New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2022 4:42 PM

Aug 2021
He tryna make judgements about people through their anime favs 😭💀
Signature gone
Aug 19, 2022 4:47 PM
Oct 2017
so youre basically saying 'i didn't understand anything from this show and im salty that you guys did understand it while i didn't'

and please don't speak on bad pacing when you have a mf code geass profile pic, that show is the literal definition of bad pacing
Aug 19, 2022 4:57 PM
Mar 2021
This is not a complex anime lol. Complex anime are stuff like eve, texhnolyze, legend of the galactic hero’s, serial experiments lain, perfect blue, sonny boy, berserk, ext

Confusing plot does not equal complexity
And regardless it isn’t even confusing lol
Aug 19, 2022 5:01 PM
May 2021
nah, u don't gotta be smart to understand steins;gate and it's time travel concepts, it's really not that hard to follow as long as you pay attention, so that argument about people only saying they like steins;gate only to look smart is automatically dogshit
Aug 19, 2022 5:07 PM

Feb 2020
Damn how did you know I have Steins Gate at number 1 because it makes me look smarter. I thought I had a full proof plan that was just foiled by this one thread. This is impossible now I will have to add my true favorite anime that make me look stupid like Toradora and Bunny Girl Senpai. Might as well add best girls with peak character design like Yui Yuigahama and Mai Sakurajima.
Aug 19, 2022 5:29 PM
Dec 2020
I also think it’s worth mentioning that Steins Gate was released in 2009 and adapted as an Anime in 2011, a nice approach on time travel and the sci-fi genre especially for that time too, since then it still seems applicable and you see other anime adapting that topic, imo I think what makes it stand out is it’s timelessness, pretty ironic in itself but that’s one way I view it, lol
Aug 19, 2022 5:29 PM
Jul 2021
kizumi91 said:
Animation and design are subpar, generic character troupes
> Said from the one who have Toradora on their fav list.

you forgot akame ga mid🗿
Aug 19, 2022 5:37 PM
May 2022
I hate it when people say that when someone likes something popular they’re just trying to fit in or “look smart”. Steins;Gate is my favourite series; I don’t care about any ‘complexities’ and don’t preach my view as an objective truth, but I found that the show connected with me on an emotional level in a way that very few others have been able to do. I’m pretty sure the majority of people who love it like I do love it for similar reasons, not because the time travel stuff is ‘genius’, ‘thematically deep’, or even particularly difficult to understand, but because the evocative story resonates with them.
Aug 19, 2022 5:37 PM

Mar 2020
Won't you ever get tired of these threads? Don't want it to have such high rating? Cry about it that's all you can do about it.
Aug 19, 2022 5:38 PM
Feb 2021
Very often, regardless of the topic/subject, people tend to hate things that they don't understand. While you may get a few who will agree just to fit in, it's more likely than not that people will reject it rather than accept it. At least that's what I have observed over time, but I still wouldn't feel like that is necessarily enough for me to draw conclusions from.

So with that said, you're overally reasoning here is somewhat of a logical fallacy, not only because you're making the assumption people that think they need to be smart to enjoy it but that also most people will say that they enjoy something just because it's seen as smart.
Aug 19, 2022 6:01 PM
Feb 2022
This is nowhere overrated. The reason why it is that good in my opinion is: It its details and how well written the whole story is. Yes, it has some boring episodes (the side character ones) I give u that, but just the whole time travel premise, the first few episodes, the turning point and especially ending are so fuckin well adapted. Even after rewatching it, I noticed some small little details that I missed from my first watch.
Also the anime was for the time it was released revolutionary, way ahead of its time. In my opinion it’s a master work, and one of my favorite shows, top 5 for sure.
When someone asks me about my favorite shows I always mention Steins Gate.
Y0ungGAug 19, 2022 6:15 PM
Aug 19, 2022 6:08 PM

