Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist (2009) Specials Episode 3 [Sensei Monogatari] Discussion

Jan 26, 2015 7:37 PM
:D

Love story of how a dead bear brought them together LOL
Ed's and Al's faces when they were told the story xD

May 4, 2015 2:52 AM

"You dropped your bear" xD
Love at first sight, what a great love story!

May 26, 2015 2:21 PM

Best first love ever. I don't think Ed and Al wanted to believe a single word Izumi told them about her love story, lol.

Jun 18, 2015 12:06 AM

I like these kind of specials that go into detail about the past that was mentioned in the anime. >_< Cute story! (Was confused when everyone was talking about the love story until I waited after the credits.

Jul 30, 2015 10:14 PM

Funny training sequence, but my favorite parts were Izumi finding out she picked the wrong brother, and Ed and Al's faces when Izumi finished telling her story

Aug 16, 2015 2:01 AM

Okay, I kinda' saw that coming ._.
But the love story of Izumi sensei was just awesome! Laughed my heart out, with how they finished it with a "Fin" xD
It was good :)

Oct 16, 2015 4:54 PM

hahaha poor Izumi, all that for nothing LOL

Mar 14, 2016 7:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Lol, Izumi got trolled there!

3/5

Jul 11, 2017 6:46 AM

Cool seeing Izumi's endurance battle on Mt. Briggs.
Lmfao at the end sequence, "I'm late, I'm late~"

Aug 8, 2017 7:22 AM
Nice to see Izumi's training, that ova was simply hilarious.

Chasing that rabit was also hilarious.

Nov 26, 2017 12:43 PM

This one shows us Izumi's training (the same Al and Ed took, by the way) when she was 18, which also explains that little conflict she had with Briggs' soldiers (so, instead of ignoring canon, it compliments it, wow)

Oh and it also tells us how she met Sig, her husband, pretty funny and great.

OVA 3 gets a 9/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki

Nov 27, 2017 11:40 AM
omg I never knew how much I needed an Izumi OVA until now!! This was so hilarious and it's nice to see how Izumi came about! :')

I've, of course, noticed Izumi in FMA: Brotherhood. She wasn't one of those characters I've dismissed but she wasn't one of those characters I was interested in seeing an OVA either but, after watching this, my mind just completely changed about her! She was a little more serious in the series so it's nice to see her be more childish in this one! Even Mustang who always has a serious look on his face has his childish moments, which is always great to watch! xD

I had a feeling this Steiner character was a "fake" somehow and I'm not exactly right or wrong because it's not THE Steiner she was looking for but he's still a Steiner but I think it's fate that she met him instead bc it led her to being able to teach Ed and Al the purpose of "One is all and all is one." (PLUS WE GET TO FIND OUT HOW IZUMI AND SIG MET WHICH WAS KINDA CLICHE BUT STILL SUPER CUTE!!)

My favorite lines in this OVA:
"I'm still a virgin." That line literally made me laugh out loud! I feel like it was at the right moment too!
"The truth of alchemy is, one is all and all is one." idk why but that line alone is just so deep and meaningful that the first time I've heard it in FMA: Brotherhood, I just went :O the entire time!

Overall, 5/5! Great episode...as always. ;) Onto the last OVA! *cries* but I've heard the last one is Mustang's so I'm excited about that! :)

Oct 17, 2018 10:37 PM
Stories to tell the children, How I Met Your Sensei.

Feb 24, 4:34 PM

I didn't expect that kind of episode, but I really liked it! I was curious how Izumi's training looked like while she had to survive 1 month in the north. Plus we saw how Izumi and Sig met. ;p

Jun 3, 9:50 AM

Izumi wasn't always the fierce battle-hardened housewife she usually is and that grueling 1 month of surviving in Briggs' harsh winter landscape nearly did her in but the straw that broke the camel's back turned out to be Steiner revealing that he wasn't the guy she was looking for the whole time. The whole thing's awesome and hilarious!

Her first encounter with Sig was just too adorable and their unbreakable bond starting over a dropped bear was too much for me lmaooo

Pages (2) « 1 [2]