Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru' Gets TV Anime

New
Aug 19, 2022 12:00 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kadokawa opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Miku's Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta (I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too) light novel on Friday, revealing a special promo and teaser visual (pictured)

Miku began penning the adventure fantasy novel on the Kakuyomu website in March 2017, three years and three months after launching Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei (The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made!). Kadokawa began releasing the series with illustrations by Rein Kuwashima under its Fantasia Bunko label in December 2018 and will publish the 11th volume on Saturday.

Kazuomi Minatogawa (M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane manga) began drawing a manga adaptation on the Web DenPlay Comic website in December 2019. Kadokawa shipped the third volume on March 10.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga in English and released the first volume of each on May 17 and 24, respectively. The second novel volume is planned for a December 13 release. The series has a cumulative 1.5 million copies of its volumes in circulation worldwide.

Synopsis
A chance to come back!

A mysterious door stands open, inviting a boy who's been brutally bullied all his life to take a courageous step forward into the unknown. On the other side, he finds a hoard of priceless artifacts and a world as filled with magic as it is with monsters. The most shocking revelation, however, is that he can bring whatever he wants back with him when he returns to Earth. It won't be long before this double life changes him forever... (Source: Yen Press, edited)

Special PV

Official site: https://www.iseleve.com/
Official Twitter: @iseleve_anime
Novel special site: https://fantasiabunko.jp/special/201812cheatmusou/

Source: Press Release

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta on MAL
VindstotOct 13, 2023 11:04 PM

Aug 19, 2022 12:04 AM

Apr 2012
I like the art style but lol what? Next year we will get two isekai at once about a character who travels between worlds with things? One female, the other male power fantasy.
Aug 19, 2022 12:04 AM

Jul 2015
Try to read this title with a straight face. XD
An absolute crime upon creativity.

Aug 19, 2022 12:05 AM

Mar 2021
Oh hey!! Another Isekai with another MC with cheat skills. But wait a minute, he's unrivaled in Real world too??? Damn!!!
Aug 19, 2022 12:15 AM

Apr 2012
V1P3R0P said:
Oh hey!! Another Isekai with another MC with cheat skills. But wait a minute, he's unrivaled in Real world too??? Damn!!!

Piromysl said:
Try to read this title with a straight face. XD
An absolute crime upon creativity.

Well, judging by the various covers, quite a lot of the story takes place in the real world. I mean, it's like a combo of normal and reverse isekai.
Aug 19, 2022 12:17 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Déjà vu!

I've just been in this place before.

Higher on the street ·

...And I know it's my time to go.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 19, 2022 12:22 AM

Feb 2021
I hope it turns out to be interesting at least… Isekai adaptations are in trend now.
Aug 19, 2022 12:34 AM

Apr 2016
Why is it always cheaters.
Aug 19, 2022 1:02 AM

Oct 2017
More isekai to watch.
Aug 19, 2022 1:07 AM

Jul 2017
I welcome this. Looks like another power fantasy that I can eat up lol.

Aug 19, 2022 1:08 AM

Sep 2020
Another trash which I am going to skip.
Aug 19, 2022 1:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is the type of isekai that's always right up my alley
Aug 19, 2022 1:37 AM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:

Are you going to miss the show but you already know it's trash?
Aug 19, 2022 1:47 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

The Fruit of Evolution author's next LN + 7.06 LN rating.
Aug 19, 2022 1:49 AM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
RobertBobert said:

So you didn't read it and call it trash just because of the low rating and the fact that you didn't like the author's past work?
Aug 19, 2022 1:52 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

So you didn't read it and call it trash just because of the low rating and the fact that you didn't like the author's past work?
Yes, you are right. Do you have any problem with that ?
Aug 19, 2022 1:53 AM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
RobertBobert said:

Yeah, I think it's completely silly.
Aug 19, 2022 1:59 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

Ok I am out. Anyway dude you have a poor sence of humour don't take small jokes that seriously.
Aug 19, 2022 2:02 AM

Jan 2016
Swagernator said:
ikr, i will never understand whats so enjoyable about watching people be op and cheat for 12 or so episodes. At this point the only good isekai with cheating is Mushoku Tensei lol

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Aug 19, 2022 2:02 AM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
RobertBobert said:

Ok I am out. Anyway dude you have a poor sence of humour don't take small jokes that seriously.

