Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 27, 2010 4:50 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode! Everyone is saved! :D Most impressed I was with Sakuragi! He did the most effort and it landed him in the hospital bed.....that nurse is nice though. Loved Sakuragi's past and drama! It was amazingly fine for me! As a little kid he was cute=>
I also liked Baremoto's effort.....you could clearly see his blood and broken glasses as a nice addition that he made some efforts with getting the key. Did Sakuragi's father go to the army and after he came back became a alcoholic? That's the way I understood it.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 27, 2010 7:38 PM

Nov 2007
Good episode was great. yet another 5/5

The punch was win, I guess thats why that bastard wants sakuragi dead.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 28, 2010 6:47 AM
Jun 2008
I really like the Narrator.She always say cool things in the best part of the show ^^
Apr 28, 2010 6:17 PM

Jan 2010
I'm so glad everyone is alive, although I kinda expected it since we're only 4 episodes in. P:

I'm also happy that Baremoto changed from the little antisocial brat into a bro.

Overall, loved the episode. Even though I only know really basic Japanese and I watched the raw, I could still figure out what happened for most of the part. 5/5 from me.
Apr 30, 2010 12:27 AM
Apr 30, 2010 1:13 PM

Dec 2009
I can't find the subs, are they out? and if so, link please? =]
Apr 30, 2010 5:01 PM

Apr 2008
At this time of posting, subs are not out.

Other than that, very nicely done episode 4. Consistent with the manga. The next few episodes are going to be more interesting than what has been shown so far ;-)
Apr 30, 2010 10:46 PM
Mar 2010
Just finished watching the Frozen sub. Great episode. Learning about Sakuragi's past was interesting and that punch. Was like fuck yeah! The guy deserved it. Show is awesome. My favorite anime this year so far
May 1, 2010 1:52 AM

Feb 2008
I was wondering... that nice nurse isn't she actually the one narrating the story ?

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
May 1, 2010 2:06 AM

Jun 2009
I really hope that doctor doesn't do anything fucked up.
Anyways good episode, depicts the bonding of the 7 relli with the doubts, and misunderstandings all cleared up.
=D that fcking ishihara. omfg<=.="
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
May 1, 2010 3:47 AM
Nov 2009
I liked this episode quite a lot but I think it went abit OTT with brotherly love. Concerned really :P
May 1, 2010 4:43 AM

Apr 2010
Haha, everyone voted 5/5 so far. :D

I hate Ishihara.. It felt great when Bro smashed him in his face! We also got to know more about his past, which was intersting. He didn't actually kill his father after all.

And I didn't like the look on the doctor's face.. I have a bad feeling about it. :(

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 1, 2010 4:45 AM

Mar 2009
This was such a beautiful episode. So much emotion. I loved it.

and that punch was satisfying too.
May 1, 2010 5:27 AM

Apr 2010
So wait why is he in jail?

chiyos_DadMay 1, 2010 6:59 AM
May 1, 2010 6:52 AM

Feb 2009
OMG, 100% gave 5/5 stars. That just proves this show's awesomeness.

I can't wait for the next episode.
May 1, 2010 8:11 AM
Dec 2007
Epic episode. The music were just fantastic too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 1, 2010 9:02 AM

Dec 2007
"No way our lives worth so little". - Loved this quote

This episode delivers once again.
May 1, 2010 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
I see nazi doctor in next episode. Must a be a far worse threat that some violence junkie like Ishihara.
May 1, 2010 9:43 AM

Jun 2008
Ishihara is ruining the show. It's hard to maintain the show believable on my mind everytime he appears. I mean, I know he hates criminals and all that, but he acts so overdramatic... and now a backstory about him would be cheap imo.

But for everything else, I liked the episode. The music direction was great, I'm finally getting used to the narrator and Bro love is always fine. :D
May 1, 2010 9:50 AM

Apr 2009
awesome flashback... kinda like him more now :D

and damn the next ep that doctor will do smth bad i think -_-
May 1, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2010
smokes said:
and damn the next ep that doctor will do smth bad i think -_-

Yeah I have a feeling the real antagonist is the doctor, just the way he's been acting up untl now... I just know something's up.
May 1, 2010 10:11 AM

May 2008
Another awsome episode again...I'm impressed...When they all walked out from the fire it was epic, I was so moved, omg...
May 1, 2010 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
Holy shit, that was a powerful episode!

A lot of emotional payoff to things that were brewing in the first few episodes. Touching, well done stuff.

