Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Even after that kiss with Ruka, it looks like it's Mizuhara taking the spotlight this episode.

At least Ruka got some more screen time and seems to be in a decent mood. Make up your mind Kazuya.
Sep 2, 2022 11:04 AM
Aug 2022
Nothing will happen this season
Sep 2, 2022 11:19 AM

Feb 2019
We WON LETS GOOO lmaooo bro was about to have a heart attack after a kiss at 20 years old smh.

Kazuya grandmother almost as stupid as him. Why would you give away a precious family heirloom this soon? Like dial it down a bit.

Continuing to lie to Chizuru grandmother about the relationship is wayyy worse than just being honest and telling the truth. Letting her die with a false sense of reality is extremely cruel and selfish. Could never be my best girl.
Marinate1016Sep 2, 2022 11:29 AM
Sep 2, 2022 11:31 AM

May 2020
God some damn thirst Ruka has, nevermind this horndog Kazuya I’m now totally convinced even she’s more or less on the same stage as far as we ranking the scums in this series.

They could’ve cleared the misunderstanding once and for all this time around, but of course they didn’t, as can’t have those infinite circlejerking moments this way.
Sep 2, 2022 11:36 AM
Jan 2021
bimpicho said:

you're right, nothing will happen for the hext 2 series after
Sep 2, 2022 11:40 AM
Aug 2022
Jgiffgaff10 said:
bimpicho said:

I was dissapointed when I saw nothing happening for the first 227 chapters of the manga, that's like 3 more seasons or 6 years
Sep 2, 2022 11:40 AM
Sep 2022
let’s be real, this show is becoming terrible with every episode that comes out. seeing these reviews of the ep10 makes me NOT want to watch the show :/
Sep 2, 2022 11:44 AM
Jan 2021
bimpicho said:
Jgiffgaff10 said:

I was dissapointed when I saw nothing happening for the first 227 chapters of the manga, that's like 3 more seasons or 6 years

Yup, i mean the mamga and series are pretty unpopular atm, i'd be suprised if it all got adapted
Sep 2, 2022 11:44 AM
Dec 2021
certified banger
Sep 2, 2022 11:49 AM

Dec 2020
This was one of the most episodes of kanokari ever like we got 3 seconds of sumi after the ed that was enough for me to think of it as the best episode of anime ive watched this week also reiji never fails with his writting since now except the typical romcom vibe we seem to be gettin into some dramatic rentin times.I cant wait for whats in sotre for us next 2 episodes. One thing is certain it will be epic.
Sep 2, 2022 11:58 AM
Jun 2022
for manga readers!!

now with only 2 episodes left and next episode seems to have with sumi-chan to do. it seems likely that THAT good arc, won't be adapted. Which is sad because it's a good arc and it would give pretty great character development IMO. So far this season nothing substantial has happened. What do yall think?
Sep 2, 2022 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
DAYUM GIRL Ruka, you're not just sharing your first kiss with the simp, you're overwhelming him with your irregular heartbeat problem.

Of course, this does not sit right with Kazuya, for the rental girlfriend has crossed that line, and then Kazuya's grandmother is another one to bring out her husband's engagement ring that's to be used on Mizuhara, another line crossed. Out of options, and out of wits, Kazuya's hand is forced thoroughly to admit a lie as the truth...and at the most unfortunate moment, Mizuhara's grandmother Sayuri collapsed in hospital.

But man, Grandma Sayuri is also another party popper just like same-aged elderlies, and everything out of conscience always makes it big for no apparent reason other than to say that they're alright. But the truth is that she doesn't have a long time to live, and it'd rather be better if the lie went through all the way until death for at least the reassurance of a relationship that's sufficed and half-legit. Even Kazuya's grandmother also knows of this, and time is of the essence.

