Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, the voice acting in this episode was on point, particular for that ghostly figure.

I love what they did with the investigation to make it feel more eerie and surreal. Meanwhile, the episode took on a mystery vibe as Kate and the others took on this mystery.
Aug 26, 2022 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Maryrose being the robe is one of those things that’s so obvious you start doubting yourself and eliminating her lol. But no shock there at all.

The special morphs reveal was probably the most interesting thing this entire season for me though. The fact there’s shadows who remember life before they began to mimic humans is really fascinating. What was it like? What made the shadows start doing it and what’s their endgame? Hopefully we learn more of that soon.
Marinate1016Aug 26, 2022 10:31 AM
Aug 26, 2022 10:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The confrontation between the hooded shadow and Kate was definitely good, I thought they would end it to make us wait before the ultimate revelation but they ended up with Maryrose's being revealed
Aug 26, 2022 10:34 AM

Mar 2019
no shit, already know from the ED.
Aug 26, 2022 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
The shy Margaret has the hots for Patrick, though his attention is affixed to Emilico, and all while this is happening, the Belle sisters got infected by the soot sickness caused by the scorches, with Kate constantly taking notes of who could be the liable culprit.

The next meeting of peers to share information, and though the mystery deepens, the process of elimination helps to tighten down the Shadows whose had a feud with others...well, except the happy-go-lucky John that is literally surprised to hear of the information they've been conversing all along. Master Robe can be anyone they deduced, though Kate needn't go far to know who's actually hiding their scents, and by the way that Emilico described him/her, it sounds as if it's from someone close.

The culprit is identified, and retracing the steps that he/she made to make this operation as succinctly private as possible, and Kate decided to play two at the game with Emilico, John and Shaun against Master Robe, which indeed she found her. The thing about Kate, like Master Robe, are being part of the special "Morph": they are the original Shadows mimicing humans and remembering everything that happened, and Shadows House is a house of kidnapped children awaiting manipulation from high above.

The disposition between Kate and Master Robe, which the former has done her extensive research, proves that the latter which turned out to be Maryrose, she's the entity that has been flushed in the background for most of the anime's runtime, though her real motive has only been fleshed now.

Interesting to see how Maryrose did a conduct on all of these being the character hiding all this time.
Aug 26, 2022 10:37 AM

Mar 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Maryrose being the robe is one of those things that’s so obvious you start doubting yourself and eliminating her lol.

This is true. But it would have been pretty unsatisfying if it had been somebody else. It would have felt contrived or forced just for the sake of a surprise, no matter how implausible. Cannot help but think it would have been less obvious if Maryrose did not have such a prominent role in the ED (and even the second season poster) despite a rather limited exposure in the show thus far.

Still, good episode.
Aug 26, 2022 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
Maryrose being the Robe Person is so obvious that it even puts the Detective Pikachu obvious twist to shame..

Otherwise, a damn good episode.. and John really asked the question i was wondering too XD!
ain't Kate a smartass!

Tho, they have thrown some terms as morph etc.. Looks like we will get a clear explaination in next episode..
Aug 26, 2022 10:46 AM
Sep 2015
From the way Kate talk with that female voice I kinda expect someone very very close to them, like Louise/Lou or Shirley/Rum.
Aug 26, 2022 11:06 AM

Dec 2015
Glad John is so loyal to Kate. I think she might've lost her cool even more if he wasn't there to back her up.

Only one truth prevails. The detective team finally finds out who it is. Looking forward to her motive and more details on her power. On another note, never paid this any attention before but the writing is just twisted up Japanese.
Aug 26, 2022 11:06 AM
Apr 2014
Just love the mystery vibe this anime gives. The art, music, characters, story, everything is so alluring. So happy I guessed right who Master Robe was and so looking forward to what's to happen next.
Aug 26, 2022 11:08 AM
Jan 2021
I feel like a genius because I thought that person in the robe can be Maryrose lmao and overall this episode was really good.
Aug 26, 2022 11:36 AM
Oct 2020
amazing anime!!!
Aug 26, 2022 11:39 AM
Dec 2021
I already knew it would be Maryrose. I’m more interested in why though.
Aug 26, 2022 12:09 PM
Oct 2020
They made it way too obvious that it was Maryrose so no one's really shocked that it was her.
Aug 26, 2022 1:00 PM
Feb 2021
Emilico being adorable as always
Aug 26, 2022 1:26 PM

Jul 2017
Finally the best part is coming
Aug 26, 2022 1:28 PM

Jul 2017
Rexnihilo said:
They made it way too obvious that it was Maryrose so no one's really shocked that it was her.

