Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari: Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story' Gets TV Anime

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2022 5:41 AM
#1
News Team
Scrap Immortal

Offline
Jul 2020
199
TO Books announced a 2023 television anime adaptation for Nozomu Mochitsuki's Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari: Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story (Tearmoon Empire) light novel on Tuesday. Mainichi Broadcasting System simultaneously opened an official website, revealing the main cast, staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser promotional video.

Sumire Uesaka (Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san) is joining the cast as Mia Luna Tearmoon.

Staff
Director: Yuushi Ibe (Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru assistant director)
Series Composition: Deko Akao (Hitomi Mieno) (Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu)
Character Design: Mai Ootsuka (Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki)
Music: Kouji Fujimoto (Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!)
Studio: SILVER LINK.

Mochitsuki began writing the romance fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in August 2018. TO Books began publishing the series with illustrations by Gilse in June 2019 and scheduled the 11th volume for a September 10 release.

Mizu Morino began drawing a manga adaptation on the Comic Corona website in August 2019. TO Books released the fourth volume on February 15 and scheduled to ship the fifth volume on September 15. The series has a cumulative 850,000 copies of its novel and manga volumes in print, including digital editions.

J-Novel Club licensed both the light novel and manga adaptation in English in November 2019 and May 2022, respectively. The eighth novel volume and first manga volume went on sale this July and August.

Synopsis
Surrounded by the hate-filled gazes of her people, the selfish princess of the fallen Tearmoon Empire, Mia, takes one last look at the bleeding sun before the guillotine blade falls... Only to wake back up as a twelve-year-old! With time rewound and a second chance at life dropped into her lap, she sets out to right the countless wrongs that plague the ailing Empire. Corrupt governance? Check. Border troubles? Check. Natural calamities and economic strife? Check. My, seems like a lot of work. Hard work and Mia don't mix, so she seeks out the aid of others, starting with her loyal maid, Anne, and the brilliant minister, Ludwig. Together, they strive day and night to restore the Empire. Little by little, their tireless efforts begin to change the course of history, pushing the whole of the continent toward a new future. And why did the selfish princess have a change of heart, you ask? Simple—she didn't. She's just terrified of the guillotine. They hurt like hell, and Mia hates pain more than work. (Source: J-Novel Club)

Teaser PV


Official site: https://tearmoon-pr.com/
Official Twitter: @tearmoon_pr
Novel special site: http://www.tobooks.jp/tearmoon/

Source: LN News

Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari: Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story on MAL
VindstotSep 7, 2022 4:11 PM
no
Sep 6, 2022 5:43 AM
#2

Offline
Aug 2021
10162
that is cute and sweet girl


And I just wanted you to know
That this is me trying
(And maybe I don't quite know what to say)
I just wanted you to know
That this is me trying
At least I'm trying
Sep 6, 2022 5:51 AM
#3

Offline
Jul 2015
7546
So it's one of those "Making Kingdom Great Again". We have quite a lot of those recently. They usually were good, so gonna check this one as well.
Sep 6, 2022 6:07 AM
#4
The Komori

Offline
Mar 2013
7148
So it's an other world SoL that sort of became an isekai, but it isn't really an isekai...Interesting lol
Sep 6, 2022 6:12 AM
#5
SMM2 Enthusiast

Offline
Feb 2012
7697
One of my favorite novels "Tearmoon Empire" is finally getting an anime!! I had a feeling it was going to happen and now it's official!

Each volume is really long with dozens of chapters so I'm wondering how they are going to fit the story arcs in anime form?

Nevertheless, I'm absolutely hyped for this anime adaptation! :D I adored that PV. I also liked their VA choice for Mia and it's going to be the voice of Nagatoro-san, hah!
Sep 6, 2022 6:20 AM
#6

Offline
Feb 2021
4237
LunyRem said:
One of my favorite novels "Tearmoon Empire" is finally getting an anime!! I had a feeling it was going to happen and now it's official!

Each volume is really long with dozens of chapters so I'm wondering how they are going to fit the story arcs in anime form?

Nevertheless, I'm absolutely hyped for this anime adaptation! :D I adored that PV. I also liked their VA choice for Mia and it's going to be the voice of Nagatoro-san, hah!

I think they make 24-26 episodes.

It looks interesting for me. I will watch adaptation.
Sep 6, 2022 6:23 AM
#7

Offline
Oct 2015
717
Tearmoon Empire getting an adaptation. Not surprised, since this is one of the fantasy LN that the LN community has been hyping for quite some time.

Well, the LN community I am in has been hyping this news for the past 4 hours~

Looks like Torture Princess is now the only popular fantasy LN that has not gotten an adaptation~
Sep 6, 2022 6:25 AM
#8
SMM2 Enthusiast

Offline
Feb 2012
7697
Sotara said:
LunyRem said:
One of my favorite novels "Tearmoon Empire" is finally getting an anime!! I had a feeling it was going to happen and now it's official!

Each volume is really long with dozens of chapters so I'm wondering how they are going to fit the story arcs in anime form?

Nevertheless, I'm absolutely hyped for this anime adaptation! :D I adored that PV. I also liked their VA choice for Mia and it's going to be the voice of Nagatoro-san, hah!

I think they make 24-26 episodes.

It looks interesting for me. I will watch adaptation.

It's uncommon for novels/LNs to be adapted into a 2-cour anime, but adapting this into 2-cour (or split-cour) would be a wise decision so the anime wouldn't rush the pacing. Tearmoon Empire novels are rich in exposition and info dump.

And I also enjoyed the character development of Mia from the volumes that I've read. Her character design from the PV looks really cute already. I just hope SILVER LINK does this justice...

