Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 29, 2010 6:14 AM

Aug 2009
llamaben said:
garfield15 said:
Meh, I had a few giggles, but worst episode so far.
How can you call this the worst episode so far compared to the disastrous first ep... Easily the best ep so far.

I guess it's cause I read the first chapter of the manga so I knew what to expect. This episode just felt disjointed from the previous three.

I forgot to add, I liked when Nozomi was "Nyaa'ing" into the fan with a big goofy smile on her face.
Apr 29, 2010 6:15 AM

Jan 2009
"Ah~"
"Ah~~"
"Nyaa~"
And repeat.

And they could've played some less table tennis >.>
I mean.. 30sec at most would've been fine.

Interesting situation in the cottage though. (Read: cliche situation)
To be honest though, I wouldn't actually mind if something somewhat indecent would've happened there. At least it wouldn't be "just like all other" romcoms : p

Anyway, Kaho <3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 29, 2010 6:37 AM

Aug 2008
garfield15 said:
This episode just felt disjointed from the previous three.
Disjointed, yes. But at least it actually had some decent humour.
Apr 29, 2010 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
qetou said:
robokai said:
Loved the ping pong scene.

agree

Same here. However it was the only scene in this ep that I enjoyed... in overall - this episode was damn boring.

Apr 29, 2010 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
Haha ping pong

and haters Die twice!
and such ^_^
chiyos_DadApr 29, 2010 7:27 AM
Apr 29, 2010 7:43 AM

Dec 2009
nyaa~+fan=lol
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2010 7:59 AM

Apr 2010
Dropped the show because of this episode. Really, just what was that?
Apr 29, 2010 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
LMAAAAOOOOOOOOOO, "I'll definatly.......protect you"
Apr 29, 2010 8:20 AM
Jun 2008
realmruler1 said:
LMAAAAOOOOOOOOOO, "I'll definatly.......protect you"
That is so gay.....and I can believe he accept the word so easily,but later he regret it though LOL
Apr 29, 2010 8:25 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, you could really feel the change of directors in this one.

Maximatum99 said:
I did giggle when the dude was like, "I will protect you."
Other than that I could see the points where they expected me to laugh (yes, I'm talking about you pingpong scene), however that wasn't the case as
Maximatum99 said:
The rest was unsurprising crap.
and a failed attempt at becoming this season's Baka to Test/Sora no Otoshimono (no, I'm not comparing the two)

hellfiredragon said:
For a show that had quite a bit of promise from the first 3 episodes to this crap is really depressing.
Dunno what were you watching, but
ReaperEXE said:
The first and second episodes were horrible, (...) the third episode showed some promise.

Also,
rabids0ap said:
SHAFT doesn't deserve to be compared to this episode...

tagger said:
Rule of thumb:
Any anime with a hot springs episode is bound to suck
FMP laughs at your rules and thumbs
Apr 29, 2010 8:59 AM

Mar 2008
Downhill ...

Good third episode... that's about it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2010 9:21 AM
Feb 2009
=~= ... too random (which for me is not really a good thing)

but i lol'ed when "in time like this... we just have to warm each other up with our bare skin"

garfield15 said:
I liked when Nozomi was "Nyaa'ing" into the fan with a big goofy smile on her face.
lol nozomi getting more cheerful since last ep
oblivious is a bliss
Apr 29, 2010 9:46 AM
Mar 2009
All i can say is that I thought i was watching a different anime. This was so random and non-sensical that at times it reminded me of Azumanga Daioh.

Still it made me laugh.
Apr 29, 2010 9:57 AM

Jun 2009
As quite a few others have said, I also laughed at the "I will protect you" scene. The "nyaa" into the fan scene raised a smile. But that was it. The rest of the episode bored me to death.

Hopefully the series isn't going to crash and burn, it felt promising after the last episode, nothing groundbreaking, but decent enough. Fingers crossed that next week's episode is better.

Apr 29, 2010 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
Kvakond said:

tagger said:
Rule of thumb:
Any anime with a hot springs episode is bound to suck
FMP laughs at your rules and thumbs

As does Fruits Basket, Zetsubou-sensei (which had an awesome hot springs episode) and if you say that TTGL sucks well then I must strongly disagree.
Apr 29, 2010 10:30 AM

May 2009
Cliche, exaggerated and worst of all, not funny.

It could've been worse though 2/5
Apr 29, 2010 10:40 AM

Nov 2009
quite a shift after the happy feelings the last episode gave at the end.

anyway, here... the extended ping pong match. yeah, i just had to do it.

flipocrisyMay 2, 2010 5:47 PM
Apr 29, 2010 10:58 AM

May 2008
i feel like i just experienced an epic loss of braincells

I am a banana.
Apr 29, 2010 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
scol said:

=O that is a long damn soda!
Apr 29, 2010 11:18 AM

Jun 2007
Quite a boring episode.. And the ping pong just made things worse.. (=-=")
Apr 29, 2010 12:33 PM
Jul 2009
Way to watch a ping pong scene for more then just a minute, it was alittle wth, stupid, but f.a.h. too. Sub's version was alittle less filtered huh"w"
That sceens with that girl, Chikumaen, Kaho, was epic.
Nozomi was the funniest char in this ep.
Apr 29, 2010 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
saka said:
i feel like i just experienced an epic loss of braincells

Same here, but that'S absolutely fine. I don't even care anymore.

