Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2022 2:52 AM
Aug 2008
I just finished watching the film, and one thing that's surprised me is the number of people criticizing the child abuse situation being solved via a stare down and a hug.

That feels like a huge oversimplification of what went down.... It's really late, and maybe I need a rewatch, but here's some food for thought.

Jump back to the scene when Kei finally got to speak to the real Suzu.

When he lashed out at her, he made it sound as if his prior attempts to get help always involved trusted adults but not the authorities. Perhaps he reached out to neighbors, friends of the family, or even relatives.

Kei: "I'll talk to your father."
Kei: "I talked to your father."
Kei: "Your father understands now."
Kei: But nothing changed. Help help help. Talk is easy.

Those kids needed legitimate help, whether in the form of an intervening counselor, police, child services, whatever. Instead, it seems they got half-assed attempts at intervention by adults who didn't want to get involved in such a difficult situation. (A soft parallel of the adults standing by and watching during the flash flood that killed Suzu's mom).

Anyway, no surprise, Kei stopped trusting others and believing they'd be rescued. He decided to shoulder the weight of the abuse, alone.

And given how volatile he was in response to Belle trying to get to know him ("Don't look at me!"), he obviously became ashamed - or even started feeling deserving - of the abuse (shown by those "bruises" forming from mental blows as much as physical). It became a dirty secret he couldn't share with others.

However, by the end:

- Suzu has gotten Kei to believe there are people out there who are listening and willing to take a stand for him and his brother.
- Through her example and concern, she's also convinced him that he doesn't have to hide who he truly is.
- She and Hiro have indirectly managed to assemble witnesses to the abuse.
- An adult has contacted the police. The 42-hour waiting period is insane, but authorities now have no choice but to follow up.

And now, when the time comes, everything suggests Kei will speak up and finally reveal the truth about the abuse to authorities. (And he's got the A Capella Aunties to back him up).

As for the dad's reaction to Suzu's stare down...

This part is more speculation, but I'm pretty sure he just got hit with a heavy dose of reality. Basically, he realized how deep of shit he's in.

On the news, he made a show of his family being happy. And in the past, on multiple occasions, he successfully deflected any concerns Kei might have raised with other adults. He's confident his image is safe.

His sons put that image at risk by showcasing his behavior on camera, but no big deal, right? Who can say anyone was even watching? And even if someone did see him, who cares? No one's ever bothered to stop him before.

Then Suzu shows up. And he hurts her. It's one thing to beat your own children into silence and control, but now you've managed to rip up the face of some schoolgirl from who knows where. And she is not able to be cowed by his aggression.

He's screwed. This guy isn't a sauntering villain or gang member who's used to push coming to shove. He looks like a clean cut salaryman, the ideal dad.

As soon as the gears start turning in that twisted brain of his, and it sinks in that he assaulted a minor over whom he has no control, he panics and takes off like the weakling he is.

Sooo... yeah. That was the longwinded way of saying I think the execution of the resolution wasn't messy, lazy, etc. The film's got some flaws, but I don't think that was one of them.

(If I'm going to gripe, the bigger question is why did the adults ever let Suzu go on her own? Can't wrap my head around that one.)

Cynical_PinkAug 7, 2022 9:25 AM
Aug 7, 2022 5:26 AM

Oct 2014
Very interesting breakdown of it.
It's Morbin' Time!
Aug 7, 2022 8:15 AM
May 2022
Kuri-cha said:
I just finished watching the film, and one thing that's surprised me is the number of people criticizing the child abuse situation being solved via a stare down and a hug.

That feels like a huge oversimplification of what went down.... It's really late, and maybe I need a rewatch, but here's some food for thought.

Jump back to the scene when Kei finally got to speak to the real Suzu.

When he lashed out at her, he made it sound as if his prior attempts to get help always involved trusted adults but not the authorities. Perhaps he reached out to neighbors, friends of the family, or even relatives.

