Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 20, 2022 12:54 AM

Mar 2019
CickNipolla said:
NotTheJacobo said:

L take. I have a feeling you don’t understand it so to cope with it and come on here and post something like this smh

you cant understand a show with more plot holes than episodes

the fact that you don't understand it, doesn't mean it is a plot hole
#justise for koalas
Aug 20, 2022 1:00 AM

Mar 2019
CickNipolla said:
HonKingFly409 said:

yeah so because the majority thinks something it has to be true

when 99% of people agree on something, yes, thats how it works.

when 99% of scientists agree on something, it becomes a law

when 99% of viewers agree on something, it becomes a law

CickNipolla said:
HonKingFly409 said:

this logic is s dumb is laughable.

i checked your list, but it's not a 1 to 1 copy of the top 100 anime, you should give evangelion an 8, ginatam the final a 9, because this is what the majority thinks.

did you just compare anime to science? with science there is a clear way to prove or disprove something, if all of humanity agrees that the earth is flat, all of the earth would be wrong.

anime is subjective, it doesn't matter what you or i say, there is no real way to prove what we are saying.

i guess you're just so butthurt that not everyone sucks your favorite anime's dick that you have to come up with such a pathetic argument, but i know this is the limits of your abilities.

you can't even argue for the character other than other people liked it and that i didn't understand it, doesn't that support my argument, because you can't even make a real argument for yourself.

but i expect no more from someone stupid enough to believe eva is deep
HonKingFly409Aug 20, 2022 1:04 AM
#justise for koalas
Aug 20, 2022 1:06 AM
Sep 2021
DiomarBrasindo said:
Xokanashimi said:

No way the person with Bunnygirl Senpai and Akame Ga Kill! Favorited is talking about Steins;Gate

Ong, this guy has to have the worst takes I’ve ever seen 💀

I'm embarrassed for him
Aug 20, 2022 1:17 AM

Feb 2021
Half of this dude's threads are "____ anime is bad" "why is ____ anime popular?". Dude just wants to grind posts and get more profile views lol

Aug 20, 2022 1:23 AM
Nov 2021
I don’t understand how this affects you in any way tho, let people like whatever they want
Aug 20, 2022 1:34 AM
May 2022
No, but, why does it have to be so cringeworthy? Do the millions of people who like this show actually not see anything unusual about these characters, who are supposed to be taken to be modelled mostly after humans, acting like 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?
Aug 20, 2022 2:06 AM
Nov 2016
CickNipolla said:
HonKingFly409 said:

The majority believing in something doesn't necesarily make it true though. The majority believed that Earth was flat in the past and turns out they were all wrong about it. The majority of Muslims think that their religion is the only "correct" religion and that Muhammad is the only prophet or whatever, does that means it's true? nope, this BS actually happens with all religions and this is why I simply can't trust religions.

According to your logic, FMAB has to be a "masterpiece" because it's rated #1 in MAL and has been in 1st place for more than a decade but turns out, you actually dropped FMAB so you don't believe that FMAB is a masterpiece, you think it's a piece of crap instead which is fine, I also believe that FMAB is an overrated piece of crap too.

So yeah, the majority believing in something doesn't necessarily make it true, especially when it comes to animes, taste is subjective after all.
Aug 20, 2022 2:11 AM
Sep 2021
I liked Steins;Gate for more than one reason, and not because it's so complex. The characters are overall enjoyable, there aren't any cringy ones iirc. Also because of the satisfying feeling of everything coming together. It's similar to Kill la kill – you understand nothing at the beginning but the more you watch, the more the picture becomes clear. And then there's the realization that everything was hinting towards all the plot twists big time but you only realize that during the seconds watch through.
I think not many people watch it because first 5ish episodes are so slow paced. I myself had abandoned the show for like half a year. The only reason I came back was because MAL sent me a notification that it was №3 anime on the entire platform.
Aug 20, 2022 2:14 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
I cant really see why else Steins;Gate would be so popular on this forum yet so unpopular in the normal world. Most people you talk to arent going to say Steins;Gate is one of their favs, yet on this site its in the top 5. Im starting to think its more about people wanting to make their taste in anime look better by saying they liked the complex time travel anime.

