Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 16, 2022 2:06 PM
May 2020
laughed a few times here. even when Ainz Ooal Gown takes an L, it's still a W🤣🤣🤣
Aug 16, 2022 2:12 PM
Feb 2017
subjugating two races in one episode, ah what a far cry from s2 lizard arc.

cool to see development in shalltear and a glimpse of demiurge at the end there to add to them always "understanding" ainz
good ep overall
Aug 16, 2022 2:16 PM

Apr 2020
I'm annoyed that Ainz and his team are bad or unwilling to take a moment to be reasonable and have a discussion with the people they want to subjugate for more than a mere moment. I guess that's why they are the bad guys. The clan leader, reasonably because he probably needed to live yet still annoyingly did not even bring up or question why the people Ainz sent would not give a 'reason' for why they are subjugating them and why they are powerful rulers. The clan leader at least said '60k of us, hard for us to submit without a good reason' but did not push towards the extra mile in talking with Ainz's people the first time or afterwards when Ainz arrived.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Aug 16, 2022 2:28 PM

May 2015
Yorginvik said:
I'm annoyed that Ainz and his team are bad or unwilling to take a moment to be reasonable and have a discussion with the people they want to subjugate for more than a mere moment. I guess that's why they are the bad guys. The clan leader, reasonably because he probably needed to live yet still annoyingly did not even bring up or question why the people Ainz sent would not give a 'reason' for why they are subjugating them and why they are powerful rulers. The clan leader at least said '60k of us, hard for us to submit without a good reason' but did not push towards the extra mile in talking with Ainz's people the first time or afterwards when Ainz arrived.

You realize Ainzs and crew aren't the good guys right?
Aug 16, 2022 2:30 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was extra funny, that chubby dragon looks like a nice addition to the team, Ainz even got a change to cover his butt for future mistakes he may do.
Aug 16, 2022 2:41 PM

May 2018
ngl I thought we would have an actual fight with the dragons, but of course Grasp Heart exists xD
Aug 16, 2022 2:48 PM
Apr 2022
Shalltear and Aura are such a cute duo together, and their friendship is growing stronger with each passing episode. Ainz dismantled the frost dragon’s lair without much effort, and even got two dragon bodies as additional compensation. This episode wasn’t very intense or action heavy, but still it was a really enjoyable experience. Now that this arc is over, it will be interesting to see what Ainz’s enemies will do in retaliation because of recent events...
thunderkitten13Aug 16, 2022 7:17 PM
Aug 16, 2022 2:48 PM
Aug 2021
Yorginvik said:

Overlord is about Ainz being a bad person, this is why Everyone love the show
Aug 16, 2022 2:51 PM
Apr 2021
Enrolação d+ mds
Aug 16, 2022 2:58 PM

Sep 2020
DeanP said:
Lmao Frost dragon died like a clown with Grasp heart

grasp heart is a 9th tier spell btw

would kill anyone below level 60 instantly

and the frost dragon was level 46
Aug 16, 2022 3:06 PM

Sep 2020
episode felt ever so slightly rushed but other than that it was great
Aug 16, 2022 3:10 PM

Feb 2014
YESS Sasuga Ainz-sama is back.Man Demiruge seems like that Ape together stronk monkey who overvalues his sapien leader.

DreadfulLaw said:
felt kinda bad for the quagoa, but subjugating those dragons was epicccc

Yeah prolly should have submitted earlier like the dragons did.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 16, 2022 3:16 PM

Sep 2007
Zprotu said:
DeanP said:
Lmao Frost dragon died like a clown with Grasp heart

Yes, which is why he attempted to use the spell to gauge the level of Hejinmal i.e. was he greater than level 60?