Kei: "I'll talk to your father."
Kei: "I talked to your father."
Kei: "Your father understands now."
Kei: But nothing changed. Help help help. Talk is easy.

Those kids needed legitimate help, whether in the form of an intervening counselor, police, child services, whatever. Instead, it seems they got half-assed attempts at intervention by adults who didn't want to get involved in such a difficult situation. (A soft parallel of the adults standing by and watching during the flash flood that killed Suzu's mom).

Anyway, no surprise, Kei stopped trusting others and believing they'd be rescued. He decided to shoulder the weight of the abuse, alone.

And given how volatile he was in response to Belle trying to get to know him ("Don't look at me!"), he obviously became ashamed - or even started feeling deserving - of the abuse (shown by those "bruises" forming from mental blows as much as physical). It became a dirty secret he couldn't share with others.

However, by the end:

- Suzu has gotten Kei to believe there are people out there who are listening and willing to take a stand for him and his brother.
- Through her example and concern, she's also convinced him that he doesn't have to hide who he truly is.
- She and Hiro have indirectly managed to assemble witnesses to the abuse.
- An adult has contacted the police. The 42-hour waiting period is insane, but authorities now have no choice but to follow up.

And now, when the time comes, everything suggests Kei will speak up and finally reveal the truth about the abuse to authorities. (And he's got the A Capella Aunties to back him up).

As for the dad's reaction to Suzu's stare down...

This part is more speculation, but I'm pretty sure he just got hit with a heavy dose of reality. Basically, he realized how deep of shit he's in.

On the news, he made a show of his family being happy. And in the past, on multiple occasions, he successfully deflected any concerns Kei might have raised with other adults. He's confident his image is safe.

His sons put that image at risk by showcasing his behavior on camera, but no big deal, right? Who can say anyone was even watching? And even if someone did see him, who cares? No one's ever bothered to stop him before.

Then Suzu shows up. And he hurts her. It's one thing to beat your own children into silence and control, but now you've managed to rip up the face of some schoolgirl from who knows where. And she is not able to be cowed by his aggression.

He's screwed. This guy isn't a sauntering villain or gang member who's used to push coming to shove. He looks like a clean cut salaryman, the ideal dad.

As soon as the gears start turning in that twisted brain of his, and it sinks in that he assaulted a minor over whom he has no control, he panics and takes off like the weakling he is.

Sooo... yeah. That was the longwinded way of saying I think the execution of the resolution wasn't messy, lazy, etc. The film's got some flaws, but I don't think that was one of them.

(If I'm going to gripe, the bigger question is why did the adults ever let Suzu go on her own? Can't wrap my head around that one.)

yeah, I like your analysis, it definitely makes sense, I agree with you on pretty much all of it
Aug 7, 2022 9:19 AM
Aug 2008
DarkLeafNinja said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

yeah, I like your analysis, it definitely makes sense, I agree with you on pretty much all of it

Thanks, yeah. I just don't think it would make sense narratively for the story to end with Kei and his brother simply going home with dad and learning to stand up to him. Standing up for yourself isn't a theme of the movie, but learning to open up and trust, to not be ashamed of your pain or weaknesses, and to accept the support of others so you can learn to walk on your own are all challenges Suzu overcomes, too.

Not saying the dad's got jail time in his future, but I think Kei and his brother are no longer going to hide the abuse, and this time they'll have people in their corner who can and are willing to make a difference.
Aug 7, 2022 9:38 AM
May 2022
Kuri-cha said:
DarkLeafNinja said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

Thanks, yeah. I just don't think it would make sense narratively for the story to end with Kei and his brother simply going home with dad and learning to stand up to him. Standing up for yourself isn't a theme of the movie, but learning to open up and trust, to not be ashamed of your pain or weaknesses, and to accept the support of others so you can learn to walk on your own are all challenges Suzu overcomes, too.