NewestPersonHere said:
Looks like Torture Princess is now the only popular fantasy LN that has not gotten an adaptation~

I'd love to see an anime adaptation of Torture Princess. The anime community won't be ready for this one. x)
Sep 6, 2022 6:28 AM
#9

Offline
Feb 2021
4237
LunyRem said:
Sotara said:

I think they make 24-26 episodes.

It looks interesting for me. I will watch adaptation.

It's uncommon for novels/LNs to be adapted into a 2-cour anime, but adapting this into 2-cour (or split-cour) would be a wise decision so the anime wouldn't rush the pacing. Tearmoon Empire novels are rich in exposition and info dump.

And I also enjoyed the character development of Mia from the volumes that I've read. Her character design from the PV looks really cute already. I just hope SILVER LINK does this justice...

You are right. I think they divide it into two parts.
Sep 6, 2022 6:52 AM

Offline
Dec 2017
26195
so another villianiess redemption isekai ish oh splendid just what we needed.

Sep 6, 2022 6:55 AM

Offline
May 2013
369
This is so good! We have wave of villainess anime coming!

We have already coming:


  • I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss
  • The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
  • Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess Lieselotte!
  • The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion


And probably more is coming still!
Sep 6, 2022 6:56 AM

Offline
May 2013
369
Crow_Black said:
so another villianiess redemption isekai ish oh splendid just what we needed.


This is not villainess isekai but villainess reincarnation.
RavenWolf1Sep 6, 2022 6:59 AM
Sep 6, 2022 6:59 AM

Offline
Dec 2017
26195
RavenWolf1 said:
Crow_Black said:
so another villianiess redemption isekai ish oh splendid just what we needed.


This is not villainess isekai but villainess reincarnation.


Close hence the ish part but even still wish that more shoujo were adapted, mayhaps this can change others minds in a ideal world who knows.

Sep 6, 2022 7:02 AM

Offline
May 2013
369
Crow_Black said:
RavenWolf1 said:


This is not villainess isekai but villainess reincarnation.


Close hence the ish part but even still wish that more shoujo were adapted, mayhaps this can change others minds in a ideal world who knows.


Yeah. It is practically same thing. But what would you expect if about half of new isekai manga/manhwa published these days are villainess stories? It surprised me that it took this long for anime industry to take the notice. This is probably going to be a new major isekai trend with alongside of generic male overpowered harem protagonists. These two genres are going to split isekai genre in half.
Sep 6, 2022 7:12 AM

Offline
May 2013
369
My French Revolution can’t be this cute!
Sep 6, 2022 7:18 AM

Offline
Feb 2020
1346
YES YES YES! I knew it would happen someday, but thank goodness we got confirmation! Instantly gonna be one of my fav anime of the yr if done right!

Just a bit questionable of SILVER LINK cuz they dont make a lot of good titles.. ill hope for the best. Studio has done 2 cours and multiple seasons before, so i wonder if it will also get more anime content
BoazanianSep 6, 2022 7:26 AM
Sep 6, 2022 7:26 AM

Offline
Feb 2012
6480
Sounds wholesome, lil girl working to better her empire.
Sep 6, 2022 7:50 AM

Offline
Dec 2014
19041
This should be interesting...

Hopefully would be decent at least



(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 6, 2022 8:45 AM
Offline
Dec 2013
193
Piromysl said:
So it's one of those "Making Kingdom Great Again". We have quite a lot of those recently. They usually were good, so gonna check this one as well.
Mia is pretty self-centered self absorbed person trying to avoid her death. Anything she does is primarily for her own benefit and if someone else gains from it their gain wasn't her primary motivation. Meanwhile everyone else around her reads her actions as the opposite. They think she's a genius playing 4D chess when she's actually a simpleton. The narrator also lays into her ferociously. I don't know how well the narrator will be translated into the anime but it's one of the best aspects of the books.
Sep 6, 2022 9:14 AM
One Word - Anime

Offline
Jun 2017
7045
Seems somewhat interesting. Normally, I would just watch and scroll through typical isekai shows but this stopped me from doing that. And that in itself is sort of an achievement, lmao. I'll keep an eye on this, the LN community showing interest in this has to be good indication, right?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


Sep 6, 2022 9:51 AM

Offline
May 2021
381
looks really cute and interesting. but the staff is...meh.(silverlink needs to chill man) I just hope the adaptation is good.
Sep 6, 2022 9:52 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
RavenWolf1 said:
This is so good! We have wave of villainess anime coming!

We have already coming:


  • I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss
  • The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
  • Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess Lieselotte!
  • The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion


And probably more is coming still!


I find it funny how people are willing to praise and hype isekai and reincarnation anime just because of the female protagonists.
Sep 6, 2022 9:55 AM

Offline
May 2021
381
RobertBobert said:
RavenWolf1 said:
This is so good! We have wave of villainess anime coming!

We have already coming:


  • I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss
  • The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
  • Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess Lieselotte!
  • The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion


And probably more is coming still!


I find it funny how people are willing to praise and hype isekai and reincarnation anime just because of the female protagonists.
YEAH i noticed that too lmao... like what's the hype about it?
Sep 6, 2022 10:03 AM
Offline
May 2016
252
I'm so happy, one more Shoujo LN getting an anime.
This is the first time we are getting so much Shoujo adaptations.
congratulations girls )

So far we have 17 confirmed Shoujo adaptations and 4 rumored ones waiting confirmation.

