Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 16, 2022 6:40 AM
Jun 2022
Are the Gintama ratings on here accurate im planning to watch after I finish soul eater and I see all of it is rated 8.3+ and that’s really good almost unbelievable seeing how there’s a lot of it
Aug 16, 2022 6:43 AM
Jun 2022
It is, Gintama is fun, and strikes you with feelings here and there.
Aug 16, 2022 6:45 AM
Aug 2021
PhantasistaG said:
It is, Gintama is fun, and strikes you with feelings here and there.

gintama is amazing.
Aug 16, 2022 6:46 AM
Feb 2021
PK_Von said:
Are the Gintama ratings on here accurate im planning to watch after I finish soul eater and I see all of it is rated 8.3+ and that’s really good almost unbelievable seeing how there’s a lot of it

welp, it's the greatest anime OAT what you expect
Aug 16, 2022 6:58 AM
Apr 2022
Gintama is a masterpiece
Aug 16, 2022 6:59 AM
Nov 2020
PK_Von said:

eh I'd say many seasons of Gintama have the ratings a bit inflated, especially the 1st season's ratings. All I'm gonna say is that if you enjoy the 1st season just even just a tiny bit you're gonna love season 2. It's just uphill from here until the end of season 3 or 4(depends on how you number the series; basically the 2015 one) as that's basically the peak of Gintama for many people. Then next ones are kinda eh but the quality returns after a few more episodes. The final movie in my opinion is a masterpiece because of many things I can't say for now but I'm leaning more that you might feel dissatisfied by the movie like some of the people in the fandom. Over all, this series takes commitment but also ease your way of watching it because I'm warning you now, GINTAMA ISN'T A VERY DEEP PSYCHOLOGICAL THOUGHT PROVOKING EXPERIENCE. It's not an Evangelion nor a Berserk. Just let the characters draw you in instead of relying your expectations on scores. The reason people love Gintama because the way it connected to people its emotions through the blending of comedy and action.

(also dont wanna be that guy but it only really gets actually consistent in comedy and action in about 150+ for me at least. Not saying the episodes before are gonna be terrible just that they are sometimes hit and misses though still there's a more hits as you get closer to that mark.)
Jay_Burson-510Aug 16, 2022 7:03 AM
Aug 16, 2022 6:59 AM

Sep 2020
It's a really amazing series, I'm currently at s2.
Aug 16, 2022 7:02 AM

Jun 2021
It has high ratings for a reason. That said, it is pretty enjoyable, you'll definitely like it. Enjoy
Aug 16, 2022 7:08 AM
Nov 2020
It’s a masterpiece
Aug 16, 2022 7:11 AM

Jan 2020
I had the same thought process as you before I started watching and after finishing it, I now wish it lasted longer (though it ended perfectly imo)

Though you might find the first 30 episodes or so to be a bit slow, I suggest you push through since the show keeps getting better as you go on.
Aug 16, 2022 7:15 AM
Feb 2021
Gintama is peak no need to worry just jump in the world of gintama 🕊️.
Aug 16, 2022 7:15 AM
May 2022
Gintama is so good. I finished the series last month, now, I'm rewatching it again.
Aug 16, 2022 7:50 AM
Jan 2022
PK_Von said:

For me its the best anime ever made so I see no problem
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Aug 16, 2022 8:26 AM

Oct 2020
Jay_Burson-510 said:
PK_Von said:

eh I'd say many seasons of Gintama have the ratings a bit inflated, especially the 1st season's ratings. All I'm gonna say is that if you enjoy the 1st season just even just a tiny bit you're gonna love season 2. It's just uphill from here until the end of season 3 or 4(depends on how you number the series; basically the 2015 one) as that's basically the peak of Gintama for many people. Then next ones are kinda eh but the quality returns after a few more episodes. The final movie in my opinion is a masterpiece because of many things I can't say for now but I'm leaning more that you might feel dissatisfied by the movie like some of the people in the fandom. Over all, this series takes commitment but also ease your way of watching it because I'm warning you now, GINTAMA ISN'T A VERY DEEP PSYCHOLOGICAL THOUGHT PROVOKING EXPERIENCE. It's not an Evangelion nor a Berserk. Just let the characters draw you in instead of relying your expectations on scores. The reason people love Gintama because the way it connected to people its emotions through the blending of comedy and action.

(also dont wanna be that guy but it only really gets actually consistent in comedy and action in about 150+ for me at least. Not saying the episodes before are gonna be terrible just that they are sometimes hit and misses though still there's a more hits as you get closer to that mark.)