Its animation and character design are subpar, its first half is extremely poorly paced, and the show uses extremely generic character tropes.

A complex anime =/= automatic masterpiece.

"most people you talk ro arent going to say Steins Gate is their favourite anime" xD
Is it your argument?
It depend with who you are talking, if it is on rop 5 then there are many people who like it. The fact that you dont think its one of the best anime dont mean that people think like you and add it to favourite only to look smart.
I cant even imagine why someone would do that to make random peoples from internet think he is smart.
Aug 20, 2022 2:18 AM
Feb 2022
FLAME-FURY said:
Steins gate is good but it is definitely very overrated.

It has been top 5~ on mal for a while now, there are MANY other animes which deserve top 5 way more than this.

I can see why people like it so much, but statements like "this is a masterpiece and nothing compares to it" are all delusional.

Its not delusional because everyone have their own opinion/taste and i dont know why it is that hard to get it.
Aug 20, 2022 2:41 AM

Dec 2020
Steins Gate isn't incredibly smart. It's just a banger. It has a unique enough concept and interesting cast. I had zero problems with the anime and was entertained through out. I see it on the same level as ReZero.

Btw the MAL top anime list is a bullshit indicator for what is popular or universally liked anyways. To be on the list you just need a loyal fanbase. If your show has a sequel, which has at least the same quality as the original season, that show will get a guaranteed top 50 spot, because fans only watch them, so they obviously have high ratings.

The anime community is so divided that among the top rated anime, there could easily be zero overlap between the fan bases. I, for example, never watched FMA even tho I completed over 100 anime.

Shonen fans, Romance fans, Psychological fans, Comedy fans, Isekai fans and so on may as well live on completely different planets.

"Nah man I hate Steins;Gate. Pokemon should be number one!" That statement has literally zero value.
Aug 20, 2022 2:48 AM
Oct 2021
CickNipolla said:
oataoa said:

time travel isn’t made up, it’s been theorized and proven in the enstein’s relativity, especially ( and mostly time travel in the future, it’s true that from what i know it’s only possible in the future and not the past ) but warping of spacetime itself due to gravitation and relative velocity isn’t science fiction

time travel is not possible. relativity is not time travel, as you are not going back or forwards in time relative to where u were.

yeah like i imagined it seems like you don’t understand science at all
Aug 20, 2022 3:05 AM
Aug 2020
yes 😂😂😂 almost everyone i know who watches anime gives a or 9+ to steins gate bcz they are scared that people will tell them that they arent smart enough to understand it
Cant think of a signature
Aug 20, 2022 3:13 AM
Apr 2022
The show is easy to understand and very entertaining the whole time. It deserves the spot and rating it has. I love Steins;Gate
Aug 20, 2022 3:33 AM
Jul 2021
Argonant said:
Its pacing and the characters are the main reason it's among my favourites in the first place. I don't think you know what qualifies as good pacing or you just want instant gratification. I can say with full confidence that the time travel working is not the primary reason most people like it. It's just a plot device.

It isn't the type of anime that is carried by animation or physical character design. It's about character conflicts. Tropes or not, their conflicts feel natural.

You clearly view shows through a different lens which is ok.

To answer your question, it's just a type of genre that isn't popular among general audiences. MAL users are anime fans.
I agree with you. I don't have it as my favourite cuz of time travel but the story itself. Always give me goosebumps whenever I watch it.
Aug 20, 2022 3:34 AM
Sep 2020
CickNipolla said:
BigMac7 said:
No, that's dumb, even 12 year olds can understand sg if they use their mind. If anything steins gate probably gets the most genuine praise out of most shows here. Because it's normie, no tryhard would ever add it to his favs to look cool.