Well, if not appreciating your joke means having a bad sense of humor, then okay, I'm sorry. But seriously, I just don't like it when people call a show trash or hit of the year based on the synopsis or the author.

VivavideoUser2x said:
Swagernator said:
ikr, i will never understand whats so enjoyable to watch people be op and cheat for 12 or so episodes. At this point the only good isekai with cheating is Mushoku Tensei lol

Because google such a thing as "trickster". This is a very old piece of fiction.
Aug 19, 2022 2:13 AM

Jan 2016
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

Well, if not appreciating your joke means having a bad sense of humor, then okay, I'm sorry. But seriously, I just don't like it when people call a show trash or hit of the year based on the synopsis or the author.

VivavideoUser2x said:
ikr, i will never understand whats so enjoyable to watch people be op and cheat for 12 or so episodes. At this point the only good isekai with cheating is Mushoku Tensei lol

Because google such a thing as "trickster". This is a very old piece of fiction.
an old piece of fiction for children, if they are using that same type of storytelling in present day i guess that really shows what the target audience for this stuff is

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Aug 19, 2022 2:16 AM

Apr 2012
VivavideoUser2x said:
RobertBobert said:

an old piece of fiction for children, if they are using that same type of storytelling in present day i guess that really shows what the target audience for this stuff is i guess.

For kids? Lol, the culture of many peoples is based on legends about such characters as Robin Hood, Odysseus or Til Ugenspiegel. There are many lessons in these legends about the importance of wit, cunning, and resourcefulness. Not to mention the fact that fantasy, in principle, is a distant heir to fairy tales and chivalric novels.
Aug 19, 2022 2:59 AM

Mar 2020
Target audience for Light Novels are middle schoolers and High Schoolers there first and formost for both male and female nowdays tho seems like older folks are into it to
Aug 19, 2022 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
Its almost isekai oji-san!
Aug 19, 2022 4:29 AM
Jun 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

trust me this isekai-reverse isekai is trash on many levels i read the manga and couldn't believe my eyes
Aug 19, 2022 4:41 AM
Feb 2020
I knew this was coming....just dont make it like otome game don't ruin this plz LN and manga characters done well please when first trailer come out dont ruined it
Aug 19, 2022 4:54 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeFA78N said:
Target audience for Light Novels are middle schoolers and High Schoolers there first and formost for both male and female nowdays tho seems like older folks are into it to

Depends on the publisher and work.

Maruseru93 said:
RobertBobert said:

trust me this isekai-reverse isekai is trash on many levels i read the manga and couldn't believe my eyes

I'm sorry, I don't trust other people's tastes.
Aug 19, 2022 4:55 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This seems like it'll be the next big thing. The one to save anime, so consider me hyped.
Aug 19, 2022 5:17 AM

Apr 2012
Zehn05 said:
I knew this was coming....just dont make it like otome game don't ruin this plz LN and manga characters done well please when first trailer come out dont ruined it

What exactly was ruined in the anime? This has been in my plans since the spring.
Aug 19, 2022 5:25 AM
Feb 2020
Otome game also my high hope since spring just character making make me... not hate it just can't accept it..yeahh especially queen ( I don't know her name) just big difference for me
Aug 19, 2022 5:25 AM

Jul 2014
Another day, another shitty isekai anime adaptation churned out of the Kadokawa factory.
Aug 19, 2022 6:13 AM

Feb 2021
Atavistic said:
Another day, another shitty isekai anime adaptation churned out of the Kadokawa factory.

