Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2022 5:26 AM

Jan 2009
Tsarko said:
deg said:

i agree but only slightly because to me when it comes to talent vs time then talent is more important in most cases especially if super animators are involved that can draw very fast to the point they can draw/animate entire episodes like some of this super animators

Yes, but those super skilled people don't just appear anywhere. No studio is the same. There is a reason why for example Bones' shows are usually super well produced while on the other hand studio like, idk, NAZ can only dream of ever achieving a quality of an average Bones anime. Even if you can somehow get those super skilled people to work on your project, at best they can only form the core of your team. You can have a director that draws greatest storyboards, character designer who makes the best designs, and main animator who draws super fast and super well. But they alone can't make a show. Their work alone won't amount to much as it otherwise would if you have production assistants who are unable to find capable animators and other subcontractors to meet director's vision or to actually finish an episode, planning department that botched the show's schedule, or messy internal organization where no one knows what they are actually doing. "Studio is just a building" and "Studio and studio alone is only thing that matters" are narratives that are both wrong. There is a lot more nuance to that topic.

fair enough dude maybe i will change my mind about this in time
Sep 6, 2022 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
NeelSenpai said:
SM_Anime said:

did you not read what I said? the same ppl that animated aot s1-3 are the same ppl that animated aot s4. it doesn't matter if wit gets more members, cos they would use those members for other anime. stop thinking that studio change means different ppl working on it, the main studios that actually have that are ufotable and Kyoto. Vinland saga will not change unless the ppl who were already working on it decide to change

no bro studio change defenetly matters if the same staff in aot S1,2, 3 and 4 also then levi vs titans fights would be same as op.... but levi fight with titans aren't 30% as good as previous season.... so stdio change defenetly matter in a large way......

https://animehunch.com/vinland-saga-director-shuhei-yabuta-says-studios-dont-influence-animes-quality/

Please read the above article. Studios don't influence the quality of a show. Said by the current Director of Vinland Saga, who was also the director of season 1.
Sep 7, 2022 12:26 AM

Nov 2021
V1P3R0P said:
NeelSenpai said:

no bro studio change defenetly matters if the same staff in aot S1,2, 3 and 4 also then levi vs titans fights would be same as op.... but levi fight with titans aren't 30% as good as previous season.... so stdio change defenetly matter in a large way......

https://animehunch.com/vinland-saga-director-shuhei-yabuta-says-studios-dont-influence-animes-quality/

Please read the above article. Studios don't influence the quality of a show. Said by the current Director of Vinland Saga, who was also the director of season 1.

I am aware about that statement but I do think studio change does matters because you can clearly see it at the levi vs titans moments in S4. .. ....
and in Vinland saga S2 trailer some character movements are bit off compared to S1..... do hope they fix these problems....q

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Sep 7, 2022 12:30 AM

Mar 2021
NeelSenpai said:
V1P3R0P said:

I am aware about that statement but I do think studio change does matters because you can clearly see it at the levi vs titans moments in S4. .. ....
and in Vinland saga S2 trailer some character movements are bit off compared to S1..... do hope they fix these problems....q

Attack on Titan faced a fight choreography downgrade due to major staff members replacing s1, 2 and 3 staffs. You dont see the same quality choreography in season 1 or 2 as well.
Sep 7, 2022 12:37 AM

Nov 2021
V1P3R0P said:
NeelSenpai said:

Attack on Titan faced a fight choreography downgrade due to major staff members replacing s1, 2 and 3 staffs. You dont see the same quality choreography in season 1 or 2 as well.

bro onece you told studio does't matter staff are the same then I pin point the problem then again you are saying saff changed(aot's majority staff are the same) .... are you kidding me think before type 😂

I loved eren's coat scen at the trailer but they changed that although I do like the one in anime also ..... whatever no one can compare the fluid animation of S1,S2 and S3 also I do know now aot where it is now 50% goes to the animation of wit and 20% Sawano's songs.
....... Peace out ✌️

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Sep 7, 2022 12:58 AM

Mar 2021
NeelSenpai said:
V1P3R0P said:

bro onece you told studio does't matter staff are the same then I pin point the problem then again you are saying saff changed(aot's majority staff are the same) .... are you kidding me think before type 😂

I loved eren's coat scen at the trailer but they changed that although I do like the one in anime also ..... whatever no one can compare the fluid animation of S1,S2 and S3 also I do know now aot where it is now 50% goes to the animation of wit and 20% Sawano's songs.
....... Peace out ✌️

I see, Ignorance definitely is a Bliss. Please consider checking the staff page of Shingeki No Kyojin:The Final Season atleast one time before telling me to think before I type.

You are not getting the point and it is clear when you put out this thread.

When a staff is good enough and no matter how many studio changes happen, if the staff is the same, then there won't be any difference in the quality of the show.

Studios are important for budget management, providing the necessary tools and means and also providing a quality environment for the staff to work at, with production support. I dont know why staffs changed in the final season of AoT, So I'm not concerned about that. Vinland Saga is going with the same main staff, Hence there will be no quality problem.

Now I dont know if you will understand this or not. I'm not concerned anymore. Because if you are stubborn enough to not accept these points and stick to your own arguments, Then I'm just wasting my time.
Sep 7, 2022 1:08 AM

Nov 2021
V1P3R0P said:
NeelSenpai said:

....... Peace out ✌️

I see, Ignorance definitely is a Bliss. Please consider checking the staff page of Shingeki No Kyojin:The Final Season atleast one time before telling me to think before I type.

You are not getting the point and it is clear when you put out this thread.

