Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2022 10:48 AM
Aug 2018
q porra foi essa fiquei em shook
Sep 7, 2022 10:51 AM

Feb 2012
Made in Abyss Season 2 ep 10 is definitely a 10/10.
Perfect action, drama, animation, ost, and storytelling! The transition in some scenes was god-tier!
Reg and Faputa moments are painfully wholesome.
and Belaf be like: You're gonna carry that weight, Nanachi. See you abyss fluff.
Sep 7, 2022 10:52 AM
Jun 2021
Really glad to finally be seeing some of Reg's journey up
Sep 7, 2022 11:13 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Woaaaaaaaah what a moment to end the episode!!!
I suppose it does make sense that since she came from 3 eggs, she has 3 precious people. The reason why anyone else can have 1 is because we indeed come from just 1 egg. Well... with a few exceptions...

This show is so good. I keep saying it but I'm so glad I get to see this animated.

Reg was Faputa's Haku and she hoped it was mutual. Going by the jump scene they very likely had an encounter. But Reg then found Riko and that's why she hates her. Because she took Reg from him. Obviously she didn't because Reg didn't see Faputa as his Haku. Must be painful for her.
Sep 7, 2022 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
Nothing more to say. Excellent job from Kinema Citrus and Kevin Penkin. The OST, animation and scenes were all perfect. Felt so bad for the villagers (some of who didn't have anything to do with the foundation of the village) and felt so bad for Faputa who had to deal with her Haku (what she values the most) forgetting her and trying to stop her reason to live.

The soundtrack where the iron rain starts pouring down the village was simply beautiful. Cannot wait for the release of the OST.

With only two episodes left (last one of double lenght), I hope they can make justice to the climax of the arc. It was my favorite part
Sep 7, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2020
I legitimately was not expecting a tendril to slip out of this dude's eye so he could point at something, lmao.

Inb4 there is a third Mitty next season. Seems like her suffering is just never going to end. Nanachi did just say "If I ever find you in your current form again." So that's kind of a weird thing to say if it's not foreshadowing. I guess, at least, this one can rest now.

Jesus, lmao. I didn't expect Faputa to be so ravenous. I figured she would just kill things indiscriminately but she's really getting in there and fucking shit up.

We're finally getting some answers in regards to Reg. I will say, I always thought it was a bit strange that Reg's name was Reg before his amnesia, and Riko "conveniently" named him that as well. The only real theory I can think of is that he must be connected to Riko's mother. As they basically do everything in their power to make Riko a little baby clone of Lyza.

This was a good episode, perhaps the best of the season -- so far.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 7, 2022 11:18 AM

Oct 2019
yep this did it,

this season is a fucking 10/10

what a masterclass of an episode in visuals, music, directing, story and character writing. it was pure perfection.

probably tied with the season 1 finale, and probably went straight into my top 20 favorite episodes of all time.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 7, 2022 11:19 AM
Oct 2019
awesome episode, music, action, story, emotions, honestly it felt like 3 minute episode.
Sep 7, 2022 11:31 AM
Jun 2020
varias emoções ao mesmo tempo, meu deus.... aguardando o proximo ep....
Sep 7, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2021
The music, the characters, the backstory...just wow. Just when i though that episodes 7 and 8 would be the peak of this season.
Sep 7, 2022 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
A character having emotional dying scene... twice. Very MIA.
Faputa's past with Reg is interesting. I really hope they find some solution where she ends up happy.
Sep 7, 2022 11:56 AM
Oct 2020
Subarashii…. subarashii.
Sep 7, 2022 12:09 PM
Apr 2021
WTF IS THIS SHOW I LOVE IT
Sep 7, 2022 12:13 PM
Apr 2017
I ship reg and faputa.
Sep 7, 2022 12:15 PM
Apr 2021
DoubleR said:
I feel like a lot of people will praise this episode.
In my opinion it was the worst of this season. I like the series but I think this is the peak (so far) when I realize I don't understand shit. They speak indirectly about things, with too many codes and broken language. It's just too hard to understand what is going on, as if everything is told in a riddle that the viewer has to solve.

I didn't feel anything at all when Nanachi parted with Mitty again. She didn't have a big role in this season, mostly sleeping, and I don't understand either why Belaf let her free. Her relationship with Mitty felt a bit off here. She let Mitty go once already.