Ruka's still trying to be the dominant girlfriend in Kazuya's life...and although all hope is lost, it's not, because best girl Sumi is coming back!
Sep 2, 2022 12:05 PM
Dec 2018
Still watching this garbage? Glad you could endure until now.
Sep 2, 2022 12:07 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Ruka kissed Kazuya...A LOT!
She doesn't want to lose to anyone.
And Nagomi gave Chizuru her engagement ring she owned!
Ruka is..not exactly happy as you would expect...
Kazuya tells Nagomi they can't accept it and is about to reveal everything to her!
But a phone call interrupts it!
Chizuru goes outside to take it and it seems urgent!
Her grandmother has lost consciousness!
When they enter the hospital room though, she is sitting up in her bed seeming fairly healthy xD.
Mizuhara is embarassed when Sayuri says she was looking forward to go to Kazuya's party lol.
And Chizuru is called into a room by the doctor.
She tells Kazuya her grandmother doesn't have much time left...
Kazuya is about to come clean to Sayuri but Chizuru stops her. She doesn't want to tell her as she has taken a liking to Kazuya and is worried Chizuru will be all alone when she is gone.
Nagomi tells Chizuru she knows Sayuri isn't doing too good and is just acting fine and tells Chizuru to keep the ring. She says she can pawn it if she needs money and there's no need to wear it if she doesn't want to.
Ruka has callen a truce with Chizuru for the time being and says she won't go on the offensive for a while...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 2, 2022 12:12 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Heat of the moment huh. Still even for Ruka that was a bold move. But man an engagement ring. Looks like the gran really see's Chizuru as wife material. If anything Chi Chan's gran's recovery had impeccable timing. Its unfortunate that the doc's news was bad. But in her last stages of her life at the very least she's able to spend quality some with Chi chan. At this point I do agree that telling her of the fake relationship would only make things worst and potentially be fatal as well. If anything this ep did end up introducing far more challenges for Chi chan and Kazuya despite their attempts to come clean with everything. Despite her rash actions its nice to see Ruka show some restraint at this trying times. Looks like we'll be seeing Sumi's comeback next ep. She's gonna have some steep odds thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2022 12:12 PM
Jan 2018
I'm so jealous. Compared to this my college days were so monotonous.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Sep 2, 2022 12:18 PM
Jul 2020
Is it true that the author of this mess is in love with his waifu Chizuru and doesn't want anyone else to get close to her?
Sep 2, 2022 12:18 PM
Oct 2016
Ruka is too pure for this show. Even with her forcibly kissing Kazuya she still only did that out of desperation after seeing Chizuru wow Kazuya family more than her. Ruka seeing she was losing ground against Chizuru tried a hail mary. I didn't like her doing that at first because it did seem so desperate but hearing her explanation at the end of the episode turned me around. Main thing I didn't like about this episode had to be the show building up Kazuya telling his family the truth when we all know it wasn't gonna happen. Seen this too many times in anime like this to believe this show of all shows would break the genre norms. In fact it pretty much doubles down on those norms way too much. This episode showed that by building it up twice and obviously nothing happening. I did like the introspection Kazuya had afterwards thinking how it sucks he can't help Chizuru when she's in pain. He has moments like that which are nice but other moments when he's dumb as shit like taking forever to spit out the truth at the table to his family.
Sep 2, 2022 12:23 PM
Aug 2022
BRROOO THAT KISS WAS FIREE
Sep 2, 2022 12:24 PM
Oct 2021
ruka such a bum biggest cock blocker of the 21st century
Sep 2, 2022 12:25 PM
Dec 2021
Giorgosman13 said:
This was one of the most episodes of kanokari ever like we got 3 seconds of sumi after the ed that was enough for me to think of it as the best episode of anime ive watched this week also reiji never fails with his writting since now except the typical romcom vibe we seem to be gettin into some dramatic rentin times.I cant wait for whats in sotre for us next 2 episodes. One thing is certain it will be epic.

totally agree! Ifeel so bad for Chizuru, btw very entertaining episode
Sep 2, 2022 12:32 PM
May 2021
average episode ngl just rate it highly for the memes
Sep 2, 2022 12:34 PM

Feb 2016
ep is meh, something interesting at start and the end, but the middle is plain. at end ruka claims for a truce, sho she is out of the show' focus for last eps, but at least sumi takes the lead and it wont turn into all about mizuhara show I hope.
bradleesargent said:
Is it true that the author of this mess is in love with his waifu Chizuru and doesn't want anyone else to get close to her?
if so he should have made own douji with her.
Sep 2, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
Well Ruka went in like there's no tomorrow, she even wanted to keep going but ofcourse Kazuya wanted to stop it.

At least there were some serious parts in this episode but the rest was like you always see.

Happy to see Sumi's return though in the next episode, Sumi needs more screen time.

I feel bad for Mizuhara's grandma though, she hasn't long left to live.