That Ping Pong match really cracked me up. When it started I was like "There we go, this now goes on for two minutes". Guess I was somewhat right.
Apr 29, 2010 12:44 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hahaha, that was a deadly episode. Very hilarious.

And all hail Itou Kanae!!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 29, 2010 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
From the moment I saw Kaho's first smile, I thought, "Haha... Oh, that's trouble."
Apr 29, 2010 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
-Uh... what a standard onsen setting... Oh wait, a mine, so it's not so standard after all. ^^
-Umenomori's so annoying that it hurts, she ruins this show.
-Interesting table tennis match indeed... why it's so long... runningout of patience... now bullet time...
-Oh so that girl's name is Kaho, so only violet haired one left. ^^
-That "yoi-like" scene was epic. xD
-Man, Takumi's so... shy/dumb...

Nice episode, even though Umenomori was so annoying.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 29, 2010 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Kracksickles said:
Kurgash said:
The ping pong scene sold me on laughs. Still trying to figure out wtf was with the girl and her magical appearing robe of cockblockery!

They spent over 2 minutes just doing that. I don't know whether it was either an attempt to be funny or just they were trying to just waste time or even both maybe. I guess this ep was okay, but so far the series is all over the place in my opinion.
They obviously wanted to cut production costs for the episode so they put it in a way that would mask over the fact.

Yep.

Apr 29, 2010 1:54 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Kracksickles said:
HawthorneKitty said:
They obviously wanted to cut production costs for the episode so they put it in a way that would mask over the fact.
Yep.
Haha, no doubt. I don't think they got any worries like that - look at the entire production. It was a great gag, if you haven't laughed or recognized this visual stylistic device then I suggest you stop watching. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 29, 2010 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Kracksickles said:
HawthorneKitty said:
They spent over 2 minutes just doing that. I don't know whether it was either an attempt to be funny or just they were trying to just waste time or even both maybe. I guess this ep was okay, but so far the series is all over the place in my opinion.
Haha, no doubt. I don't think they got any worries like that - look at the entire production. It was a great gag, if you haven't laughed or recognized this visual stylistic device then I suggest you stop watching. =D

Shoo! Leave the experts talking.
Apr 29, 2010 2:39 PM

Jan 2010
Best episode so far. Atmosphere was completely different than in the previous ones. Good dose of comedy, but completely unrelated to previous eps.
Apr 29, 2010 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
Oh god... That was just... terrible. The LOOOOOOOONG pingpong scene was so unnecessary. And so was the fanservice. It was a total failure that it didn't even turn me on..

This is getting worse and worse...

2/5
Apr 29, 2010 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
scol said:

Damn, if u made that then u could take place of the other directors of this anime. People would not even notice

Apr 29, 2010 3:26 PM

Oct 2009
Great episode. It reminded me of the fun randomness in Girls Bravo. If you don't think this was fun, then you're watching the show for the wrong reasons. Also, SHAFT, this is how you're supposed to do an episode on a tight budget/schedule, not red screen/black screen. 9/10.
Apr 29, 2010 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
SurferDude said:
If you don't think this was fun, then you're watching the show for the wrong reasons.
Is watching it because it is shit (opinion), count as a wrong reason?
Apr 29, 2010 3:47 PM
Mar 2009
Ok, the first few seconds of this POS episode were enough to make me drop the series all together, but cos I hate dropping, I'll stick with it.

It's been a few hours since I tried watching it, time to try again.

Also, I thought that the little blonde rich bitch was a loli, what's with the sudden boob upgrade?

Apr 29, 2010 3:54 PM

Aug 2009
chinlamp said:

Also, I thought that the little blonde rich bitch was a loli, what's with the sudden boob upgrade?

Loli=/=pettanko...but it usually does.
SurferDude said:
If you don't think this was fun, then you're watching the show for the wrong reasons.

Well, I thought the other three episodes were pretty fun. This one however, was not. I do not need 3 minutes of the same five frames,thank you very much. I love SHAFT and I can at least say they don't pull crap like that.
Maximatum99 said:

Is watching it because it is shit (opinion), count as a wrong reason?

Eh, half-and-half. I usually drop shit. But I rarely find a lot of stuff shit as you can see on my list.
Apr 29, 2010 4:00 PM
Mar 2009
Ok, I made it through 10 minutes of this shit house episode. I can't take anymore. The ping pong scene is the worst thing this series has done so far, and it's done some crappy stuff. I mean, they re use the same animation sequence for 15 seconds (first view) then do the same from different angles for 5 seconds apiece, and it doesn't even look right. The animation is almost the worst of the series so far, and the characters at times don't even act or sound like they did in the past episodes. Also, what the hell was with that music?