1. My Happy Marriage https://myanimelist.net/anime/51552/Watashi_no_Shiawase_na_Kekkon

2. The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion https://myanimelist.net/anime/52308/Kanojo_ga_Koushaku-tei_ni_Itta_Riyuu

3. Sugar Apple Fairy Tale https://myanimelist.net/anime/49980/Sugar_Apple_Fairy_Tale

4. Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts https://myanimelist.net/anime/46422/Niehime_to_Kemono_no_Ou

5. Princess of the Bibliophile https://myanimelist.net/anime/50923/Mushikaburi-hime

6. I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss https://myanimelist.net/anime/49979/Akuyaku_Reijou_nanode_Last_Boss_wo_Kattemimashita

7. Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte https://myanimelist.net/anime/50652/Tsundere_Akuyaku_Reijou_Liselotte_to_Jikkyou_no_Endou-kun_to_Kaisetsu_no_Kobayashi-san

8. Raven of the Inner Palace https://myanimelist.net/anime/50590/Koukyuu_no_Karasu

9. The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent 2 https://myanimelist.net/anime/51215/Seijo_no_Maryoku_wa_Bannou_Desu_2nd_Season

10. Tearmoon Empire

11. The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague https://myanimelist.net/anime/52173/Koori_Zokusei_Danshi_to_Cool_na_Douryou_Joshi

12. Murai's Love https://myanimelist.net/anime/52080/Murai_no_Koi

13. I'm Doing My Best to Make Myself at Home in Another World https://myanimelist.net/anime/52359/Isekai_de_Mofumofu_Nadenade_suru_Tame_ni_Ganbattemasu


Shoujo movies

14. Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon Cosmos https://myanimelist.net/anime/51716/Bishoujo_Senshi_Sailor_Moon_Cosmos_Movie

15. Country of Gold, Country of Water https://myanimelist.net/anime/52186/Kin_no_Kuni_Mizu_no_Kuni

16. Hamefura Movie https://myanimelist.net/anime/49842/Otome_Game_no_Hametsu_Flag_shika_Nai_Akuyaku_Reijou_ni_Tensei_shiteshimatta%E2%80%A6_Movie

17. Collar x Malice https://myanimelist.net/anime/39905/Collar_x_Malice


4 rumored Shoujo adaptations.

1. The Rose of Versailles remake by MAPPA ( should be confirmed this month.)

2. My Lv999 Love For Yamada-Kun

3. A Girl & Her Guard Dog

4. 7th Time Loop The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy!
Sep 6, 2022 10:07 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
ryoko6 said:
RobertBobert said:


I find it funny how people are willing to praise and hype isekai and reincarnation anime just because of the female protagonists.
YEAH i noticed that too lmao... like what's the hype about it?


My mini speculation is that a lot of people get annoyed with isekai not so much because of the assembly line, but because of the male fantasy.
Sep 6, 2022 10:08 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
ninka22 said:
I'm so happy, one more Shoujo LN getting an anime.
This is the first time we are getting so much Shoujo adaptations.
congratulations girls )

So far we have 17 confirmed Shoujo adaptations and 4 rumored ones waiting confirmation.

1. My Happy Marriage https://myanimelist.net/anime/51552/Watashi_no_Shiawase_na_Kekkon

2. The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion https://myanimelist.net/anime/52308/Kanojo_ga_Koushaku-tei_ni_Itta_Riyuu

3. Sugar Apple Fairy Tale https://myanimelist.net/anime/49980/Sugar_Apple_Fairy_Tale

4. Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts https://myanimelist.net/anime/46422/Niehime_to_Kemono_no_Ou

5. Princess of the Bibliophile https://myanimelist.net/anime/50923/Mushikaburi-hime

6. I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss https://myanimelist.net/anime/49979/Akuyaku_Reijou_nanode_Last_Boss_wo_Kattemimashita

7. Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte https://myanimelist.net/anime/50652/Tsundere_Akuyaku_Reijou_Liselotte_to_Jikkyou_no_Endou-kun_to_Kaisetsu_no_Kobayashi-san

8. Raven of the Inner Palace https://myanimelist.net/anime/50590/Koukyuu_no_Karasu

9. The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent 2 https://myanimelist.net/anime/51215/Seijo_no_Maryoku_wa_Bannou_Desu_2nd_Season

10. Tearmoon Empire

11. The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague https://myanimelist.net/anime/52173/Koori_Zokusei_Danshi_to_Cool_na_Douryou_Joshi

12. Murai's Love https://myanimelist.net/anime/52080/Murai_no_Koi

13. I'm Doing My Best to Make Myself at Home in Another World https://myanimelist.net/anime/52359/Isekai_de_Mofumofu_Nadenade_suru_Tame_ni_Ganbattemasu


Shoujo movies

14. Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon Cosmos https://myanimelist.net/anime/51716/Bishoujo_Senshi_Sailor_Moon_Cosmos_Movie

15. Country of Gold, Country of Water https://myanimelist.net/anime/52186/Kin_no_Kuni_Mizu_no_Kuni

16. Hamefura Movie https://myanimelist.net/anime/49842/Otome_Game_no_Hametsu_Flag_shika_Nai_Akuyaku_Reijou_ni_Tensei_shiteshimatta%E2%80%A6_Movie

17. Collar x Malice https://myanimelist.net/anime/39905/Collar_x_Malice


4 rumored Shoujo adaptations.

1. The Rose of Versailles remake by MAPPA ( should be confirmed this month.)

2. My Lv999 Love For Yamada-Kun

3. A Girl & Her Guard Dog

4. 7th Time Loop The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy!


A remake of the Rose of Versailles by MAPPA? God, my heart can't handle the chaos this show will become. I can already see how people will argue that Oscar is trans or lesbian, or attack Andre because he is the main center of heterosexuality in the show.
Sep 6, 2022 10:10 AM

Offline
Feb 2020
1346
RobertBobert said:
I find it funny how people are willing to praise and hype isekai and reincarnation anime just because of the female protagonists.

ryoko6 said:
YEAH i noticed that too lmao... like what's the hype about it?