Not saying the dad's got jail time in his future, but I think Kei and his brother are no longer going to hide the abuse, and this time they'll have people in their corner who can and are willing to make a difference.

that's a very good point.

I guess people just wanted an FBI raid and then throw the kids into foster care and the dad into prison, which could have ended up just as badly or worse. but the solution the movie offered and implied was a lot better for the kids, bc they have a group that cares ab them instead and who will help them through life of a random new family that could potentially be more abusive then their original dad.

and yeah it drove me crazy how that sent the girl by herself
Aug 7, 2022 9:49 AM
Aug 2008
Ginger_Menace19 said:
but the solution the movie offered and implied was a lot better for the kids, bc they have a group that cares ab them instead and who will help them through life of a random new family that could potentially be more abusive then their original dad.

Exactly. And yeah, wth were the adults thinking, sending a teenager to handle a child abuse situation on her own? Her dad was so chill about it, too, lol. Like, "I'm proud of your bravery, honey. Best of luck facing off against a grown man. Text if you want dinner."
Aug 7, 2022 10:09 AM
May 2022
Kuri-cha said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:
but the solution the movie offered and implied was a lot better for the kids, bc they have a group that cares ab them instead and who will help them through life of a random new family that could potentially be more abusive then their original dad.

Exactly. And yeah, wth were the adults thinking, sending a teenager to handle a child abuse situation on her own? Her dad was so chill about it, too, lol. Like, "I'm proud of your bravery, honey. Best of luck facing off against a grown man. Text if you want dinner."

I mean, anime logic has entered the chat 😂 but it still wasn't nearly the ending the brain dead anime snobs claim it was
Aug 7, 2022 10:40 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
42 hours is enough for the father to kill his children. And that happens quite a lot. Suzu and the adults left two kids with an abusive father who was just told off. I'm sure he's really mad about that and considering how easily he loses his temper... Yeah, it's not going to go well for the kids if he loses his temper again.

And everything you've stated about the ending was never shown in the movie itself. It's things you had to come up with to try and fill in the blanks on a crappy and rushed ending. In the end, none of that was shown in the ending besides Suzu telling the father off and then leaving.
Aug 7, 2022 5:02 PM
Aug 2008
ErogakiPatches said:
42 hours is enough for the father to kill his children.

I agree with this. I don't think they should have been left alone in that period, and doing so was very rosy/disney-esque/happily-ever-after writing for the sake of (I assume) pacing that was poorly planned. Having one of the aunties accompany Suzu on the train trip could have solved this, albeit, perhaps, at the loss of some heart-pulling.

ErogakiPatches said:
And everything you've stated about the ending was never shown in the movie itself. It's things you had to come up with to try and fill in the blanks on a crappy and rushed ending.

That I disagree with. Kei's dialogue almost certainly suggests that any prior adult intervention did not involve the police. Now that the authorities have been alerted, they have no choice but to show up, and this time Kei is willing to speak up and there are adults involved who have not only witnessed the events but actively involved themselves by issuing the initial call. Maybe it can be argued that an indifferent officer will ignore Kei during the follow up, but it'd be a huge stretch to believe the aunties and/or Suzu would not keep at the situation if there was any doubt that Kei and his brother weren't being helped.

As for the father's reaction, I don't think asking viewers to consider a character's motivation is the same as requiring audiences to "fill in the blanks." Bullies/abusers don't fit a single mold, and how a victim behaves can influences their own reaction. Maybe he was a coward. Maybe he had been walking a fine mental line ever since his wife died. Who knows (and it doesn't really matter). But the fact is, after harming Suzu, the gig was up. He could no longer fake things for the camera or otherwise. This isn't something I'm coming up with: Aside from killing her and somehow managing to cover up the crime, any escalation of the situation would result in police involvement. If he dragged the kids off, she's capable of picking up the phone and calling 119, the police, whoever, now that he put his hands on her. If he instead gave her a beatdown, her father/friends/choir aunts would involve authorities to an even larger degree in the aftermath.

