Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2022 4:47 PM

Jan 2020
Ares912 said:
commonxreaction said:
Why would you touch the diarrhea? ಠ_ಠ

What the fuck did I just watch? This… wow. Uh, I never thought anything would top Berserk in terms of being fucked up, but, without a doubt, this episode is probably the most fucked up thing I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from this episode. Like, that was not what I needed to see at this point in my life. I feel like all the progress I made with overcoming my depression was just lost in the span of 23 minutes.

Lmao, if you think this is really fucked up then you are weak, and ofc, she did touch the diarrhea to analyze it's texture and that's how she found the eggs

Depression makes you weak. I dunno what you want me to tell you? I wake up every day upset that I didn't die in my sleep.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 17, 2022 4:47 PM
Jun 2020
I don't know how to feel about it, I know this is definitely CINEMA, but at the same time it's so disturbing, abhorrent and intriguing that it just leaves me speechless. Just wow. 10/10 and definitely one of the best episodes OF THE YEAR.

Aug 17, 2022 4:51 PM
May 2020
For me the most depressing and horrifying episode but one that had my attention all throughout. It’s been a few minutes since I finished it and my heart rate is still high, especially with what happened in those last few minutes. Such a unique and amazing show.
Aug 17, 2022 5:06 PM
Mar 2018
Ares912 said:
commonxreaction said:
Why would you touch the diarrhea? ಠ_ಠ

What the fuck did I just watch? This… wow. Uh, I never thought anything would top Berserk in terms of being fucked up, but, without a doubt, this episode is probably the most fucked up thing I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from this episode. Like, that was not what I needed to see at this point in my life. I feel like all the progress I made with overcoming my depression was just lost in the span of 23 minutes.

Lmao, if you think this is really fucked up then you are weak, and ofc, she did touch the diarrhea to analyze it's texture and that's how she found the eggs
man your so weak for finding a show fucked up that every other person in this thread also found fucked up, you clown fuck out of hear
Aug 17, 2022 5:08 PM
Oct 2012
so ummmm elephant in the room riko had diahrea not long ago shes been consuming water and partaking in the cuisine how will this story proceed damn great episode i love this show even if it bums me out a lot its so good at invoking emotions
Aug 17, 2022 5:35 PM

Jun 2013
sad but didnt really "hit". still one of the better eps so far.
Aug 17, 2022 5:36 PM
Dec 2018
When someone who doesn't believe in prophets writes a story pertaining to the concept, it comes across as an attempt to mock believers in the prophets, especially that of Abrahamic religions.

I've read the manga and finished this arc so I know where the story is heading. But honestly, taking into consideration how this anime conceptualized "god" in its first season, its conceptualization of "prophets" in this season doesn't make any sense. Who exactly is "inspiring" this so-called "prophet"? Fans can come up with all sorts of speculations and justifications, but I would say that's actually a plot hole. Just like there was a plot hole in the 1st season when Bondrewed said, "Omedetou Nanachi" in the final EP - if he can see what Nanachi sees, why would he go, "Oya? Hannou ga kiete imasune."
pispisAug 17, 2022 6:29 PM
Aug 17, 2022 5:57 PM
Feb 2021
My favourite episode so far; loving how dark they are taking it.
Aug 17, 2022 6:01 PM

Mar 2020
Piromysl said:
That Vazukyan guy couldn't be more obvious villain even if he would try.

He did his job, keeping his team alive.
Aug 17, 2022 6:02 PM

Mar 2020
Hail_h1tler said:
Are they still sexualizing the chibi cast cuz fck that if theyre still doing it

too cool to sexualize lolis, not to cool to be a literal nazi as your username implies
Aug 17, 2022 6:29 PM
Nov 2021
missing yuri scene, but great episode anyway!
Aug 17, 2022 6:38 PM
Nov 2020
Me at the end of the episode.. holy s$&&t they ate the kids! Wow this season is intense!
Aug 17, 2022 6:41 PM

Sep 2019
What the f*ck happened? That shit in the end was definitely unexpected.
Aug 17, 2022 6:50 PM
Mar 2021
This series is one of the most disturbing masterpieces I have seen in years or maybe ever. I hope this series is examined and used as a standard for adventure and horror anime for the future.

Aug 17, 2022 7:13 PM
Sep 2021
Amazing episode, but way is so disturbing I'll never rewatch this one.
Aug 17, 2022 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
yet another episode in which i remind myself i'm so put off from watching this arc of the show even more than usual due to it being so darn disgusting to watch "did we need to see that" crosses my mind so many times
thankfully it's at least carried by very interesting writing even if it continues to make me hate myself for seeing it
Aug 17, 2022 7:18 PM
Apr 2020
I love this series and how dark it gets. Be warned! It's just getting started!
Aug 17, 2022 7:30 PM

Jun 2021
Looks like we’re finally gonna be seeing just what happened to that expedition. And boy is it horrifying.

I really liked Irumyuui. Hearing her story and the life she had just kinda broke my heart a little. Poor kid has had it rough! I’m really glad she and Vueko found each other. They’ve both had extremely difficult lives.

