Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2010 1:30 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Lelouch "resurrected" sort of :D
At first I didn't understand why was he shown a bit transparent, thought it was an error or something. And why the heck Nunnaly was pretending to be blind again..?
btw now we know when Lelouches birthday is.
Anyway this PD left more questions than answers, like when Lelouch is coming back in R3..? xD
mishanApr 28, 2010 1:40 AM
Apr 28, 2010 1:45 AM

Mar 2010
i dunno seems to me it was more like a goodbye or something ...but him(lulu), coming back for the next series/sequel like what you've said,there might be a possibility tho ...if not,they wouldnt have put Lelouch in this PD for nuthin right??huhu ^_^
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 28, 2010 2:51 AM

Nov 2007
This PD was...wierd. It seemed more like an Omake to me than anything else. I mean, the guys at school are seeing Lelouch's ghost, Nunnally pretends to be blind again and for God's sake, Suzaku is there at school when he has to pretend to be dead and can only exist as Zero from now on.

I don't consider this to be canon for the series honestly. It's just fanservice.

Apr 28, 2010 7:07 AM

Oct 2009
It's been a while since I saw Code Geass. Can someone please explain how this PD makes any sense (if it does) ?
Apr 28, 2010 8:36 AM

Mar 2009
Well, since ghosts doesn't exist in Code Geass, we could think that Lelouch transparent body was Geass ability trick.

So I guess this PD is for fanservice, to make fans think that Lelouch is still alive.

I wouldn't be very suprised if I see Lelouch in new season.
Some facts:
1. You're surfing myanimelist.net
2. You're reading comments
3. You're reading my signature
5. You didin't notice that there are no 4 punct
6. You just checked that
7. You're now smiling

Apr 28, 2010 10:06 AM

Dec 2009
... Lelouch IS ALIVE! for gods sake!
( Lelpouch killed Charles who had immortallity => Lelouch became immortall JUST LIKE C.C.! but he can't just show up after he made so many people hate him...)
...and yeah this is fanservice all the way since Nunnaly was acting blind like in the first season but knew of Rolo(who made his appearence in R2 and it's a person she never met ) >.> (illogical much?)
Apr 28, 2010 12:28 PM

Apr 2009
So, Lelouch is dead for real! I (and 1/3 of Code Geass fan base too q:) knew it
This PD was more for fan service...but since I love Code Geass I'll give it a 10 too.
Apr 28, 2010 1:10 PM

Oct 2009
alwaysbored said:
... Lelouch IS ALIVE! for gods sake!
( Lelpouch killed Charles who had immortallity => Lelouch became immortall JUST LIKE C.C.! but he can't just show up after he made so many people hate him...)

THIS.

Most people don't seem to understand this and think that Lelouch is dead. To them I say: You just spent your time watching 50+ episodes and it was all for NOTHING 'cause you didn't get what really happened. What a waste of your time.

And to those who say that the producers themselves said that Lelouch is dead, well in a way he IS, at least his IDENTITY as Lelouch is. He can't just keep calling himself "Lelouch" when the ENTIRE PLANET knows who that is, now can he ? So in that way, yes, he is dead. But not PHYSICALLY. He's IMMORTAL, for Pete's sake! He's hanging out with C.C. and stuff.
Apr 28, 2010 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
It's not a matter of not understanding, but of reaching a completely different conclusion. There's nothing preventing people from having their own interpretation about the ending of the show. Fighting over what is right or what is wrong is absolutely useless.

Personally, I don't believe in that theory myself and consider that the ending makes more sense without it.

Then again, this argument is like beating a dead horse, so I'll stop there. Make up your own minds and respect what others believe.