I do think his reaction was incredibly dramatic. But the second he lost his temper and put his hands on her, he damned himself. For a win, he'd have had to get the boys away from her without harming her in the process. Again -- not me coming up with this. You can't put your hands on someone else's kid and expect no consequences.

tl;dr: His reaction as he fled was over the top, but his backing off was pretty realistic. Not sure what else he could have done without further digging his own grave.
Cynical_PinkAug 7, 2022 5:06 PM
Aug 7, 2022 5:16 PM
Aug 2008
Ginger_Menace19 said:

I mean, anime logic has entered the chat 😂 but it still wasn't nearly the ending the brain dead anime snobs claim it was

😂 Nah. There were definitely things I disliked and/or questioned about the movie, but it's kinda funny. Several of the points people are complaining about are what I like best about the story. I'm glad it wasn't a clear cut romance, and that it was about platonic and familial love as much as romantic love. I'm glad the beast wasn't Shinobu (something I anticipated from early on; guess I'm easily baited). And I'm also glad Suzu started with some major dislikable qualities (like how she treated her dad). It made her development more interesting, and it's nice having a heroine who isn't selfless and pure and "not bad, just misunderstood" straight from the get go.
Cynical_PinkAug 7, 2022 5:19 PM
Aug 7, 2022 5:34 PM
May 2022
Kuri-cha said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

😂 Nah. There were definitely things I disliked and/or questioned about the movie, but it's kinda funny. Several of the points people are complaining about are what I like best about the story. I'm glad it wasn't a clear cut romance, and that it was about platonic and familial love as much as romantic love. I'm glad the beast wasn't Shinobu (something I anticipated from early on; guess I'm easily baited). And I'm also glad Suzu started with some major dislikable qualities (like how she treated her dad). It made her development more interesting, and it's nice having a heroine who isn't selfless and pure and "not bad, just misunderstood" straight from the get go.

yeah for sure, I really liked how it wasn't wasn't Hollywood romance, rather an open ended one with strong family bonds too. although it was kinda funny how she went from rude to nice to her dad in the blink of an eye 😂 I was glad to see it tho

exactly! people complain that she wasn't a Mary Sue, but that's kinda why she's likable, cause shes just a person with imperfections and flaws.
Aug 7, 2022 10:55 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Kuri-cha said:
ErogakiPatches said:
42 hours is enough for the father to kill his children.

I agree with this. I don't think they should have been left alone in that period, and doing so was very rosy/disney-esque/happily-ever-after writing for the sake of (I assume) pacing that was poorly planned. Having one of the aunties accompany Suzu on the train trip could have solved this, albeit, perhaps, at the loss of some heart-pulling.

ErogakiPatches said:
And everything you've stated about the ending was never shown in the movie itself. It's things you had to come up with to try and fill in the blanks on a crappy and rushed ending.

That I disagree with. Kei's dialogue almost certainly suggests that any prior adult intervention did not involve the police. Now that the authorities have been alerted, they have no choice but to show up, and this time Kei is willing to speak up and there are adults involved who have not only witnessed the events but actively involved themselves by issuing the initial call. Maybe it can be argued that an indifferent officer will ignore Kei during the follow up, but it'd be a huge stretch to believe the aunties and/or Suzu would not keep at the situation if there was any doubt that Kei and his brother weren't being helped.

As for the father's reaction, I don't think asking viewers to consider a character's motivation is the same as requiring audiences to "fill in the blanks." Bullies/abusers don't fit a single mold, and how a victim behaves can influences their own reaction. Maybe he was a coward. Maybe he had been walking a fine mental line ever since his wife died. Who knows (and it doesn't really matter). But the fact is, after harming Suzu, the gig was up. He could no longer fake things for the camera or otherwise. This isn't something I'm coming up with: Aside from killing her and somehow managing to cover up the crime, any escalation of the situation would result in police involvement. If he dragged the kids off, she's capable of picking up the phone and calling 119, the police, whoever, now that he put his hands on her. If he instead gave her a beatdown, her father/friends/choir aunts would involve authorities to an even larger degree in the aftermath.

