Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2022 11:24 AM

Nov 2008
Atavistic said:
If Rosemary has soot powers that allow her to ride scorches, couldn't she have used that to ride down or across the cliff and away from Shadows House? Surely with her powers and her desperation to leave so Maryrose isn't killed, she wouldn't just give up upon seeing the cliff and would try to think of some way to escape anyway: if the kids in Promised Neverland could escape in similar circumstances, surely Rosemary also could even if there was water at the bottom?

Glad to see somebody else have brought this up. I would imagine with a giant golem under her control, she could have not only cross that gorge behind the entrance but even climb over the walls surrounding the house. Unless it's explained further in the next episodes, which i doubt, such discrepancy leaves a bad taste.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Nov 8, 2022 6:41 PM

Oct 2016
Interesting episode, but they already revealed this twist earlier in the series.
Nov 10, 2022 12:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Maryrose has her ideas, but the way is not the correct!!! kekeke
Dec 1, 2022 5:29 AM

Feb 2021
So Maryrose is the head maid... How can I forget the names XD

And who's that in the coffin? Hmm..
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 8, 2022 10:14 PM
Jun 2019
Okay, the episode was good. Period. I don’t really have any complaints. We learned a bit more about the fusion process and after seeing a failed procedure at the end, it sounds excruciatingly painful. I was also surprised that the Shadow was also at risk. I thought only the human would be at risk; that’s fair. Anyway, good episode.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Feb 12, 2023 4:43 PM

Feb 2018
We got some sweet sweet Shadows House lore in this episode.. Also the fusion process looks absolutely horrifying T_T
May 7, 2023 6:50 PM

Oct 2022
So the fusion pretty much is what I expected, but I'm really curious now what drives it. Is it just instinct for the Shadows, or does it actually offer some advantage that's worth killing a person in their eyes? From the sound of it, adults have much more powerful abilities, so perhaps that's it?

May 20, 2023 4:12 AM

Dec 2020
Well I can't really see any good endings for Mary rose. Maybe fake her death.

But the fusion to become an "adult" is pretty gross. 1-2 weeks locked in a coffin. Meaning they are starving and dying of thirst inhaling the shadows soot kinda rotting and dying away while they combine.
Jul 10, 2023 1:21 PM

Dec 2022
This anime has been previously averse to graphic imagery and themes, so the failed fusion corpse at the end amazed me. The most visceral thing I've seen in this anime by a country mile.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 25, 2023 4:44 AM

Apr 2017
I'm assuming that shadows bind with humans because their shadow form eventually becomes too unstable, and the binding helps keep them stable as long as the human's body holds out. After that, I assume the shadows are separated from the human body and "recycled" (their memories are wiped, and they restart as children who are then put into another human body) until something happens that interrupts that process (either they fail to bind, or fail to be extracted). This would explain why some have memories or knowledge of the house, that they shouldn't have.

It's also possible that the more of these cycles a shadow goes through, the more unstable it becomes—either stronger or weaker.

Just spitballing based on the info we've seen so far.

I also don't get how Maryrose couldn't use a phantom to descend the cliff. Maybe she doesn't have fine enough control over it?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

69 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.