Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2022 2:38 AM

Jul 2021
I just finished watching this anime today. I went to it with no expectation. To my Suprise this anime was Good! 8/10!

Animation and Art syle - 8/10 Its Definitely above average and there are scene that looks really great!

The Premise is Unique, its like Bruce Almighty Anime Version.

I have read in this forum why so many people seems to dislike this anime Its seems it was Overhype and the creator of this anime said This is the saddest Anime and when it did not reach their expecation they hate it to so much.

Some said they hate the slapstick comedy, Well Gintana almost all of its Jokes is slapstick comedy, I dont see people complaining to it.

and lastly some say the ending seems rush, well it kinda a little rush but overall I think it got its job done so no complain in my part.

Overall if you are reading this and thinking of watching this anime Give it a Try, Its really Good!
Sep 6, 2022 3:17 AM
Aug 2021
the problem of this is that isn't sad, at all, because there is no character development, the characters are annoying, the anime is full of unnecesary things that could do some characters development, there is no comedy, rushed at the end Simply because the producer didn't know how to make the ppl feel sad so they some trash shit at the end, you can't feel emoticons in the characters, like they are empty. overall 4/10 but yeah, if you like romantic you could watch It, but there are Better shows
Sep 6, 2022 3:21 AM
Jan 2022
it's not good , I gave him 5/10
Sep 6, 2022 3:35 AM

May 2018
This anime is what I call "anime with high potential but ended with wrong execution"
Nanami Hiromachi  Anna Mochizuki 
Sep 6, 2022 4:36 AM
May 2020
I quite liked it as it was airing but since it’s just sort of fell into being fairly forgettable. I think it had a great start that it couldn’t necessarily maintain and I found the ending interesting but not much more than that. I think if we had more time to get to love the characters then it would have made the ending so much more impactful and memorable. I’d say it’s worth a watch but it’s nothing special.
Sep 6, 2022 5:03 AM

Jul 2021
Yamada_desu said:
Not hating your taste about anime, But you give The Way of the House Husband a 9! and that anime is just slide/power point presentation. The Day I Became God is Objectively better.
Sep 6, 2022 5:04 AM

May 2021
i gave The Anime a Chance it is still a 4/10 For me.
Sep 6, 2022 5:08 AM
Jan 2022
RjtheGreat14 said:
Yamada_desu said:
Not hating your taste about anime, But you give The Way of the House Husband a 9! and that anime is just slide/power point presentation. The Day I Became God is Objectively better.

You watched the way of the house husband???
Sep 6, 2022 5:09 AM

Jul 2021
soulguard said:
i gave The Anime a Chance it is still a 4/10 For me.
kinda sad to hear that, For me I did not find any real bad thing about it. Like I said the animation and art style is above average, The Premise is Unique/Interesting, the Comedy is subjective it did not make me laugh out loud, But it keep me from being bored.
Sep 6, 2022 5:14 AM

May 2021
RjtheGreat14 said:
Yamada_desu said:

Each person has a different taste.
And I also gave the anime an 8/10 because it is short but very entertaining and funny and also shows true scenes.

You really don't have to try to force your opinion on everyone....
Sep 6, 2022 5:17 AM

Jul 2015
It was a solid show. Not as good as other Madea's works, but still.
Why won't just write a review?

Sep 6, 2022 5:18 AM

Jul 2021
soulguard said:
RjtheGreat14 said:

And I also gave the anime an 8/10 because it is short but very entertaining and funny and also shows true scenes.

Again Not hating about your taste in anime, I am just questioning it. You Gave Redo a Healer a 9/10. and The Day I Became God only 4/10? I know they are diffrent genre but cmon.

Sep 6, 2022 5:19 AM

Jul 2021
Yamada_desu said:
RjtheGreat14 said:

You watched the way of the house husband???

I just watched 1 episode, when I seen the almost power point/slide show presentation, I dropped it.
Sep 6, 2022 5:55 AM
May 2020
This show is terrible, only reason I ddnt give it a 1 is because I didn't mind the last couple episodes.
Sep 6, 2022 5:58 AM

Dec 2020
The show's ending was just basically a remake of a classic anime scene in AIR without sufficient character development in its buildup. The last few episodes literally had me laughing because everything just didn't make sense at all.

For example, there was a sudden development of a romantic relationship between Hina and Youta when previously they acted like family towards each other. It became more ridiculous when you realised that Youta liked Izanami at first and the change in feelings just wasn't explained at all.

Maeda apparently wrote this in tribute of his previous works such as AIR and Clannad but I feel that this was kind of an insult to those classics? It's obvious that he has ran out of ideas sadly.