Speaking about this Picture Drama, it's simply meant to be for fun. Not really anything that should be taken seriously at all
Apr 28, 2010 1:59 PM

Oct 2009
I'm not really fighting about anything here. If I was, my tone would be a lot more rude. Indeed, people SHOULD believe whatever they want to believe. Not so long ago, people believed that the Earth was flat and that it was the center of the Universe and everyone was happy.
Apr 28, 2010 2:08 PM

Apr 2009
lol, ravid fanboy arguments^
Apr 28, 2010 2:51 PM

Apr 2009
Jaapsneep said:
Apr 28, 2010 2:57 PM

Oct 2009
Kingwel said:
Jaapsneep said:

Wait, wut?
Apr 28, 2010 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
... what happened to Kaguya?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2010 4:41 PM

Mar 2010
i think this was a goodbye tribute to lelouch...
Apr 29, 2010 1:05 AM

May 2008
A subbed version of the PD is out

and there's a quick translation of this:
http://community.livejournal.com/code_geass/1575407.html#cutid1
xxxholic_wingApr 29, 2010 1:09 AM
Apr 29, 2010 11:28 AM

Dec 2007
This was definitely just fanservice. ):
Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing. <3

Who the eff is the girl on the right?
Apr 29, 2010 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
Lelouch's dead, get over it.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 30, 2010 5:51 AM

May 2007
Nah.....the bitch is still alive and kicking.....I bet there will be hint about him being alive in the Code Geass Spin-Off series thats gonna come soon (Fall 2010 or 2011) is my bet. =)
May 1, 2010 2:54 AM

Jun 2008
xxxholic_wing said:

The sub version has only the last 5 minutes not the entire 27 minutes in it.
May 1, 2010 9:00 AM

Jan 2010
Araya said:
xxxholic_wing said:

Wait, what? 27 minutes PD? Where did you get that from?
This one is 5 mins...
May 1, 2010 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
May 1, 2010 8:12 PM
Nov 2007
mishan said:
Araya said:
xxxholic_wing said:

Wait, what? 27 minutes PD? Where did you get that from?
This one is 5 mins...

I scanned through the main video track and thought I was being clever by clipping out the last, predominantly animated, chunk as a preview. This was pretty dumb to begin with, and made far dumber by the fact that the whole thing then sat waiting for an editor for several days. The home-video extra, at 27 minutes, is now up.
May 2, 2010 2:57 AM

Jan 2010
Watched the whole thing (27 mins), makes kinda more sense than the 5 min goodbye part, but still fan-service imo.
May 2, 2010 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
mishan said:
Watched the whole thing (27 mins), makes kinda more sense than the 5 min goodbye part, but still fan-service imo.

yeah ...honestly i was quite dissapointed ...and i don't really understand at all about this whole 27 minutes PD,i mean i don't really get what are they trying to deliver to us ...hurmmmm =.=
Check out my channel!
Erzat
May 3, 2010 6:44 AM

Apr 2010
where can i find it with eng sub?
May 3, 2010 7:34 AM

Oct 2009
karimotek said:
where can i find it with eng sub?

tokyotosho.info
May 5, 2010 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
WhaT??! D: 27 MINS?! DDDD:

I have'nt seen this! D: *downloading just now*

I'll watch this now ^^ It's just for fanservice you know =)
May 9, 2010 3:39 AM

Mar 2009

+1
May 13, 2010 1:35 AM

Dec 2006
koteg-senpai said:

+1

LOL. Im betting she's the Tsar of Russia or Euro Universe.. We need to know her name!

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
May 13, 2010 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
drastikhate said:
koteg-senpai said:

+1

LOL. Im betting she's the Tsar of Russia or Euro Universe.. We need to know her name!

Maybe she is Milly and Rivalz's daughter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2010 1:58 PM

Jan 2010
nekonekogirl said:
drastikhate said:
koteg-senpai said:

+1

Did I miss something? Milly and Rivalz's? When did that happen...?
May 17, 2010 8:50 AM

Jul 2009
mishan said:
nekonekogirl said:
drastikhate said:
koteg-senpai said:

+1

Just kidding...