Just for the record, I cried glorious manly tears watching this episode, it hit me like a hurricane. Thank you, Rainbow. I like the brief interview with the original author mangaka after the show, he comes across as a cool guy.

Upped my rating from 9 to 10, I'm thoroughly sold.
May 1, 2010 10:33 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, what a great episode.

I'm glad Ishihara got punched. Exactly what he deserves. xD

And Sakuragi's past made me cry.
May 1, 2010 10:39 AM

Apr 2007
can someone answer me why the dude had to go in jail? :S
May 1, 2010 10:45 AM

Dec 2007
I believe something that noteDhero said back in the Episode 3 discussion still holds true and coincides with my thoughts concerning this series:
noteDhero said:
As I've said before, my problems with the show have to do with the direction and overall presentation as opposed to the content of the story. It feels very watered down so that it can attract a broader audience. I understand the need for Madhouse to want to do that, but it comes off as more insulting to me, given the subject matter.
I really don't see this changing any time soon either.

The more I watch, the more unimpressive Rainbow becomes; nothing in their presentation stands out as amazing. Additionally, some major problems do keep building up: We see a lot of poor storytelling techniques in each episode, and a few dated animating techniques throughout. Admittedly though, this is still a fun series to watch despite the annoyances.
May 1, 2010 12:14 PM

Apr 2009
Psycho_Kenshin said:

Just for the record, I cried glorious manly tears watching this episode, it hit me like a hurricane. Thank you, Rainbow.

THIS. there hasn't been an episode where i didn't cry. the bromance is just so prevalent you can't help but cheer them on. a series like this is a nice change from other shows out this season and i can't wait for the next episode.
May 1, 2010 12:59 PM

Dec 2009
Well that doctor clearly has the evil-clown face.....
May 1, 2010 1:21 PM

Nov 2009
I am sort of conflicted because the plot is somewhat out of the ordinary for an anime, but yet the actual plot is very predictable all the same. However the background stories themselves are all well done.
It did get me emotional this episode, but i am still not very excited for this show every week. Maybe dark natured shows are not my stuff?
Good episode, but next week looks more promising since a new arc so to speak is starting.
May 1, 2010 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
For some reason, I thought the doctor was his dad for a second, but that can't be right...

As for the episode itself, the first half was pretty intense but, it slowed down in the second half. The funny thing is, I thought the doctor was a good guy at first, well, I guess not.
May 1, 2010 3:14 PM

May 2008
Kurogashi said:
For some reason, I thought the doctor was his dad for a second, but that can't be right...

Whoa, I thought that for a second too, but it's not possible, though he's planning something I'm sure~~
May 1, 2010 3:20 PM

Jun 2009
I do admit that the plot is somewhat predictable(Yep, I can guess without a doubt whats going to happen in the next episode. They gave enough signposts to point it out for me), the villains act so evil that it destroys their believability, and it is quite watered down. However the main problem is the acting. It's over dramatic. Plus it's been a while since I seen the old "Saying someones name after they say something emotional" trick.

However. Despite all this I must admit that I am really enjoying this. It's funny. While everything seems to be below my expectations but I really can't call this a bad show or even a mediocre one. I got to say that it's really good. It's been a while since I yelled "Fuck yeah!" after seeing a hated villain get punched. Uncovered looked damn badass entering that fire. There's some real heart here. You really connect with the characters. It's starting to change my perspective on what is good anime.
Still we got more episodes to come and if this starts to drag then it will all fall apart.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 1, 2010 3:35 PM

May 2009
BlackListHunter said:
can someone answer me why the dude had to go in jail? :S

ResonateMay 1, 2010 3:43 PM
May 1, 2010 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
pure epicness, so good episode
May 1, 2010 5:49 PM
Jun 2008
Deadpool135 said:

The more I watch, the more unimpressive Rainbow becomes; nothing in their presentation stands out as amazing. Additionally, some major problems do keep building up: We see a lot of poor storytelling techniques in each episode, and a few dated animating techniques throughout. Admittedly though, this is still a fun series to watch despite the annoyances.
Well its an old story anyway.Some more its based on the author's biography.really reminds me of Konichiwa Anne
May 1, 2010 6:04 PM

Feb 2010
That was absolutely awesome :D
May 1, 2010 9:44 PM

Sep 2009
OK, this episode really got on my nerves. None of the character interactions make sense. Why the hell does Sakuragi have any trust in Baremoto? Why was he so sure that he would come to the rescue? Wouldn't he have had to know about the key for that to work? And why does Baremoto suddenly consider them all to be his friends, when he was all but willing to screw them over one episode ago? Explain, Rainbow! EXPLAIN!
May 1, 2010 10:01 PM

Oct 2009
Corniness overflow. I could not watch this episode with a straight face. This show is going downhill.
May 1, 2010 10:46 PM

Apr 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
OK, this episode really got on my nerves. None of the character interactions make sense. Why the hell does Sakuragi have any trust in Baremoto? Why was he so sure that he would come to the rescue? Wouldn't he have had to know about the key for that to work? And why does Baremoto suddenly consider them all to be his friends, when he was all but willing to screw them over one episode ago? Explain, Rainbow! EXPLAIN!