Aug 16, 2022 3:25 PM

Jan 2022
To the LN readers is their any significance in Ainz using the world item to get into the treasure room?
Aug 16, 2022 3:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahaha Ainz enslaved the dragons so fast as well as the other werewolves, they really thought they would stand a chance against full action Shalltear? Anyway that was great to see her that epic ❤ that's a huge success for Ainz as expected, great episode.
Aug 16, 2022 3:32 PM

Sep 2020
Allografter said:
Zprotu said:

Yes, which is why he attempted to use the spell to gauge the level of Hejinmal i.e. was he greater than level 60?

yeah makes sense, also Hejinmal is actually one of the weakest since he is a full-on NEET. He's around level 20-30
Aug 16, 2022 3:33 PM

Sep 2020
Mariklyn said:
To the LN readers is their any significance in Ainz using the world item to get into the treasure room?

it wasn't a world item
afaik its just a rare consumable item
Aug 16, 2022 4:47 PM
Aug 2022
I just love how it went even though lots of stuff or dialogs has been skipped but nevertheless it was okay. Just funny how they always misunderstood Ainz like the secondhand embarrassment lingers in me everytime.

Shalltear takes everything from Ainz literally while Demiurge takes it as calculating. Then there's Albedo who's h*rny everytime for Ainz.
Aug 16, 2022 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
All according to the plan xD
Now i assume the next big enemy will be the theocracy.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 16, 2022 4:55 PM
Aug 2019
I don't know about you guys, but the amount of time devoted to this single joke/plot convenience is getting frustrating. Just let interesting shit happen in your story!

I don't need to see the henchmen fawning over the overlord when they should be recognizing his flaws ... for the thousandth time. It ain't funny anymore. It hardly ever was funny. So stop doing it please and thank you.
Aug 16, 2022 5:23 PM
Dec 2012
These episodes feel like 5 minutes, great episodes this season
Aug 16, 2022 5:36 PM

May 2022
I know how strong Ainz is, but the dragons resolution was so fast!

I'm feeling bad for the Quagoas :(
Aug 16, 2022 5:45 PM

May 2015
Ainz really showed those dragons who's the boss by one shotting their hearts. Nice play by the dwarf and dragon to save all the moms. Albeit I don't know if it was intentional or not. Seemed kind of spur of the moment! I'm glad Shalltear got some much needed resolution to her internal strife of being brainwashed.
Aug 16, 2022 5:46 PM

Mar 2010
From beginning to end it was just one giant orgasmic ejaculation, Love this show more and more every episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 16, 2022 5:51 PM
Feb 2020
They couldn't come up with a cool way to kill the dragons, and they didn't even let us see shalltear fight.
Aug 16, 2022 6:24 PM
Mar 2022
this season is really gearing up to make a massive sorcerer kingdom arc
Aug 16, 2022 6:30 PM

Jan 2021
Inexplicable said:
I'm getting tired of annoying Shalltear stealing the screentime that should have belonged to Albedo lol. Although gotta admit, her standing on a pile of corpses looked pretty badass.
Also I wish there was an actual fight with dragons... Them surrendering in a matter of seconds felt too rushed imo

It's actually like this in the novel, just that in the novel there's the dragons point of view (some of their thoughts), They surrender this fast because their father a super strong dragon, is insta killed (shocking for them)
Aug 16, 2022 6:36 PM

Jan 2021
Akihap said:
I don't know if this is normal compared to the novel, but I felt that this episode was extremely rushed, the pace was extremely weird : It seemed like the characters never had time to talk. I love Overlord but this episode was one of the worst i have seen in term of pace in the Overlord series

I agree, there was no deph in every character actions (we couldn't see it), I think that they should have exposed a bit more the other part thoughts and emotions (like the absolute fear from the dragons and regret from pe riyuro)
Aug 16, 2022 6:38 PM

Jan 2021
Not sure if it s only me, but the animation was sometimes very bad, there was a lack of details..
Aug 16, 2022 7:24 PM
Apr 2022
ghier said:
I don't know about you guys, but the amount of time devoted to this single joke/plot convenience is getting frustrating. Just let interesting shit happen in your story!

I don't need to see the henchmen fawning over the overlord when they should be recognizing his flaws ... for the thousandth time. It ain't funny anymore. It hardly ever was funny. So stop doing it please and thank you.

