Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2022 5:28 AM
Jan 2022
i think no. i have better suggestion -jobless reincarnation.😒😒
Aug 13, 2022 5:38 AM

Oct 2015
There is no such thing as best isekai. Everyone has different tastes. For me, nope. Mine is probably Youjo Senki.
Aug 13, 2022 6:05 AM

Mar 2020
Stacias said:
Is Re:Zero the best Isekai or not?

Not the best but one of the best
There’re many trash Isekai out there

Aug 13, 2022 6:16 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
I think it’s easily the best isekai and I don’t think it’s close. Konosuba is really good, followed by Youjo Senki and maybe Mushoku Tensei, but I don’t think any other isekai I’ve ever seen has been close to as good as Re:Zero

easily the best isekai lol what?
Mushoku Tensei is objectively superior than Rezero.
Aug 13, 2022 6:19 AM
Aug 2022
Stacias said:

Rezero is fucking boring, and by far the most atrocious show I've ever had the misfortune to watch. That shits so bad it made me feel all kinds of discomfort in my life, and i barely completed those 50 episodes.
MT is the goated isekai. Slime Isekai, Shield hero s1 and konosuba are some other good isekais.
nVn123Aug 13, 2022 6:23 AM
Aug 13, 2022 6:21 AM
Aug 2022
official_brown said:
Yes, way better than mid-tensei

rezero is not even mid, it is a stream pile of hot garbage. I would rather stare at a blank wall for hours than watch this show again.
Aug 13, 2022 6:30 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
Stacias said:

Rezero is fucking boring, and by far the most atrocious show I've ever had the misfortune to watch. That shits so bad it made me feel all kinds of discomfort in my life, and i barely completed those 50 episodes.
MT is the goated isekai. Slime Isekai, Shield hero s1 and konosuba are some other good isekais.

so rezero makes u uncomfortable but mushuko tensei with its iteral pedophile mc doesn't and why are u trying to rage bait people my guy get a life
Brandon2378Aug 13, 2022 6:51 AM
Aug 13, 2022 6:48 AM
Jul 2021
If there was anime for TBATE it will be the best. 2nd Mushoku Tensei And 3rd will be Rezero.
Aug 13, 2022 6:51 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:
I think it’s easily the best isekai and I don’t think it’s close. Konosuba is really good, followed by Youjo Senki and maybe Mushoku Tensei, but I don’t think any other isekai I’ve ever seen has been close to as good as Re:Zero

mushoku tensei is objectively worse than re:zero. Worse characters. worse OST, worse worldbuilding, worse plot. The only thing Mushoku beats Re:zero on is the magic system, and that's barely.
Aug 13, 2022 6:56 AM
Jan 2021
nVn123 said:
official_brown said:
Yes, way better than mid-tensei

rezero is not even mid, it is a stream pile of hot garbage. I would rather stare at a blank wall for hours than watch this show again.

Cool 😄 (character limit)
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 13, 2022 7:17 AM
Jan 2022
In my opinion, for the anime adaptation I think Mushoku Tensei is better but for the Light Novel I prefer ReZero and I think it's the best.
Aug 13, 2022 7:42 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

mushoku tensei is objectively worse than re:zero. Worse characters. worse OST, worse worldbuilding, worse plot. The only thing Mushoku beats Re:zero on is the magic system, and that's barely.

MT has incredible ost, far incredible world building (Rezero doesn't have any significant world building) and all the characters of MT are much more humane than shit-zero. Rezero's characters behave like fucking NPCs, only Subaru is somewhat rational, the rest like emilia and beatrice are extremely unlikable pieces of shit.
The only argument shit zero fans have against MT is by calling rudeus a pedophile, which he isn't considering he is still a child in that world. But at the same time, He is leagues above that pathetic MC Subaru whose only existence is based on simping for emilia for no fucking reason.
And don't get me started on the plot lol, MT has everything it needs to be called the grandfather of the isekai genre.
Aug 13, 2022 7:45 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

MT has incredible ost, far incredible world building (Rezero doesn't have any significant world building) and all the characters of MT are much more humane than shit-zero. Rezero's characters behave like fucking NPCs, only Subaru is somewhat rational, the rest like emilia and beatrice are extremely unlikable pieces of shit.
The only argument shit zero fans have against MT is by calling rudeus a pedophile, which he isn't considering he is still a child in that world. But at the same time, He is leagues above that pathetic MC Subaru whose only existence is based on simping for emilia for no fucking reason.
And don't get me started on the plot lol, MT has everything it needs to be called the grandfather of the isekai genre.
Mushoku mid at best imo. Same tier as SAO
Aug 13, 2022 7:47 AM

Jul 2015
It's either this or Mushoku Tensei.
I personally think MT is slightly better.