Jun 2016
What does liking this anime even have to do with being smart. I'm pretty sure people living under a rock can understand what time travel is.
Aug 19, 2022 6:20 PM
Mar 2022
No. It was the first anime I watched and it blew me away. I loved it and the characters so damn much
Aug 19, 2022 6:22 PM
Jul 2021
I think they say they like steins;gate because they like it
Aug 19, 2022 6:28 PM
Vanship Pilot

Aug 2018
People are always trying to pick apart and overanalyze this show, which is fine, but once you get to the point where you're asking "do people only like this show for clout?" you should maybe stop and think, perhaps people just like the show, simple as?
Aug 19, 2022 6:29 PM
Jul 2022
Steins Gate es GOD nada más que decir
Aug 19, 2022 6:29 PM
Aug 19, 2022 6:33 PM
Jul 2022
Ill echo the sentiment that Steins;Gate isnt all that complex or smart or anything.

Its strengths are in completely different areas.

Personally, I enjoyed it so much since it provided a unique experience with characters that stuck with me, and it did so at a level that few shows have matched. Very, very obviously that is based on personal preference and opinion. I might even eventually get around to watching Steins;Gate 0.

Im really not sure about the claim that "most people IRL wont say its their favorite." My experience has been different.
Aug 19, 2022 6:37 PM
Oct 2021
CickNipolla said:
certifiedbinger said:
Anyone with some basic knowledge of the concepts of time travel and timelines can figure out what goes on in the show. It is not very hard to get.
That basically goes against your entire argument.

except that there is no such thing as "basic knowledge " of the concept of time travel. as time travel is made up lol

time travel isn’t made up, it’s been theorized and proven in the enstein’s relativity, especially ( and mostly time travel in the future, it’s true that from what i know it’s only possible in the future and not the past ) but warping of spacetime itself due to gravitation and relative velocity isn’t science fiction
Aug 19, 2022 7:12 PM
Aug 2021
Every single one of the stupid people who says steins gate is over rated or not good is absolutely an idiot and doesn't smart enough to understand what is the definition of a good anime!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 19, 2022 7:15 PM
Dec 2021
Xokanashimi said:
CickNipolla said:
I cant really see why else Steins;Gate would be so popular on this forum yet so unpopular in the normal world. Most people you talk to arent going to say Steins;Gate is one of their favs, yet on this site its in the top 5. Im starting to think its more about people wanting to make their taste in anime look better by saying they liked the complex time travel anime.

Its animation and character design are subpar, its first half is extremely poorly paced, and the show uses extremely generic character tropes.

A complex anime =/= automatic masterpiece.

No way the person with Bunnygirl Senpai and Akame Ga Kill! Favorited is talking about Steins;Gate

no way you care.......
@animeispeace
Aug 19, 2022 7:15 PM
Aug 2021
I think it's great, just not top 5. I've heard before that people believe that u need a higher intellect to enjoy Steins;Gate, but I haven't heard anything of the sorts. But, if people like that that exist, then I have yet to find them
Aug 19, 2022 7:50 PM
Jun 2021
Even a kid can understand Steins;Gate if he puts his mind on it, despite you say that it is complex? The main reason I love Steins;Gate is due its characters, plot and its pacing, not because of its complexity.
Aug 19, 2022 7:51 PM

Feb 2021
Argonant said:
Its pacing and the characters are the main reason it's among my favourites in the first place. I don't think you know what qualifies as good pacing or you just want instant gratification. I can say with full confidence that the time travel working is not the primary reason most people like it. It's just a plot device.

It isn't the type of anime that is carried by animation or physical character design. It's about character conflicts. Tropes or not, their conflicts feel natural.

You clearly view shows through a different lens which is ok.

To answer your question, it's just a type of genre that isn't popular among general audiences. MAL users are anime fans.

This, completely agree with what you said.
Aug 19, 2022 7:51 PM
May 2022
Its unpopular in the real world?! lol. no one knows steins gate besides the people in the anime community
Aug 19, 2022 7:58 PM

Feb 2021
Lot of people just have a misunderstanding of what makes this show great. Time travel is not even the best part of it. The characters and their stories are what makes this anime good.