Although the show has not been subtle in general, I guess the answer here would be... a bit of subtlety.

It all seemed reasonable to me. Sakuragi didn't know the exact situation, he didn't see the key thing, but he knew Baremoto was mixed up with Ishihara and that he was torn up about it.

Pretty much, he just had faith that Baremoto was a good guy and would come through for them, he saw some good in him.
May 1, 2010 11:47 PM

Sep 2009
Psycho_Kenshin said:
he just had faith that Baremoto was a good guy

Which furthers my question... why?!
May 2, 2010 1:19 AM

Feb 2010
Yumei_Noir said:
Corniness overflow. I could not watch this episode with a straight face. This show is going downhill.

Agreed. The first and second episodes were strong, but the authors can only cycle the "dark past" pattern so many times. I hope the next episode picks up.
May 2, 2010 1:23 AM

Nov 2007
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Which furthers my question... why?!

Sakuragi knew that Baremoto was being blackmailed by that bastard Ishihara (overhearing them in the library) also the words he shared with Baremoto before he left to save Mario and the others, gave him a glimpse of hope that those words could reach Baremoto. And it is more of a reason to think positive when someone doesn't have anything else to think of in a live or die situation like that. Clinging to even the tiniest of hope (in this case, hoping that Baremoto will show up) is what makes people live on and move forward.

This cliche thing I just said, is one of the fundamentals that we see in many anime, because that is one of the basic human traits, never to give up, and cling to the last hope.

If this doesn't answer your question, nothing will and I think the anime isn't particularly made for you, so I think its better you look into something else, there are plenty of anime out there that will be really easy for you to understand. There's simply no point watching something you won't enjoy. Now is there? :)

Edit: MAL Failure: Mario's picture in Sakragi's Character Biography.

Someone was stupid enough to upload that pic. lol.
shanimebibMay 2, 2010 1:27 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 2, 2010 2:01 AM

Jun 2009
Just watched the FroZen release. This series is fucking amazing.
May 2, 2010 7:05 AM

Oct 2009
sayami said:
Kurogashi said:

Whoa, I thought that for a second too, but it's not possible, though he's planning something I'm sure~~

i third this!
May 2, 2010 9:24 AM

Feb 2010
Shit, dreading the next episode. Shit will be dumped on poor injured Bro.
May 2, 2010 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
Great ep, looking forward to more :D

May 3, 2010 12:05 AM

Jul 2008
i guess he does feel responsible for his father's death, but i wonder what he did to get locked up?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 3, 2010 2:58 AM

Mar 2009
Anyone happened to watch FroZen's release ?? The ending = win :D Satake Uki ~!
Mokyuu♥~!!

May 3, 2010 3:17 AM

Jul 2009
Ohh Angel in White..it's like an oasis in a desert XD
May 3, 2010 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
When they got to the "I believe in you, so you should believe in me" line, I was like WUT? Kamina's evil cousin? o.O Uhh.

Vinzalf said:
Ishihara is ruining the show. It's hard to maintain the show believable on my mind everytime he appears. I mean, I know he hates criminals and all that, but he acts so overdramatic..

Yeah D: And his grotesque appearance makes it even less realistic.

Pfft, I knew Rokurouta's "patricide" was something Simba-like.

The doctor's plotting something, and I can't help but think of him as a far better villain-to-be than Fugly-kun.
lmaonade said:
Anyone happened to watch FroZen's release ?? The ending = win :D Satake Uki ~!

Yes. And, um...I lol'd so hard at the manga author's motives xD "I wanted to depict men who were cool." Yeah, that's deep.

Overall, it starts getting cheesy. Which is bad.
CenedessMay 3, 2010 4:35 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomimi - Jul 6, 2010

111 by prozyne »»
Mar 4, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShanaFlame - Apr 3, 2010

279 by prozyne »»
Feb 28, 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.