Aug 13, 2022 7:59 AM
Jan 2022
I would say mushoku tensei then konosuba and re zero for me
Aug 13, 2022 8:05 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

Shit Zero is boring, the characters are uninteresting and bland, the plot goes nowhere, the setting was uninspired with almost zero world building, the story was cliche and the music is just meh.
ReZero doesn't hold a candle to Mushoku Tensei, it's just a pretentious and superficial story with no depth whatsoever.
Aug 13, 2022 8:09 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

Shit Zero is boring, the characters are uninteresting and bland, the plot goes nowhere, the setting was uninspired with almost zero world building, the story was cliche and the music is just meh.
ReZero doesn't hold a candle to Mushoku Tensei, it's just a pretentious and superficial story with no depth whatsoever.
MT has no story, it’s just a harem anime like rent a GF
Aug 13, 2022 8:11 AM
Apr 2022
In my opinion it's the best. It is also my favorite anime. I think mushoku tensei comes after re zero. Both are amazing and for me uncomperable. Log horizon, no game no life, konosuba, slime and spider are also decent.
Alek0Aug 13, 2022 8:19 AM
Aug 13, 2022 8:12 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

You're just sprouting random BS at this point lmao.
Aug 13, 2022 8:15 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

Mid Tensei doesn’t hold a candle to Re:Zero. Subaru might be the best MC of all time and Rudeus is generic. People hyped up Turning Point 2 to be one of the best episodes of all time but that shit was average at best compared to the peaks of Re:Zero. It’s just a show with nothing but fan service of panties and a harem like Rent a GF. Mid at best. If you don’t think Re:Zero is better, it’s because you aren’t smart enough to understand it.
Aug 13, 2022 8:36 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

Mid Tensei doesn’t hold a candle to Re:Zero. Subaru might be the best MC of all time and Rudeus is generic. People hyped up Turning Point 2 to be one of the best episodes of all time but that shit was average at best compared to the peaks of Re:Zero. It’s just a show with nothing but fan service of panties and a harem like Rent a GF. Mid at best. If you don’t think Re:Zero is better, it’s because you aren’t smart enough to understand it.

Bro thinks he is smarter after watching that repetitive piece of shit lmao. There are far more better shows of similar genre like erased and summertime render, which actually make sense.
Also, subaru the best mc lol what? He is probably one of the worst mc I've ever seen, he suddenly goes from being an useless NEET to being a super reliable guy, while the other characters remain underdeveloped and static throughout the entire show. Heck even kazuya from rent a gf is somewhat less pathetic than this abomination of a character.
Aug 13, 2022 8:41 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

Bro thinks he is smarter after watching that repetitive piece of shit lmao. There are far more better shows of similar genre like erased and summertime render, which actually make sense.
Also, subaru the best mc lol what? He is probably one of the worst mc I've ever seen, he suddenly goes from being an useless NEET to being a super reliable guy, while the other characters remain underdeveloped and static throughout the entire show. Heck even kazuya from rent a gf is somewhat less pathetic than this abomination of a character.
erased had a terrible ending and was still better than MT, Summertime Render is a worse version of Re:Zero with a worse OST, worse characters, and worse world building. It’s still better than MT though. Also, both MC’s are still better than Rudeus. At least Subaru has real reasons to cry unlike Rudeus that cried because he got laid and ran off on by his loli harem girl. MT is generic as fuck
Aug 13, 2022 8:51 AM
Jan 2018
Stacias said:

Why ask a subjective question
Aug 13, 2022 9:01 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

erased had a terrible ending and was still better than MT, Summertime Render is a worse version of Re:Zero with a worse OST, worse characters, and worse world building. It’s still better than MT though. Also, both MC’s are still better than Rudeus. At least Subaru has real reasons to cry unlike Rudeus that cried because he got laid and ran off on by his loli harem girl. MT is generic as fuck