That's because they didn't show Maryrose in the first season, so they needed to give more attention to her in this second season
Aug 26, 2022 1:32 PM
Dec 2021
This was actually the best episode of the entire series at least for now. i haven't read the manga, and i don't know if I'm going to, but this episode was fire revealing that MaryRose is the "culprit", and although like many others we were suspecting that because of the ED, i think it was so epic that i don't care if it was obvious or not.

Maryrose is fire and i want to know the reasons now.
Aug 26, 2022 1:36 PM

Jun 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Maryrose being the robe is one of those things that’s so obvious you start doubting yourself and eliminating her lol. But no shock there at all.

The special morphs reveal was probably the most interesting thing this entire season for me though. The fact there’s shadows who remember life before they began to mimic humans is really fascinating. What was it like? What made the shadows start doing it and what’s their endgame? Hopefully we learn more of that soon.

It's really a pity that S2 cover art and the ending already spoiled it but I gotta say the execution was still really nice overall.
Aug 26, 2022 2:31 PM
Nov 2021
Um episódio com varias revelações e que botam os personagens na resolução do conflito, mostrando assim que o anime ainda é bem competente quando se trata de investigação até chegar ao ponto de resolver o mistério.
Aug 26, 2022 2:56 PM
May 2020
MegaAnimes said:
Um episódio com varias revelações e que botam os personagens na resolução do conflito, mostrando assim que o anime ainda é bem competente quando se trata de investigação até chegar ao ponto de resolver o mistério.

Concordo.A forma como a Kate chegou na conclusão de quem era o culpado foi muito boa,mesmo muitos já dizendo que era óbvio.
Aug 26, 2022 3:27 PM
Jun 2021
very god 15 letters
Aug 26, 2022 3:40 PM
Oct 2015
UkRs said:
Maryrose being the Robe Person is so obvious that it even puts the Detective Pikachu obvious twist to shame..

Otherwise, a damn good episode.. and John really asked the question i was wondering too XD!
ain't Kate a smartass!

Tho, they have thrown some terms as morph etc.. Looks like we will get a clear explaination in next episode..

that's why I believe in manga supremacy. Definitely felt more rewarding to see the reveal in that format.

Although like many others have said, if they just made her less prevalent in the S2 cover art and the ED, at least it would be have been a little tougher to discern. Still, I'm loving this adaptation so far!
Aug 26, 2022 3:42 PM

Mar 2021
Oh, and not for nothing:

What a happy-go-lucky guy.
He's like a storm, isn't he.

"Kate, show John the documents! He will give it serious thought!"
"Right, Emilico! Team Brawn is going to dig!"
"Have you been waiting here every night? That must have been grueling!"
"Kate, please say something in your defense! John cannot figure out what to say!"

John is a treasure. Almost everything he says in his goofy, over-the-top manner makes me smile. Never change, you sweet prince.
Aug 26, 2022 3:47 PM

Oct 2009
The real mystery: is John×Patrick a ship yet? Because they're kinda hilarious together. 🤣
Aug 26, 2022 4:10 PM
Dec 2021
I didn't expect that was the person they were searching for . totally un expected
Aug 26, 2022 5:08 PM

Sep 2020
Leaving aside the second visual key and the ED, the biggest implication of Maryrose's and Rosemary's plot was thrown in the viewers' faces during the rejoicing party in episode two.
Aug 26, 2022 5:43 PM
Jul 2015
Le dénouement de cet épisode. La découverte du coupable estr juste waouw
Aug 26, 2022 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
Best anime of the season say whaaat?
Aug 26, 2022 6:04 PM

Sep 2019
Goddamn, this is an underrated show. I immediately thought of Maryrose after Kate mentioned keeping her face clean. 5/5 episode.
Good thing I didn't pay attention to the poster and ED of the show so the suspense was even greater. I suppose it is one of the benefits of being oblivious.
GG-WPAug 26, 2022 6:11 PM
Aug 26, 2022 6:40 PM
Aug 2021
It was amazing! The tension in the end scene was perfect!!! (even if the revel was kinda expected)
Aug 26, 2022 7:20 PM

Jul 2016
Maryrose is the mysterious robe figure?
*sees ED and S2 cover art*
Yeah, totally not expected.

