Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2022 11:18 PM

Oct 2020
Question to anyone who thought part 1 was super boring and by extension the other earlier parts but still stuck through it and became a fan. What made you continue watching the series?

For me it was basically when I started watching Anime I got into HXH because of super eyepatch wolf. And of course as a rite of passage all HXH fans will brag about their power system(including me). But then as i kept watching youtube videos about how amazing HXH power system is, i kept hearing that Jojo stands are equal to Nen so I got curious. This actually made me sit through part one even though i thought it was braindead boring. When I finally got to part 3 i still think it wasnt as good as nen. I also thought first half of part 3 was super boring. But for some reason I still kept going and apparently now its my favorite anime of all time and i love stands as a power system.

So what was ur guys story?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 15, 2022 11:31 PM
Jan 2021
I like Jojo for more than just the power system. To me the characters are just so much fun to watch and always keep me entertained for the full episode. The fights are really cool though since they don't come down to who can punch harder and instead are strategic like HxH fights. I also really appreciate the music of this series as well as the western music references that this series is so well known for. To me Jojo is just a complete package all wrapped up in one over the top and amazingly flamboyant masterpiece. HxH is also amazing though
Aug 15, 2022 11:31 PM
Mar 2021
I just kept at it for the memes and the poses, I would repose every pose that I saw, and lol weirdly enough, I love jojo too!
Aug 15, 2022 11:33 PM
Dec 2021
I did watched jojo like in mid 2021 got bored and could barely watched part 2. Dropped it and came back this year, watched it for the memes but got so invested into it that I decided to not watch it for the memes. Now I am in part 5 ep 9 to caught up with part 6 and beyond.
Aug 15, 2022 11:33 PM
Sep 2021
mine is, i still stay and finished phantom blood cause' i like jonathan gentleman vibe.
Aug 15, 2022 11:36 PM
Aug 2021
My sister was watching it, I only paid attention half of the time. I only got into it after Caesar died.
Aug 15, 2022 11:45 PM
Aug 2022
ChiefDestiny said:
Question to anyone who thought part 1 was super boring and by extension the other earlier parts but still stuck through it and became a fan. What made you continue watching the series?

For me it was basically when I started watching Anime I got into HXH because of super eyepatch wolf. And of course as a rite of passage all HXH fans will brag about their power system(including me). But then as i kept watching youtube videos about how amazing HXH power system is, i kept hearing that Jojo stands are equal to Nen so I got curious. This actually made me sit through part one even though i thought it was braindead boring. When I finally got to part 3 i still think it wasnt as good as nen. I also thought first half of part 3 was super boring. But for some reason I still kept going and apparently now its my favorite anime of all time and i love stands as a power system.

i started Jojo because I saw a part of the 5th season and i decided to watch "that anime", later i began to watch it not only for that but also for the memes and now i really enjoy the series
Aug 15, 2022 11:52 PM

Sep 2020
Probably because I know Jojo is mostly known for later parts, and I'm curious about what is in those parts.
Also the simplest reason is that I don't really drop any anime.
Aug 16, 2022 12:04 AM

Jan 2020
I didnt really like Part 1 that much but kinda pushed my way through it since I assumed the later parts were gonna be better (Part 2 proved me right and Parts 3 and 4 cemented my love for JoJos).

Though this was because of my past experiences with long running series such as One Piece, Berserk and Hunter X Hunter, where judging (and maybe dropping) the entire series from the very first arc alone would have been a big mistake.
Aug 16, 2022 12:16 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The bizarre and unpredictable things in JoJo are the main attraction of this show, I could never guess what would happen in JoJo next ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 16, 2022 1:32 AM