World building is not necessary for every anime, particularly if it's not an isekai. (Even so summertime render has a better and more vibrant world than reZero lol) . Moreover a bad ending cannot downplay the likability of the entirety of the show(Erased).
And your only argument against mt here is that it's Bad, but you have no strong reasons to support why, unlike me who just listed all the possible causes for why I think rezero is trash.
Aug 13, 2022 9:05 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

World building is not necessary for every anime, particularly if it's not an isekai. (Even so summertime render has a better and more vibrant world than reZero lol) . Moreover a bad ending cannot downplay the likability of the entirety of the show(Erased).
And your only argument against mt here is that it's Bad, but you have no strong reasons to support why, unlike me who just listed all the possible causes for why I think rezero is trash.
it’s average. No character aside from Rudy had any character development, they managed to all stay boring and flat. The world isn’t interesting, Rudy is a typical OP protagonist with a harem like every other isekai and he’s not even a good protagonist either. Most of the season felt like filler, especially when he was in the beast village. It’s just an extremely average show. People that say it’s the best isekai probably think that SAO is also the best isekai.
Aug 13, 2022 9:40 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

it’s average. No character aside from Rudy had any character development, they managed to all stay boring and flat. The world isn’t interesting, Rudy is a typical OP protagonist with a harem like every other isekai and he’s not even a good protagonist either. Most of the season felt like filler, especially when he was in the beast village. It’s just an extremely average show. People that say it’s the best isekai probably think that SAO is also the best isekai.

are you sure we watched the same show my guy? Every character in MT had serious character development; Rudeus, Eris, Ruijerd and Paul being the most significant ones.
Eris went on from being an annoying brat to a super wholesome, likable character.
Ruijerd developed a lot too, from a violent, ruthless warrior to a kind, father like figure. Paul from being a carefree playboy to an actual mature and responsible adult.
Rudeus had one of the best character development too, he started redeeming himself slowly but progressively, learning from his past.
ReZero fans shouldn't debate about stuff such as character development lol, the entire cast of rezero has little to zero personality whatsoever. Emilia is a bland af character, she has no interesting dialogues, no personality or development and she is completely useless, the only thing going for her is she's cute and that's all. I also don't like rem, she brings nothing to the table and her obsession with Subaru makes no sense either. The only character with character development was the insufferable mc, Subaru, whose apparently sole existence is to simp over emilia for no fucking reason.
nVn123Aug 13, 2022 9:46 AM
Aug 13, 2022 9:52 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

are you sure we watched the same show my guy? Every character in MT had serious character development; Rudeus, Eris, Ruijerd and Paul being the most significant ones.
Eris went on from being an annoying brat to a super wholesome, likable character.
Ruijerd developed a lot too, from a violent, ruthless warrior to a kind, father like figure. Paul from being a carefree playboy to an actual mature and responsible adult.
Rudeus had one of the best character development, he started redeeming himself slowly but progressively, learning from his past.
ReZero fans shouldn't debate about stuff such as character development lol, the entire cast of rezero has little to zero personality whatsoever. Emilia is a bland af character, she has no interesting dialogues, no personality or development and she is completely useless, the only thing going for her is she's cute and that's all. I also don't like rem, she brings nothing to the table and her obsession with Subaru makes no sense either. The only character with character development was the insufferable mc, Subaru, whose apparently sole existence is to simp over emilia for no fucking reason.
if you don’t think Emilia didn’t have character development you didn’t watch the show, so you obviously can’t have an opinion in this. Emilia before and after her trials are almost completely different characters. She became way more confident in herself and she was able to make decisions on her own instead of second guessing herself. Instead of a reactionary character she caused the reaction. Rujierd was the exact same character from the start of the show to the end of the show. Rujierd was never a violent warrior, he became violent because of a curse. Did you even watch the show? Eris had less development than Rem and Emilia. Rem went from a self-deprecating character to one that had faith in herself, and no longer felt like she was in her sister’s shadow. She finally felt like she had a purpose in life after Subaru saved her. She stopped being cold to everyone and opened up. If you say there was no character development in Re:Zero, you didn’t even watch past episode 1. Subaru developed more in episode 1 than Rudy did in the first 10 episodes.
Aug 13, 2022 9:55 AM