But just when things seemed to be going well for the expedition, disaster strikes. Seeing Vueko straight up just grabbing Irumyuui’s diarrhea like that honestly made me gag a little. This “transformation” is terrifying. Everyone’s limbs just slowly deforming and liquifying…. Damn. Just when things look bleak they find an artifact.

I knew it had to be the water. It’s not even water, it’s some organism! No way anything in this place isn’t toxic and out to kill you, especially with how far down they are. Gotta hand it to Wazukyan. Dude hears the “water” is a deadly organism and just shrugs and takes a sip lol.

The “cradle of desire” is like the Monkey’s Paw, man. It grants you your wish alright…just not how you might have wanted it. Poor Irumyuui… jfc man. As if the transformation wasn’t bad enough, the “baby” being birthed. Fuckin hell, that’s some nightmare fuel. Each “kid” dying and dying and she can’t do fuck all to save them is some twisted shit. What the hell did she ever do to deserve this fate? Poor kid has been cast aside by her family and discarded by her society for the “sin” of being infertile. As if that wasn’t bad enough, now this? Fuck this “Golden City”.

I really hope Wazukyan didn’t do what I think he did though. I’m about to go Brad Pitt SE7EN here lol. What’s in the stew? What’s in the stew!? Fuck. I don’t even want to think about it tbh….goddamnit Wazukyan. Some “prophet” he turned out to be.
Aug 17, 2022 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, that was such a nasty cliffhanger. Wazukyan went full saviour at the end.

So yeah, this episode adapted infamous chapter 50 and I can say they did a fantastic job with it. The horrifying feeling I had while reading the manga was here... and what's worse, this shit was just the first part of Vueko's backstory. Things are just gonna get more fucked up from here on.

Now on a side note, there were two things the episode didn't adapt (to my surprise):
- Vueko's extra lines establishing that she couldn't have children because "her body was broken when she was small".
- Vueko having sex with the blue-haired girl.
Aug 17, 2022 8:34 PM
Apr 2022
Looks like meat is back on the menu bois. great episode.
Aug 17, 2022 8:38 PM
Mar 2015
Baby stew How to save a life
Aug 17, 2022 8:47 PM
Sep 2016
So dark episode. Holy fuck.
Aug 17, 2022 8:54 PM

Mar 2020
ChibiSpawn said:

unforgivable that they cut it off
first they removed vueko being horny for reg last ep, now this....
Aug 17, 2022 9:12 PM
Apr 2022
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
lol i was complaining about the girl just shitting but now they show actual shit LOL.

Are you actually surprised after of of the blood, piss, and barf that we’ve seen
Aug 17, 2022 9:19 PM
Feb 2021
This show is just getting more and more messed up
Aug 17, 2022 9:21 PM
Apr 2021
jesus that was fucked up
Aug 17, 2022 9:27 PM
Aug 2018
Made in Abyss was the first show I watched that didn't censor vomit.
I'm glad (and also not) that they're also the first show that I see that doesn't censor diarrhea, lol

So yes. That episode was definitely a thing that happened. Now I must live with it

(If it wasn't clear, I loved it. It was also horrifying)
Aug 17, 2022 9:43 PM

Apr 2018
Connort1998 said:
Ares912 said:

man your so weak for finding a show fucked up that every other person in this thread also found fucked up, you clown fuck out of hear

oof, seems like i triggered the snowflakes
Fight for All That's Beautiful in The World !

Aug 17, 2022 9:54 PM

May 2016
ChibiSpawn said:

What chapter is it? I want to see
Aug 17, 2022 10:04 PM
Dec 2017
tremendoooo el poder de ese huevo
Aug 17, 2022 10:12 PM

Sep 2020
I don't think any episode other than this could exemplify more that MIA isn't for everyone. Truly brutal stuff. I cried like a bitch seeing Irumyui losing the babies each and every time. That ending knocked me out. I have a lot to think about now.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Aug 17, 2022 10:12 PM

Sep 2018
Eating some dead kids, huh? Good episode, the soundtrack makes this show twice as good as well. One of the best soundtracks of I've heard.
Aug 17, 2022 10:20 PM
Feb 2022
You know what, Tsukushi-sensei was thinking about drawing Irumyuui's babies with a human-like look, but was prevented by his editor.
Aug 17, 2022 10:20 PM
Sep 2021
Interesting yet disturbing, as of is most of made in Abyss
Aug 17, 2022 10:26 PM
Jul 2014
10/10.............
Aug 17, 2022 10:39 PM

May 2021
Finally a decent chapter, I hope we have more backstory the next episode, 8/10 episode and the season stays at a decent 6/10.
Aug 17, 2022 10:54 PM
Oct 2019
Finally we getting more past story, but god damn this is dark..dark...

no way, Wazukyan feed Irumyuui baby to them? holy shit...
Aug 17, 2022 10:57 PM

Jul 2015
Reading the manga years ago at this part I was like: what the hell?

Watching the anime now Im like: what the hell?

