Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2022 7:48 PM

Jan 2018
First off, I just wanna say that I didn't read the manga of Mix, or at least not enough of it. I'm basing this claim on my experiences of watching past anime by the same author.

One of the complaints of Mix is that the characters aren't all that great. But the thing with Adachi Mitsuru's stories is that characters take a long time to be established beyond what they're initially portrayed as. This is true for the case of the main characters Tou, Sou, Otomi and Haruka in Season 1 which covered about halfway through the manga. Since Season 1 is an incomplete story the characters also feel incomplete. If you watched/read other anime/manga from this author then you should be familiar with how the core cast is at their weakest at the beginning of the story and by the end, they become definitive versions of themselves. I'm expecting the same thing to happen in Season 2 with characters growing up and maturing like other Adachi Mitsuru's works.

The anime-original ending at the end of S1 didn't help give the characters a lasting impression. So I hope Season 2 will give us the canon ending.

Compared to previous Adachi Mitsuru anime the setup of Mix may feel tame but I don't think the story necessarily needs a serious tragedy or something of the like to happen to justify its existence.

In conclusion, I think Season 2 will be a lot better than Season 1 and also fix some of its mistakes. I don't know if Mix will be as good as Cross Game or Touch but I don't think it'll matter much. I hope Studio OLM animates Season 2 cause they did a great job with Season 1.

I'm just glad this didn't share the same fate as some other Adachi Mitsuru anime having an incomplete (or no) anime adaptation.

If you're a manga reader, correct me if I'm wrong.
Jan 28, 2023 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
Here's hoping we get another 24 episodes for season 2.
Jan 28, 2023 10:51 PM

Jan 2018
FlamingMangos said:
Here's hoping we get another 24 episodes for season 2.
I hope so too. 2 more months to go before Season 2 starts airing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Apr 6, 2019

69 by bankredmeadow »»
Feb 18, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Mix Episode 3 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 20, 2019

13 by Clonemax2008 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » Mix Episode 24 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 28, 2019

24 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 23 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 14, 2019

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 22 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 7, 2019

9 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.