I can't speak for the other titles RavenWolf1 mentioned, but I like the female protagonist in Tearmoon Empire as she's less cringey and more of an oddball compared to most MCs in the genre. And she isn't overpowered, so she can't exactly figure out a problem instantly or make up a power to fix something

on top of that, the story just seems better crafted than the rest of them. Similar to Genius Prince/Realist Hero, but with much less pondering to the love interests, except if it's actually part of the new storyline
Sep 6, 2022 10:15 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:
I find it funny how people are willing to praise and hype isekai and reincarnation anime just because of the female protagonists.

ryoko6 said:
YEAH i noticed that too lmao... like what's the hype about it?

I can't speak for the other titles RavenWolf1 mentioned, but I like the female protagonist in Tearmoon Empire as she's less cringey and more of an oddball compared to most MCs in the genre. And she isn't overpowered, so she can't exactly figure out a problem instantly or make up a power to fix something

on top of that, the story just seems better crafted than the rest of them. Similar to Genius Prince/Realist Hero, but with much less pondering to the love interests, except if it's actually part of the new storyline


We say nothing about the quality of this work. I just personally find it funny how people who demonize traditional isekais are literally crazy about the same shows with female protagonists.
Sep 6, 2022 10:17 AM
Offline
May 2016
252
RobertBobert said:

A remake of the Rose of Versailles by MAPPA? God, my heart can't handle the chaos this show will become. I can already see how people will argue that Oscar is trans or lesbian, or attack Andre because he is the main center of heterosexuality in the show.


My God lol and they said the are makeing some changes. now I'm scared.
Sep 6, 2022 10:21 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
ninka22 said:
RobertBobert said:

A remake of the Rose of Versailles by MAPPA? God, my heart can't handle the chaos this show will become. I can already see how people will argue that Oscar is trans or lesbian, or attack Andre because he is the main center of heterosexuality in the show.


My God lol and they said the are makeing some changes. now I'm scared.


Well, I heard that the latest edition of the manga in the West did some changes in the translation according to the agreement with the author, but I don't know the details. But I don't really like that despite the fact that the manga is technically not queer, the work and promotion of the work in the west was completely entrusted to translators and an editor with a lesbian identity. Anyway, given that Rose clearly touches on several modern triggers, I'm really scared to imagine what they're going to change. Give the manga a good ending? Or play with Oscar's identity and main cast?
Sep 6, 2022 10:23 AM

Offline
Feb 2020
1346
RobertBobert said:
Boazanian said:


I can't speak for the other titles RavenWolf1 mentioned, but I like the female protagonist in Tearmoon Empire as she's less cringey and more of an oddball compared to most MCs in the genre. And she isn't overpowered, so she can't exactly figure out a problem instantly or make up a power to fix something

on top of that, the story just seems better crafted than the rest of them. Similar to Genius Prince/Realist Hero, but with much less pondering to the love interests, except if it's actually part of the new storyline


We say nothing about the quality of this work. I just personally find it funny how people who demonize traditional isekais are literally crazy about the same shows with female protagonists.

oh yeah for sure. I think a good portion of ppl are tired of another fantasy story fantasizing about girls, and they'd gladly accept anything new including myself (even if the 'new' is just genders swapped). tho id also mention there seems to be better written stories, while not necessarily always good, at least feels different than a romcom in disguise
Sep 6, 2022 10:28 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:


We say nothing about the quality of this work. I just personally find it funny how people who demonize traditional isekais are literally crazy about the same shows with female protagonists.

oh yeah for sure. I think a good portion of ppl are tired of another fantasy story fantasizing about girls, and they'd gladly accept anything new including myself (even if the 'new' is just genders swapped). tho id also mention there seems to be better written stories, while not necessarily always good, at least feels different than a romcom in disguise


Well, most female isekai are no less than OP. Hamefura is an exception, as Bakarina is actually a parody of the Mary Sue archetype.
Sep 6, 2022 10:30 AM

Offline
May 2021
381
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:


We say nothing about the quality of this work. I just personally find it funny how people who demonize traditional isekais are literally crazy about the same shows with female protagonists.
there are some female leads which are actually cool tho

oh yeah for sure. I think a good portion of ppl are tired of another fantasy story fantasizing about girls, and they'd gladly accept anything new including myself (even if the 'new' is just genders swapped). tho id also mention there seems to be better written stories, while not necessarily always good, at least feels different than a romcom in disguise
so...literally the same shit just with a moemoe female mc (and a possible harem for her) ??? yeah seems reasonable.
Sep 6, 2022 10:41 AM

Offline
Feb 2020
1346
RobertBobert said:
Boazanian said:

oh yeah for sure. I think a good portion of ppl are tired of another fantasy story fantasizing about girls, and they'd gladly accept anything new including myself (even if the 'new' is just genders swapped). tho id also mention there seems to be better written stories, while not necessarily always good, at least feels different than a romcom in disguise


Well, most female isekai are no less than OP. Hamefura is an exception, as Bakarina is actually a parody of the Mary Sue archetype.

refresh my memory: i'm pretty sure she is literally powerless? I remember she has a lot of friends who are quite powerful, but i can't recall her having any noteworthy abilities besides her memories so a lot of the work done to prevent her death were through very human actions. Contrary to certain male MCs who look like and have the power of gods by the end of the cour

ryoko6 said:
so...literally the same shit just with a moemoe female mc (and a possible harem for her) ??? yeah seems reasonable.

not exactly. Some ppl have mentioned this already, but Tearmoon Empire focuses more on the story and the world. Building-the-empire-back-up type of thing, so finances, logistics, and foreign relations are common themes here... it's the main focus of this story and what directly affects the possibility of Mia's death. and yes romance exists, but there is really only 1 person who reciprocates the feelings (and Mia specifically pushes for this route, at least where i am at currently in the LN). And as of 2 volumes in, it doesn't feel like a harem to me, and i've seen plently of it in romcom and isekai alike
Sep 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Offline
May 2013
369
RobertBobert said:
RavenWolf1 said:
This is so good! We have wave of villainess anime coming!