Well, there’s a very good reason why it keeps happening: if they were to realize Ainz was not only less intelligent than them, but also was in fact just a mere mortal human behind an avatar, they would most likely deem him unworthy of their servitude, and destroy him. This thought has been mentioned a few times by Ainz, and actually ties into a lot of Ainz’s lies to the members of Nazarick. The only one who sees through Ainz’s charade is Pandora’s Actor, but he respects Ainz too much as he is his creator. It may be annoying but it makes complete sense within the confines of the character development that has already been established, so it’s not as if it is just random. I can empathize with it being annoying a tiny bit but there’s really no other way to write around it, even as a throwaway gag because every time Ainz does anything, his subordinates will inevitable question his motivations and applaud him for his supposed genius.
Aug 16, 2022 7:26 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The Quagoa clan lord is surprisingly wise and level-headed, I was expecting him to just assault Shalltear along with all his 60,000 subordinates.

Glad to see even the monster enemies don't all think like some brute ogres and know what's better for them in the future :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 16, 2022 7:28 PM

Apr 2020
billybub said:
Yorginvik said:

You realize Ainzs and crew aren't the good guys right?

Yeah. But as I understand it, Ainz values good communication. I'm basically complaining that Ainz is a hypocrite (which is a 'duh') because both him and his minions follow their version of diplomacy and as far as nazerick is considered, their version is the best.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Aug 16, 2022 7:31 PM

Apr 2020
SuntProstMare said:
Overlord is about Ainz being a bad person, this is why Everyone love the show

Pretty much yup. But personally I don't consider Ainz is a very bad dude.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Aug 16, 2022 7:49 PM
Aug 2019
thunderkitten667 said:
ghier said:

Well, there’s a very good reason why it keeps happening: if they were to realize Ainz was not only less intelligent than them, but also was in fact just a mere mortal human behind an avatar, they would most likely deem him unworthy of their servitude, and destroy him. This thought has been mentioned a few times by Ainz, and actually ties into a lot of Ainz’s lies to the members of Nazarick. The only one who sees through Ainz’s charade is Pandora’s Actor, but he respects Ainz too much as he is his creator. It may be annoying but it makes complete sense within the confines of the character development that has already been established, so it’s not as if it doesn’t make sense. I can empathize with it being annoying a tiny bit but there’s really no other way to write around it even as a throwaway gag because every time Ainz does anything his subordinates will inevitable question his motivations for doing it and applaud him for his supposed genius.

Idk man, I think it would be amazing for the personalities of the NPC’s to start branching out a bit more. Maybe question where their priorities lie because of some realized misperceptions around Ainz and influences of the world they were transported into. That way, you’d have more than just world domination as a plot and with some interesting character developments.

Like I don’t care too much if everything makes perfect sense. Logical consistency is important, but it’s not the only or even most essential aspect. As it is right now, there really isn’t a single interesting character among the main group. And only a mildly interesting plot.

Here’s some ideas:

• Demiurges realizes that Ainz isn’t as capable as he thought, and begins to wonder if he could best him in a battle of wits. Maybe he even comes to believe that Ainz desires such a battle, and sees it as a way to serve him by obliging.
  • Albedo could have the same realization. Maybe she becomes jealous and decides that she wants Ainz to be a plaything like Climb is for Princess Renner.
  • Sebas could decide to leave the tomb to live with that girl he saved, abandoning his loyalty to the supreme ones.
  • And there are probably other options to work with.

Any of those ideas and others can be made logically consistent by changing some things here and there, and they’re way more interesting ideas for the direction of the plot than what the creator has chosen to go with.

You could even have it culminate in Ainz having mental breakdown with a repeat of what happened before the start of the show … all his friends leaving him.
Aug 16, 2022 8:04 PM
Apr 2022
ghier said:
thunderkitten667 said:

Well, there’s a very good reason why it keeps happening: if they were to realize Ainz was not only less intelligent than them, but also was in fact just a mere mortal human behind an avatar, they would most likely deem him unworthy of their servitude, and destroy him. This thought has been mentioned a few times by Ainz, and actually ties into a lot of Ainz’s lies to the members of Nazarick. The only one who sees through Ainz’s charade is Pandora’s Actor, but he respects Ainz too much as he is his creator. It may be annoying but it makes complete sense within the confines of the character development that has already been established, so it’s not as if it doesn’t make sense. I can empathize with it being annoying a tiny bit but there’s really no other way to write around it even as a throwaway gag because every time Ainz does anything his subordinates will inevitable question his motivations for doing it and applaud him for his supposed genius.