May 2017
I might be the odd one out, but I liked the series from the start and later parts made me love it even more.
Aug 16, 2022 1:57 AM
May 2021
i really liked jonathan and honestly was so upset with his end that I even surprised myself. and then joseph came around and i became a fan, best jojo imo. so i just kept on watching because it quickly became a comfort series for me
Aug 16, 2022 2:05 AM
Apr 2021
ok so
I found part 1 good, not so boring like everyone says and also it's not long.
I continued jojo because watching I think watching the first season of any anime and not continuing it is wrong. In fact the other seasons satisfied me
Aug 16, 2022 2:06 AM
Apr 2021
Cembri said:
ok so
I found part 1 good, not so boring like everyone says and also it's not long.
I continued jojo because watching I think watching the first season of any anime and not continuing it is wrong. In fact the other seasons satisfied me

I meant parts* not seasons
Aug 16, 2022 2:26 AM
Mar 2022
all parts was very cool
Aug 16, 2022 2:39 AM
Oct 2021
I liked all the parts, idk why y'all think part 1 is bad
Aug 16, 2022 3:18 AM
Jun 2022
I just knew that it got good in the later parts and I also just watched for the memes and poses
Aug 16, 2022 3:39 AM
Jan 2021
I did get bored for the 1st season but not after that
Aug 16, 2022 3:41 AM
Aug 2021
bro , get a goby cuz he made me get trough part 1 , now im at part 3 and i like it very very very very much and I recommand you to watch all
Aug 16, 2022 3:55 AM
Jun 2021
I didn't find it boring but for some reason I couldn't binge it even when I actually enjoyed watching it
The season 1 was really interesting & the characters are just so good that you can't stop praising it and as of now I have just finished till Battle Tendency

Whenever I might get chance, I will start Stardust Crusader
Aug 16, 2022 4:37 AM
Aug 2019
Memes. The D.N.A. of the soul!
Aug 16, 2022 5:02 AM
Nov 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

It was the memes for me. Plus the fact that I am Italian and i heard part 5 is all in Italy and has a lot of Italian names/tropea, By the time a got to part 4 I hot super into the series and it was the best choice i made :)
Aug 16, 2022 5:30 AM

Aug 2022
Part 1 is awesome y'all are cappin.
Aug 16, 2022 7:03 AM
Oct 2020
Part 1 really made me bored at the first time, but didn't dropped the whole series as I was rooting for all the memes, poses, and references I've been seeing on social media. Especially, Part 3 because of Jotaro and Dio which is one of the best highlights of the series. Part 2 came and Joseph really caught my attention because of his personality which made me finished the whole series. As I continue watching JOJO, the series became more enjoyable and colorful, considering the vast amount of characters you will love and the head banger sountracks. Honestly, I didn't realize that I've heard many of the songs in JOJO from the net which really surprised me. So yeah, JOJO!
Aug 16, 2022 7:41 AM
Aug 2021
It was just so awesome to me that I had to keep watching
Aug 16, 2022 7:54 AM
Oct 2021
same here i dropped Jojo part 1 ar 10th ep. after a long time I jst wanted to start again and I completed all part in 4 weeks
Aug 16, 2022 8:41 AM
Apr 2022
Am I the only one who enjoyed part 1?
Aug 16, 2022 8:56 AM
Aug 2022
I was so bored that I stopped it after watching 7 episodes. Then, when I was spoiled about the end of the story, I decided to continue it for two more episodes. After watching part 2, I couldn't stop watching and slowly it became my favourite anime of all time.
Aug 16, 2022 9:02 AM
Mar 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

part q was whatever for me which I expected from what I'd heard, then I watched part two and I loved it so I definitely wasn't gonna drop it and the part 3 happened it was boring at time but the cast and the new battle system kept me going though I did take a break around 17ish eps into part 3 and from when they got to Egypt it was smooth sailing from there the later half of p3 and parts 4,5&6 are amazing though I haven't read p7 I plan to after I vagabond
Aug 16, 2022 9:06 AM
Aug 2021
stand is utilised in later parts very well
Aug 16, 2022 9:13 AM
Jul 2020
Part 1 and 2 are better then part three wish they stuck with Hamon instead of almost completely dropping it (besides one character) I think Joseph is the best JoJo and most other JoJos aren’t as like-able. I think that he has a lot more personality then other JoJos.
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
Aug 16, 2022 9:57 AM
Sep 2020
No part of jojo was boring imo people just set their expectations too high while I had none
Aug 16, 2022 10:01 AM