We have already coming:


  • I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss
  • The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
  • Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess Lieselotte!
  • The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion


And probably more is coming still!


I find it funny how people are willing to praise and hype isekai and reincarnation anime just because of the female protagonists.


Because female perspective is different, refreshing and interesting. More interesting than generic overpowered male harem protagonists. We have had too few female leads in isekai anyway. Too long has isekai branded for only male audience.
RavenWolf1Sep 6, 2022 10:49 AM
Sep 6, 2022 10:46 AM

Offline
May 2021
381
ryoko6 said:
so...literally the same shit just with a moemoe female mc (and a possible harem for her) ??? yeah seems reasonable.

not exactly. Some ppl have mentioned this already, but Tearmoon Empire focuses more on the story and the world. Building-the-empire-back-up type of thing, so finances, logistics, and foreign relations are common themes here... it's the main focus of this story and what directly affects the possibility of Mia's death. and yes romance exists, but there is really only 1 person who reciprocates the feelings (and Mia specifically pushes for this route, at least where i am at currently in the LN). And as of 2 volumes in, it doesn't feel like a harem to me, and i've seen plently of it in romcom and isekai alike[/quote] bruh i didn't say anything abt this series... i actually quite like this one.
Sep 6, 2022 10:51 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
RavenWolf1 said:
RobertBobert said:


I find it funny how people are willing to praise and hype isekai and reincarnation anime just because of the female protagonists.


Because female perspective is different, refreshing and interesting. More interesting than generic male harem protagonists. We have had too few female leads in isekai anyway. Too long has isekai branded for only male audience.


As required to prove, you have a bias towards male protagonists (this is easily guessed by the addition of the word "harem"). The fact that female isekai are often written for the same male audience, or just as generic or harem, is apparently "other and I don't understand".

ryoko6 said:
Boazanian said:
there are some female leads which are actually cool tho

oh yeah for sure. I think a good portion of ppl are tired of another fantasy story fantasizing about girls, and they'd gladly accept anything new including myself (even if the 'new' is just genders swapped). tho id also mention there seems to be better written stories, while not necessarily always good, at least feels different than a romcom in disguise
so...literally the same shit just with a moemoe female mc (and a possible harem for her) ??? yeah seems reasonable.


Well, yes. The person above literally confirmed this.

Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:


Well, most female isekai are no less than OP. Hamefura is an exception, as Bakarina is actually a parody of the Mary Sue archetype.

refresh my memory: i'm pretty sure she is literally powerless? I remember she has a lot of friends who are quite powerful, but i can't recall her having any noteworthy abilities besides her memories so a lot of the work done to prevent her death were through very human actions. Contrary to certain male MCs who look like and have the power of gods by the end of the cour

ryoko6 said:
so...literally the same shit just with a moemoe female mc (and a possible harem for her) ??? yeah seems reasonable.

not exactly. Some ppl have mentioned this already, but Tearmoon Empire focuses more on the story and the world. Building-the-empire-back-up type of thing, so finances, logistics, and foreign relations are common themes here... it's the main focus of this story and what directly affects the possibility of Mia's death. and yes romance exists, but there is really only 1 person who reciprocates the feelings (and Mia specifically pushes for this route, at least where i am at currently in the LN). And as of 2 volumes in, it doesn't feel like a harem to me, and i've seen plently of it in romcom and isekai alike


What you're ignoring is that the very idea of ​​Bakarina is a biting satire of the overabundance of shoujo isekai with self-insert protagonists that everyone around them falls in love with and changes the world with their unsurpassed intelligence. The irony is that, and like ReZero with KonoSuba, the criticism was not understood and the shows themselves became role models.
Sep 6, 2022 11:01 AM
Offline
May 2016
252
RobertBobert said:
ninka22 said:


My God lol and they said the are makeing some changes. now I'm scared.


Well, I heard that the latest edition of the manga in the West did some changes in the translation according to the agreement with the author, but I don't know the details. But I don't really like that despite the fact that the manga is technically not queer, the work and promotion of the work in the west was completely entrusted to translators and an editor with a lesbian identity. Anyway, given that Rose clearly touches on several modern triggers, I'm really scared to imagine what they're going to change. Give the manga a good ending? Or play with Oscar's identity and main cast?


Just got confirmation. New Anime Film Project to celebrate 50th Anniversary



Sep 6, 2022 11:04 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
ninka22 said:
RobertBobert said:


Well, I heard that the latest edition of the manga in the West did some changes in the translation according to the agreement with the author, but I don't know the details. But I don't really like that despite the fact that the manga is technically not queer, the work and promotion of the work in the west was completely entrusted to translators and an editor with a lesbian identity. Anyway, given that Rose clearly touches on several modern triggers, I'm really scared to imagine what they're going to change. Give the manga a good ending? Or play with Oscar's identity and main cast?


Just got confirmation. New Anime Film Project to celebrate 50th Anniversary





Movie? Did they like Sailor Moon's development model?