Idk man, I think it would be amazing for the personalities of the NPC’s to start branching out a bit more. Maybe question where their priorities lie because of some realized misperceptions around Ainz and influences of the world they were transported into. That way, you’d have more than just world domination as a plot and with some interesting character developments.

Like I don’t care too much if everything makes perfect sense. Logical consistency is important, but it’s not the only or even most essential aspect. As it is right now, there really isn’t a single interesting character among the main group. And only a mildly interesting plot.

Here’s some ideas:

• Demiurges realizes that Ainz isn’t as capable as he thought, and begins to wonder if he could best him in a battle of wits. Maybe he even comes to believe that Ainz desires such a battle, and sees it as a way to serve him by obliging.
  • Albedo could have the same realization. Maybe she becomes jealous and decides that she wants Ainz to be a plaything like Climb is for Princess Renner.
  • Sebas could decide to leave the tomb to live with that girl he saved, abandoning his loyalty to the supreme ones.

Any of those ideas and others can be made logically consistent by changing some things here and there, and they’re way more interesting ideas for the direction of the plot than what the creator has chosen to go with.

You could even have it culminate in Ainz having mental breakdown with a repeat of what happened before the start of the show … all his friends leaving him.

Well, the plot of Overlord at the moment isn’t necessarily world domination. Ainz wants to be able to protect his kingdom and loved ones, so he is learning as much about the world as possible while also becoming a formidable force so others won’t easily threaten him. It’s the whole reason Albedo has become Nazarick’s ambassador and is on a mission to create trade for their new kingdom. Meanwhile, Demiurge is creating as many magical tools and items as possible at his farms for both security and to create income. That being said, what you mentioned does sound interesting. Then again, who is to say that all this will not come to pass anyways? Most likely Ainz’s mortality and humanity will be unveiled at some point, and at that moment will come the reckoning of truth, whether the guardians will decide to continue serving him or rebel and take over his kingdom. Honestly, this is most likely what everything is leading up to inevitably anyways.
Aug 16, 2022 8:16 PM
Aug 2019
thunderkitten667 said:
ghier said:

Here’s some ideas:

Well, the plot of Overlord at the moment isn’t necessarily world domination. Ainz wants to be able to protect his kingdom and loved ones, so he is learning as much about the world as possible while also becoming a formidable force so others won’t easily threaten him. It’s the whole reason Albedo has become Nazarick’s ambassador and is on a mission to create trade for their new kingdom. Meanwhile, Demiurge is creating as many magical tools and items as possible at his farms for both security and to create income. That being said, what you mentioned does sound interesting. Then again, who is to say that all this will not come to pass anyways? Most likely Ainz’s mortality and humanity will be unveiled at some point, and at that moment will come the reckoning of truth, whether the guardians will decide to continue serving him or rebel and take over his kingdom. Honestly, this is most likely what everything is leading up to inevitably anyways.

If it is, it’s taking it’s damn time. The jokes are making it seem like the author has no intention of going that route and would prefer a steady plot about Ainz and Nazarick extending it’s influence throughout the world and overcoming everything in it’s path.
Aug 16, 2022 9:17 PM
May 2019
It was funny watching Shalltear fangirl the whole time.
Aug 16, 2022 9:36 PM
Feb 2020
Season has been boring as hell.
Aug 16, 2022 9:37 PM
Apr 2021
I loved this episode holy shit it was phenomenal I loved shalltear’s character development she’s so cute the way she was grateful that Ainz was just trying to make her insights better and Shalltear and Aura are the cutest duo I’ve ever seen I love the dynamics from the both of them🥹 and grasp heart is legit the most op shit I’ve ever seen since ‘Touch of Death’😭
Aug 16, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2016
Nerdy dragon saved his entire race by bowing down in the right moment. Sasuga, Hejinmal-san!
Aug 16, 2022 10:00 PM
Jul 2022
Finally another fight
Aug 16, 2022 10:22 PM

Jun 2021
I had a feeling this plan to get the dragons to fight the dwarves wasn't gonna turn out the way that Riyuro was hoping for.

