Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 25, 2022 10:20 AM
Jan 2021
Do you like this type/genre of anime? If not that's why you didn't feel the same as other people felt about it. The same way there's lots of people of gives high praises to somewhat mediocre isekais, cus they like them.
Aug 25, 2022 10:36 AM

Apr 2022
lukyknhas said:
Do you like this type/genre of anime? If not that's why you didn't feel the same as other people felt about it. The same way there's lots of people of gives high praises to somewhat mediocre isekais, cus they like them.

What is the genre of violet evergarden. Idk but you can always guess what anime I like by checking my profile.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Aug 25, 2022 10:42 AM
Jan 2021
Usapz said:
lukyknhas said:

What is the genre of violet evergarden. Idk but you can always guess what anime I like by checking my profile.

Drama, romance, slice of life
Aug 25, 2022 10:47 AM

Apr 2022
lukyknhas said:
Usapz said:

Drama, romance, slice of life

I do like these three genre, maybe not my favorite ones. I just think Violet Evergarden isn't for me.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Aug 25, 2022 1:59 PM
Apr 2022
Yeah there's really nothing super unique it's just a bunch of art and some cliche story about a girl who is getting used to a new life it's mid ngl
Aug 25, 2022 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Usapz said:
Tebbdm said:

Its an acquired taste. It definitely is not for the typical shonen fan as they would not begin to understand.
The character development of violet is something you watch over the episodes. You see how she changes her view of self as just being a tool of war to how her letters affect other peoples lives. The animation, sounds and music were emmaculate, I've used the scenery for my wall paper many a times. I liked the Pacing as well, it wasn't another isekai or romcom which I skipped the opening off and ending off nor did I play it at 1.25/1.5x and fast forward when something I didn't like happened and finish 12 episodes in 3 hrs.
I listened to the silence, looked at the landscape and got engrossed in the moments of stillness.
I took my time and watched it over a week and then felt empty. I thought to myself, of course this is fiction, but it almost feels real, I pondered how did the people of old survive, after the wars, no ac, not much literacy, death from just a bout of pneumonia, wound sepsis was almost certain. and people survived, thrived and that is how we have come to enjoy life, peace, facilities. Many isekai/ the fantasy anime are set in these olden times, why didn't I think about these things then. Well that is atleast in my opinion the modern day entertainment. It is meant to be fast paced action with instant gratification as the OP beats another guy every episode with fan service every few minutes to seconds/ Superficial comedy designed to be consumed and not thought about later. Even the silences and the pauses gave me time to think about the internal dialogue of the characters and about things like this. This show I feel transcends even its medium as most medieval shows on TV don't evoke such thoughts. And that is why at least in my opinion the series is a 10 and definitely an acquired taste.
Note: The final movie was in my opinion a bit disappointing compared to the series.

Of course. Everyone think their own taste is ''acquired taste''.

Well I like a variety of things, I do watch trash anime as well, and many people have different tastes, I said acquired taste because it isn't something all people will perceive as the same. I'm not sure you understood what I meant at all. If you cant say something like, 'okay that is your opinion' as I've said multiple times in my post and just want to make fun of me and say acquired taste is my own taste then I'll just put my opinion of you bluntly as well and skip the long tedious explanations which you can't seem to understand or don't want to acknowledge.
You are just too young and have too little experience in life to understand the show beyond a superficial level.
Aug 25, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2021
It has both excellent writing and excellent art/animation. There you go.

Aug 25, 2022 3:33 PM

Aug 2020
Tebbdm said:
Usapz said:

Well I like a variety of things, I do watch trash anime as well, and many people have different tastes, I said acquired taste because it isn't something all people will perceive as the same. I'm not sure you understood what I meant at all. If you cant say something like, 'okay that is your opinion' as I've said multiple times in my post and just want to make fun of me and say acquired taste is my own taste then I'll just put my opinion of you bluntly as well and skip the long tedious explanations which you can't seem to understand or don't want to acknowledge.
You are just too young and have too little experience in life to understand the show beyond a superficial level.