It is publishing company, not factory.
Aug 19, 2022 6:37 AM

Jan 2016
RobertBobert said:
VivavideoUser2x said:
an old piece of fiction for children, if they are using that same type of storytelling in present day i guess that really shows what the target audience for this stuff is i guess.

For kids? Lol, the culture of many peoples is based on legends about such characters as Robin Hood, Odysseus or Til Ugenspiegel. There are many lessons in these legends about the importance of wit, cunning, and resourcefulness. Not to mention the fact that fantasy, in principle, is a distant heir to fairy tales and chivalric novels.
yeah, but you cant with a straight face compare these self insert power fantasies like this to thousand year old fables, you cannot lmao

Aug 19, 2022 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
VivavideoUser2x said:
RobertBobert said:

yeah, but you cant with a straight face compare these self insert power fantasies like this to thousand year old fables, you cannot lmao

Dude, literally one of the most iconic folk tales in my country, the legend of Sadko, is about a dude who was isekai-ed into the world of an underwater king.
Aug 19, 2022 6:46 AM

Jan 2016
RobertBobert said:
VivavideoUser2x said:

Dude, literally one of the most iconic folk tales in my country, the legend of Sadko, is about a dude who was isekai-ed into the world of an underwater king.
that premise sounds way more interesting than this show tho, at least its a tale thats passed on for generations and not some dumb light novel that copies and pastes everything from other works in its genre.

Aug 19, 2022 6:48 AM

Apr 2012
VivavideoUser2x said:
RobertBobert said:

that premise sounds way more interesting than this show tho, at least its a tale thats passed on for generations and not some dumb light novel that copies and pastes everything from other works in its genre.

Man, I promise you, many centuries will pass and people will remember modern shows as the same.
Aug 19, 2022 6:51 AM

Jan 2016
RobertBobert said:
VivavideoUser2x said:

Man, I promise you, many centuries will pass and people will remember modern shows as the same.

Will they remember every single isekai ln adaptation that came out,though? I dont think so, because isekai is oversaturated as hell.

Aug 19, 2022 6:59 AM

Feb 2021
Zehn05 said:
Otome game also my high hope since spring just character making make me... not hate it just can't accept it..yeahh especially queen ( I don't know her name) just big difference for me

It is great series! I recommend you to watch it!
Aug 19, 2022 7:02 AM

Apr 2012
VivavideoUser2x said:
RobertBobert said:

Will they remember every single isekai ln adaptation that came out,though? I dont think so, because isekai is oversaturated as hell.

Do you know how great collections of ancient Greek myths are? And most of it was passed down by word of mouth.
Aug 19, 2022 7:53 AM

May 2021
looks meh + will probably get animated by a shit studio
Aug 19, 2022 8:02 AM

Apr 2012
ryoko6 said:
looks meh + will probably get animated by a shit studio

Shit studio - for example, which one?
Aug 19, 2022 9:42 AM
Apr 2021
I have been reading the manga since last year and I never expected it to get an anime. Shocking and I recently ordered the first vol of the manga.
Aug 19, 2022 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
I liked the synopsis and something good can come out of this, let's wait.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Aug 19, 2022 12:21 PM

May 2020
Another isekai light novel getting an adaptation.. nothing just that weekly stuff. I mean who's even surprised.
Aug 19, 2022 5:31 PM

Feb 2021
Drugstore in Another World light novel is actually just a pretty chill read with barely any drama, though the title is misleading cause it's not like he is overpowered or anything.
Aug 19, 2022 6:12 PM

Mar 2016
Holy moly the title

Aug 20, 2022 2:45 AM

Mar 2014
Another isekai.... Boring
Aug 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Oct 2015
MadanielFL said:
Drugstore in Another World light novel is actually just a pretty chill read with barely any drama, though the title is misleading cause it's not like he is overpowered or anything.

So it is the chill type like Reborn As A Vending Machine~
Good to know, will look into it in the future~

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.