Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2022 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
Inachika seems like a surreal character, both for his role and reputation. I think this episode is kinda interesting to show what he's like in the current timeline.

Quite a lot of emotions this episode too and imo, one of my favorites recently.
Sep 2, 2022 11:59 AM
Sep 2015
I can't believe this episode is a flashback episode but it's not boring.
Sep 2, 2022 12:08 PM

Sep 2017
Woah all those 1/5s. For once I actually felt like they pretty much nailed the episode as much as their budget would allow.
Sep 2, 2022 12:19 PM
Jul 2022
5/10, inachika easily the new goat of the show right after hangetsu, shame I didn't even receive an emotional whiplash when he died thanks to this show's goofy ahh pacing
mfs were literally speedrunning that scene since they were running out of runtime and now we're left with a short video of an edgy old man getting hit in the face along with two kids crying and it suddenly becomes the funniest thing I've ever seen
Sep 2, 2022 12:28 PM

Jul 2017
A letter addressed to the Lizard Knight Amamiya, and it comes from the Swordfish Knight Inatika Akitani.

The one they call "Master" has had his fair share of adventures to earn his clairvoyance, such as with the kid Take whom survived from a samurai mass killing, taken under Inatika's tutelage, which proceeded with his many disciples. And then that leads to the various Beast Knights with Yukimachi and Subaru, which coincided with his omniscience of his band of disciples, and the somewhat hilarious reveal of the swordfish Zan on land which took him for a ride that eventually became the band of Knights before his 500-year expedition would come to an end from his death. And that's why this letter is very important to find and enunciate the questions in Amamiya's own heart.

The final test for both Yukimachi and Subaru: facing a golem, and not surprising that Inatika is trying to improve them on the battlefield which will become their future, which his time was cut short due to the golem attack. Nonetheless, these 2 girls have learnt the art of fighting, and Inatika can finally rest easy and depart to the afterlife, knowing that he has fulfilled his role.

The first of many battles is about to arrive: the Beast Knights vs. Animus with Hekatombaion. Reaching the halfway mark.
Sep 2, 2022 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
Easily the best episode so far. I'm not sure what it says about the show, though, that we're introduced to who is easily the most interesting and likable character so far...only after his death. Honestly I sorta wish him training the girls was the show's main premise.

Speaking of death though, I suppose I knew this before, probably when Shinonome so unceremoniously died with little impact, but one of this show's issues I hadn't really given much thought about before is that the golems, by nature of lacking personalities, really don't make for interesting antagonists. Instead the intrigue there comes only from our main characters secretly wanting to end the world, but even that feels muffled. The mage should be better in that regard, but he hasn't left too much of an impression yet, though he hasn't had much screen time admittedly. But will this Hekatombaion be the first interesting golem we get next week? I have my doubts. But we'll see...
Sep 2, 2022 12:55 PM

Feb 2019
I actually liked this episode and found the master’s story to be quite sad. Immortality seems like a blessing but it’s truly a curse watching everyone you love and care about die before you. I think he got the perfect resolution to his story after being able to impart his wisdom to his final students. Really nice moment. For sure the best ep.
Sep 2, 2022 12:59 PM
Oct 2016
Best episode of the show so far. Had me bawling my eyes out hearing the story of the swordfish knight Akitani Inatika. Took up most of the episode as a combo frame narrative combing Yuuhi reading the letter Akitami left for him and also Subaru telling Mikazuki about her master. Putting such a heavy spotlight on Akitani really made me care for him. Characters dealing with immortal or all knowing power having to struggle to be human always fascinates me in storytelling. Seeing someone lose everyone they care about simply by out living them. Akitani teaching all his students over the centuries, using his clairvoyance to see what would happen while honing his own power from this omniscience being. Knowing his fill five hundred year journey but still learning things along the way. Meeting Yuki and Subaru as his last apprentices. The goodbye between the three of them broke me, I cried so much. Akitani passing his last lesson onto them. A heartbreaking moment as Akitani saw the two running towards a future without him. Great character showing how well rounded the character writing is in this show even for someone only told through backstory.
Sep 2, 2022 1:27 PM

Feb 2019
wow 24 episode of this shit show god why cant i just drop it
Sep 2, 2022 2:32 PM

Jul 2020
I feel like literally every side character in this show is much better and more interesting than the main duo. The main characters didn't really have any screen time in this episode and look - it turned out quite entertaining
Sep 2, 2022 2:36 PM

Jun 2017
Inexplicable said:
I feel like literally every side character in this show is much better and more interesting than the main duo. The main characters didn't really have any screen time in this episode and look - it turned out quite entertaining

My exact thoughts too. Out of all the knights they had to make Yuuhi the MC. lol
Sep 2, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2021
Inexplicable said:

Not really. The MC(not the girl, her motivations are stupid) actually had a half-decent plotline and much more compelling development than the previous side characters except Shinonome. We finally have a somewhat better side character, or rather had.