Sep 6, 2022 11:06 AM

Offline
Feb 2020
1346
RobertBobert said:
RavenWolf1 said:


Because female perspective is different, refreshing and interesting. More interesting than generic male harem protagonists. We have had too few female leads in isekai anyway. Too long has isekai branded for only male audience.


As required to prove, you have a bias towards male protagonists (this is easily guessed by the addition of the word "harem"). The fact that female isekai are often written for the same male audience, or just as generic or harem, is apparently "other and I don't understand".

ryoko6 said:
so...literally the same shit just with a moemoe female mc (and a possible harem for her) ??? yeah seems reasonable.


Well, yes. The person above literally confirmed this.

Boazanian said:

refresh my memory: i'm pretty sure she is literally powerless? I remember she has a lot of friends who are quite powerful, but i can't recall her having any noteworthy abilities besides her memories so a lot of the work done to prevent her death were through very human actions. Contrary to certain male MCs who look like and have the power of gods by the end of the cour


not exactly. Some ppl have mentioned this already, but Tearmoon Empire focuses more on the story and the world. Building-the-empire-back-up type of thing, so finances, logistics, and foreign relations are common themes here... it's the main focus of this story and what directly affects the possibility of Mia's death. and yes romance exists, but there is really only 1 person who reciprocates the feelings (and Mia specifically pushes for this route, at least where i am at currently in the LN). And as of 2 volumes in, it doesn't feel like a harem to me, and i've seen plently of it in romcom and isekai alike


What you're ignoring is that the very idea of ​​Bakarina is a biting satire of the overabundance of shoujo isekai with self-insert protagonists that everyone around them falls in love with and changes the world with their unsurpassed intelligence. The irony is that, and like ReZero with KonoSuba, the criticism was not understood and the shows themselves became role models.

i think I misread ur words yet again haha. ya, Hamefura is an exception and criticizes the genre i agree. While i have limited knowledge in shoujo isekai and villainess series, I will mention that Tearmoon Empire does feel like everyone in near proximity of the female MC either worships or fears her. however it doesn't distract the main story of the novel, so if u plan on watching this I hope you find some form of respite from the usual
Sep 6, 2022 11:08 AM

Offline
May 2013
369
RobertBobert said:


As required to prove, you have a bias towards male protagonists (this is easily guessed by the addition of the word "harem"). The fact that female isekai are often written for the same male audience, or just as generic or harem, is apparently "other and I don't understand".



Well, yes if we talk about something like Slime 300 or Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, I agree. But clearly most of villainess stories are written for women. Have you ever read something like Your Throne, Villains Are Destined to Die, Who Made Me a Princess and Roxana? Or just isekai The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent?

Actually have look this top popular isekai manga list from Anime-Planet:
https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tags/isekai

Did you notice something? First pages (sorted by popularity) have lots of villainess isekais which are geared for women. Isekais which are geared toward women are incredible popular as manga/manhwa. Especially villainess genre. In Korea they are majority isekai stories these days. And because this Crunchyroll has noticed this trend too:

Crunchyroll: Shojo Anime Genre Has Strong Growth Potential
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-03-31/crunchyroll-shojo-anime-genre-has-strong-growth-potential/.184215

That business seminar is the reason why we are today having flood of villainess and shojo anime.




RavenWolf1Sep 6, 2022 11:13 AM
Sep 6, 2022 11:09 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:


As required to prove, you have a bias towards male protagonists (this is easily guessed by the addition of the word "harem"). The fact that female isekai are often written for the same male audience, or just as generic or harem, is apparently "other and I don't understand".



Well, yes. The person above literally confirmed this.



What you're ignoring is that the very idea of ​​Bakarina is a biting satire of the overabundance of shoujo isekai with self-insert protagonists that everyone around them falls in love with and changes the world with their unsurpassed intelligence. The irony is that, and like ReZero with KonoSuba, the criticism was not understood and the shows themselves became role models.

i think I misread ur words yet again haha. ya, Hamefura is an exception and criticizes the genre i agree. While i have limited knowledge in shoujo isekai and villainess series, I will mention that Tearmoon Empire does feel like everyone in near proximity of the female MC either worships or fears her. however it doesn't distract the main story of the novel, so if u plan on watching this I hope you find some form of respite from the usual


I'm not a big fan of stuff like Overlord where the MC's are always one step ahead, but if it's not as annoying as the bad followers of this LN, I might give it a try.
Sep 6, 2022 11:11 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
RavenWolf1 said:
RobertBobert said:


As required to prove, you have a bias towards male protagonists (this is easily guessed by the addition of the word "harem"). The fact that female isekai are often written for the same male audience, or just as generic or harem, is apparently "other and I don't understand".



Well, yes if we talk about something like Slime 300 or Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, I agree. But clearly most of villainess stories are written for women. Have you ever read something like Your Throne, Villains Are Destined to Die, Who Made Me a Princess and Roxana? Or just isekai The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent?

Actually have look this top popular isekai manga list from Anime-Planet:
https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tags/isekai

Did you notice something? First pages (sorted by popularity) have lots of villainess isekais which are geared for women. Isekais which are geared toward women are incredible popular as manga. Especially villainess genre. In Korea they are majority isekai stories these days. And because this Crunchyroll has noticed this trend too:

Crunchyroll: Shojo Anime Genre Has Strong Growth Potential
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-03-31/crunchyroll-shojo-anime-genre-has-strong-growth-potential/.184215

That business seminar is the reason why we are today having flood of villainess and shojo anime.