Coming to the reason why it's not popular in the "real" world. You're probably just not looking in the right place I guess? Many people love Steins;Gate, be it the show or the visual novel. Now as to why it isn't often talked about is because it doesn't have a conventional genre. People mostly tend to talk about superheroes and action adventure stories. Sci-fi is usually not the talk of the crowd unless it's brought up.
Aug 19, 2022 8:07 PM
Nov 2018
No it’s just that it’s not one of those shows you talk about much everyone just agrees that it’s good and it’s not like more episodes are coming out or theirs some big fight scene to get excited about
Aug 19, 2022 8:12 PM

May 2020
oataoa said:
CickNipolla said:

except that there is no such thing as "basic knowledge " of the concept of time travel. as time travel is made up lol

time travel isn’t made up, it’s been theorized and proven in the enstein’s relativity, especially ( and mostly time travel in the future, it’s true that from what i know it’s only possible in the future and not the past ) but warping of spacetime itself due to gravitation and relative velocity isn’t science fiction

time travel is not possible. relativity is not time travel, as you are not going back or forwards in time relative to where u were.
Aug 19, 2022 9:05 PM

Jun 2021
I personally like time travel related stuff, there are two well executed of those stories on my favs: Steins:Gate and Vivy, that's my personal reason. Idk how liking either of them actually makes you smart tho anyone can understand Steins:Gate if they think a bit...if it was Netflix's Dark then there might be a point.
Aug 19, 2022 9:15 PM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
I cant really see why else Steins;Gate would be so popular on this forum yet so unpopular in the normal world. Most people you talk to arent going to say Steins;Gate is one of their favs, yet on this site its in the top 5. Im starting to think its more about people wanting to make their taste in anime look better by saying they liked the complex time travel anime.

Its animation and character design are subpar, its first half is extremely poorly paced, and the show uses extremely generic character tropes.

by assuming your Favorite it's understandable why you made this thread i.e u just can't understand complex anime but Stein's Gate is not that complex it's easy to understand....
below avg IQ....
Aug 19, 2022 9:24 PM
Feb 2018
Jay_Burson-510 said:
CickNipolla said:

a 12 year old cant solve multiplication but they damn sure can understand the plot of world lines guys

Pretty sure you're underestimating 12 year olds here. Either that or I'm overestimating the capabilities of tweens. Regardless, the commenter was using 12 years old as an exaggeration to his point.

nah bro I started watching anime with 12 and hella this guy is saying dumb stuff I understood a lot back then XDDDD and when a kid is INVESTED in a series game or something he IIIIS INVESTED so a kid loving sg would understand everything XD
Aug 19, 2022 9:26 PM

May 2020
El_Professor07 said:
CickNipolla said:

by assuming your Favorite it's understandable why you made this thread i.e u just can't understand complex anime but Stein's Gate is not that complex it's easy to understand....
below avg IQ....

but evangelion, the anime known for being the most complex of them all is, is right there
Aug 19, 2022 9:37 PM
Feb 2022
Jontayy said:
No 😅 I’m dumb as hell and love stines hate

I feel the same bro xd
Is Chainsaw Man overrated or just overhyped? 
Aug 19, 2022 10:24 PM
Jul 2022
CickNipolla said:

Well I disagree it's not about looking cool or anything but rather I think the story of steins gate makes it a masterpiece
it is a sci-fi anime but it contains romance with sad ending (as in S1)
also looking at the mc while he fail at saving even a single person even when he has the power to go back in time and all is also quite amusing
Also not to mention the plot of series is amazing
To say all of this in short I feel rather connected to this show as I can relate that even when I have so much of time to do things and the potential to achieve anything most of the people including me are rather average or failures
Anyways about the real world idk much as I don't have many anime friends irl so you may be right about that..
Anyways the ones I have are fans of steins gate even in irl
Aug 19, 2022 10:34 PM
Nov 2016
Steins;Gate is my favorite anime but it's not because is complex, on the contrary, Steins;Gate is very basic and easy to follow but it does things right. I'm a time travel genre fan and I wanted to see some good time travel stuff in animes, almost everything I've seen related to time travel in anime is shit, Steins;Gate is the only one that managed to impress me and goddamn, I bonded a lot with this anime.

