Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2022 3:52 AM

May 2021
It is clear that 2 movies are not enough to fully adapt rest of the story.
I think first movie will focus on karasuno vs nekoma and may show fukuroudani vs mujinazaka in very short or not show at all
and may be 1st set of kamomodei vs karasuno
In second movie they will show rest of kamo vs karasuno and after the timeskip
I don't think matches will be as long as in tv series.

Its just my personal speculation and my wish.
How do you think they will adapt?
And how do you want it to adapt ?

Aug 14, 2022 8:06 AM
Sep 2019
I think they fucked themselves in the ass by making only 2 movies.

I don't know if they will manage this, but it's as big of a mess as the 2nd season of Promised Neverland was

What they should have done is either make 3 more seasons, or 3 movies
1st movie/ 5th season: Fully cover Karasuno vs Nekoma, (and an OVA for Fukurodani in case of the movie)
2nd movie/ 6th season: Fully cover Karasuno vs Kamomodei
3rd movie/ 7th season: Brazil arc and the final match

I highly doubt they will split a match halfway through, especially because an ending to a match is always a good way to finish a season/match. And the beginning of Itachiyama vs Karasuno was kinda dumb, like we had to wait a year for season 4 part 2, they could have split it 11 - 13 in episode count.

But that said, Haikyuu will still be a 10/10 series, and it doesn't matter what the studio does, cuz the manga is peak fiction and Brazil Arc is top 3 best arcs in all of manga
Jan 10, 2023 2:15 AM
Aug 2018
Well we might get sequel to movie later if they not cover as we saw how many final season aot just had. But if they really try to cocer all remaining ch in 2 movies it definitely gonna be of promise neverland s2 level
Jan 10, 2023 4:28 AM

Feb 2020
There are two ways.
Case 1
Movie 1 -karasuno vs nekoma  and other matches off screen or cameo
Movie 2 - kamomodei vs karasuno with last 20 mins atmost time skip

Case 2
Movie 1 - entire nationals
Movie 2 - training and time skip
AdampkJan 10, 2023 5:00 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 19, 2023 2:06 PM
Aug 2019
Adampk said:
There are two ways.
Case 1
Movie 1 -karasuno vs nekoma  and other matches off screen or cameo
Movie 2 - kamomodei vs karasuno with last 20 mins atmost time skip

Case 2
Movie 1 - entire nationals
Movie 2 - training and time skip

I definitely think we're going option 1 route.

Karasuno vs Nekoma is by far the most hyped up match in the series so it needs a movie by itself. Fukurodani vs Mujinazaka will 100% be skipped (they could potentially do one or two OVAs before the 2nd movie, but I doubt it).

Then Kamomedai for the 2nd movie and ending it with a tiny bit of the timeskip mainly because the ending of Nationals is incredibly depressing and not satisfying for a final movie. The Brazil stuff will either skip the part with Oikawa or Heitor, definitely not enough time for all of it. BJ vs AD will be skipped but they could potentially end the movie on the 1st point of the match. If instead they end it with the Olympics the Oikawa in Brazil part needs to be adapted for sure (and skip all of Heitor and BJ vs AD), but it's hard to see how they could make that work.

Reason why I don't think option 2 is even humanly possible is that Nationals as a whole is way too much while the final arc has some awful pacing and it jumps around in time almost every chapter. Only the 4th set of BJ vs AD has good pacing, everything before contains so many flashbacks per chapter that it would disrupt the pacing of the match (or arc, with Brazil) really badly. You'd need a complete overhaul of the pacing to work around it. It's not ideal at all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.