Olasird’arc and his dragon goons really had no idea what was about to happen. Poor Hejinmal the NEET dragon, he’s not cut out for this stuff lol. You know who he reminds me of? Ainz lol. He looks badass but he’s actually a goof deep down. That’s totally Ainz! I love that Hejinmal just gave up the minute Ainz was about to make his move lol. Smart dragon! Ainz calling dude fat was pretty funny, but him literally pissing himself after Aura made him submit is hilarious hahaha. Shalltear though… girl, no lol. Don’t piss yourself like an animal! Listen to Aura! I love how big of a goof she is even if she’s pretty scary sometimes. I do kind of love how Shalltear was actually right about Ainz not knowing about the Death Knights. Like for once she actually guessed it, it’s Aura overestimating Ainz like everyone else that made her second guess herself lol.

But damn dude, my guy Ainz crushed Olasird’arc’s heart like a damn tomato lol. Guess Ainz has the dragons under his rule now plus all that sweet loot. Man, Shalltear and those damn Quagoa though. Riyuro really just culled his own people like that huh? Ainz didn’t show his hand earlier because this scrub wasn’t even on his radar. I guess the remaining Quagoa are under Ainz’s control now.

That end was hilarious lol. Oh, Shalltear! She can be so precious sometimes. Plus Demiurge, oh boy. Ainz has got to watch what he says around that dude, man. What IS Demiurge understanding indeed! haha.
Aug 16, 2022 10:24 PM
Apr 2022
Great ep. as always. I like that this season is more about Ainz and his guardiens.
Aug 16, 2022 11:33 PM

Nov 2019
Quagua part was confusing like why didn't the Quagua king stopped the fight early

Was the plan to cull them to that number or let it do it to themselves and the quagua king understood so he let Shalltear do it instead of themselves?
Aug 17, 2022 3:06 PM
Dec 2016
blood, blood great episode only this massacre weak :(
Aug 17, 2022 3:19 PM
Mar 2019
Love Shalltear's shredding of the enemy.
Aug 17, 2022 4:10 PM

Mar 2021
Well I'm kind of sad that they cut the Dwarven kingdom arc so much because it was a really great arc. On the upside though that means there is half a season left for volume 14 which is probably tied for my favorite arc with the Holy Kingdom so hopefully it will live up to the source material.

The CGI of this episode was kind of reminiscent of the that of the goblin army which isn't exactly a good thing. I kind of feel like they undersold the Quagoa massacre like obviously they couldn't be as brutal as the source but still it could have been done up better like they didn't even mention the fact the thing Aura used was a world item for crying out loud!

So yea the dwarven arc was cut incredibly short so I really hope they make up for it with the The Witch of the Falling Kingdom arc. I guess we will have to see.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Aug 17, 2022 4:19 PM
Jun 2022
10 000 years to 1 day ... for strategic mindings .. too fun!

I was confused by some words from demiurge "so deploying undeads as worker will turn the world to be dependent from you !"
Ainz .. "what are we talking too ????"

And In fact I think I found this .. in the first episode of the 4th season at around 16:19 Ainz said as nothing "Undeads are untired, they are far more efficients than usual worker"

In the 4th episode, Ainz said that he want that its domaine should be a "honeypot".

In another episode starting by the boring review of data, Ainz do not understand all the reports (which have been written with a magic compter printer it seems .. lol ) but at the end he react to the fact the erantel as a big issue with lack of resources.!

All these micro genious words said more or less by hasard or out of mind from him are collected and assembled by all people around him as if he was thinking about that and used to build the future .. and all lieutenants because they don't have the whole story are persuaded that this is a intentional strategie from Ainz ..

That is from my point of view the most clever topic of this anime .. and I am glad to see it !! really!
jerrykhanAug 17, 2022 4:46 PM
Aug 17, 2022 5:20 PM

Sep 2015
Just as expected from my favourite anime, it just deservers a 5 star for this ep as well.
Aug 17, 2022 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
poor Quagoa! massacred like a colony of ants down to oblivion!
4/5.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2022

485 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

294 by Zprotu »»
Feb 18, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

243 by adbeaver »»
Feb 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

320 by adbeaver »»
Feb 14, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2022

270 by adbeaver »»
Feb 13, 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.