I do think his reaction was incredibly dramatic. But the second he lost his temper and put his hands on her, he damned himself. For a win, he'd have had to get the boys away from her without harming her in the process. Again -- not me coming up with this. You can't put your hands on someone else's kid and expect no consequences.

tl;dr: His reaction as he fled was over the top, but his backing off was pretty realistic. Not sure what else he could have done without further digging his own grave.

That's not what I mean with filling in the blanks. I'm not talking about the father figure (Though most characters in this movie aren't fleshed out at all but that's another point) but about what happens to the boys. You ASSUME that everything is okay but Hosada didn't show that at all in this movie. Everything that happens after the ending is assumed and filling in the blanks. Hosada didn't show the boys getting away from their abuser and instead showed a scene where Suzu and her family are happy. Nothing about the boys.
Yes, "show, don't tell" is a big thing and is needed for these things but Hosada didn't do anything to make it seem like anything would change for them or get better. Instead he made a crappy scene that rightfully got a lot of people (Including me) pissed off about how he handled an abusive father and getting help for the abused children.
Everything you've come up with is "filling in the blanks" from what Hosada created.
Take Sword of The Stranger. A great movie but flawed as many things are. The ending, not to spoil anything, let viewers decide on their own what happened afterwards by not revealing what happened. However, they left several things in the ending that could lead you to believe two different endings. You could believe a happy ending or a bad ending. But both of those endings can be seen by the viewer from small things. Here are the spoilers for that movie and how they did the ending correct and Belle didn't:

There are more anime like this which has an ending that could go either way but allows for the viewer to decide on their own. And even with the non multiple endings but rather ambiguous endings, those shows still have evidence to not have the viewer have to fill in everything for the creators.
This ending of Belle pissed me off more than anything I've seen as of late and probably nothing else will piss me off more.
The entire movie has a LOT of flaws and this ending is probably one of the bigger ones. It pissed a lot of us off for very clear reasons and I couldn't stand to even listen to it in the movie theater because it pissed me off so much. I really thought about walking out so many times and I almost did when that part came up and they ended it just after that.
Aug 7, 2022 11:19 PM
Aug 2008
ErogakiPatches said:
Hosada didn't show the boys getting away from their abuser and instead showed a scene where Suzu and her family are happy. Nothing about the boys.
Yes, "show, don't tell" is a big thing and is needed for these things but Hosada didn't do anything to make it seem like anything would change for them or get better.

First, thank you VERY much for the spoiler tag. I'm not going to look (because I don't want to be spoiled on other shows/films I haven't seen), but I'm grateful for the courtesy.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. While I don't think the boys are guaranteed an immediate happy ending, or even permanent removal from their father's custody, I believe things have been set in motion and there are now too many people invested for things to continue without the situation changing in any form. The addition of a strong support network in itself can't solve domestic violence, but it makes a difference.

Anyhoo, I'm sorry the film left such a bad taste in your mouth, but I appreciate you sharing your perspective so considerately.
Cynical_PinkAug 8, 2022 4:55 AM
Aug 8, 2022 2:47 PM
Apr 2019
please sumarize in 8 sentences max
Aug 8, 2022 3:07 PM
Aug 2008
nabewry said:
please sumarize in 8 sentences max

Prolly being sarcastic, but~

1. Kei's first dialogue with Suzu suggests law enforcement had never been involved with the domestic abuse, so he and his bro prolly tried trusting adults who weren't really willing to get involved (family friends, neighbors, whoever); it left the kids alone, ashamed and withdrawn.