You're talking about toilet evergarbage my guy it's not some profound philosophical work it's generic already-done sadbait just with high quality visuals there's barely any level to it that's not superficial
stop trying to gatekeep like the pseud you are
Aug 25, 2022 3:36 PM
Feb 2021
You just don't like slow-pacing tv shows/films. That's it.
I have similar situation whereas most dislike but I love. That anime is Fireworks(2017). I did enjoyed it. No idea why people are pissing about lol.
Aug 25, 2022 5:50 PM

Apr 2022
Tebbdm said:
Usapz said:

Yeah I think I misunderstood. I google translate the word so.
Aug 25, 2022 5:54 PM

Apr 2022
Alalagi_kun said:
You just don't like slow-pacing tv shows/films. That's it.
I have similar situation whereas most dislike but I love. That anime is Fireworks(2017). I did enjoyed it. No idea why people are pissing about lol.

Idk about fireworks, I just know that the opening theme has 500 millions views on ytb.
Aug 25, 2022 6:21 PM

Aug 2020
Its tear bait. If you didnt get emotional, theres just nothing there.
Keep scrolling
Aug 25, 2022 6:52 PM

Apr 2022
Frostwork said:
@Usapz Read the original novel instead:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/98930/Violet_Evergarden
You'll be surprised at how they even managed to screw up such a good source material and how little it has to do with anime adaptation.

I’ll try it i guess
Aug 25, 2022 9:10 PM
May 2022
well to be honest I would say its a masterpiece in DRAMA genre...

1) violet's character development
2)plot and scene setting
3) animation
4)sad stories
5)showed how deep meaning letters used carry during that time
6) although being an anime it's based on western culture and scenery and it's was a bit boring in starting episode but slowly slowly it began to get interesting.
7) It also gave us a good idea the how western people's daily life and way of living was at that time

so i would not recommend it for beginners but i will highly recommend it for veterinarian watcher or to people who like anime with DRAMA genre
Aug 25, 2022 9:12 PM
May 2022
Piromysl said:
Everything is subjective, but Violet is objectively the best written female character in all anime. Her growth over the series, finding her own place in new world, in this new predicament and basically re-learning how to be a human is truly a sight to behold.

Also, visuals are absolutely phenomenal.
And episode 10 is also probably the best singular episode in all anime.

i wouldn't say she is best written of all time but no doubt about it she will go down in history as one of the best written female character....
Aug 26, 2022 3:20 AM
Sep 2019
there is quite a time since i warched this show but, have a lot of positve points, like i am a fan of drama animes, everything related at this anime e incredibel, i cant describe a lot cuz i need to rewatch to say something deper than this, but i remember the fealings that i felt when i watched this anime

so for me is like a masterpiece
Aug 26, 2022 8:46 AM
Mar 2022
Where you asking yourself what is so good about the show the whole time?

~~Things I liked include:
The emotional thing of writting the letters, taking a snapshot representative of people's hearts they want to give someone else
true songs
They animated little gestures.
I could see what was coming in some episodes but Violet earnest struggles made me root for her clients.
People comparing violet to a doll because her outside is beautiful but she is mostly outwardly emotionless, and each new client makes it clear she has emotions, her own will.
I was thinking the whole time: Aah would be so good that people found a Violet or other way to make their messages, and even their Olivia, their Oscar, their Clara, their Ann.
And it is mutual, everyone violet meets makes violet's life better and the person's life better.
Aug 26, 2022 11:27 AM
Aug 2022
Usapz said:
It's my opinion, you have the right to don't agree.

I did enjoy violet evergarden, but I don't understand why people like this show this much. Maybe I just have really bad taste but I was bored 60% of the time and I didn't cry once.

Can someone tell me, what's so good about this show?

Same, I asked people to reccomend me an underrated show and i got Violet evergarden. The animation is so dope but i kept getting really bored and yeah animation did carry. The stories are pretty good but the pacing felt long and different so i was on the verge of sleeping half the time and I didn't cry either
Aug 26, 2022 11:29 AM
Aug 2022
Cestlavie_ said:
Deanomac2010 said:

hell yeh, i thought i was prepared..... damn i wasn't 🤯

we all weren't
I Loved how they played the ending song during that whole scene as well

I can't lie that scene had my eyes stinging
Aug 26, 2022 11:51 AM
Mar 2021
Usapz said:

I did enjoy violet evergarden, but I don't understand why people like this show this much. Maybe I just have really bad taste but I was bored 60% of the time and I didn't cry once.

Its not a show that gets you hype or excited. People either hate it or love it. If you relate to what violet is going through then you’ll appreciate it. Leaving her old life behind and trying to find purpose in her new one. Understanding what each person she encounters goes through and how it helps violet understand human emotion.