Yeah, and most examples of LN for women are fantasies about a handsome prince and a harem of bishonens. Excuse me, does the same plot get better or worse just because the MC has a different gender?
Sep 6, 2022 11:12 AM
Offline
Jan 2019
687
RobertBobert said:
ninka22 said:
I'm so happy, one more Shoujo LN getting an anime.
This is the first time we are getting so much Shoujo adaptations.
congratulations girls )

So far we have 17 confirmed Shoujo adaptations and 4 rumored ones waiting confirmation.

1. My Happy Marriage https://myanimelist.net/anime/51552/Watashi_no_Shiawase_na_Kekkon

2. The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion https://myanimelist.net/anime/52308/Kanojo_ga_Koushaku-tei_ni_Itta_Riyuu

3. Sugar Apple Fairy Tale https://myanimelist.net/anime/49980/Sugar_Apple_Fairy_Tale

4. Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts https://myanimelist.net/anime/46422/Niehime_to_Kemono_no_Ou

5. Princess of the Bibliophile https://myanimelist.net/anime/50923/Mushikaburi-hime

6. I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss https://myanimelist.net/anime/49979/Akuyaku_Reijou_nanode_Last_Boss_wo_Kattemimashita

7. Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte https://myanimelist.net/anime/50652/Tsundere_Akuyaku_Reijou_Liselotte_to_Jikkyou_no_Endou-kun_to_Kaisetsu_no_Kobayashi-san

8. Raven of the Inner Palace https://myanimelist.net/anime/50590/Koukyuu_no_Karasu

9. The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent 2 https://myanimelist.net/anime/51215/Seijo_no_Maryoku_wa_Bannou_Desu_2nd_Season

10. Tearmoon Empire

11. The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague https://myanimelist.net/anime/52173/Koori_Zokusei_Danshi_to_Cool_na_Douryou_Joshi

12. Murai's Love https://myanimelist.net/anime/52080/Murai_no_Koi

13. I'm Doing My Best to Make Myself at Home in Another World https://myanimelist.net/anime/52359/Isekai_de_Mofumofu_Nadenade_suru_Tame_ni_Ganbattemasu


Shoujo movies

14. Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon Cosmos https://myanimelist.net/anime/51716/Bishoujo_Senshi_Sailor_Moon_Cosmos_Movie

15. Country of Gold, Country of Water https://myanimelist.net/anime/52186/Kin_no_Kuni_Mizu_no_Kuni

16. Hamefura Movie https://myanimelist.net/anime/49842/Otome_Game_no_Hametsu_Flag_shika_Nai_Akuyaku_Reijou_ni_Tensei_shiteshimatta%E2%80%A6_Movie

17. Collar x Malice https://myanimelist.net/anime/39905/Collar_x_Malice


4 rumored Shoujo adaptations.

1. The Rose of Versailles remake by MAPPA ( should be confirmed this month.)

2. My Lv999 Love For Yamada-Kun

3. A Girl & Her Guard Dog

4. 7th Time Loop The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy!


A remake of the Rose of Versailles by MAPPA? God, my heart can't handle the chaos this show will become. I can already see how people will argue that Oscar is trans or lesbian, or attack Andre because he is the main center of heterosexuality in the show.
Why do you immediately expect the most extreme niche of people to cause shit though? Like, are you looking forward to the apparent fights, attacks and chaos or what? And by that I mean the "arguing and attacking" part, not bantering or discussing about the same topics.
Sep 6, 2022 11:18 AM

Offline
May 2013
369
RobertBobert said:
RavenWolf1 said:


Well, yes if we talk about something like Slime 300 or Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, I agree. But clearly most of villainess stories are written for women. Have you ever read something like Your Throne, Villains Are Destined to Die, Who Made Me a Princess and Roxana? Or just isekai The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent?

Actually have look this top popular isekai manga list from Anime-Planet:
https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tags/isekai

Did you notice something? First pages (sorted by popularity) have lots of villainess isekais which are geared for women. Isekais which are geared toward women are incredible popular as manga. Especially villainess genre. In Korea they are majority isekai stories these days. And because this Crunchyroll has noticed this trend too:

Crunchyroll: Shojo Anime Genre Has Strong Growth Potential
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-03-31/crunchyroll-shojo-anime-genre-has-strong-growth-potential/.184215

That business seminar is the reason why we are today having flood of villainess and shojo anime.






Yeah, and most examples of LN for women are fantasies about a handsome prince and a harem of bishonens. Excuse me, does the same plot get better or worse just because the MC has a different gender?


Yes because often those women are not overpowered as male protagonists are. They have to use their wits to survive. I'm not saying that these can't get stale. Of course these are basically as generic as male based stories. But I welcome them because before we didn't have them. We only had those overpowered male generic harem protagonists which I hate watching. Now we are going to have more variety. Not just isekais for males.
Sep 6, 2022 11:26 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
RavenWolf1 said:
RobertBobert said:


Yeah, and most examples of LN for women are fantasies about a handsome prince and a harem of bishonens. Excuse me, does the same plot get better or worse just because the MC has a different gender?


Yes because often those women are not overpowered as male protagonists are. They have to use their wits to survive. I'm not saying that these can't get stale. Of course these are basically as generic as male based stories. But I welcome them because before we didn't have them. We only had those overpowered male generic harem protagonists which I hate watching. Now we are going to have more variety. Not just isekais for males.


Are you now non-ironically trying to prove to me that stereotyped content for women is better than stereotyped content for men, because due to gender stereotypes there is an opposite power dynamic? And what do you think that content for guys is bad because it is not focused on you as a woman? Are you trolling me? You sound like some kind of gender bender parody of a typical incel weeb.