Sep 2, 2022 6:10 PM

Aug 2021
I think this was the most faithful episode since the first one. I like Akitani's story a lot, but I think getting more of him would rob his story of its impact. Good just like it is.
Sep 2, 2022 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
Man what a cool and interesting side character that is way more interesting then the MC.

Too bad nothing that happened this episode matters. Too bad his overly complicated backstory doesn't matter.
Sep 2, 2022 8:14 PM
Jun 2022
Nice flash back. Didn’t skip ahead once.
Sep 2, 2022 9:36 PM
Mar 2015
Poor Swordfish night RIP
Sep 3, 2022 12:46 AM

Jun 2009
I liked the addition of this whole tree thing. Pretty cool idea.
Sep 3, 2022 2:38 AM

Oct 2010
excellent episode, Inatika is an outstanding man, they really nailed his backstory
for the record, that all knowledgeable being was basically the "akashic rcords"
Sep 3, 2022 9:09 AM

Jan 2020
Well, at least the Swordfish Knight won't be entirely off-screened -- Let's see.

"What about kneeling?" Lol, nah. I mean, that was a weird thing for Inatika to mention anyway.

Uh, was the implication that he buried all his student's bodies atop of one another, all around this tree? It just seems a little close together? A little serial killer-y/mass grave-y.

God dammit, lmao. I didn't expect Inatika to freak out, but I also didn't expect Zan-kun to just be floating in the air, or chillin' on his bed, lmao. I didn't necessarily assume he'd just be in water all the time, but I guess I also didn't know what to expect.

Overall a pretty interesting episode. I'm certainly disappointed Inatika and Zan-kun don't get to be fully involved.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 3, 2022 2:11 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like we're nearing what seems to be a final showdown.
Sep 3, 2022 5:27 PM

Mar 2018
animefan8800 said:
Easily the best episode so far. I'm not sure what it says about the show, though, that we're introduced to who is easily the most interesting and likable character so far...only after his death. Honestly I sorta wish him training the girls was the show's main premise.

Speaking of death though, I suppose I knew this before, probably when Shinonome so unceremoniously died with little impact, but one of this show's issues I hadn't really given much thought about before is that the golems, by nature of lacking personalities, really don't make for interesting antagonists. Instead the intrigue there comes only from our main characters secretly wanting to end the world, but even that feels muffled. The mage should be better in that regard, but he hasn't left too much of an impression yet, though he hasn't had much screen time admittedly. But will this Hekatombaion be the first interesting golem we get next week? I have my doubts. But we'll see...

The golems continuously become more "Complex" and one of them is my favorite character in the entire manga.
Sep 3, 2022 6:14 PM

Jan 2012
RobinLopez said:

The golems continuously become more "Complex" and one of them is my favorite character in the entire manga.

Really? Huh...well I'm intrigued.
Sep 4, 2022 3:46 AM
Apr 2022
BaronBrixius said:
Woah all those 1/5s. For once I actually felt like they pretty much nailed the episode as much as their budget would allow.

Agreed. Even though the animation is bad, they actually nailed it... the fights are mediocre in terms of animation, for sure.
Sep 4, 2022 4:33 PM
May 2016
Die with no regrets.
and a smile
Sep 5, 2022 1:05 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, I liked Akitani's story, he was so cool!

My Candies:

Sep 6, 2022 6:55 AM
Jul 2021
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man what a cool and interesting side character that is way more interesting then the MC.

Too bad nothing that happened this episode matters. Too bad his overly complicated backstory doesn't matter.

False. This backstory is part of the biggest payoff in the manga.
Sep 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Dec 2013
This was actually a really solid episode. I definitely enjoyed learning about the master and his origins. His reaction to seeing Zan's giant nose was funny.
Dec 27, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
Best episode so far where I quite liked Master with his swordfish companion, too bad he's already dead...

Mar 24, 2023 1:35 AM

Feb 2021
The fish is really big :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 29, 8:38 AM

Jan 2016
The main plot is kind of trash, but the sub-plots are decent. Last episodes was nice and this one's was really nice.
Even though he had knowledge and power associated with a monotheistic god, he was still human. He lived his life being a master (akin to father figure) to many people/children. The pact wish last episode with making sure her family dies smiling, and this one not using it because his wish was already being granted, was truly nice and wholesome. The grandpa wish threw me the hell off and the transmit skills wish threw me off too since went to trash MC.

Live your best life, be good to others.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 24 Discussion

Catalano - Dec 23, 2022

48 by LilyVarbik »»
Apr 1, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

19 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

20 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

14 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2022

13 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.