Lots of other small things but thats really it. Aside from beautiful animation and music
Aug 26, 2022 1:17 PM

Jul 2021
Great character development, emotional episodic short stories, something to say about the importance of communication and people knowing their own emotions.
And the visuals and music are also top tier.
Piromysl said:
And episode 10 is also probably the best singular episode in all anime.

But what about school days finale??
Aug 26, 2022 5:56 PM
Nov 2021
Usapz said:
santosh___15 said:
first did u watchin dub or sub it plays a major role u will exp a totally diff exp

I watched the anime in sub.

I dont know then bro i litrally cried with that mother writing letter scene its good
Aug 26, 2022 8:17 PM

May 2021
As someone who used to be a number 1 fan of this anime (even all of my profile is Violet Evergarden related), this is very understandable.

The reason why I loved it at the time was because I'm having a really hard time in life, hence why Violet Evergarden became more emotionally impactful. However I do realize that the writing wasn't that good anyway, plus the movie literally destroyed Violet's character journey through out the anime.

Aug 26, 2022 10:28 PM
Nov 2020
honestly, I feel the same way about it. my best friend recommended it to me that's why I had gave it a try. don't get me wrong, the story was beautiful. but I was absolutely bored for the most part of it and even finding myself falling asleep during the episodes. it just wasn't my cup of tea. I still ended up finishing it though. never cried once 🤷🏻‍♀️
Aug 27, 2022 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
Cestlavie_ said:
Deanomac2010 said:

hell yeh, i thought i was prepared..... damn i wasn't 🤯

we all weren't
I Loved how they played the ending song during that whole scene as well

This part made me bawl like a fucken baby dude
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 27, 2022 4:36 AM
Jan 2021
For me, I love the fact that it’s boring. Can’t exactly explain why but I love the show the way it is. Also the animation is stupid good
Aug 27, 2022 9:21 AM

Aug 2018
I was disappointed as well.
Aug 27, 2022 10:21 AM
Jan 2022
Usapz said:

Watch the movie and you will most likely cry.
Aug 27, 2022 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one already tired of such threads in the discussion of various popular shows?
Aug 27, 2022 3:04 PM
Feb 2022
Usapz said:

I'm sure people have answered your main question, but I'm gonna say taste it subjective. just like how you gave assassination classroom a 10 while i gave it a seven and i gave violet evergarden a 10 while you gave 7. if you don't live it then you're not missing out or anything.
Aug 27, 2022 5:49 PM

Apr 2022
spyroman said:
Usapz said:

Watch the movie and you will most likely cry.

I did watch it. Didn’t cry
Aug 28, 2022 1:17 AM
Apr 2021
Slice of life anime isn’t for everybody is that’s completely fine bro if it wasn’t your cup of tea I’d understand it’s just a girl who’s been in war her whole life trying to live a normal life and I could see if some ppl fine that to be a boring plot line🤷🏽‍♂️💯
Aug 28, 2022 1:51 AM
Aug 2021
It’s because the plot is too slow for some ppl so they find it underwhelming which is completely understandable
Aug 29, 2022 5:24 PM
Nov 2021
Build up into the story at first is slow and it gets boring AT FIRST but if you don’t like emotional dramatic thrillers, a good story, and character development then it’s not for you. Forcing yourself through a show is never a good idea, especially if it’s not your taste, you’ll just end up tainting your idea on that genre and show even more if you force it. Probably why at the end you felt so disappointed. So of course it’s hard to enjoy this show when you already have some twisted garbage preferences and priorities. Have to put yourself in the characters shoes for a second to understand.
Aug 30, 2022 7:14 AM
Sep 2021
When you actually try to immerse yourself into something, that is when you get to know/enjoy everything it has to offer. When I watched the first 3 episodes of this anime, I felt bored as well bc I was apathetic. 2 weeks later, continued it at a time in my life where I felt like ending my own life. This time, I took an empathetic approach towards it and trust me, everything about it made me want to live through the sad experiences even if it hurts. The soundtracks, the female protagonist, I fell in love with everything this anime had to offer! Attack on Titan and Violet Evergarden are my favourite animations of all time, true masterpieces in my opinion<3
Analia_SandilyaAug 30, 2022 7:21 AM
Sep 4, 2022 5:39 AM

Jul 2021
To be honest the animation and art style really carry the show! Most of the sad stories you have probably seen in some other anime, BUT episode 10 happen then it became really a great show. 8.5/10!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Apr 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.