Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2010 8:44 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wonder how this will be resolved. What will happen to Lux after all the conflict is over?
Oct 29, 2010 10:37 AM
Sep 2009
Ichise's refusal to go aboveground seems to be the first time (at least that I can remember) that he has asserted his own will.
Feb 12, 2011 4:40 AM

Apr 2009
I had the feeling that Kano was that kid that Oonishi had given his legs to when he was young since I somehow remembered that boy's hairstyle. >_<

Is Toyama going postal now or what?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 11, 2012 3:12 AM

Jun 2010
Whoa... Toyama just slaughtered them. Probably on Kano's orders. I wonder if the state of things up top is just as bad as down below.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2013 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
So it was Kano who received Onishi's legs. Very interesting development.

May 26, 2013 5:00 AM
Aug 2011
How the hell did Ichise and Doc find the train to above ground?
Jun 5, 2013 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
The hug scene was great. Liked this episode.
Jun 13, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
great episode. loved the hug scene too
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています
Aug 30, 2013 5:06 PM
May 2012
Looks like I won't be getting any sleep I need to finish this series now.
Oct 4, 2013 5:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Mother's death was kind of disturbing.

I loved the scene/music with Shinji in the bike and Onishi in his car driving through the desert. Very cinematic stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 9, 2013 1:43 AM

Nov 2009
So . . . Now we get to see the "above-ground"? I really thought that was where the class lived, so a little confused . . . Anyways, curious where this is all leading to.
Apr 11, 2014 9:34 PM

Nov 2013
That Tomaya will do anything to get what he wants... first he bangs his dad and now he slaughters those three old women. I'm not sure exactly what he expected to get from killing them though. Hopefully it'll be cleared up in the next episode.

One thing I admire about this series is the consistency of its atmosphere. It never breaks the dismal mood with comedy relief or anything.
Apr 15, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet episode, let's see what will happen next!
Apr 18, 2014 2:39 PM
Dec 2011
Glad I stuck with this. Something interesting is finally happening (or not). I'll just see how it goes.
Jun 15, 2014 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
More and more things starting to fall into place.
In the last couple episodes, I decided to bump this show up from 6/10 to 8/10 possibly. Depends on how it ends.
Jul 7, 2014 5:01 PM

Apr 2013
Really like the contrast between Doc's view of texhnolyzation with the Class's.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 5, 2015 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
Its cool how Shinji and Onishi met up at that place without coordinating that and they both knew they had to go there.

Jan 24, 2015 10:39 PM

May 2011
-Tien- said:
One thing I admire about this series is the consistency of its atmosphere. It never breaks the dismal mood with comedy relief or anything.
This. This has been the reason why this anime has been so addictive and entertaining since its first episode, despite several clichés and mundane plot scenarios throughout its 18 episodes so far.

Once again, an expected outcome from a dystopia technocratic city-state plot. To fuel its unbecoming situation, a boring two-dimensional antagonist (again). In a sense, Yoshii was better, at least in his modus operandi and attitude towards the three puppets of the Class. Nevertheless, still a 5/5 for the strong reference to Brave New World here and there, especially the fact further re-emphasised that death is not as scary as it appears; no one has a family, thus having no particular ties and bonds to mourn over. Lux itself is an embodiment of hopelessness, and it has been reiterated several times over the course of the series. Now I would like to see Konaka's touch on the 'surface world' in contrast to Lux and Gabe, something which I have always want to see for long.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 6, 2015 5:46 PM

Dec 2011
-Tien- said:

We need more anime like these nowadays.
Feb 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
-Tien- said:
Jun 10, 2015 10:45 AM
Nov 2014
Another amazing episode, the atmosphere of this series is just something else.
Aug 2, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
Great ep.

shizuokai said:
-Tien- said:

We need more anime like these nowadays.

That's right.
Nov 15, 2015 5:25 PM

Feb 2010
The settings are so quick to change, sometimes it's confusing just to assert what and where they are at...

Aug 23, 2016 3:09 AM

Sep 2014
Everyone is dying, what a massacre... I still don't quite understand how Ichise managed to become respected so much by everyone. For now I can just assume that it was a random chain of events and accidents that led to the current situation.

I'm glad they are finally tying the story back to Yoshii. He was such a great character for the first 9 episodes and seemed to have so much impact in starting the whole debacle in Lux. In the following 9 episodes however, he seemed to be almost irrelevant, which didn't make much sense. Having Yoshii's old friend as a guide will hopefully clear things up about Yoshii and his role in the bigger picture.
Aug 31, 2016 11:19 AM

May 2010
Oonishi got guts of steel man. Even the sphere couldn't kill him, he jumped out right before. I guess he landed his texhnolyzed leg first which prevented him from getting injured.
So Shinji ultimately ended up joining teams with Oonishi, nice.