Still a pretty good episode tho. Really looking forward to hearing her motives.
Aug 26, 2022 7:51 PM

Jun 2021
Love John saying he will punch her if she hurts Kate any more.
Aug 26, 2022 8:11 PM

Nov 2021
what a plot twist!!!

Aug 26, 2022 9:40 PM

Dec 2012
Sucks that ED and poster kinda spoiled it for most, still, things are only getting started!!

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 26, 2022 9:54 PM

Dec 2021
Yeah, the cover was a really strange choice as it's so minimalist and in your face. I like the closing, but it also was a sub-optimal choice for a mystery. They probably should have included a much larger portion of the cast because initially most characters would be suspects.
Aug 27, 2022 12:07 AM
Apr 2021
Marinate1016 said:

Unfortunately the whole "Special Morphs" thing doesn't get fully focused on for a while, it wouldn't be until the 2nd half of a third season if they ever made one. But goddamn, would it be amazing, as it's imo the best arc of the series and probably the best place for them to end this show off without it feeling unsatisfactory
Aug 27, 2022 12:10 AM
Apr 2021
TheMaXIN said:
This was actually the best episode of the entire series at least for now. i haven't read the manga, and i don't know if I'm going to, but this episode was fire revealing that MaryRose is the "culprit", and although like many others we were suspecting that because of the ED, i think it was so epic that i don't care if it was obvious or not.

Maryrose is fire and i want to know the reasons now.

Highly recommend the manga if you really like the anime as it just continues to get better and better as you read on, never failing to blow your mind with how the story escalates and progresses
Aug 27, 2022 1:21 AM
Jun 2017
a very interesting episode.... and we are now discovering what shadow house is all about...
Aug 27, 2022 2:19 AM
Apr 2018
Im really enjoing the developements of the story and world so far and it feels like we are finally getting to the bottom of some of the mysteries of the shadows house. I cant wait to see what goes on next.
Aug 27, 2022 3:29 AM
Aug 2018
Avvenirista said:
Leaving aside the second visual key and the ED, the biggest implication of Maryrose's and Rosemary's plot was thrown in the viewers' faces during the rejoicing party in episode two.

What was the hint in episode 2 ?

Regarding the revelation, I'm not really fan of having Emilico saying "Oh, I noticed something but I didn't want to confuse you", when she actually had the best/only factual proof. In episode 3, 08:37 minutes, Rosemary had no soot on her face. I would have preferred if she realized it after the reveal, it would have make more sense (and it wasn't even needed in their "deduction by elimination").
Aug 27, 2022 3:51 AM
Feb 2019
Good focus on Kate in the conversation with Robe.
Aug 27, 2022 4:39 AM
Jun 2021
Rukodaime91 said:
Avvenirista said:

What was the hint in episode 2 ?

Rosemary had her eyes closed during the party proving that she is not affected by the coffee.
Aug 27, 2022 5:47 AM

Jul 2008
Finally it is moving.
Ya na in the afterlife
Aug 27, 2022 7:00 AM

Oct 2016
I don't think I get how they found her, and why would she help them found her but then start a fight with them? Guess we'll see on the next episode.
Aug 27, 2022 8:44 AM
Dec 2020
Revelation of Robe-sama is really good.
Aug 27, 2022 8:45 AM

Jun 2016
the puzzle and mystery now assemble and finally caught the culprit !!!

emilico the best and pure hearted !!!
Aug 27, 2022 9:51 AM
Oct 2020
Finally, the story get's acutally going
Aug 27, 2022 12:23 PM
Oct 2014
CALLED IT !!! omfg I friggin called it ! it was Maryrose. it was soo obvious from the start. soo many people thinking it was Christopher or someone else. like nah man I knew it was Maryrose. what a twist this episode was nothing but puzzle building and I loved it.
Aug 27, 2022 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
Well, I'm glad that Master Robe wasn't Christopher after all, but was in fact Maryrose this whole time. In hindsight, I should have wondered why she was so prominent in the ED, but I was so fixated on the Chekhov's Gun of Christopher's backstory that I was completely blindsided to any other possibility. I think I was less surprised by the reveal of Morphs being a thing and that Kate is one, as it does a lot to explain why she's always seemed to know more than she should about at least some of the secrets that season 1 built up to revealing.

I suppose the question now is: why is Maryrose, herself a Morph, doing this? By all accounts, her and Kate's goals very much align, so why all the antagonism towards her? Why try to bring down the one other Shadow (that we know of) who shares her knowledge of the truth about Living Dolls and Shadows?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

69 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.