Mar 2021
the osts just fucking slap

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Aug 16, 2022 12:24 PM
Mar 2021
Stands and Nen are apples and oranges. Sure you can compare them, but they have one thing in common... they're both powers systems. Jojo follows the rule of cool, can't say what hxh power system but I hear it's really complex.
Aug 16, 2022 5:58 PM
Aug 2021
Tbh, the whole hook of naming characters after bands, songs, musicians & albums was what drew me in initially. I also really enjoyed Pt. 1, which I’ve come to find is a little less common than I’d have expected? Pt. 2 was where I was getting a tiny bit bored, & while I loved the introduction of Stands in Pt. 3, it felt a little long in the tooth in my opinion.

Pt. 4 was when I really grew to love it, and Pt. 5 solidified it, despite some clunkiness toward the end of it. Here’s to hoping Pt. 6 manages to maintain the zany vibe of the manga; I might loathe its release schedule, but I really like Jolyne & the setting they chose for her story!
Aug 16, 2022 7:06 PM
Aug 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

Part 2 kept me going, watching part 2 is way more fun.
Aug 16, 2022 8:43 PM
Jul 2022
Your story is a bit similar to mine. I thought the show wasn't that amazing at first and dropped it about a year back in part 1.

Then I rewatched it this year, around the beginning of 2022 and holy shit everything sucked me in from the beginning. Even part 1 is amazing, I just looked at it and saw buff guys talking constantly at first, but it wasn't really that upon rewatching it, it's just kinda the show's style, and the show sticks with it like glue.

And then when part 3 came along, I was even more blown away with how freaking creative the entire thing was, JoJo fights are like no other fights in any other show. It's just JoJo. And it's amazing to watch through the first time, and every part since just kept bringing more and more new ideas, and MY GOD THE VILLIANS.

I'm biased towards a good villian, and JoJo fucking nails every single one. This show has the best villians in any show, period. DIO is my actual favorite villian of all time, he's just perfect.

I can't even say this show is THAT good, I gave it a 7 throughout all parts. But it's just JoJo and that's all I can say for why I like it's so much.
Aug 16, 2022 9:15 PM

Jun 2020
I started JoJo for memes and the flamboyant Italian male stripper's theme. I watched like 5 episodes of Part 1 in 2020 and dropped it hard. I still enjoyed the memes though. It won't be until the bizarre summer of 2021 that I pick it up back and fall in love with it. I watched till Part 4(my favorite animated part) and read the manga for Part 5, 6 and 7. This was when I fully embraced the memes, the references and the culture.
Aug 16, 2022 10:05 PM
Feb 2021
Unpopular opinion incoming. Don't ora ora me Jojo fans.

I enjoyed first season's introduction of Hamon and the family of Joestars. Second season with Joseph was peak JOJO for me.
After they got rid of Hamon and introduced new Jojo Jotaro i felt like those stands were too OP. Jotaro carried the show alright but he felt more bland. He was just badass nothing more. Joseph was more entertaining imo and still badass.

Joseph was fighting vampires as human with just his skill, whit and hard training...
The power of stands felt less heroic, they just had to be born with those powers. On the other hand, Hamon wasn't exclusive power with which you had to be born with, you had to earn it and it's powers the hard way.

Anyways I watched till the the Dio was killed by Jotaro. With his death the memes I wanted to witness with my own eyes were implanted in my brain as core memory.