This the one, listen to this person please ☝️

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Aug 16, 2022 9:41 AM
Aug 2018
S1 is overrated IMO but everything after that is a masterpiece 100%
Aug 16, 2022 10:11 AM
Sep 2021
PK_Von said:

when you watch Gintama you gotta watch EVERYTHING even the filler is good
Aug 16, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 2022
Yeah Gintama is an absolute masterpiece
Aug 16, 2022 12:55 PM
Jun 2022
MissAnybody10 said:
PK_Von said:

Definitely gunna watch it but I’m not watching filler, out of the 130+ anime I’ve watched I’ve never watched a single filler episode in any
Aug 16, 2022 1:10 PM
Sep 2021
PK_Von said:
MissAnybody10 said:

Definitely gunna watch it but I’m not watching filler, out of the 130+ anime I’ve watched I’ve never watched a single filler episode in any

No no no, the filler in this anime is actually hilarious you gotta watch it
Aug 16, 2022 2:13 PM
Nov 2020
MissAnybody10 said:
PK_Von said:

I agree with you . The filler is hilarious 😆
Aug 16, 2022 2:23 PM

Feb 2020
PK_Von said:
MissAnybody10 said:

There are only like 5 or 6 episodes of filler in the entire series and, apart from the first 2 episodes, they are as good as the rest of the series.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Aug 16, 2022 3:02 PM
Nov 2020
PK_Von said:
MissAnybody10 said:

There are just a handful of filler episodes in this show since this is one of the first shonen to take occasional breaks instead of continuous airing. There are many kinds of fillers in the show. Fillers with just talking while having just a still image of their house happens on some occasions. Some fillers are them being meta and either talk about studio practices, movie teasers, countdowns, or mannequins (if you know it, you know it). The final type of filler are fillers with actual stories and often hard to distinguish from canon (apart from the first two episodes). Also while there are a handful of filler episodes, many of the fillers actually serves as padding for some episodes. This mostly includes the aforementioned filler types but also random 1-2 minute skits of randomness (happens on occasion around 152). I'd say just watch some of the filler even just after watching the entire series but then again if you hate fillers then that's just understandable. Also there is the second movie that's technically filler since it wasn't adapted from a manga it's actually the other way around but it's canon because the one who wrote the script is the mangaka himself.
Aug 16, 2022 8:10 PM

Jul 2021
lmao bro... ı dont thınk ı need to say anymore than that Gıntama lıterally ı repeat lıterally changed my lıfe... whenever ı remember Gıntokı, ı get remınded why posıtıvıty ıs ımportant ın lıfe... and ıt'll make you less edgy (not sayıng that u are) so that's a plus
Bro watchıng Gıntama ıs one of the 'You Must Do Before You Dıe' thıngs
btw Gıntama and Soul Eater are my top 2 anıme
Gıntama ı really belıeve ıs the GOAT. As for Soul Eater, ıts just a personal fvt :>
Aug 16, 2022 8:16 PM

Jul 2021
PK_Von said:
MissAnybody10 said:

bro u can do that wıth any anıme except Gıntama, trust me plzz... The only epısodes that you need to skıp are the very fırst two epısodes, that's all (cos those were specıfıcally for manga readers)
Agaın, I hıghly exaggerate no matter what dont skıp the fıller when ıt comes to Gıntama (altho ıt only has 6% fıller)
Aug 16, 2022 10:47 PM
Jul 2021
I find a lot of people will re rate arcs after it all the first bit can feel to some like a lot to get thew before any serious arcs or over arching plots. Although with this show it almost just serves as great world building and huge character showings and developments as the cast is so large. I would watch it slowly to avoid burnout at the start and also say it's best to watch after seeing or being familiar with a lot of popular shonen such as dbz (which prob gets mentioned the most), bleach, naruto, one piece, jojos, fist of the North Star and lots more it's okay if you don't get all of them just makes it more enjoyable as it's a parody.
Aug 18, 2022 1:33 AM
Dec 2020
PK_Von said:

No the ratings aren't accurate it's just the fans coming after the final and rating every season 10. season 1 is pretty mediocre but it picks up pace in the ending and S2 is also pretty good, most people never make it past S1 of Gintama cause they find it boring but everyone who has passed that point calls it a masterpiece, so it's like a hit or miss if you fw the comedy then you're good

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

almozayaf - Jul 28, 2009

95 by SPG_Anima »»
Apr 21, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Znote - Oct 3, 2009

107 by DaveyUwU »»
Apr 20, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

88 by decco6226 »»
Apr 16, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 128 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Aug 19, 2009

98 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 14, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.