Dec 2018
Sorry Stacias, I can’t say that I’m the biggest fan of Rezero :(
Aug 13, 2022 10:01 AM

Oct 2021
INSANELYWP said:
second to mushoku tensei imo

you like Isekai with pedo mc?
yes.
Aug 13, 2022 10:16 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

Rudeus had one of the best character development too, he started redeeming himself slowly but progressively, learning from his past.
based off of everything you’ve said I don’t think you’ve seen either anime beyond the 1st 4 episodes so your opinion is irrelevant. I’m smarter than you and have better tastes!
Aug 13, 2022 10:18 AM
Apr 2022
For me it is one of my number 1’s and one of my favorite shows. I love Re:Zero
Aug 13, 2022 10:34 AM
Jun 2021
AsuxAX said:
INSANELYWP said:
second to mushoku tensei imo

you like Isekai with pedo mc?

of course. and mushoku tensei is second only to monogatari, the other pedo mc for best anime oat.
Aug 13, 2022 10:35 AM
Jun 2021
daredevil_x said:
If there was anime for TBATE it will be the best. 2nd Mushoku Tensei And 3rd will be Rezero.

wish more ppl would get on tbate fr
Aug 13, 2022 10:42 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

Rudeus had one of the best character development, he started redeeming himself slowly but progressively, learning from his past.
if you don’t think Emilia didn’t have character development you didn’t watch the show, so you obviously can’t have an opinion in this. Emilia before and after her trials are almost completely different characters. She became way more confident in herself and she was able to make decisions on her own instead of second guessing herself. Instead of a reactionary character she caused the reaction. Rujierd was the exact same character from the start of the show to the end of the show. Rujierd was never a violent warrior, he became violent because of a curse. Did you even watch the show? Eris had less development than Rem and Emilia. Rem went from a self-deprecating character to one that had faith in herself, and no longer felt like she was in her sister’s shadow. She finally felt like she had a purpose in life after Subaru saved her. She stopped being cold to everyone and opened up. If you say there was no character development in Re:Zero, you didn’t even watch past episode 1. Subaru developed more in episode 1 than Rudy did in the first 10 episodes.

You're just biased af for rezero, that's clearly visible from your answers since I watched the entire show as well.
No.Emilia had no character development, she remained a bland af character from starting to finish. She only has a limited vocabulary everytime we see her on screen. She solely exists for Subaru to be an idiot and lust over her and basically be a trophy waifu. She's a goal/prize rather than an actual character, a detriment to this series and is nothing more than a plot device. Confidence or whatever you're talking about is just an excuse to cover up for her negligible growth throughout the series.
Ruijerd before meeting rudeus and eris didn't have a purpose, but eventually he developed a lot and finally had an ambition to pursue, i.e clearing the name of his superd race, which he initially gave up upon helplessly, and was just agonising about his past blunders. For a side character, that's decent enough character progression.
"Eris had less development than rem and emilia". Lmao the internet and everyone else who watched both the shows says otherwise.
MT unlike rezero had realistic character development. Mushoku has some of the most human characters ever.
"Subaru developed more in episode 1 than rudy did in the first 10 episodes".Thats the point, you can't expect changes right away, his redeeming arc is slow but progressive, he gradually becomes a better person from an insufferable douchebag, this series is about rudeus living his life because he failed to do so in his previous one, also meanwhile learning from his past.
This is what makes MT significantly better than rezero, the story has realistic humane characters, actions have consequences, the world building is immaculate, how the show addresses trauma and recovery from it. Also the animation and art style of MT is leagues above rezero, the production quality is top notch, the fights especially the dragon God vs rudeus crew fight was brilliantly executed and animated, compared to the lackluster ones in rezero.
Aug 13, 2022 10:43 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