Not everything is perfect in Stenis;Gate though, it has a slow beginning IMHO, I considered the 1st half a 7/10 at best, the reason I love Steins;Gate is thanks to the 2nd half (episode 13 and up) which made Steins;Gate a dark, mature, serious and emotional as hell anime. Steins;Gate wasn't fucking around in episode 13 and up, shit got serious and it was extremely emotional, Steins;Gate is the only anime that managed to make me cry in a couple of episodes in a row and I'm a sucker to emotional moments, those are the things I enjoy the most in an anime and Steins;Gate did the emotional moments perfectly and thanks to this, I managed to bond with the anime and now it's my favorite anime.

I also liked how this anime didn't have a "main villain" like plenty of the other crappy, cliche animes out there, in Steins;Gate the real "main villain" was something you can't even see, you were fighting against convergence, against fate, against the world, etc... I loved this since it was different than the rest of the other bullshit animes that has crappy main villains.

So in other words, I disagree with everything you mentioned OP since I don't like Steins;Gate for the reasons you mentioned, the real reason I freaking love Steins;Gate so damn much is because I bonded with this anime thanks to the emotional moments which made me cry like a little bitch and on top of that, it has a good time travel story too which helped and has likable characters as well, I do dislike Daru's voice in Japanese though, he sounds like a retard, Daru's voice is so much better in the English dub IMHO.

BTW, I can't understand how FMAB is rated #1 either, IMHO that anime is a piece of crap so meh, I don't trust the ratings in MAL, the rating is mostly shit.
Aug 19, 2022 10:43 PM
Nov 2021
to tell the truth , i personally really liked it,but maybe it is a bit overrated
Aug 19, 2022 11:01 PM
Jun 2022
FLAME-FURY said:
Steins gate is good but it is definitely very overrated.

It has been top 5~ on mal for a while now, there are MANY other animes which deserve top 5 way more than this.

I can see why people like it so much, but statements like "this is a masterpiece and nothing compares to it" are all delusional.

that's because you don't like steins gate that much for me it deserves its ratings because i like steins gate and its one of my favorite anime but if you don't like it then it's easy for you to say it's overrated.
StempeAug 19, 2022 11:06 PM
Aug 19, 2022 11:03 PM
Mar 2021
maybe you are just dumb. sorry
Aug 19, 2022 11:03 PM

Nov 2019
Stempe said:
FLAME-FURY said:
Steins gate is good but it is definitely very overrated.

It has been top 5~ on mal for a while now, there are MANY other animes which deserve top 5 way more than this.

I can see why people like it so much, but statements like "this is a masterpiece and nothing compares to it" are all delusional.

that's because you don't like steins gate for me it deserves its ratings because i like steins gate but if you don't like it then it's easy for you to say it's overrated.
I said it is good as my first phrase, how does that mean I don't like it?

Saying something is overrated doesn't mean that I don't like it.
Aug 19, 2022 11:04 PM
Jun 2022
CickNipolla said:

u don't need to be smart to understand u just need to focus because if you miss something in steins gate then you will be in trouble on understanding.
Aug 19, 2022 11:28 PM
Feb 2021
Nah bruv I understood most of it pretty well. It’s just the kind of anime that I enjoy. It had an almost perfect story, with enjoyable romance and plot. There weren’t many issues or plot holes that I noticed, so I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Aug 20, 2022 12:15 AM
Mar 2022
Dear OP
As far as Novel adaptations go, steins;gate is pretty good.
Time travel stories are always a nice ice breaker.
Mamoru Miyano character was amazing.
Its animation is good looking. Nowadays it would be a 12 episodes anime with less scenery shots, a rushed flow and perhaps cutting even more character interactions.