I would say the comedy in the first few episodes were okay but the ending was just dumpster fire.
firemint149Sep 6, 2022 6:02 AM
Sep 6, 2022 6:08 AM
Aug 2021
RjtheGreat14 said:
soulguard said:

Again Not hating about your taste in anime, I am just questioning it. You Gave Redo a Healer a 9/10. and The Day I Became God only 4/10? I know they are diffrent genre but cmon.

everyone have different tastes, you Say that you are not hating but still judge the taste of others? I could Say the same for you, you have bofuri in your fav, redo of healer is not even so bad, this user give It an 9/10, maybe too much but an 8/10 it's pretty understandable, and for the this anime(doesnt Remember the name) you should look It in a different way, there is romanticism where there shouldnt be, when there is doesnt make sense, character development that doesnt exist, the story pretty boring, no comedy, plot pretty promising but with this producer become bad, and many others, you can still like It but don't question the taste of others.
Sep 6, 2022 6:25 AM

Jul 2021
firemint149 said:
The show's ending was just basically a remake of a classic anime scene in AIR without sufficient character development in its buildup. The last few episodes literally had me laughing because everything just didn't make sense at all.

For example, there was a sudden development of a romantic relationship between Hina and Youta when previously they acted like family towards each other. It became more ridiculous when you realised that Youta liked Izanami at first and the change in feelings just wasn't explained at all.

Maeda apparently wrote this in tribute of his previous works such as AIR and Clannad but I feel that this was kind of an insult to those classics? It's obvious that he has ran out of ideas sadly.

I would say the comedy in the first few episodes were okay but the ending was just dumpster fire.

What do you mean the last episode does not make any sense? It clear state that Hina have a quantum computer in her brain that help her somehow to recover from her sickness and it also able her to have near ominiscent power. To be Honest since you said about clannad, Clannad Ending didn't make sense at all!!! From Being a True to life story about a single father raising a her daughter then suddenly it became steins gate??? If you need to watch a Youtube video just to undestand clannad ending that's just BAD! (This is not Darksouls level of story telling!)

I have to agree the romantic feelings of Youta and Hina is underdeveloped, But there are scenes in the anime hinted that Hina is Jealous when Youta is talking to her Crush.

The Day I Became God is not a Masterpiece, But I think it deserve more.

Sep 6, 2022 7:46 AM

Dec 2020
RjtheGreat14 said:
firemint149 said:

What do you mean the last episode does not make any sense? It clear state that Hina have a quantum computer in her brain that help her somehow to recover from her sickness and it also able her to have near ominiscent power. To be Honest since you said about clannad, Clannad Ending didn't make sense at all!!! From Being a True to life story about a single father raising a her daughter then suddenly it became steins gate??? If you need to watch a Youtube video just to undestand clannad ending that's just BAD! (This is not Darksouls level of story telling!)

I have to agree the romantic feelings of Youta and Hina is underdeveloped, But there are scenes in the anime hinted that Hina is Jealous when Youta is talking to her Crush.

Lol. Play the original galgame of Clannad before commenting on its ending. I am not going to explain it here. #19 explained it a little as well, there were also hints throughout the series.

And I don't agree that an anime that requires a Youtube video to understand its ending is necessarily bad, but that is to each their own. I have seen worse animes out there with an ending that is harder to understand than Clannad, and still sounds ridiculous/weak even with a Youtube video/Reddit post to explain it e.g. Glasslip, Mahou Sensou, etc. At least I felt that Clannad's ending was justified after having it explained to me.

Sure, the plot of having a quantum computer in Hina's brain might have worked with proper development of the plot through the 12 episodes. But instead, Maeda wasted like 7(?) episodes on his usual slapstick comedy without any actual major progression on the main plot. The sudden change of tone of the series (and the underdevelopment of Hina and Youta's romantic relationship) was what made this anime fail.

firemint149Sep 6, 2022 8:04 AM
Sep 6, 2022 8:14 AM
Aug 2021
firemint149 said:
RjtheGreat14 said:

Lol. Play the original galgame of Clannad before commenting on its ending. I am not going to explain it here. #19 explained it a little as well, there were also hints throughout the series.

And I don't agree that an anime that requires a Youtube video to understand its ending is necessarily bad, but that is to each their own. I have seen worse animes out there with an ending that is harder to understand than Clannad, and still sounds ridiculous/weak even with a Youtube video/Reddit post to explain it e.g. Glasslip, Mahou Sensou, etc. At least I felt that Clannad's ending was justified after having it explained to me.