You're just biased af for rezero, that's clearly visible from your answers since I watched the entire show as well.
No.Emilia had no character development, she remained a bland af character from starting to finish. She only has a limited vocabulary everytime we see her on screen. She solely exists for Subaru to be an idiot and lust over her and basically be a trophy waifu. She's a goal/prize rather than an actual character, a detriment to this series and is nothing more than a plot device. Confidence or whatever you're talking about is just an excuse to cover up for her negligible growth throughout the series.
Ruijerd before meeting rudeus and eris didn't have a purpose, but eventually he developed a lot and finally had an ambition to pursue, i.e clearing the name of his superd race, which he initially gave up upon helplessly, and was just agonising about his past blunders. For a side character, that's decent enough character progression.
"Eris had less development than rem and emilia". Lmao the internet and everyone else who watched both the shows says otherwise.
MT unlike rezero had realistic character development. Mushoku has some of the most human characters ever.
"Subaru developed more in episode 1 than rudy did in the first 10 episodes".Thats the point, you can't expect changes right away, his redeeming arc is slow but progressive, he gradually becomes a better person from an insufferable douchebag, this series is about rudeus living his life because he failed to do so in his previous one, also meanwhile learning from his past.
This is what makes MT significantly better than rezero, the story has realistic humane characters, actions have consequences, the world building is immaculate, how the show addresses trauma and recovery from it. Also the animation and art style of MT is leagues above rezero, the production quality is top notch, the fights especially the dragon God vs rudeus crew fight was brilliantly executed and animated, compared to the lackluster ones in rezero.
not reading that because you’re wrong and I’m right. Rudeus = boring. Eris = generic tsundere. Rujierd = boring. I’m not biased for Re:zero, I’m right.
Aug 13, 2022 10:54 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

not reading that because you’re wrong and I’m right. Rudeus = boring. Eris = generic tsundere. Rujierd = boring. I’m not biased for Re:zero, I’m right.

lmao good for you.
facts don't care about opinions anyway lol.
Aug 13, 2022 10:55 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

lmao good for you.
just like it’s a fact that Re:zero is better than Midshoku Shitsei! Glad you agree
Aug 13, 2022 11:01 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

lmao good for you.
just like it’s a fact that Re:zero is better than Midshoku Shitsei! Glad you agree

midshoku shitsei=no meaning
Shit Zero=feels like an actual title.
truly an anime deserving of it's title👑.
Aug 13, 2022 11:06 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

shit zero is already a better anime than Midshoku Shitsei! it’s crazy that Rudeus starts working with the Dragon God because the Man God threatens to kill Rudy’s family! Rudeus has erectile dysfunction after his lolI harem no character development Eris leaves him! Hope I didn’t spoil anything! Still a worse plot than Re:zero though.
Aug 13, 2022 11:43 AM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

shit zero is already a better anime than Midshoku Shitsei! it’s crazy that Rudeus starts working with the Dragon God because the Man God threatens to kill Rudy’s family! Rudeus has erectile dysfunction after his lolI harem no character development Eris leaves him! Hope I didn’t spoil anything! Still a worse plot than Re:zero though.

don't mind the spoilers but why are you discussing random plot points here lmao.
I have given enough reasons by now why I believe mt is better than reZero, but you had no sensible counter arguments against all these, except for repeatedly branding of Rudeus as an incel, which is true, but his development from this state is basically the point of the series.
Animation, world building, character interactions and development, realism, music, story,etc.all of these makes MT superior to reZero, there is a reason why it's called the grandfather of the IseKai genre.
Aug 13, 2022 11:54 AM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

don't mind the spoilers but why are you discussing random plot points here lmao.
I have given enough reasons by now why I believe mt is better than reZero, but you had no sensible counter arguments against all these, except for repeatedly branding of Rudeus as an incel, which is true, but his development from this state is basically the point of the series.
Animation, world building, character interactions and development, realism, music, story,etc.all of these makes MT superior to reZero, there is a reason why it's called the grandfather of the IseKai genre.
except Re:zero is better with everything you just listed so you’re factually wrong. Better music, characters, development, plot, world building, character design, and is a much more mature story. I’ve literally countered all of your points and you say I’ve said nothing so you must’ve not even read what I said. You don’t even know what your own show is about since you’re calling Rujierd a violent warrior that developed into a father figure LMAO that’s just false. Rujierd had no character development, he was a static character, which is fine but don’t try to label him as something else. Re:Zero has the best character development of any isekai and it’s not close, that’s almost the purpose of Return by Death from a writing perspective. Everytime Subaru dies the characters around him change based on his interactions with them and you get to see how they develop from his first meeting with them with him vs the main timeline of the story. With Rem, you get to see her go from a person with 0 confidence in the shadow of her sister that’s also hot-headed and over-protective to someone that is able to become her own person and is able to make decisions without being rash. Rem and Emilia both had more character development than even Rudeus did, not just Mushoku’s side characters. Subaru had more character development than every character in Mushoku combined. If you didn’t get that then you didn’t even watch the show, or you’re just not capable of understanding it. Please go rewatch Mushoku because you obviously didn’t get the story. Maybe once you rewatch you’ll understand that it’s average at best.
Aug 13, 2022 11:58 AM

Jun 2019
It's the best isekai anime I have watched.