Try for a better bait next time.

a 12 year old cant solve multiplication but they damn sure can understand the plot of world lines guys

If you weren't able to do multiplications by that age, I assume it's either a problem within you or the educational system where you came from, because everybody I knew when I was 12 was pretty much presumably able to do it (like, since they were like 7?)
Aug 20, 2022 3:40 AM
Jul 2021
CickNipolla said:
BigMac7 said:
No, that's dumb, even 12 year olds can understand sg if they use their mind. If anything steins gate probably gets the most genuine praise out of most shows here. Because it's normie, no tryhard would ever add it to his favs to look cool.

a 12 year old cant solve multiplication but they damn sure can understand the plot of world lines guys
wtf dude, i literally have a younger brother and he already learn multiplication at the age of 10
Aug 20, 2022 4:33 AM
Jul 2021
xZabuzax said:
CickNipolla said:

The majority believing in something doesn't necesarily make it true though. The majority believed that Earth was flat in the past and turns out they were all wrong about it. The majority of Muslims think that their religion is the only "correct" religion and that Muhammad is the only prophet or whatever, does that means it's true? nope, this BS actually happens with all religions and this is why I simply can't trust religions.

According to your logic, FMAB has to be a "masterpiece" because it's rated #1 in MAL and has been in 1st place for more than a decade but turns out, you actually dropped FMAB so you don't believe that FMAB is a masterpiece, you think it's a piece of crap instead which is fine, I also believe that FMAB is an overrated piece of crap too.

So yeah, the majority believing in something doesn't necessarily make it true, especially when it comes to animes, taste is subjective after all.
Yo, don't involve religious things on things like this. As a muslim I am offended. We respect other religions.
Aug 20, 2022 4:56 AM
Nov 2016
SyHaqi said:
xZabuzax said:

Yo, don't involve religious things on things like this. As a muslim I am offended. We respect other religions.

As a person that don't trust religions, I am offended about your comment too so I guess we are both disappointed.
Aug 20, 2022 5:12 AM
Feb 2021
CickNipolla said:
I cant really see why else Steins;Gate would be so popular on this forum yet so unpopular in the normal world. Most people you talk to arent going to say Steins;Gate is one of their favs, yet on this site its in the top 5. Im starting to think its more about people wanting to make their taste in anime look better by saying they liked the complex time travel anime.

Its animation and character design are subpar, its first half is extremely poorly paced, and the show uses extremely generic character tropes.

I don’t feel like it was overly complex. It was just basic chaos theory stuff with a bit of secret evil corporations. I genuinely feel it was my favourite anime. Best things being the characters were so interesting/likeable that the story pulled at my heartstrings. I mean who doesnt like the forbidden love stuff
Aug 20, 2022 5:25 AM

Aug 2021
common cocknipplela L
Aug 20, 2022 5:31 AM

Aug 2021
CickNipolla said:
BigMac7 said:

a 12 year old can solve multiplication except for Americans like you apparently
Aug 20, 2022 5:41 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:

No, but people like you do look stupid
Aug 20, 2022 5:49 AM

Jul 2015
Steins;Gate reeks of everything that would make normies run away. The dating sim/harem vibes are overwhelming, the jokes are very meta and centered around concepts weebs and otakus are familiar with, but not normies; the main character is impossible to relate to with if you're not a basement-dewller.
Aug 20, 2022 8:31 AM
Dec 2021
CickNipolla said:

