Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2010 6:22 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This one-shot was definately very hard to understand.
It was definately very bazar.
In fact, at first I hated it.
But now I feel I need to read it over and over again in order to recognize the beauty of this work of art.
May 29, 2010 11:44 AM

Jul 2008
Indeed this was one of the weirdest things I've ever read..
Aug 18, 2010 10:26 AM

Jan 2009
very interesting one-shot. one of the best I've read by far.

Aug 23, 2010 12:17 AM

May 2009
I have read this twice. The first time I didn't think much of it, it didn't really impress me. I only remember sympathizing for the girl and liking her view of the world.

The second time I read it, I still liked her way of living but what seemed silly to me was her complete change of personality after being changed physically. And the bear offered this ridiculous and pointless questions leading up to the oldest trick in the book, making it all a dream.

I'm thinking maybe changing the rating from six to lower. I am interested in other opinions though because there is a big chance I have missed what this manga was trying to convey. Maybe somebody who liked this can say why they liked it?
Nov 15, 2010 9:08 AM

Sep 2009
I loved it. I like art, and plot, and composition, and sensei in glasses too ^_^
Especially personages are good. Imho, all actions exactly fit the situation.
Mar 5, 2012 11:46 PM

Feb 2010
The 2nd last page was indeed scary because it's like the nightmare continues for her. It could be true that this was all a case of someone in coma and manage to conquer it by the will of living or it could just be a repetition of the first/alternate world, over and over, and the devil schemes teasingly with his A/B options.

Ambiguous nature of the story ace it for me. There was a quote on batoto, the same quote which was used for reference in Asano Inio's Nijigahara Holograph.

"Once upon a time I dreamed I was a butterfly,
fluttering hither and thither,
to all intents and purposes a butterfly.
I was conscious only of following my fancies as a butterfly,
and was unconscious of my individuality as a man.
Suddenly I woke, and there I lay, myself again.
Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man."
- Chuang Tzu
Oct 18, 2012 10:45 PM

Jul 2008
Well fuck. First time having any kind of ambition and she gets screwed over for it lol.
Jan 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
...I'm sorry, what?! It's been a very long time since I read such a contrived and convoluted mess.

Those imageries though :

Which sums the one-shot : the bear was pretty much fucking with her during the whole time.
3/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.