Sure, the plot of having a quantum computer in Hina's brain might have worked with proper development of the plot through the 12 episodes. But instead, Maeda wasted like 7(?) episodes on his usual slapstick comedy without any actual major progression on the main plot. The sudden change of tone of the series (and the underdevelopment of Hina and Youta's romantic relationship) was what made this anime fail.

many times when there is a YouTube video that explain the ending many times make you love even more a series, depends on the series, the Only thing that you said that i didn't like was that you Need to plaid a galgame to understand more the ending, that is kinda bad to do but whatever.
Sep 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Dec 2020
SuntProstMare said:
firemint149 said:

many times when there is a YouTube video that explain the ending many times make you love even more a series, depends on the series, the Only thing that you said that i didn't like was that you Need to plaid a galgame to understand more the ending, that is kinda bad to do but whatever.

I might have sounded a little harsh there so apologies. But my point was that Clannad's anime ending was certainly not out of the blue as stated by the OP. So there's that. :)
Sep 6, 2022 8:53 AM
Jun 2020
RjtheGreat14 said:
I just finished watching this anime today. I went to it with no expectation. To my Suprise this anime was Good! 8/10!

Animation and Art syle - 8/10 Its Definitely above average and there are scene that looks really great!

I have read in this forum why so many people seems to dislike this anime Its seems it was Overhype and the creator of this anime said This is the saddest Anime and when it did not reach their expecation they hate it to so much.

Some said they hate the slapstick comedy, Well Gintana almost all of its Jokes is slapstick comedy, I dont see people complaining to it.

and lastly some say the ending seems rush, well it kinda a little rush but overall I think it got its job done so no complain in my part.

Overall if you are reading this and thinking of watching this anime Give it a Try, Its really Good!

I thought it was really good and I’m surprised by how many people don’t like it
Sep 6, 2022 10:05 AM
Aug 2021
firemint149 said:
SuntProstMare said:

I might have sounded a little harsh there so apologies. But my point was that Clannad's anime ending was certainly not out of the blue as stated by the OP. So there's that. :)

don't worry, I was more talking about how a Company did a galgame to finish an anime😅
Sep 6, 2022 10:38 AM

Dec 2020
SuntProstMare said:
firemint149 said:

don't worry, I was more talking about how a Company did a galgame to finish an anime😅

The galgame was the original work actually. But they are similar in terms of the ending and it shouldn't matter which one you choose as long as you understood it. (Except the anime did not show Ryou's true route actually)

firemint149Sep 6, 2022 10:41 AM
Sep 6, 2022 10:47 AM
Aug 2021
firemint149 said:
SuntProstMare said:

The galgame was the original work actually. But they are similar in terms of the ending and it shouldn't matter which one you choose as long as you understood it. (Except the anime did not show Ryou's true route actually)

Ah, Sorry I misunderstand, I didn't even know that It was a galgame in the First Place😅, now i understand why there are that orbs in the anime, thx for the info
Sep 6, 2022 10:54 AM
Jan 2021
honestly, i'd agree with most people saying that the show lacked character development. it also kinda felt like "oh here's the characters having fun for the first half. OH SHIT WE GOT A SHOW TO FINISH UHHHHHHHH...."
Sep 6, 2022 11:38 AM
Dec 2019
Just watch irodoku, same studio, similar art, better
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Sep 6, 2022 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Its okay at best but meh the art is good though
Sep 6, 2022 3:45 PM

Jul 2021
Soupisekaitrash said:

I already watched Iroduko, It was a bland anime just like its MC. It much better if her Grandmother Kohaku is the MC. and I dont get it why the MC need to time travel just to have friends and have a fun time with them? Can she not do it in her own timeline??? it not even that sad.
Sep 6, 2022 3:58 PM

Jul 2021
firemint149 said:
RjtheGreat14 said:

I did not play the Visual Novel of Clannad, I just watched the anime, and based on the anime its Ending really is ridiculous too. okay even we give the benefit of the doubt that clannad have given some justification in the steins gate ending by showing some scene of a girl and robot in a parallel world. Its still Bad, travelling from a parallel world and Time travel/Steins gate is 2 completly different thing! Steins gate dedicated atleast more than 10 episode to explain the logic of their time travel, here its just random scene of a girl and robot basically doing nothing and that justify the time travel???

Yeah I also know the ball of light thing that granted wishes and that justify the time travel?? For an anime such clannad especially the after story which focus its main theme about a grounded story of a single father suffering from the death of her wife and raising her daugther, then suddenly in the final episode it became steins gate is just ridiculous. I am rolling my eyes when I see that ending.