Overall, Muv Luv Alternative is vastly superior, and not only the best isekai I have ever seen, but one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever experienced.
Aug 13, 2022 12:11 PM

Aug 2018
this thread kinda looks like a dumpster fire. Never mess with re:zero fans unless you like reading walls of text.

Anyway, Juuni Kokuki is the best isekai.
Aug 13, 2022 12:26 PM

Jun 2019
satnggg said:
Platypus900 said:
It's the best isekai anime I have watched.

Overall, Muv Luv Alternative is vastly superior, and not only the best isekai I have ever seen,

You seem to contradict yourself.

It's not a contradiction, one is an anime and the other is a visual novel. Re:Zero is the best isekai anime I have watched but MLA is my favorite isekai throughout all mediums. I could have been clearer with my language though, so I understand why you'd say that.
Aug 13, 2022 12:48 PM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

except Re:zero is better with everything you just listed so you’re factually wrong. Better music, characters, development, plot, world building, character design, and is a much more mature story. I’ve literally countered all of your points and you say I’ve said nothing so you must’ve not even read what I said. You don’t even know what your own show is about since you’re calling Rujierd a violent warrior that developed into a father figure LMAO that’s just false. Rujierd had no character development, he was a static character, which is fine but don’t try to label him as something else. Re:Zero has the best character development of any isekai and it’s not close, that’s almost the purpose of Return by Death from a writing perspective. Everytime Subaru dies the characters around him change based on his interactions with them and you get to see how they develop from his first meeting with them with him vs the main timeline of the story. With Rem, you get to see her go from a person with 0 confidence in the shadow of her sister that’s also hot-headed and over-protective to someone that is able to become her own person and is able to make decisions without being rash. Rem and Emilia both had more character development than even Rudeus did, not just Mushoku’s side characters. Subaru had more character development than every character in Mushoku combined. If you didn’t get that then you didn’t even watch the show, or you’re just not capable of understanding it. Please go rewatch Mushoku because you obviously didn’t get the story. Maybe once you rewatch you’ll understand that it’s average at best.

You didn't counter any of my points, you just regurgitated everything I said back to me lol.
Music and Plot favouritism can be subjective, but MT definitely had some of the best character development and world building seen in recent years, along with a strong cast of side characters, the reasons which made it immensely popular.
"You're just not capable of understanding it" lmao this is the perfect excuse fans give when they know their show is trash. There are far more Intellectually stimulating shows then this one, with far more deep and mature themes. You don't need to be a genius to understand reZero.
It also has some potential plot holes, the primary one being the return by death power.
There were multiple ways to explain his special situation(drawing, writing, body language) but no he needs to say it in words despite clear restrictions. Even if it didn't work, he could have atleast tried it.
"Subaru had better character development than every character of MT combined".Again, that's an exaggeration, backed up by nothing other than your biased-ness.
To many people including me, Subaru's character development was almost non existent. Sure he went from being a shut in to a super reliable guy suddenly, but mentally he remained the same old crybaby that he was before, throwing tantrums and acting as if he owns the world. Also his obsession with emilia for no apparent reason is cringy and creepy at the same time.
Rudy on the other hand, developed slowly but progressively, eventually becoming better and better than his previous self. Also his change was visible, for an average viewer as well.
Also, for the nth time, No. Emilia had no significant growth throughout the series, the one you talked about(confidence) is not some groundbreaking development, it's just maturity at best. She is just designed to be the perfect flawless waifu and that's about it.
Rem did have some good development but ultimately she's waifu bait as well, and I don't see her much relevant to the story.
Aug 13, 2022 12:50 PM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