But seriously,the world ruled by 3 14-years-old girls?
I want my Lulu back.Now.
May 19, 2010 10:06 AM
Sep 2009
nekonekogirl said:
mishan said:
nekonekogirl said:
drastikhate said:
koteg-senpai said:

+1

Just kidding...

But seriously,the world ruled by 3 14-years-old girls?
I want my Lulu back.Now.

Well, there is britania princes ( nunnaly) the China one (the little girl i forgot the name xD) and the one with blue clothes that seems to be from europe, so she is problably the princess of europe :O ( my english is bad *u*)
May 20, 2010 7:56 AM

Mar 2010
Maybe the next upcoming Code Geass will tell more about our mysterious princess ^_^
shootdatpancakeMay 20, 2010 8:00 AM
Check out my channel!
Erzat
May 21, 2010 8:00 AM

Jul 2009
shootdatpancake said:
Maybe the next upcoming Code Geass will tell more about our mysterious princess ^_^

Code Geass - That girl sitting next to Tian-Zi.
I want to watch that anime XD
Jun 14, 2010 8:06 AM

Jul 2009
Sarah-Sama said:
oh i cried out like a bitch thanks to lelouch xD he always make me cry T.T

RIP ...... now i completely believe that he's dead!

While I was watching the drama, I was thinking about something...
Lelouch called C.C. a witch because she had the Code or because she REALLY was a witch?
Jul 12, 2010 10:40 PM

Jan 2010
nekonekogirl said:
Sarah-Sama said:

Lelouch called C.C. a witch because she had the Code or because she REALLY was a witch?

Yes, she has the code.
Which is why she is immortal.

I somehow think this is somebody dream.
Probably Nunnally Dream.
I mean seriously Terrorist still exist?
C.C disappear afterward? C.C didn't die and doubt about her dying (Why would she disappear along with Rolo and Shirley at the end)
In the end still confusing.
I don't see this how it proves that Lelouch is dead.
Oh well, but I still love this.

I've probably won't be surprise if all the otakus around the world gather together and went knocking the front door of Sunrise.
Jul 13, 2010 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
Matheine said:
nekonekogirl said:
Sarah-Sama said:

Yes, she has the code.
Which is why she is immortal.

I somehow think this is somebody dream.
Probably Nunnally Dream.
I mean seriously Terrorist still exist?
C.C disappear afterward? C.C didn't die and doubt about her dying (Why would she disappear along with Rolo and Shirley at the end)
In the end still confusing.
I don't see this how it proves that Lelouch is dead.
Oh well, but I still love this.

I've probably won't be surprise if all the otakus around the world gather together and went knocking the front door of Sunrise.

She didn't die. Nothing happened that could steal her Code, that means that she's alive but she disappeared because she was in the cart with *ahem* someone.
And in the final scenes of the last episodes of R2 Kallen still had the key to the Gawain, I don't know if that means that she is still fighting against the Brittanians (because after Lelouch's "death" the successor would be Nunnally and her perfect world) or that she just carries it as a memory.

And I think Nunnally didn't know C.C. or Rolo.

But yes, I want to go to Sunrise to ask them what the hell happened and if we will know someday what really happened with Lelouch.
Jul 14, 2010 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
Please read, I THINK that my opinion makes more sense!!!
I think that it's a dream everyone's dreaming. I know that everyone can't dream the same dream, but it is called ''Code Geass R2 Miraculous Birthday''. Because of a miracle, because it's Lelouch's birthday, because he means so much to everyone that everyone can dream about him at that special day. Everyone believes that he's dead so they probably because of that dreams about a farewell, happy farewell. [There's no other way would Suzaku, Rolo, Shirley be in their uniforms at school, and CC together with everyone] But this drama is fanservice to a mistery whether he is alive or not! So that everyone would want R3.[and look, there's new characters, like that princess...and R3 manga is airing] This drama is also a celebration to Lelouch's birthday. *Happy birthday Lelouch! You mean so much to us~* I think that Lelouch is alive, not because he got his immortality from his father but from CC, when he, Lelouch, died. Remember CC too become immortal when she was killed by tha nun who gave CC Geass's power. I want to bevlieve that he's not dead! And I hate Suzaku for not thanking him at the end of that drama, who the hell he think he is, Zero?! Hell yeah~ Okay, wrong topic... This was only my opinion, I want to go to Japan and knock at Sunrise's door to know the true meaning!!! But it make's sense.