Nutella71 said:
RobertBobert said:


A remake of the Rose of Versailles by MAPPA? God, my heart can't handle the chaos this show will become. I can already see how people will argue that Oscar is trans or lesbian, or attack Andre because he is the main center of heterosexuality in the show.
Why do you immediately expect the most extreme niche of people to cause shit though? Like, are you looking forward to the apparent fights, attacks and chaos or what? And by that I mean the "arguing and attacking" part, not bantering or discussing about the same topics.


Because I see how even regular works are subject to it. For example, recently Nintendo had to publicly deny that a character from a new game is not non-binary just because she was a tomboy.
Sep 6, 2022 11:54 AM

Offline
Feb 2020
5743
It is "light novel", not "novel"
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE


Sep 6, 2022 12:10 PM

Offline
Jan 2016
414
Oops i saw monogatari and thought bakemonogatari got a new season, ill .......see myself out.





"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Sep 6, 2022 1:57 PM
Offline
Jan 2019
687
RobertBobert said:
RavenWolf1 said:


Yes because often those women are not overpowered as male protagonists are. They have to use their wits to survive. I'm not saying that these can't get stale. Of course these are basically as generic as male based stories. But I welcome them because before we didn't have them. We only had those overpowered male generic harem protagonists which I hate watching. Now we are going to have more variety. Not just isekais for males.


Are you now non-ironically trying to prove to me that stereotyped content for women is better than stereotyped content for men, because due to gender stereotypes there is an opposite power dynamic? And what do you think that content for guys is bad because it is not focused on you as a woman? Are you trolling me? You sound like some kind of gender bender parody of a typical incel weeb.

Nutella71 said:
Why do you immediately expect the most extreme niche of people to cause shit though? Like, are you looking forward to the apparent fights, attacks and chaos or what? And by that I mean the "arguing and attacking" part, not bantering or discussing about the same topics.


Because I see how even regular works are subject to it. For example, recently Nintendo had to publicly deny that a character from a new game is not non-binary just because she was a tomboy.
Subject to what exactly? A certain niche of people not liking xy thing about xy series and being a dick about it? That's not anything new or exclusive to series that could be called "progressive", no matter where in the world. I don't know, I don't bother myself with imagining or speculating reasons why some random show/game/book etc. might get potential backlash. If it happens, it happens. It usually won't spoil or affect my fun or thoughts.
Sep 6, 2022 2:01 PM
Offline
Sep 2021
69
ninka22 said:
I'm so happy, one more Shoujo LN getting an anime.
This is the first time we are getting so much Shoujo adaptations.
congratulations girls )

So far we have 17 confirmed Shoujo adaptations and 4 rumored ones waiting confirmation.

1. My Happy Marriage https://myanimelist.net/anime/51552/Watashi_no_Shiawase_na_Kekkon

2. The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion https://myanimelist.net/anime/52308/Kanojo_ga_Koushaku-tei_ni_Itta_Riyuu

3. Sugar Apple Fairy Tale https://myanimelist.net/anime/49980/Sugar_Apple_Fairy_Tale

4. Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts https://myanimelist.net/anime/46422/Niehime_to_Kemono_no_Ou

5. Princess of the Bibliophile https://myanimelist.net/anime/50923/Mushikaburi-hime

6. I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss https://myanimelist.net/anime/49979/Akuyaku_Reijou_nanode_Last_Boss_wo_Kattemimashita

7. Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte https://myanimelist.net/anime/50652/Tsundere_Akuyaku_Reijou_Liselotte_to_Jikkyou_no_Endou-kun_to_Kaisetsu_no_Kobayashi-san

8. Raven of the Inner Palace https://myanimelist.net/anime/50590/Koukyuu_no_Karasu

9. The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent 2 https://myanimelist.net/anime/51215/Seijo_no_Maryoku_wa_Bannou_Desu_2nd_Season

10. Tearmoon Empire

11. The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague https://myanimelist.net/anime/52173/Koori_Zokusei_Danshi_to_Cool_na_Douryou_Joshi

12. Murai's Love https://myanimelist.net/anime/52080/Murai_no_Koi

13. I'm Doing My Best to Make Myself at Home in Another World https://myanimelist.net/anime/52359/Isekai_de_Mofumofu_Nadenade_suru_Tame_ni_Ganbattemasu


Shoujo movies

14. Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon Cosmos https://myanimelist.net/anime/51716/Bishoujo_Senshi_Sailor_Moon_Cosmos_Movie

15. Country of Gold, Country of Water https://myanimelist.net/anime/52186/Kin_no_Kuni_Mizu_no_Kuni

16. Hamefura Movie https://myanimelist.net/anime/49842/Otome_Game_no_Hametsu_Flag_shika_Nai_Akuyaku_Reijou_ni_Tensei_shiteshimatta%E2%80%A6_Movie

17. Collar x Malice https://myanimelist.net/anime/39905/Collar_x_Malice


4 rumored Shoujo adaptations.

1. The Rose of Versailles remake by MAPPA ( should be confirmed this month.)

2. My Lv999 Love For Yamada-Kun

3. A Girl & Her Guard Dog

4. 7th Time Loop The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy!
It's good to see Shoujo's finally getting more attention again. A lot of these look really interesting so I'll definitely be checking them out.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai' Ends in Three Chapters

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

6 by MegamiRem »»
28 minutes ago

» Q1 2023 Anime & Manga Licenses [Update 2/8]

Snow - Dec 30, 2022

6 by Snow »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Feb 7

5 by ScooterBug »»
3 hours ago

» New 'Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan' TV Anime Reveals Additional Cast Pair, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Dec 17, 2022

32 by AzafuseKingTora »»
8 hours ago

» 'Biohazard: Death Island' CG Anime Movie Announced for Summer 2023

Vindstot - Feb 7

10 by Stardrake »»
9 hours ago