Then I tried another season I think like 3-4 episodes. Art was different protagonist was again different, Joseph wasn't present. Dropped, never came back.
I miss Hamon man. Simpler times less colorful. I'm getting old.
Aug 16, 2022 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
I first got introduced to Jojo through the J-Stars Victory VS game. I thought Jonathan Joestar was really cool in the game. So, I gave the TV series a try some time when I was in high school. I don't really remember what my feelings were towards Part 1 and Part 2 of Jojo back then since I watched anime casually and didn't have any affiliation with MAL to worry about ratings. I know at some point I dropped Jojo in the first part of Part 3. I just loss interest at the time for whatever reason. And then when I tried rewatching the Jojo series a while later, I found it hard to make it through Part 1. So then, I went for the manga. And I'm really enjoying it. I'm currently on Part 5. I ended up enjoying Part 1 a lot more in the manga than when I tried rewatching it in the anime for some reason. Part 2 is my least favorite part so far. I just felt like Joseph was kind of OP with his ability to flip bad situations in his favor. Part 3 dragged a lot. But it got really good as Jotaro and his group got further along in their journey. And then Part 4 is my most favorite part so far with Part 1 coming in second. I just really liked the Stand battles and the mystery aspect of Part 4. And it had a really solid final arc.
Aug 16, 2022 10:49 PM
Jul 2021
Mainly the musical references, unique animation/design and humour
Aug 17, 2022 3:42 PM
Jun 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

Watched episode 1, saw a dog get killed by an evil brat, wanted to watch said brat be killed, lived every second of it.

I think the first thing people should know about jojos is that if the storytelling feels odd, it is a story written in the mid 80’s so ofc its going to be weird compared to most anime people watch these days. Its one of the og shonen battle manga its surprisingly complicated for what it is.
Aug 17, 2022 4:05 PM
Jan 2022
I just thought that if people loved JoJo so much there had to be a good reason, and I thought that the show had more to offer than the kinda boring beginning.
Aug 18, 2022 10:08 AM
Mar 2022
ChiefDestiny said:

At first, when I started watching Jojo's, the part 1 was so boring but all the good things that I had heard about Jojo's made me continue watching it. When I reached part 2 I realized that it was so good and enjoyable. Now, maybe my favourite part is part 3, Jotaro and the beautiful personalities of Avdol, Pollnaref, Kakyoin and Joseph completely got me.

Sorry if I had some mistakes, I'm from Argentina and I'm still learning English. :D
Aug 18, 2022 7:08 PM
Aug 2022
ChiefDestiny said:

I really enjoyed part 1 and 2 but also thought part 3 was sub par. It is the most popular arc but my least favorite for sure. 5 stands at the top for me right now, followed by part 4. depending on the rest of stone ocean it may be my second favorite.
Aug 18, 2022 7:12 PM
Aug 2022
AlexPlayer said:
I might be the odd one out, but I liked the series from the start and later parts made me love it even more.

I'm with you. I don't get these dorks - "I like the memes so that's why I watch" - as if it's not a fantastic series.
The author has been writing JOJO since the 80s. It stands as on the greats.
Aug 19, 2022 8:46 AM
Jan 2021
I actually adore the earlier parts of the series. I love the over dramatic narration of speedwagon and the simplicity of Hamon's power system. While I do prefer the later parts, I genuinely love all the parts of Jojo.
Aug 20, 2022 2:03 AM
May 2022
loved the way the different mcs were of different generations/era and cameos from the previous jojo were cool
Aug 21, 2022 1:46 AM
Jun 2021
Ok.. I watched JoJo seeing all those JoJo references and memes not to mention I hated them but I decided to watch the show anyways when I watched JoJo part 1 I was interested how it will transition to stands from hamon so apparently I kept watching and became the thing I hated the most which is a JoJo fan, and now I don't miss a chance screaming "is that a JoJo reference?"
Aug 21, 2022 12:21 PM
May 2020
Because the style and aesthetic of the anime is unique/ no anime looks like it. The characters are also fun and the plot is goofy as hell.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Apr 5, 2013

451 by toyupulk »»
Apr 13, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Favourite Jojo?

PushedCaraway - Apr 12

0 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 12, 6:33 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

30 by 13anana »»
Apr 2, 8:09 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Oct 5, 2012

445 by Zach_Murray »»
Feb 25, 5:03 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

165 by E_Go »»
Feb 24, 5:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.