Jul 14, 2010 3:21 PM

Sep 2009
Please read, I THINK that my opinion makes more sense!!!
I think that it's a dream everyone's dreaming. I know that everyone can't dream the same dream, but it is called ''Code Geass R2 Miraculous Birthday''. Because of a miracle, because it's Lelouch's birthday, because he means so much to everyone that everyone can dream about him at that special day. Everyone believes that he's dead so they probably because of that dreams about a farewell, happy farewell. [There's no other way would Suzaku, Rolo, Shirley be in their uniforms at school, and CC together with everyone] But this drama is fanservice to a mistery whether he is alive or not! So that everyone would want R3.[and look, there's new characters, like that princess...and R3 manga is airing] This drama is also a celebration to Lelouch's birthday. *Happy birthday Lelouch! You mean so much to us~* I think that Lelouch is alive, not because he got his immortality from his father but from CC, when he, Lelouch, died. Remember CC too become immortal when she was killed by tha nun who gave CC Geass's power. I want to bevlieve that he's not dead! And I hate Suzaku for not thanking him at the end of that drama, who the hell he think he is, Zero?! Hell yeah~ Okay, wrong topic... This was only my opinion, I want to go to Japan and knock at Sunrise's door to know the true meaning!!! But it make's sense.

Aug 26, 2010 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
anyone can post a stream/download link for subbed version?
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Sep 1, 2010 5:28 PM

Jan 2008
tthammy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmr7Svg4YjA&feature=related

I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Sep 25, 2010 4:56 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
That was a strange picture drama...

Oct 17, 2010 3:54 AM

Apr 2008
i just watch this

and also i comfirm lulu is realy dead~
Oct 27, 2010 10:59 PM

Sep 2010
I love this PD especially the Rolo/Nunnally moment where she asks him how he felt when Marianne (sp?) died. I also like what she said to Rolo at the end about how they would have been great friends since they both loved nii-san so much thats the only part that made be bawl the hardest Rolo/Nunally is the second best paring ever next to Rolo/Lelouch T_T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 30, 2010 12:43 AM
Sep 2010
I think Lelouch is alive afterall...

i'm not talking particularly abt this drama but the there's a minor detail in the ending of Code Geass R2...in first sight u might overlook it but see the ending more times..u might be able to figure it out..

it's related with the "paper crane" lying by C.C. side...nw think abt that...C.C dnt knw hw to make that...and lelouch always believed in his sister's words.."paper crane" can make ur wish come true...nw think abt all of that together and u have ur answer..
Jan 3, 2011 6:51 AM
Dec 2010
my opinion
1. everyone know that lelouch, lulu, CC and shirley are not suppose to be here any more but they're happy that they can see each other again so they act like nothing happen
2. after R2 ,nunnaly learn about what happened to his brother and know that lulu is act as lelouch brother so she also act like lulu is his brother too
3. about CC ,i dont think she is dead but this is miracle so it may be some kind of CC or lulouch or maybe god's power
4. only thing that not make sense is suzaku is back in school too ,or maybe he really come back to school again since everyone already know that suzaku is man in the mask in last R2 episode

edit - about nunnaly eye i think that she though this is a dream so she afraid to open her eye since she will not see lelouch

i think this PD is half fanservice and also sequel

and sorry for my bad english
LupangVirgoJan 3, 2011 6:55 AM
Feb 17, 2011 1:53 PM
Nov 2009
ok so lelouch is dead... made me almost cry in the last part of this PD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.