This episode is dropped, counted as watched, and I'll see if the next director is able to actually do anything GOOD with this series (cos god knows that I'm hoping this episode was done by the worst director they have on staff, if they have a worse one coming... I don't think even I could finish this series).

Apr 29, 2010 4:10 PM

Aug 2008
I don't know which episode was worst, this one or the first one. Terrible episode with cliches all around... the only scene that made me laugh was "I'll protect you". Other than that though, this is just a typical ecchi show that I'm starting to get tired of.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 29, 2010 4:17 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
chinlamp said:

I was just looking through episode 2 to compare and yes, she certainly got upgraded.
Apr 29, 2010 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
There are some major shaft suckers in this thread.
Apr 29, 2010 4:23 PM
Mar 2009
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
chinlamp said:

I was just looking through episode 2 to compare and yes, she certainly got upgraded.

Thought so, she didn't look like she had any boobs whatsoever in the previous eps, just goes to show you that this episodes director is so fucking bad he can't even keep to character designs. Also, this is worse than Kampfer in the fanservice department. I say this because these half assed fanservice attempts piss me off. At least in Kampfer they had clothes on them, but in this, they're boobs are in full view with no material on them (nyaa fan, ping pong, etc) and nothing. Either draw them properly or don't bother people! It's fucking annoying!

guyklc said:
I don't know which episode was worst, this one or the first one. Terrible episode with cliches all around... the only scene that made me laugh was "I'll protect you". Other than that though, this is just a typical ecchi show that I'm starting to get tired of.

I decided to finish the episode after all, and it's definitely this one. I wanna know what this episodes director is so I can avoid anything to do with him from now on.

Apr 29, 2010 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
guyklc said:

Personally I found the second one to be worse than the first one. But they all were not comparable to this pile of s**t.

Ah well, when time and budget are stingy, let's make an onsen episode! We could snitch half of the jokes from GreenGreen or so.
PerplexApr 29, 2010 4:30 PM
Apr 29, 2010 4:36 PM

Nov 2008
Perplex said:
Ah well, when time and budget are stingy, let's make an onsen episode! We could snitch half of the jokes from GreenGreen or so.
Even when my power level was about 50 or so, I couldn't watch four episodes of that radioactive feces called GreenGreen. So, if they did take "jokes" from it, they made it better, but that still doesn't say anything.
Apr 29, 2010 4:39 PM

Aug 2009
SurferDude said:
There are some major shaft suckers in this thread.

There sure are some major this episode suckers in this thread.
Apr 29, 2010 4:47 PM

Jan 2010
Personally, I thought it was funny, but I'm not that hard to please. I feel that they really could have made it fit with the rest of the series, even make it into two episodes with one focusing on how the hell they actually got there. Actually go through it, not just sum it up in a 5-second flashback.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 29, 2010 5:31 PM

Sep 2009
Kurgash said:
Still trying to figure out wtf was with the girl and her magical appearing robe of cockblockery!

That quite literally sums it up there.

At first I was kinda not getting the whole ping pong scene but after I considered the idea that both A: they switch directors every episode and B: This isn't the first time I've seen stuff like this, then I was LMAO. But by far I never laughed so hard until the forest scene with the whole guys together and "don't worry...I'll protect you". I literally cried and laughed for a good 15mins strait. Loved this episode
Apr 29, 2010 5:50 PM

Dec 2007
So. F*cking. Epic.

There is not enough words to describe, how I was dying from laughter almost every minute in this episode.

Perfect.
Apr 29, 2010 6:53 PM

Jul 2009
BlickWinkel said:
So. F*cking. Epic.

There is not enough words to describe, how I was dying from laughter almost every minute in this episode.

Perfect.

Oh my god...
Apr 29, 2010 7:01 PM

Nov 2008
WoofSadaharu said:
BlickWinkel said:
So. F*cking. Epic.

Perfect.

Oh my god...
Apr 29, 2010 8:42 PM

Oct 2009
De-JaY said:
That Ping Pong match really cracked me up. When it started I was like "There we go, this now goes on for two minutes". Guess I was somewhat right.
For me it was more the fan service that came along with the slow motions in the match. Also the faces at one point Fumino/Chise did.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 29, 2010 8:48 PM
Mar 2009
I personally loved it. I know it was generic and random and blah blah blah but I thought it was hilarious! one of my favorite parts was the scene where the catgirl was "nyaa"-ing into the fan! NyAaAaAaAaAaAaAaA XD
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - May 4, 2010

89 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Apr 20, 2010

90 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2010

82 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:26 PM

» Where can i watch this

Probs - Aug 13, 2022

2 by MailPerson »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cr4sian_phil - May 18, 2010

198 by INVICTVS »»
Jul 15, 2022 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.