Kazuya was about to spill the beans but ofcourse he got cut off by an cellphone but it was an serious call so yeah.
Sep 2, 2022 1:13 PM
Jan 2019
The KISsS and intensity was good...
Sep 2, 2022 1:21 PM
Aug 2015
„Stopping taxis is the only thing you‘re good at“ lol.
Sep 2, 2022 1:35 PM
Jul 2015
If Kazuya was a more decent main character like in this episode, for sure I’d been an eager fan of this title, buying all manga, anime and merchandising available.
Sep 2, 2022 1:36 PM
Aug 2021
let's goooo next episode is SUMI EPISODE!!!
Sep 2, 2022 1:45 PM
May 2022
bimpicho said:

So your telling me this manga/anime will literally have no change in the characters until like the next 3 seasons…
Sep 2, 2022 1:52 PM

Sep 2020
Surprised that Chizuru didn't know what just happened with Kazuya and Ruka, seems like Sumi will appear in the next episode.
Sep 2, 2022 1:56 PM
Sep 2020
5/5, 3 minutes in and i came right her to this post, The studio went full out on that one
Sep 2, 2022 2:00 PM
May 2019
nothing is fucking going to work out ever.
Sep 2, 2022 2:01 PM
Sep 2020
hkk__ said:
let’s be real, this show is becoming terrible with every episode that comes out. seeing these reviews of the ep10 makes me NOT want to watch the show :/

What genre do you like?? This was honestly the hottest introduction episode to the series
Sep 2, 2022 2:02 PM
Sep 2022
Mack_Yeager said:
hkk__ said:

What genre do you like?? This was honestly the hottest introduction episode to the series

i’m into more of the romance/comedy genre. i’ve been watching this show because i am a chronic addict lol
Sep 2, 2022 2:04 PM
Apr 2022
hmm that was some 🔥 episode especially compared to the other ones ..
Sep 2, 2022 2:06 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So with only two episodes left, I'm assuming we are somewhere close to the START of the movie arc, but that it would have to wait for a season 3 for it to happen. Which is a shame, I was looking forward to seeing one of this series' few redeeming factors. That said, this episode wasn't that bad actually. We get Kazuya actually trying to set things straight and make things right with everyone and to put an end to the farce with him and Chizuru. And it looks like he would've actually gone through with it had it not been for Chizuru who actually wants to keep up this facade in the belief that it would keep her grandma happy in her last moments. Speaking of her grandma, it had to take someone's oncoming death, but it feels like something actually substantial is happening now.

Plus we of course get kissing action at the start that rival's even Engage Kiss's kisses. And at least Ruka understands the situation and claims to be standing down with her assault on Kazuya for the time being. Anyway, looks like it's a Sumi episode next week, so that movie arc definitely would have to wait for a season 3.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 2, 2022 2:16 PM

Sep 2020
Why was that kiss at the beginning so well-animated? 😦
Anyways I can see why manga readers have so much hate for this series and its a shame since I think that season 1 was a good introduction to the series based on its premise. But if its gonna make me have a mental breakdown occasionally then I don't think its worth following the manga at all if it gets much worse. Praise Sumi though for being innocent and not being involved in this mess and hopefully she'll stay in her character.
Sep 2, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2021
bimpicho said:

There are stuff happening, I don't get what you mean, are you watching the episodes or you are "watching it" with the screen pointing toward the wall?
Sep 2, 2022 2:19 PM

Jan 2021
bradleesargent said:

Yes, he is in love with Chizuru, as basically any weeb is with their waifu(s). The part of wanting no one to get close to her is completely false or at least I haven't seen anything related to that.
Sep 2, 2022 2:22 PM

Jan 2021
Jgiffgaff10 said:
bimpicho said:

Yup, i mean the mamga and series are pretty unpopular atm, i'd be suprised if it all got adapted

I don't know what you mean by the series being unpopular, one thing is being trash (which this is) and another thing is being unpopular. People still talk every week of the manga chapters everywhere I go either Facebook, Twitter, etc and it is also one of the most popular anime this season in MAL (you can even see it in MAL' main page) and pretty much everywhere else too.
Sep 2, 2022 2:23 PM
Jun 2021
maybe this was one of the best episodes so far, finally Kazuya seem to be more mature but Chizuru is starting to become selfish (she actually prefer to lie to her grandma till she dies, way more worse than telling her the truth).
Ruka is becoming too much impulsive but still she stopped to be that annoying as she was (I'm sorry to all the ruka simps)
Sep 2, 2022 2:28 PM
Sep 2020
Feke_G06 said:
maybe this was one of the best episodes so far, finally Kazuya seem to be more mature but Chizuru is starting to become selfish (she actually prefer to lie to her grandma till she dies, way more worse than telling her the truth).
Ruka is becoming too much impulsive but still she stopped to be that annoying as she was (I'm sorry to all the ruka simps)

Character development at its finest, that kiss scene at the beginning though
Sep 2, 2022 2:29 PM
Jun 2021
Mack_Yeager said:
Feke_G06 said:

Character development at its finest, that kiss scene at the beginning though

that kiss scene looked quite random even knowing how tenacious is Ruka-chan
Sep 2, 2022 2:37 PM
Jan 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
Jgiffgaff10 said:

I don't know what you mean by the series being unpopular, one thing is being trash (which this is) and another thing is being unpopular. People still talk every week of the manga chapters everywhere I go either Facebook, Twitter, etc and it is also one of the most popular anime this season in MAL (you can even see it in MAL' main page) and pretty much everywhere else too.

sorry I should have said Disliked
Sep 2, 2022 4:11 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What a way to open up an episode, Ruka went in so hard with that kiss, Kazuya’s mouth was not ready lol, interesting to hear it wasn’t that intense in the manga, that’s what I call an enhancing adaptation. Later, Kazuya almost manages to end the lie he and Mizuhara have kept up for so long, but it was interrupted by an emergency visit to Mizuhara’s grandma, to which we immediately see wasn’t that severe thankfully.

Of course that was short lived when we find out soon after that Mizuhara’s grandma doesn’t have long to live despite being her usual cheery self. After hearing that, Kazuya decides to take another stab at breaking the truth but Mizuhara herself stops him, and I honestly agree with her, it definitely isn’t a good time now, and that really was an excellent scene between the two of them there in the hospital. And lastly Ruka declares she’s gonna stop going so hard on her romance war with Mizuhara, but at the same time asks if kisses are free game lol, love that Ruka.

And looks like next episode is a Sumi episode, hell yes!
Sep 2, 2022 4:11 PM
Sep 2020
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! Ruka kissed Kazuya...A LOT!
She doesn't want to lose to anyone.
And Nagomi gave Chizuru her engagement ring she owned!
Ruka is..not exactly happy as you would expect...
Kazuya tells Nagomi they can't accept it and is about to reveal everything to her!
But a phone call interrupts it!
Chizuru goes outside to take it and it seems urgent!
Her grandmother has lost consciousness!
When they enter the hospital room though, she is sitting up in her bed seeming fairly healthy xD.
Mizuhara is embarassed when Sayuri says she was looking forward to go to Kazuya's party lol.
And Chizuru is called into a room by the doctor.
She tells Kazuya her grandmother doesn't have much time left...
Kazuya is about to come clean to Sayuri but Chizuru stops her. She doesn't want to tell her as she has taken a liking to Kazuya and is worried Chizuru will be all alone when she is gone.
Nagomi tells Chizuru she knows Sayuri isn't doing too good and is just acting fine and tells Chizuru to keep the ring. She says she can pawn it if she needs money and there's no need to wear it if she doesn't want to.
Ruka has callen a truce with Chizuru for the time being and says she won't go on the offensive for a while...

Looking forward to the next episode!
thanks for the summary ,i think the most memorable part will be that 60 fps 1080px scene at the beginning of the episode, watched it like a million times now
Sep 2, 2022 4:12 PM
May 2022
Beginning was cringe with the close-up kissing, but it ended pretty well
Sep 2, 2022 4:14 PM
Sep 2020
TheColonel76 said:
What a way to open up an episode, Ruka went in so hard with that kiss, Kazuya’s mouth was not ready lol, interesting to hear it wasn’t that intense in the manga, that’s what I call an enhancing adaptation. Later, Kazuya almost manages to end the lie he and Mizuhara have kept up for so long, but it was interrupted by an emergency visit to Mizuhara’s grandma, to which we immediately see wasn’t that severe thankfully.

Of course that was short lived when we find out soon after that Mizuhara’s grandma doesn’t have long to live despite being her usual cheery self. After hearing that, Kazuya decides to take another stab at breaking the truth but Mizuhara herself stops him, and I honestly agree with her, it definitely isn’t a good time now, and that really was an excellent scene between the two of them there in the hospital. And lastly Ruka declares she’s gonna stop going so hard on her romance war with Mizuhara, but at the same time asks if kisses are free game lol, love that Ruka.

And looks like next episode is a Sumi episode, hell yes!
some more screen time for sumi can't communicate, love to see some development from her and more interaction
Sep 2, 2022 4:17 PM
Sep 2020
Goatism said:
Beginning was cringe with the close-up kissing, but it ended pretty well
what was cringe about the kiss? it was natural and done well it is the exact sort of kiss that a girl irl who is in love will give to a boy they like, that kiss is realistic and not cringe
Sep 2, 2022 4:27 PM
Oct 2019
Love it every time. Ending really annoyed me this time though. I need the next episode now. I can't stand the waiting.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2022

256 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 1, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

140 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

154 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

134 by venbals »»
Mar 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2022

257 by LSSJGABRIEL21 »»
Jan 22, 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.