When a staff is good enough and no matter how many studio changes happen, if the staff is the same, then there won't be any difference in the quality of the show.

Studios are important for budget management, providing the necessary tools and means and also providing a quality environment for the staff to work at, with production support. I dont know why staffs changed in the final season of AoT, So I'm not concerned about that. Vinland Saga is going with the same main staff, Hence there will be no quality problem.

Now I dont know if you will understand this or not. I'm not concerned anymore. Because if you are stubborn enough to not accept these points and stick to your own arguments, Then I'm just wasting my time.

You see you are the stubborn one ok .....
check before you someone told the staffs are same and I checked out I saw most of the staffs seem same .....
so that's why I was saying that . . ... and if you noticed my privious chats you could see I never told that staffs are't important I only said studio does matters their work are more than the budget many more.....
studio does play a huge role on animation department....
you can clearly see the walking is bit off in Vinland saga S2 trailer.....

whatever I not gonna answer any of your upcoming comments because that's a waste of time.....
....... peace out .........

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Sep 11, 2022 12:51 AM

Jun 2019
Cloyee said:
I mean the staff is same so I don’t have any problem with studio change and I’ve seen somewhere that the staff is really passionate about the Vinland saga(don’t know the source) but we can see the quality of season 1 that much is enough to say that Vinland saga is really a passion project so my final thoughts are I don’t care about which studio is adapting the 2nd season as long as the staff is same and passionate about it still wit is the studio that choose this anime and made it such an amazing adaptation that is popular enough to have a 2nd season so I was bit of disappointed about the studio change when I heard that wit is not adapting the 2nd season.

Sorry but WIT is not the one who chose this project in the first place. Twin Engine is the one who decided the manga to be adapted into a series. So, WIT was one of their choices. Also, on top of that, the director, Shuhei Yabuta is one of the series' biggest fans. So, that's why he's that passionate about this series in the first place. When he found out about WIT dropping the series, he got worried that he's gonna lose the staff if the series wasn't picked by any other studio soon, in which response, MAPPA was the quickest one to do it and gave a green light to the project. Btw, he was planning to direct the series no matter what in any other studio as an employee of MAPPA but because they saw his passion for the project, they chose to help the series in their own studio.
Sep 11, 2022 12:59 AM

Jun 2019
V1P3R0P said:
AbelDande said:
Same staff so it doesn’t mayter
Shuhei work at MADBOX, a production company back in 2019 before moved to MAPPA in 2020. He was never a WIT employee and this is not the first anime he direct at MAPPA either.

thanks for the correction. If I'm not wrong, Wit and Madbox were partners or something.

well anyways....

Y'all should read this article. You guys are having wrong ideas about studios and quality of a show.

Madbox is a subsidiary studio of Madhouse that specializes in 3DCG and works for many productions involving with different studios like WIT, CW, Madhouse, etc.
Sep 11, 2022 2:23 PM

Jan 2021
I don't care, as long as i enjoy watching it.
Roxy

Sep 21, 2022 9:52 PM

Oct 2021
WIT Vinland saga adaptation wasn’t perfect and it had major flaws when it comes to Cgi . The ugly cgi soldiers always look jarring and out of place and they just use camera movements to cover it up which doesn’t even help .
after seeing the trailer compositing is improved in s2 and the cgi will be much better since Mappa showed best cgi usage till now even ufotable cgi doesn’t come close to Mappa’s cgi and the only plus for ufotable is their compositing not their cgi . Mugen train enmu cgi was awful.

S1 action scenes were saved by single arifumi imai sequence apart from that there was nothing special to talk about s1 action. Even if Wit made Vinland saga s2 it would be worse since arifumi imai already seems to work for OLM more nowadays rather than wit . Especially s1 looks good because of Yusuke takeda background art and Abiru character designs who are also working in s2 . Wit isn’t made up of pure cloth .I still think s2 going to better than s1
Oct 1, 2022 6:51 AM
Jan 2021
Season 1 was not really an amazing adaptation
Most episodes were very static with little to no movements,not to mention the godawful cgi and subpar storyboarding in most episodes
Yusuke Takeda saved the first season (Hashimoto's colour design work and Abiru's cds + his cad/ad work deserves an honourable mention)

But as we saw the majority loved season 1,and considered it an amazing adaption
as we know season 2 staff are same as season 1
the quality difference is going to be minimal,except like Atoferatofe mentioned cgi might actually be good if the inhouse Mappa team do the cgi.So if you had no problem with season 1 adaption then you're most likely going to love season 2 adaption

But but we're probably going to see people cherry-picking shots to prove how the second season is worse compared to the first just because the Mappa name attached to it now.
Oct 15, 2022 9:29 AM

Nov 2020
Kakasandy said:
Krazy124 said:
Idc about studio as long as the anime is good

Yeah but the anime wont be good if the studio is bad

But MAPPA isn't bad. It's one of the best studios rn. And Anime like Vinland Saga fit perfectly with a studio like MAPPA. I mean, Chainsaw Man, AoT S4, they kind of all give a similar vibe
Oct 17, 2022 8:53 AM

Oct 2020
I bet everyone has mentioned it but the team working on the second season is pretty much the same as s1, with that being said i dont think the studio matters that much considering both WIT and MAPPA are very good studios
Dec 15, 2022 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
The production quality will be on point I'm confident. It's the quality of the story telling I'm slightly concerned about.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Today, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

485 by carmansp »»
Apr 22, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

» About Ketil...

th3sleeper - Apr 20

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
Apr 20, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Do you consider Vinland Saga a masterpiece?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

19 by MillerEvans23 »»
Apr 17, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.