Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 11, 2008 10:57 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another character introduced. Wonder what kind of role he'll play.
Also, did Nina actually gave those poisoned candies to the detective? If so, then I really want to know why she started to become like Johan (since she seemed to have been the one to kill Petrov, plus that guy that was beating up Grimmer).
Aug 12, 2008 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
One thing for sure - I don't want him to get his hands on Nina ;).
失われた翼を探して
Dec 28, 2008 5:58 AM

Jun 2008
This is epic.
Mar 29, 2009 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
Things are getting interesting for like the 10th time.
Apr 1, 2009 6:27 AM

Oct 2008
This show re-invents itself in each chapter. It's really amazing and I expect a gorgeous final.
Jul 18, 2009 8:57 PM

Feb 2009
Is Nina really becoming the second monster from that fairy tale?!

Aug 7, 2009 7:50 PM

Jan 2009
Errr... what the heck is going on? Did Nina really killed the old director gramps and Zeman's partners?

And seriously this episode bored the hell out of me untill the end. This wole detective Suk issue is bothering me.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 12, 2009 4:10 PM

Jul 2009
I'm losing count of all the characters with their own random side-stories...I can't believe Nina would kill all those people. But maybe she's becoming like Johan now she realises she has no name.
Aug 14, 2009 5:16 AM
Jun 2009
Personally, I like side stories. Zell brings up a good point, seems like she's killing people now when she realized she has no name. Wonder what's gonna happen to Suk.
Oct 14, 2009 3:32 PM

Nov 2007
that police agency is a bunch of assholes. I wouldn't work there even if I got paid in gold. I feel sorry for sak
Feb 5, 2010 11:05 AM

Sep 2009
OK, this is very confusing. I really though that it was the twins' mother who did all those homicides. But it seems I was wrong. It was Anna. Her personality is changing. Or should I say, changed. Very interesting. There was no clue to why did this happen. And these are all the possible causes I thought up.
1. She is also schizophrenic (very unlikely)
2. She has amnesia (this is the most plausible cause, since we saw her change after the incident in the library. She was a completely different person in the hospital.)
3. She is being blackmailed/threatened (very slight chance, but possible)
4. An event happened at the time we did not see her. She might have killed someone, and therefore lost emotions. Something about this was mentioned by Tenma, when he was speaking on that cliff with Grimmer.
5. She gave a good thought about the book after when she left the hospital, remembered part of her past, realized some truths, etc. Therefore, completely changed the story of the book. In the book she was a monster who had no name, and realized she didn't need a name to live happily. (to the "not so intelligent ones" the word "name" is not used literally. It is a metaphor of identity, personality, purpose of life). After she realized that, maybe she thought that only she can destroy Johan, but only by becoming him, by getting a name. Only that way would she not be beaten by Johan and could stand up to him.
6. Head trauma, after that stage fell on her in the library.

That is probably all I can think of. The most possible ones in my opinion are number 2, 5 and 6.
No sig :(
May 22, 2010 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
Well, that police station is clearly corrupt and there are still a lot of people with affiliations for the old government in it now operating illegally and so forth, so of course they're all assholes.

Also, this ED is amazing. I generally hate anime music. I skip through all of it, and every now and then there is an exception. I like this one.
Every time I see an English-speaker on the Internet add an honorific to someone's name, I die a little bit inside. Every time I see, "^_^," my will to carry on crumbles that much more.
May 29, 2010 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
Oh Mamiko Noto, you are such a perfect person. She is such a great killer. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2010 11:51 AM

Mar 2010
ah nina is sooo inocent looking and hot tooo, new detective hopefully stays alive also little of tenma there seems he found the free frogs place

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 14, 2011 1:18 PM
Jun 2010
wow, this was a good episode

so what i think is

both twins were born defective

both will become evil

thats my view, but i dont want the dude touching nina XD
Feb 14, 2011 1:20 PM
Jun 2010
kinda miss those early episodes where all was happy though. Like when tenma and deiter was in that nice village, or when nina did something i forgot now.
May 18, 2011 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
=O

Nina gave poisoned candy? o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 27, 2011 1:45 PM

Dec 2009
Still no proof that Anna is murder.