You didn't counter any of my points, you just regurgitated everything I said back to me lol.
Music and Plot favouritism can be subjective, but MT definitely had some of the best character development and world building seen in recent years, along with a strong cast of side characters, the reasons which made it immensely popular.
"You're just not capable of understanding it" lmao this is the perfect excuse fans give when they know their show is trash. There are far more Intellectually stimulating shows then this one, with far more deep and mature themes. You don't need to be a genius to understand reZero.
It also has some potential plot holes, the primary one being the return by death power.
There were multiple ways to explain his special situation(drawing, writing, body language) but no he needs to say it in words despite clear restrictions. Even if it didn't work, he could have atleast tried it.
"Subaru had better character development than every character of MT combined".Again, that's an exaggeration, backed up by nothing other than your biased-ness.
To many people including me, Subaru's character development was almost non existent. Sure he went from being a shut in to a super reliable guy suddenly, but mentally he remained the same old crybaby that he was before, throwing tantrums and acting as if he owns the world. Also his obsession with emilia for no apparent reasons is cringy and creepy at the same time.
Rudy on the other hand, developed slowly but progressively, eventually becoming better and better than his previous self. Also his change was visible, for an average viewer as well.
Also, for the nth time, no emilia had no significant growth throughout the series, the one you talked about(confidence) is not some groundbreaking development, it's just maturity at best. She is just designed to be the perfect flawless waifu and that's it.
Rem did have some good development but ultimately she's waifu bait as well, and I don't see her much relevant to the story.
Except everyone knows that Subaru had great character development. Way better development than Rudy and it’s not close. Watch more anime and maybe you’ll have better opinions because now you’re wrong and you don’t even know your own story.
Aug 13, 2022 12:59 PM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

To many people including me, Subaru's character development was almost non existent. Sure he went from being a shut in to a super reliable guy suddenly, but mentally he remained the same old crybaby that he was before, throwing tantrums and acting as if he owns the world. Also his obsession with emilia for no apparent reasons is cringy and creepy at the same time.
Also, for the nth time, no emilia had no significant growth throughout the series, the one you talked about(confidence) is not some groundbreaking development, it's just maturity at best. She is just designed to be the perfect flawless waifu and that's it.
Except everyone knows that Subaru had great character development. Way better development than Rudy and it’s not close. Watch more anime and maybe you’ll have better opinions because now you’re wrong and you don’t even know your own story.

"Way better development" How exactly?
Can you elaborate?
"Way more than Rudy"
Do you have reasons to prove how or is it just lip service?
"Watch more anime" I don't need to watch more anime to understand that Subaru is a wimpass pathetic character with zero depth and likability.
Aug 13, 2022 1:02 PM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

Can you elaborate?
"Way more than Rudy"
"Watch more anime" I don't need to watch more anime to understand that Subaru is a wimpass pathetic character with zero depth and likability.
ive already given you plenty of examples but I guess you just aren’t smart enough to comprehend what I’m saying. Should I dumb it down a bit for my little buddy? Does my wittle MT fan need me to hold his hand?
Aug 13, 2022 1:08 PM
Aug 2022
swagxmagician said:
nVn123 said:

Can you elaborate?
"Way more than Rudy"
ive already given you plenty of examples but I guess you just aren’t smart enough to comprehend what I’m saying. Should I dumb it down a bit for my little buddy? Does my wittle MT fan need me to hold his hand?

Judging by your replies from this thread, I'm probably older and smarter than you lol.
Unlike you here, I tried countering each of your arguments point wise, while you resorted to silly little comebacks, as fitting for a nine year old like you.
Aug 13, 2022 1:13 PM
Jul 2021
nVn123 said:
swagxmagician said:

Judging by your replies from this thread, I'm probably older and smarter than you lol.
Unlike you here, I tried countering each of your arguments point wise, while you resorted to silly little comebacks, as fitting for a nine year old like you.
you haven’t countered any of my arguments you just say the same shit over and over again, and you’re wrong everytime. Just face it, Mushoku Tensei is fucking dogshit. Rudeus is a terrible main character in a generic world with flat characters and no charm. Rudy’s only development was that he could walk forward after being a shut in like that’s a big fucking deal but it’s not. Subaru did the same thing in season 2 and had even more development in the 1st season as well. You say Subaru has little development but then go and say how Rudy development but it’s the exact same shit that Subaru did but Subaru did it better, so you’re just being a biased hypocrite. You don’t even know your own characters. You’re laughably biased to the point that I have to dumb down shit to even get it across to you. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

66 by JP88 »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

723 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

698 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

1093 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

526 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.