It is not complex by any means.
It has story trivia nerd fun:

The Technobbable concerning Cern is mostly Technospeak. You can understand the terms but you are never expected to.
At the time of the visual novel Cern had just announced and used its "particle accelerator" and was all around in media. At the time of the anime Cern was just another exoteric organization.
John Titor "internet figure" really existed, and was a satire, it is from the future where John titor that IBM5100 myth comes.
2000 is the bug of millenia, pcs would bug because 99 would loop into 00
2038 is another bug because with unix timestamps (and they use it in original XBOX) the maximum number you can put there is at Jan 19, 2038. It loops back to some date around 70's.
He is a internet joke that you would need to travel back in time to the 75's IBM5100 to debug stuff that is made for old ibm mainframes and used to this day. IBM 5100 is the first pc that emulates the basic/apl interfaces on these mainframes. IBM is another american exoteric business, they promoted their AI Watson with Steins;gate.
Notice how Terminator franchise Connor becomes Titor too, please...

Now you get someone that sees these theories, scrambles them, is clearly not a knowledgeable scientist, who is in akiba the electric city (full of fans and older stuff), fumbles with those antiques, without knowing and invents things a remarkable genius scientist didn't, and they both team up.
Add a female cast with very few ecchi scenes and a lot of lip service.
Couple it with the cast not being made by a school setting.
Tuturuu it stands out.
Aug 20, 2022 12:18 AM

May 2021
Or maybe it's because they simply liked it?

But I agree, it wasn't that good imo.

Aug 20, 2022 12:30 AM

Mar 2019
CickNipolla said:
HonKingFly409 said:
in the real world no one gives 2 fucks about fruits basket, but here we are.

there is a huge disconnection between general anime fans and the ones who use mal ratings.

and if someone wants to look smart, they'd say they like eva or sel etc.

steins;gate would be considered too casual for them

evangelion is for sure a deep anime that has been able to transcend the anime community and branch out into non anime fans. steins;gate is pretty niche and i think it is because the story compromises plot quality to try and be more complex

evangelion is a false deep anime, the core that makes a good anime, like characters, are missing in it, so in the end, it is no different than a youtube video that talks about deep things, anyone can say deep things
#justise for koalas
Aug 20, 2022 12:30 AM

Mar 2019
NewestPersonHere said:
Dear OP, people like Steins;Gate because they enjoyed the anime~

By the way, Steins;Gate has the most toxic anime fanbase. Good luck with their personal attacks~

ehhh i wouldn't say the most toxic but yeah it is very toxic
#justise for koalas
Aug 20, 2022 12:37 AM

May 2020
HonKingFly409 said:
CickNipolla said:

evangelion is for sure a deep anime that has been able to transcend the anime community and branch out into non anime fans. steins;gate is pretty niche and i think it is because the story compromises plot quality to try and be more complex

evangelion is a false deep anime, the core that makes a good anime, like characters, are missing in it, so in the end, it is no different than a youtube video that talks about deep things, anyone can say deep things

considering almost everyone praises evangelion for its character focus, u seem to have just not understood the show at all lol.
Aug 20, 2022 12:40 AM

May 2020
NotTheJacobo said:
CickNipolla said:

L take. I have a feeling you don’t understand it so to cope with it and come on here and post something like this smh

you cant understand a show with more plot holes than episodes
Aug 20, 2022 12:48 AM

May 2020
NotTheJacobo said:
CickNipolla said:

you cant understand a show with more plot holes than episodes
So you admit that I'm right? Cool. I respect everyone's opinions, but at least make an effort to understand it before posting something like this

youre not supposed to understand a bad show, you just accept its bad and move on.

you dont attempt to understand a psychopath or serial killer
Aug 20, 2022 12:49 AM

Mar 2019
CickNipolla said:
HonKingFly409 said:

considering almost everyone praises evangelion for its character focus, u seem to have just not understood the show at all lol.

yeah so because the majority thinks something it has to be true
#justise for koalas
Aug 20, 2022 12:52 AM

May 2020
HonKingFly409 said:
CickNipolla said:

yeah so because the majority thinks something it has to be true

when 99% of people agree on something, yes, thats how it works.

when 99% of scientists agree on something, it becomes a law

when 99% of viewers agree on something, it becomes a law
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.