And Dieter. Where is he?
Feb 16, 2012 2:56 PM

Jun 2011
i dont get it
Mar 5, 2012 9:24 PM

Mar 2009
Hmm they're all dead now.
Mar 16, 2012 1:23 PM

Mar 2010
i wonder what nina is planning
May 29, 2012 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
Do you when Johan just had had the surgery? He killed 3 guys with candy.
Jun 6, 2012 1:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Can this really be Nina? Killiing people? If so, is there maybe some conditioning they were exposed to as children that can trigger this behaviour? In any case, she really does seem like Johan's true sister, beautiful, soft spoken, yet deadly.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 10, 2012 7:18 PM

Jul 2010
Uwaa~ Is Nina turned into a monster as well? :O She doesn't seem to be knowing of her actions though.. it just isn't.. Nina-like >.< lol
Aug 27, 2012 10:16 PM

Mar 2012
my face when i saw them open the candy
Sep 24, 2012 10:02 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah not sure, feel like they are leading you on to think it was Nina but in reality it is someone else. However if it is Nina I lost all respect for her, cause if it is even if they are bad people her kill count is probably increasing at a greater rate than Johan's... which is just...
Oct 25, 2012 7:28 PM

Feb 2011
Just a thought, it still may not be Nina who did the killings. The detective only said he got the candy from a "real beauty." Considering his aforementioned way with women he could have obtained said candy from the "real killer" after Nina brushed him off. If the killer is actually the twin's mother as some people have theorized, then it would make sense for the detective to refer to her as a "real beauty" as well.

Plus, I feel like the set up of Nina as the killer is way too obvious for her to actually be the killer. (That and I really REALLY don't want Nina to turn into another Johan.)

Of course, if it really is Nina killing people, then I have two questions:
1. What the frick happened to her?
2. What'd she do with Dieter?
Nov 16, 2012 8:13 AM

Dec 2007
The girl at the bar might be nina but Johan is the one killing people.
Or at least that's what I think.
Dec 18, 2012 10:59 AM

Feb 2012
Interesting episode.

About Episode:

So Suk is new detective who got introduced in this this episode. Now his lives seems boring drinking and been lazy on work. Only thinking about Nina and don't seemed to be focused on work he does for investigator. Also he seems to have some kind of scariness for blood and so on. However Suk shouldn't told that police chief what happened but who could thought that he was in the top secret police group.

The poisoned candy thing reminded me of Johan doing same in 3 episode of the series. I was like when that scene was on. Yeah now it's going to happen again.

It really seems like Nina is becoming another monster like Johan. Something did happen for or she has amnesia that she got from that bookcase falling down on her.

Also 2 things got clear in this episode. 1: The Three Frogs is that bar name Nina goes to. Which could mean that bar is going to be somehow related to following episodes. 2: that bridge name is ancient tale or something like that.

There is also possibility that I am wrong about the first thing.

5/5
Jan 29, 2013 6:35 AM

Jan 2012
No idea what's going on. But people are dropping dead fast.

Feb 26, 2013 8:05 PM
Aug 2011
darkninj12 said:

No that was my face as soon as whiskey bonbons were mentioned and Suk declined.
Never trust candy in this show.
Mar 4, 2013 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
If you're going to kill someone, poisoned candy seems like a pretty dumb and inaccurate way to go about it. There's no guarantee he would even eat them, or who he would offer them to. He could have given them to a bunch of kids.
Mar 4, 2013 5:51 PM

Aug 2010
AugmaticDisport said:
If you're going to kill someone, poisoned candy seems like a pretty dumb and inaccurate way to go about it. There's no guarantee he would even eat them, or who he would offer them to. He could have given them to a bunch of kids.

It is however more difficult to trace the killer, whereas if you just shot him in the face there would be evidence left behind. [bullet, gunpowder etc)
Apr 13, 2013 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
Nina... What are you doing Nina... Stop... Nina, stop...

This is not the Nina I know.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Apr 15, 2013 10:05 AM
Aug 2012
unexpected, I wonder if the person who killed that three in previous episode and now poisoned new three detectives is Nina? Seems to me it's not so easy to figure everything out! But at least if she did all this,I kinda like her more than in the beginning, cause she started to act by doing something truly serious like murder.
Apr 28, 2013 2:04 AM

Apr 2013
Bad candy!!! I still cant believe Nina gave that to them.
The candy method still works.
Jun 16, 2013 9:22 PM
Dec 2012
Nina probably got eaten by Johan, lol
Aug 20, 2013 1:22 PM
May 2012
Nikoko said:
Just a thought, it still may not be Nina who did the killings. The detective only said he got the candy from a "real beauty." Considering his aforementioned way with women he could have obtained said candy from the "real killer" after Nina brushed him off. If the killer is actually the twin's mother as some people have theorized, then it would make sense for the detective to refer to her as a "real beauty" as well.