The fight with Faputa wasn't anything exciting and her connection with Reg is..l don't know. From my understanding she met him before, he protected her until the big robot woke up and they became friends. That's about it.

It's ok not to understand, maybe if you watch it again and give it a deeper analysis?
Sep 7, 2022 12:26 PM
May 2018
This episode made me cry more than anything, Nanachi and Mitty at the beginning was very emotional, and the end of the episode was the climax, with Faputa jumping on Reg and the music suddenly stopping, it made me extremely excited for the next episode!
Sep 7, 2022 12:40 PM
Sep 2019
never disappoint me!
Sep 7, 2022 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
Kindness and foolishness go hand in hand. Reg is just built that way and Faputa won't even stop for her precious haku. Everyone is right in their own conscience. Its the Abyss world that makes the difference of right or wrong. I hope Faputa comes to calm.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 7, 2022 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
I actually thought that the flashback was in current time and Reg has managed to reason with Faputa lmao
An exceptionally well-done sequence. best episode of the series.
Sep 7, 2022 12:52 PM

Mar 2021
My goodness, what an episode. I don't know what is going to happen; I am not sure I even know what I want to happen. But I am absolutely captivated.

I usually suffer from some rather extreme recency bias, so it is hard to say how good this season is compared to some of the other great shows this year (and more still to come?) without the benefit of hindsight. But if anybody told me this was their favorite show of 2022, I would be hard pressed to find fault with their judgement.
Sep 7, 2022 1:06 PM
Apr 2020
Do not stop Faputa
Sep 7, 2022 1:12 PM

Nov 2019
Negotiations failed, we'll get her next time.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Sep 7, 2022 1:16 PM
Jul 2020
Holy Bloody Fuck...
Sep 7, 2022 1:20 PM

Apr 2018
What a masterpiece of an episode. It truly took all the words out of my mouth. This is beyond what an anime is able to deliver, such emotions that were brought up inside of me, my jaw dropped time to time, tears coming up from the flashbacks and joy from Reg's transformation. The soundtrack which delivered so well, truly one of a kind. The direction was in a class of it own too. The transition from flashback to the present with such smoothness which gave such an incredible feeling. This was just so beautiful and emotional to watch, every episode surpassed the previous one and it's basically impossible for the next episode to be even BETTER than this. INCREDIBLE!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 7, 2022 1:29 PM
Apr 2017
jTiKey said:
This season is very weird. I didn't like it at all.
None of the emotional stuff hit, nor the motivation of the characters was justified.

All the village stuff was gimmicky. Faputa's motivation is there just for the sake of having a conflict. Such a one-dimensional character just for the sake to be an antagonist but not really. We didn't bond with her the same way it was implied they did with Reg. That final battle didn't hit anything. It was just a "boss battle at the end of the season".

Nanachi was useless all season and the revival of Mitty was just manipulative to try to replicate the same effect it had in season 1, but it didn't and it made the initial scene worse.

Manga readers, does it get worse later on? Was the manga the same or just bad direction of the anime?

For the manga readers answer you, first they would have to agree with any of your affirmations about the season lol
Sep 7, 2022 1:29 PM
Sep 2017
I really loved the chapter, but I would have liked to see more dynamism, perspective and action.
artists like Natsume Shingo and Jumpaoki would have given more prominence and relevance to the chapter / season /.

I could even say that the genga is very spectacular, the problem is the color palette (except in some parts), the final finish, it has nothing to do with what the mangaka is trying to convey, or the situation of the scene
Sep 7, 2022 1:36 PM

Feb 2016
Less than five minutes into this and I'm crying. Less than five minutes from the end, and I'm crying even more.
Sep 7, 2022 1:39 PM
Apr 2021
cette ep est fou !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2022 1:40 PM
Jul 2015
Masterpiece !! Best episode of the season so far
Sep 7, 2022 1:43 PM
Mar 2021
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A MASTERPIECE!
Sep 7, 2022 1:54 PM
Dec 2021
“Utskushi!”, That’s the only word to define this episode, honestly. Every episode so far has been great, no, more than great, they are masterpieces.

Why is this so overlooked?

And the most important question is “WHEN ARE WE GETTING A THIRD SEASON?!”.