Stein’s Gate is a masterpiece everything in this show is perfect ngl, i guess if you had played the game before the anime you wouldn’t be able to finish it lol.
Aug 20, 2022 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
I like Steins;Gate. It's not a favorite of mine by a long shot, but it explored the concept of time travel quite well, probably better than most anime or non-anime out there. The story starts slow, but the science fiction element is presented in a way that is somewhat believable within the series universe while still being easy to understand for the average consumer. The characters are unique and memorable, with humor sprinkled here and there, and a relatable reason why the mad scientists would obsess with time travel. Again, not a favorite, but it's not hard to see why many people would give it a very high score.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 20, 2022 9:03 AM
Feb 2022
Beef_file said:
CickNipolla said:

No, but people like you do look stupid

they look stupid because they are....
Aug 20, 2022 9:26 AM
Jan 2017
That goes to Classroom of the Elite, so many base their personality on the main character on him, its pretty funny seeing people post how their friends are down bad.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Aug 20, 2022 9:55 AM

Sep 2015

i got nothing to add to this shit thread
Aug 20, 2022 10:10 AM

Nov 2017
Honestly, one of these troll threads finally nailed it.

*Shrugs*

And FMAB is OK but I almost think it's Japanese nationalism giving all those upvotes for a war-crime denying series.

The charts are highly manipulated by outside groups as they are on any public ranking website. And Rotten Tomatoes is money in the hand from big studios as well.

Always take charts with a grain of salt, you don't know how much is just commercial interests paying people to plug in a bot rating. It was the same with the Snyderverse, apparently.

Be careful.

Steins is OK, the second season is really good though. If anything mid-ratings are much more organic than hype ratings (unless it's obvious that it's good and people would like it).
Aug 20, 2022 10:14 AM

Nov 2017
LewisOHH said:
yeah pretty much. i hated this shit but it got me into college. demon slayer far superior

Demon Slayer is on another level completely, in animation and story, as well as characterization. They ruined Kurisu.
Aug 20, 2022 10:18 AM

Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:
BigMac7 said:

How do people try to go againts what you said in this post specifically? I have friends of my age who can't even solve a division without using a calculator and they are 18+ in age lol
Aug 20, 2022 10:36 AM

Dec 2016
Lol , I don't even know what is reason that let me love this show I rewatched it many times.
Aug 20, 2022 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
CickNipolla said:

there's fmab, kagua, gintama etc etc that don't deserve top 5 either. just get over it. fan based being series to the top. the more a series is loved by their fanbase, the more it gets higher in ratings is all. the rankings are just a degree of how much they're loved by their fanbases. it doesn't mean they are the top 5 anime top exist deserving candidates or something.
Aug 20, 2022 12:00 PM
Sep 2020
Not true, first half was pretty good. The anime introduces you to the characters and it is not slow paces. This is the best thing i find in this anime apart from the story. Characters are all well written and yeah it is true it is unpopular in normal life. But i have it top 2, because i really like it not just to point out I'm smart for having this top 5 or anything.
Aug 20, 2022 1:34 PM
May 2022
NewestPersonHere said:
Dear OP, people like Steins;Gate because they enjoyed the anime~

By the way, Steins;Gate has the most toxic anime fanbase. Good luck with their personal attacks~

Nah bro fire force fans are way worse lol
Aug 20, 2022 2:13 PM

Nov 2020
Despite being held in high regard, Steins;Gate isn't hyped on youtube and twitter because it doesn't have share-able, cool moments that can go viral. Same is true for most critically acclaimed anime
Aug 20, 2022 2:16 PM

Nov 2020
And slow start makes it harder to get into, reducing its popularity
Aug 20, 2022 2:22 PM
May 2021
I personally absolutely adore steins gate, it's not overrated at all and infact underrated in my opinion. yes character design is subpar but it has a extremely deep story that is extremely confusing to understand I admit (it took me so many hours to understand the whole thing) but when you finally do it's absolutely amazing how well fleshed out the characters are, and the amount of suffering okabe goes through is just heart breaking but extremely well done. and no the first half is not bad at all, the first part was important to explain the story and give a shit load of character building, without the first half the second half wouldn't have hit nearly as hard as it did for me. So overall I feel steins gate is absolutely amazing I'd be it confusing, but it's my overall favourite anime.
Aug 20, 2022 2:31 PM

May 2020
MarkVijet said:
Despite being held in high regard, Steins;Gate isn't hyped on youtube and twitter because it doesn't have share-able, cool moments that can go viral. Same is true for most critically acclaimed anime

or its just because, you know, its not a very good show worth sharing?