2. But there are now witnesses to the abuse.

3. And the cops have been called, so authorities WILL have to become involved

4. This time, police report + invested group of adults + social media superstar + Kei's new willingness to not hide the abuse = hope for change/first steps forward (a theme of the movie)

5. Dad f'd himself by hurting Suzu; you might be able to beat your own children into submission and secrecy, but now that he's hurt someone else's kid (and that kid refuses to be frightened off), he wouldn't be able to deny accusations and/or charges of violence against a minor, even if he tried

6. I think the animation/voice acting of him fleeing was crazy over the top, but his backing off was realistic, because any other actions at that point would just escalate any charges placed against him

7. I agree it was stupid/poor writing to let Suzu go alone and to leave the kids with the dad for whatever remained of the 42 hours

Cynical_PinkAug 8, 2022 3:13 PM
Aug 8, 2022 11:00 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Kuri-cha said:
ErogakiPatches said:
Hosada didn't show the boys getting away from their abuser and instead showed a scene where Suzu and her family are happy. Nothing about the boys.
Yes, "show, don't tell" is a big thing and is needed for these things but Hosada didn't do anything to make it seem like anything would change for them or get better.

First, thank you VERY much for the spoiler tag. I'm not going to look (because I don't want to be spoiled on other shows/films I haven't seen), but I'm grateful for the courtesy.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. While I don't think the boys are guaranteed an immediate happy ending, or even permanent removal from their father's custody, I believe things have been set in motion and there are now too many people invested for things to continue without the situation changing in any form. The addition of a strong support network in itself can't solve domestic violence, but it makes a difference.

Anyhoo, I'm sorry the film left such a bad taste in your mouth, but I appreciate you sharing your perspective so considerately.

I highly recommend Sword of The Stranger as it is one of the best films I've seen as of yet, with one of the best soundtracks that I've ever heard.

There are a lot of problems I've had with this movie but in the end it's just my opinion. Art is subjective and everyone is free to like and hate whatever they want. I know that Hosada meant well with this ending but it still pissed me off. That's my own personal backstory that makes me so mad about it, but I would never want someone else to hate the movie because of my opinion. I do think, and you may agree with me on this, that Hosada had WAY too many different themes and plot points that never actually mattered when it came to the ending. He seemed to want to put too much into the movie without seeing whether any of it would matter, if that time could be spent better elsewhere(like with the characters), or that all the themes in one movie wouldn't work every well. And there is a lot that doesn't make sense at all as well. I have many opinions on how this movie could have been handled better, but, again, it's just my opinion and shouldn't change someone else's when it comes to media and art. I still respect Hosada as a filmmaker and think that, if contained more, that he can make something really special, like The Girl Who Lept Through Time. He's nowhere near the same level as Hayao Miyzaki or Satoshi Kon, but he's not a bad film maker at all.

I'm all up for discussions on these things and I generally detest when people say you have "shit taste", that something is "bad", or throw insults at people because they are unable to actually formulate good arguments for their cases. They also seem to forget that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "art is subjective". There are technical things you can critique and even story elements where things don't make sense, even in universe, but the large majority of media is all about personal taste and opinions. Things that people will love, I may not. Things that people hate, I may not. It's all about personal taste and how your own life shapes that for you. Nothing more, nothing less.
But yeah, I really recommend Sword of The Stranger. It's just a movie and doesn't take too long.
Aug 12, 2022 10:42 AM
Aug 2008
ErogakiPatches said:
Kuri-cha said:

I highly recommend Sword of The Stranger as it is one of the best films I've seen as of yet, with one of the best soundtracks that I've ever heard.