Plus, I feel like the set up of Nina as the killer is way too obvious for her to actually be the killer. (That and I really REALLY don't want Nina to turn into another Johan.)

Of course, if it really is Nina killing people, then I have two questions:
1. What the frick happened to her?
2. What'd she do with Dieter?

Dude, you took the words right out of my mouth. Your statement and what I'm supposed to post is 98% accurate how the hell did that happened.
Oct 23, 2013 1:29 AM

Jul 2009
great episode :D

i really don't like this wimpy bastard Suk getting all lovey dovey around Anna.

he's even stupid for mentioning her at the police station.

i have a feeling Anna just appeared just now, and the woman that we saw last episode was not her.

and lol they only showed Tenma in one second and he never appears at the rest of the episode.

such a tease.

he's even more stupid for telling this to his superior without thinking he would also be involved as well.

though it is possible Anna has changed somehow, though what about Dieter?

another possibility is that she really not Anna, but her mother acting like her.

though being young as her, possible though :P

or another thing, it could be another twin sister(highly unlikely though)

looks like the members of the secret police are being eliminated one be one huh?

next episode is gonna be awesome for sure!! we need Tenma!!!
Jan 8, 2014 6:15 AM

Mar 2013
The directors and the doctors of tenma's hospital were killed by candy. we never saw johan giving candy to anyone. but now we almost are certain that nina gave the candy to the policeman. this is getting complicated. I'm starting to think it was nina that killed tenma colleagues.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 23, 2014 7:59 PM
Mar 2013
Poisoned candy! Saw it coming! In this show NEVER except candy from strangers!:D
May 23, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
oh god nina is turning into the monster's twin T_T;;;;;;;;;;;

say it ain't so :(

May 29, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2013
I really think it's the mysterious gunslinger is Nina. This maybe a coincidence but the dress ,that Nina wears on the first day she and Suk met, is the same style and color(but maybe not lighting was dark afterall in episode 42) as the shooter in episode 42. You can see this around 6:10 of episode 43.

Suk is a nice guy for sure and he seems to be used by Nina for information it seems. When she exposed Grimmer I was not happy but then she poisoned the 3 corrupt cops and saved both Grimmer and Suk. Really not sure how to view Nina now.
Jun 4, 2014 9:33 PM

Feb 2012
can't even say i'm surprised about the cops at this point; the majority of male characters in this show end up being antagonists or have a dark past(/present) despite their appearance which is getting really repetitive. knew they were dead as soon as i saw the candy, but that's really out of anna's character.. maybe there's more to it? either way i really like her as a character.

and of course. the blonde detective was "100% sure" that grimmer killed the three goons, sounds like lunge.
Dec 20, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
The show is really playing up expectations to imply Nina is in fact committing these killings, but I don't think we're being shown enough to say for certain. Nina certainly isn't acting differently around Detective Suk, though that alone isn't enough. The "real beauty" the detective mentioned could have been someone else.

I think the cops in this show are used well enough. Not all of them are bad, though it does seem the good ones usually end up dead. Hopefully Suk will survive this.
Dec 30, 2014 12:35 AM

Feb 2013
parfaited said:
darkninj12 said:

No that was my face as soon as whiskey bonbons were mentioned and Suk declined.
Never trust candy in this show.

This.

sometim3s said:
Nina probably got eaten by Johan, lol

Or the other way around. Maybe Nina is actually the bigger monster. You know, the only one who could eliminate Johan.
Feb 3, 2015 3:07 AM

Nov 2013
I just realized. They didn't show the officer receiving the candy from Nina meaning that it might have been another "beautiful lady" that might have given the officer the poisoned candy.

The plot thickens...

Great episode.

8/10

Feb 5, 2015 11:02 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, when he cracked open the bag of Whickey Bonbon's I kept thinking they've got to be poisoned, but then shook that off since it was Nina who gave it to them. Still, it's pretty concrete she's the one who killed them, at least for the time being which is a mindfuck. Is she trying to become that second monster? Is she becoming Johann, I dunno just awesome and interesting as always.

I also enjoyed Suk. Right away I was skeptical about him, but man he grew on me quickly. His type of character provides a nice pure hearted sort of change. Although, I have a feeling he'll bite the dust like Maurer, and Richard before him.
Feb 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Mar 2013
What the heck is going on? Is Nina changing or they are directing us to think it is Nina who killed the people?
Apr 1, 2015 3:01 AM
Nov 2014
Damn, those 3 got killed the same way as the director and his 2 workers.

It looks like Nina is the one who gave them the candy, interesting.

Liked the new guy.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

93 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.