Kano is such trash, I don't like him.
And the 3 moms are dead... Where is this going
And ye, I'm wondering what changes Yoshii brought in the grand scale 'cause he seems pretty irrelevant so far.
TragicRomanceAug 31, 2016 11:24 AM
Feb 25, 2017 10:06 PM

Aug 2007
I wouldn't necessarily say Yoshii was irrelevant, considering he was responsible for pitting the three factions together...

Nonetheless, I was wondering if Onishi's sacrifice was really for Kano all along.

Mar 18, 2017 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
I wonder how exactly Kano was driven insane by Onishi's original legs.

It's also interesting how weak the bodies of the Shapes are. Especially since their life support bag is out in the open like that. Add that to the implication that these bodies have a shorter expiration date, and it seems like Kano didn't really design them to last. They are all merely his playthings after all.

I'm so excited to see what's on the surface!
Jan 14, 2018 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
Wait, so Kano was the son of his grandmother? That's probably why he was born with bad legs.
Jan 25, 2019 1:51 PM

May 2013
RediceRyan said:
The hug scene was great. Liked this episode.

I was coming here to say this! It was one of my favorite scenes of the series :)

Miragee said:
I still don't quite understand how Ichise managed to become respected so much by everyone. For now I can just assume that it was a random chain of events and accidents that led to the current situation.

Mostly i think cuse he saved the big boss guy of the Organo, by carrying him on his back. He was sorta in trouble before and technically quite an underling still until the shapes showed up. But he's OP so he saved a lot of ppl real quick and i guess now they respect him lol also he's just like one of the only ppl left alive.

Avenger-senpai said:
Wait, so Kano was the son of his grandmother? That's probably why he was born with bad legs.

Something like that, they made those weird headless mother bodies which were technically Kano's mother, making them his grandmother somehow. Not entirely sure i got exactly how that works though lol
落下のように、いつも落ちる。いつか救われることができるのかな? または落ち続けるでしょうか?永遠に
May 27, 2019 7:20 AM

Jul 2016
They are going to the surface to warn the people above about Kano's plans... hmmmmm... interesting
Sep 21, 2019 3:43 PM

Jul 2016
Kano throwing his blade down onto Haruhiko as "Blade and Sentimentality" starts to play is the GOAT scene.
Apr 16, 2020 3:33 AM

Jun 2015
Does anyone know the name of the soundtrack that played when Shinji and Onishi were driving through the desert?
Fortune favours the bold!

Dec 15, 2020 6:39 AM
Mar 2020
MondayBlues said:
The settings are so quick to change, sometimes it's confusing just to assert what and where they are at...

Completely agree, especially when Ichise and Doc see Ran and the next moment they are in the train station
Apr 19, 2021 7:30 PM

Mar 2010
Weird to see the world build be torn apart and all thats left is despair.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 2021 12:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kano's plans are clear and he has to be stopped, but it's a shame that Toyama is working for him now and killed the three elders with his sword.
I wonder how Ran's reunion on the obelisk will turn out.
Sep 14, 2021 4:50 AM

Mar 2018
Tien said:

#1 reason I've stuck with this show, the atmosphere is so addictive and has kept me pulled in. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have dropped this show.

That last scene tho....this show has me screaming 'what the fuck?!' late at night, so good, this show has been absolutely insane since EP.15
Dec 30, 2021 7:40 PM

Feb 2021
I honestly expected this revelation from Toyama. He said he joined the Organo to learn more about himself, and it's not surprising for him to move on from that to continue the search for self. He contrasts Ichise this way despite sharing many similarities I think. I could say that with a lot of characters from this show, though Ran's importance has always been a mystery to me even now
CrackMay 17, 2022 12:22 PM
Jan 12, 2023 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
I expected Toyama to have gone and killed his father, the revelation was weird. What does Kano expect to gain by killing the grannies?

I guess that Shinji and Oonishi will face Kano, with Oonishi dying and giving Shinji the chance to live and succeed him in his own fashion. People mentioned that suited Ichise looked like a young Oonishi, but I think that Shinji has always fitted the image much better.
Mar 7, 2023 1:57 AM

Dec 2022
The doctor is a bit much, with her constant and clingy desperation for Ichise. I agree with her outlook and views on things, including the tech she uses, but her personality is too needy.

Toyama's mental crossroads were already hinted at many times earlier, no surprise to see him becoming similar to how Ichise was in the first half of the series.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 15, 2023 6:39 PM
Aug 2023
very cool to finally see the surface. i hate the class. sad bastards.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tounoyaboys - Jul 1, 2008

323 by AMfromtheWORLD »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.