It’s hard enough to wait a whole week to see a 23 minutes episode, talk less of more than 365 days.
Sep 7, 2022 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
My mind is a bit of a mess right now, trying to convey my thoughts about this episode as a whole, so I hope I make some sense here. XD

Having to say goodbye to Mitty for a second time was heartbreaking for Nanachi, but I'm glad she held strong to her decision, even if it was a painful one at that. The little creatures were able to give Nanachi a parting gift before they disappeared. It makes me wonder if this will play a big part in this arc...

The fight between Faputa and Reg was a brutal and sad one, especially for the latter after hearing Faputa pouring her emotions as she tries to achieve her ultimate goal. The animation quality for their fight was excellent. Even after Riko used the Pruschka whistle and Reg got the upper hand, Faputa still proved to be a tough opponent for him.

Eventually, we finally got to the flashback and how Faputa and Reg first met and it's hard to not smile at how cute Faputa's reactions around Reg was back then. The fact that he did make a promise to help her after completing his own mission just makes their fight even more sad and tragic, also helped by the goosebump-inducing OST from Kevin Penkin. When it looked like the fight was over, Faputa landed a brutal blow on Reg, which was where the OST was cut abruptly short and the episode ended on a savage cliffhanger.

My hope for a somewhat positive ending to this arc seems to be on the edge of not happening, so I hope that Nanachi can get back in time to help if that's possible. Whatever happens next, I know that this series will send my emotions through hell and back, that's for sure.
Sep 7, 2022 2:18 PM

Jun 2009
Easily the best episode of the entire season. From direction, music, animation to how flashbacks are used to depict connection between Faputa and Reg.
Sep 7, 2022 2:20 PM

Apr 2016
This is the best episode of Made in Abyss. Hands Down. Kevin's music, Misaki Kuno's stellar voice performance, the directing of the flashbacks. All of it is just peak. I'd give this an 11/10 if I could.
Sep 7, 2022 2:21 PM
Aug 2021
LITERALLY WHAT AN EPISODE !!!!
Sep 7, 2022 2:22 PM
May 2015
i like the episode but i felt that the scene between nanachi and belaf was rushed. was there more to it? i was expecting more content about belaf in especific. can someone tell which chapter covers this episode?
Sep 7, 2022 2:24 PM
Jan 2017
This show's capacity to convey emotion continues to surpass my expectations. Truly phenomenal.
Sep 7, 2022 2:34 PM
Jan 2018
Goated anime, with goated music and goated storywriting every episode is banger. No need to anything else.

Really liked flashbacks from both Reg and Faputa's perspective. Also this really shows how much Faputa values Reg and why she didn't hesitate to give her arm and ear for him (since she, like her mother, really want to give birth).
Sep 7, 2022 2:37 PM

Aug 2018
This was a heartbreaking cliffhanger
Sep 7, 2022 2:37 PM

Feb 2018
The OST really made those emotional moments have much more of an impact, especially towards the end. Being forced to fight each other like that, as he's beginning to remember...
Sep 7, 2022 2:49 PM
Mar 2015
Too bad Reg and Faputa cannot stay together just like Mitey and Nannchi
Sep 7, 2022 3:20 PM
Aug 2016
What a great adaptation of those chapters and animation was insane!
Oct 2013
First layer pain.mp3
Hanezeve Sadness.mp3
Jan 2016
ok.......................................
Sep 7, 2022 3:26 PM
Dec 2017
Teqnoblade said:
The music, the characters, the backstory...just wow. Just when i though that episodes 7 and 8 would be the peak of this season.

Same feeling
Each episode is a masterpiece and a new climax.
Nanatchi and Mitty, here we go again :'(
Very nice fight and I can wait for the next 2 episodes
Sep 7, 2022 3:41 PM

Nov 2017
This episode is amazing!
Sep 7, 2022 3:43 PM
Dec 2012
Masterpiece from start to finish, almost cried.
Sep 7, 2022 3:55 PM
Jun 2015
Well, it happened I cried.
Damn Nanachi, always getting in my feels since first season.
Sep 7, 2022 4:03 PM

Dec 2012
This felt brutal to watch holy... just amazing
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 7, 2022 4:07 PM

May 2021
Mitty going away didn't have much of an impact on me but the battle of Reg against Faputa was really good. I was expecting base Reg to do more but I guess a power-up by whistling works as well.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

405 by conquistadorr »»
Apr 21, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.