Why not the wish fullfilling magic ball just cure her daugther of her sickness, that's more believable than suddenly going steins gate at the last episode!!

why did you say that Youta getting access into the facility without getting caught for so many days is ridiculous?? The guy with the white hair who is good in hacking help him to create a fake identity, You can see this troupe in many movie and tv series its more realistic than the steins gate ending of clannad!
RjtheGreat14Sep 6, 2022 4:20 PM
Sep 6, 2022 4:18 PM
Dec 2021
RjtheGreat14 said:

It's an easy masterpiece for me
Sep 6, 2022 4:25 PM
May 2020
it was good but the ending ruined everything, shit anime
Sep 6, 2022 7:05 PM
Dec 2019
RjtheGreat14 said:
Soupisekaitrash said:

I already watched Iroduko, It was a bland anime just like its MC. It much better if her Grandmother Kohaku is the MC. and I dont get it why the MC need to time travel just to have friends and have a fun time with them? Can she not do it in her own timeline??? it not even that sad.

Ah, just watch the aquatope on white sand then :)
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Sep 7, 2022 12:34 AM

Dec 2020
RjtheGreat14 said:
firemint149 said:

I did not play the Visual Novel of Clannad, I just watched the anime, and based on the anime its Ending really is ridiculous too. okay even we give the benefit of the doubt that clannad have given some justification in the steins gate ending by showing some scene of a girl and robot in a parallel world. Its still Bad, travelling from a parallel world and Time travel/Steins gate is 2 completly different thing! Steins gate dedicated atleast more than 10 episode to explain the logic of their time travel, here its just random scene of a girl and robot basically doing nothing and that justify the time travel???

Yeah I also know the ball of light thing that granted wishes and that justify the time travel?? For an anime such clannad especially the after story which focus its main theme about a grounded story of a single father suffering from the death of her wife and raising her daugther, then suddenly in the final episode it became steins gate is just ridiculous. I am rolling my eyes when I see that ending.

Why not the wish fullfilling magic ball just cure her daugther of her sickness, that's more believable than suddenly going steins gate at the last episode!!

why did you say that Youta getting access into the facility without getting caught for so many days is ridiculous?? The guy with the white hair who is good in hacking help him to create a fake identity, You can see this troupe in many movie and tv series its more realistic than the steins gate ending of clannad!

I disagree with everything that you have said. But that is just a personal opinion so let's just agree to disagree. Bye.
Jun 28, 2023 7:37 AM

Feb 2021
Hina Sato made this entire anime unbearable. Even Makoto Itou and Malty S Melromarc are more likeable characters than her.
Jul 22, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2013
firemint149 said:

naruhodo
i just watch
Jul 31, 2023 3:34 AM

Dec 2017
firemint149 said:

Let's be brutally honest, AIR wasn't a very good show already. Why riff on it? Maeda peaked in CLANNAD.
Aug 3, 2023 2:26 PM
May 2013
RjtheGreat14 said:

My TL;DR is it had a very poor start with a heavy ending that would have been much better if they worked on the characterization and main plot much earlier instead of wasting so much time on randomness at the start. However it still hit me with a swirl of emotions of happiness, sadness and disappointment that stuck with me at the end so it was worth the watch.

7-8/10
Aug 16, 2023 2:55 PM

Feb 2021
Tbh, if I could rate this show zero I would.

The ending was pure second hand embarrassment for me.
Aug 22, 2023 2:51 AM

Dec 2020
anizawa89 said:
firemint149 said:

Let's be brutally honest, AIR wasn't a very good show already. Why riff on it? Maeda peaked in CLANNAD.

That's just your own personal opinion? I did not really rate it that highly either, but the objective fact out there is that it is a classic for many, especially in Japan.

The fact that Maeda even tried to pay tribute to it in this anime speaks volumes.

Dec 30, 2023 6:53 PM
Jun 2021
I'm not gonna lie, there were terrible things about this anime, but I enjoyed the comedy of the first half and the emotional payoff of the second. I'd rate it far higher than the normal trash I watch. Had the mc not been such a moron, I'd probably have given it a 10.

(I have not watched way of the househusband.)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

196 by euphoricoddball »»
Feb 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

304 by DELLspencer »»
Jan 7, 11:48 AM

» Why do people dislike this anime ? ( 1 2 )

kaiki_fan_boy - Dec 29, 2020

92 by HabteG »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

171 by ggultra2764 »»
Nov 21, 2023 11:26 AM

» Does anybody else really hate Hina?

BirbSMB - Jun 28, 2023

16 by kyuteillusion21 »»
Jul 1, 2023 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.