To be honest due to how disgusting, stressful and frightening this part was, I was really expecting they would tone down the situation a little bit, I was shocked the first time I saw this part on the manga, it was most likely the peak of MIA "cursed" moments, even tho we've seen many of them already, as much as I love MIA, I couldn't help myself but to dislike what happened on this part of the story, but I guess that was the point, to hate it, to feel disgusted, so it did it very well.

I was watching this episode with a friend and our reactions by the end of the episode was priceless, even with me warning before about how disgusting this episode would be, that was beyond our expectations
Aug 17, 2022 11:37 PM
Sep 2021
Hmm, the wish to give birth is striking.
Aug 18, 2022 12:04 AM

Nov 2011
praisethevillain said:

I was wondering if Wazukyan was killing Irumyuui's children or they were just dying on their own? If they're already dead I don't see the issue with him feeding them to his people to save them.

Vueko mentions Irumyuui's children are born incapable of eating or drinking, so are all basically doomed to starve to death. Still fucked cause they are Irumyuui's "children", but considering it was eat her dead babies or let everyone die, it was an easy choice for Wazukyan.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Aug 18, 2022 12:14 AM
Aug 2021
It gave an informative backstory on the origins of the unknown suicide group "Ganja" and Iryumuyi's wishes,,,, waiting for next episode
Aug 18, 2022 12:45 AM
Apr 2020
i don't know what to say... i just feel dead inside
Aug 18, 2022 1:10 AM

Dec 2008
Made in Abyss from hell.
The toxic water was shocking, they will all die anyway at this point, even when eating others

Irumyuui's biggest dream was to bear children, who was the idiot giving her the wish granting item.
Irumyuui transform into a monster, give birth to creatures and getting cooked and eaten!
Or did they eat the dead creatures and not Irumyuui herself?

I already had the feeling in previous episodes, but Made in Abyss is a depressing show that mentally tortures the viewer.
I'm scared of the coming episodes, hopefully less disturbing content, but Vueko might snap next episode, so be prepared.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2022 1:54 AM

Dec 2017
I was really looking forward to this episode because I wanted so bad to see what anime-onlies would say, especially since I've read so many times that it couldn't get any worse and I was just thinking you're in for some shit lol. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I read that chapter but it felt as heart-wrenching animated, if not even more.

I love the way they're adapting it, being very true to the manga, but I'm a little cranky about them not adapting

Still, they did a good job in adapting the manga. Hyped for the next episode!
-Jiyuu-Aug 18, 2022 2:26 AM
Aug 18, 2022 2:14 AM

Sep 2020
What an episode! I mean they did show a lot of messed-up stuff, but it doesn't get to me anymore. Showing them use survival skills was interesting to watch and when they discovered that their only water source was full of eggs and not able to boil them was something else, bringing the intensity that high huh. Wazukyan, maaan this guy, what a mastermind, he had everything planned.
Aug 18, 2022 2:19 AM

May 2020
holy fuck
that was a roller-coaster of emotions
the ending left me speechless
I don't really blame Wazukyan for what he did
he had to save everyone
feel really bad for Irumyuui
the osts were amazing this ep
That was a bit too much tho
still a fantastic 10/10 anime
this is truly getting darker and darker
and a lot more depressing
the manga readers were right

Aug 18, 2022 2:35 AM

Jan 2019
What happened in this episode was such a grotesque mess. I absolutely LOVED IT
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Aug 18, 2022 2:42 AM

Oct 2009
This was a disturbingly good episode. The music used in this episode just made it all the more better.
Aug 18, 2022 3:06 AM
Dec 2021
Man, the fact she actually used her fingers to take some of those diarrhea poop, it almost made me throw up my mashed potatoes! Good thing computers don't feature a smell-o-meter, otherwise I would've been knocked out from that scene...
Aug 18, 2022 3:14 AM

Feb 2014
It wouldn't be Made In Abyss with out a dark and gruesome episode now, right?

On a serious note, this episode was very dark and brutal, showcasing the struggles that Vueko's group had when they first arrived at the Golden City and what they had to do in terms of food, water and knowing the area while keeping the effects of the curse to an absolute minimum.

Their undoing was the water which they thought would be fine to drink after boiling it. It gave almost all of them diarrhea (Seeing some of them touch their own diarrhea must've been tough to watch for some) and it was certainly looking bleak.

Irumyuui having the egg within her was cute at first, but it sparked an immense amount of suffering for her. The "children" she gave birth to kept dying as they had no means to being able to eat or drink anything. Poor girl... =(

The last minute of the episode was the toughest. Wazukyan was able to help Vueko and the others get better, but Vueko was horrified to find out that the food she was fed was Irumyuui's children, all mushed up into a paste-like substance. I can't blame her for looking so mortified about it, but labelling Wazukyan a villain here would be the wrong thing to do. Given the dire circumstances for his group, he was left with two choices. Either all of this group die from their issues or do the unthinkable in a gamble to save them. He went for the latter and it has paid off, no matter how gruesome it was.

The reveal easily left me completely speechless as the credits rolled as I struggled to digest all of what happened right in front of me. I'll say that this is one of the darkest episodes I've seen from my years watching anime, although I still have a slight feeling that this series isn't done yet with these types of episodes.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

405 by conquistadorr »»
Apr 21, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

300 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 11:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.