Aug 20, 2022 2:33 PM

Dec 2018
Homie, it would have been a great take if you meant the opposite of what you just said
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Aug 20, 2022 2:54 PM
Sep 2021
Xokanashimi said:
CickNipolla said:

No way the person with Bunnygirl Senpai and Akame Ga Kill! Favorited is talking about Steins;Gate

You’re not one to talk
Aug 20, 2022 3:36 PM
Nov 2016
CickNipolla said:
MarkVijet said:

or its just because, you know, its not a very good show worth sharing?

To be fair, even animes like Dragon Ball Super gets hyped or shared or whatever and it's not because it's a good anime, it's just the stereotype, cliche, shounen anime that most people are into, including the cool kids in the block because you know, apparently shounen stuff are the shizniz.

Don't judge, I'm just trying to be cool like those cool kids in the block that think shounen animes are the next coming of jesus and it's not sarcasm, I swear!
Aug 20, 2022 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
Comica21 said:
NewestPersonHere said:
Dear OP, people like Steins;Gate because they enjoyed the anime~

By the way, Steins;Gate has the most toxic anime fanbase. Good luck with their personal attacks~

Nah bro fire force fans are way worse lol

Don’t know about Fire Force. Battle shounen fanbases tend to be very toxic, especially Demon Slayer, etc.

Based on my experience, Steins;Gate is the most toxic, followed by Code Geass. FMAB or AoT being the third~
Aug 20, 2022 4:44 PM

May 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
CickNipolla said:

How do people try to go againts what you said in this post specifically? I have friends of my age who can't even solve a division without using a calculator and they are 18+ in age lol

Because the phrase "a 12-yr old" in this case refers to 12-yr olds in GENERAL. And a majority of 12-yr olds can actually solve multiplication, even with below-average education.

Aug 20, 2022 4:56 PM

Feb 2021
hell I'd expect a 9 year old to solve multiplication problems, let alone 12.
Aug 20, 2022 4:57 PM
Jun 2021
Steins gate is hilarious and somehow keeps most of its time travel lore connected to real life internet culture (john titor especially)
Do people say they like it to look smart? Maybe some people.
But for me i adore the plot for NOT being smart, none of the characters are all that intelligent
Aug 20, 2022 5:15 PM

Sep 2020
Kashiv_97 said:
CickNipolla said:

I honestly struggled to stay awake in some episodes of the first half. So yes I don't believe it's a masterpiece and I somewhat agree with you.
That sounds like a you problem. Maybe you struggled to stay awake because you have the attention span of a five-year-old or you have let your tiredness at the time, cloud your judgment. And i'm tired of the lazy ass takes that Steins gate is boring in the first half.

While the latter half of the anime does deliver strong heart-pounding scenes, it is not a fast-paced action anime with twists and turns after each episode. Instead, the first half of the anime is vitally crucial in how it establishes the world for how the final half of the anime develops.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Aug 20, 2022 5:44 PM

Jan 2021
RioFS said:
Ionliosite2 said:

Because the phrase "a 12-yr old" in this case refers to 12-yr olds in GENERAL. And a majority of 12-yr olds can actually solve multiplication, even with below-average education.

I would disagree simply from personal experience, the boys in my high school def needed a calculator for multiplication.
Aug 20, 2022 5:55 PM

May 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
RioFS said:

I would disagree simply from personal experience, the boys in my high school def needed a calculator for multiplication.

Then maybe Google it. I'm pretty sure people in high school who NEED a calculator don't constitute a majority of the students around the world.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.