There are a lot of problems I've had with this movie but in the end it's just my opinion. Art is subjective and everyone is free to like and hate whatever they want. I know that Hosada meant well with this ending but it still pissed me off. That's my own personal backstory that makes me so mad about it, but I would never want someone else to hate the movie because of my opinion. I do think, and you may agree with me on this, that Hosada had WAY too many different themes and plot points that never actually mattered when it came to the ending. He seemed to want to put too much into the movie without seeing whether any of it would matter, if that time could be spent better elsewhere(like with the characters), or that all the themes in one movie wouldn't work every well. And there is a lot that doesn't make sense at all as well. I have many opinions on how this movie could have been handled better, but, again, it's just my opinion and shouldn't change someone else's when it comes to media and art. I still respect Hosada as a filmmaker and think that, if contained more, that he can make something really special, like The Girl Who Lept Through Time. He's nowhere near the same level as Hayao Miyzaki or Satoshi Kon, but he's not a bad film maker at all.

I'm all up for discussions on these things and I generally detest when people say you have "shit taste", that something is "bad", or throw insults at people because they are unable to actually formulate good arguments for their cases. They also seem to forget that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "art is subjective". There are technical things you can critique and even story elements where things don't make sense, even in universe, but the large majority of media is all about personal taste and opinions. Things that people will love, I may not. Things that people hate, I may not. It's all about personal taste and how your own life shapes that for you. Nothing more, nothing less.
But yeah, I really recommend Sword of The Stranger. It's just a movie and doesn't take too long.

Thank you very much for the recommendation! .

And Belle was actually my first Hosada film. Since I enjoyed it as much as I did, despite fans being massively divided on its quality, here's hoping I'll like his other works even more. I can definitely agree that it had room for improvement (in particular, I'd have preferred more time be dedicated to why Belle became so interested in the Beast in the first place), but in the end, the music, animation and Suzu's story helped me overlook other flaws.

Greatly looking forward to Sword of the Stranger, though, as it sounds like a very solid film.Thanks again!
Apr 20, 2023 9:11 PM
Mar 2009
in belle the 2 abused children was only the macafin of the story, what moved the story, not its theme.

The main theme is 2 social networks with good / bad things and Suzu's trauma that prevents her from singing or trying to sing.

That is why its highest point is the song itself and not the rescue of the children that I will talk about after this, the song Suzu sacrifices her anonymity to show that 2 children that she can trust her and through the song that she speaks about the people who are far away and will not return, it is where that person who will not return finally understands her mother that she did not have to be afraid of what others will say and the important thing was to save others, that she was at that moment doing the same and that is why he sings because it is the only thing he can do to save what he had been suffering where nobody paid attention to him on social networks for pure appearances (here is the irony)

the rest was only a result, it is where the father only pretended to be someone strong and fearsome as if he were a "dragon" that through intimidation and blows tried to control the other weak ones, Suzu who did not live alone since they took her, He found them and wanted to pretend to be strong but when he saw that he was not scared, his mask fell off and he showed his true self, a mediocre and mediocre guy, just like the opposite that Suzu showed in her song that she gave up on Belle to show herself how it's her, just the opposite of how the dragon was.

It is certain that those who accompanied her arrived later but that does not matter, what mattered was that her father, who is her family, has been there and will not be as far away as her mother.

That's the end of the movie, that's why the song is so powerful because it conveys so many feelings, protection, wanting to be with the family, giving everything to help others.
Jun 20, 2023 3:14 AM
Jan 2020
Cynical_Pink said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

Personally I would have loved the movie more if the beast was shinobu..., I feel the movie tried too many relationships (?), I mean, if the beast was shinobu, then it would have been a great romantic movie (I feel like I was totally baited there to think that way ig lol). But still, the animation, music & song we're phenomenal!

Btw, one of the reasons for me to think that the beast was shinobu was coz of "the girl who lept through time" Movie, another movie from same director, and that movie's ending and the reveal totally made me like the movie in a more positive way... Almost quite the opposite of this movie(belle) lol. But well I rated both of them same... Overall both were quite good. Btw wolf children is my fav movie by this director.

More topics from this board

» Nobody knows Hosoda's news?

ihavenojob - Mar 26

1 by YukiPwns00 »»
Mar 27, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Noodle070 - Aug 16, 2021

141 by parzxval »»
Mar 4, 1:45 AM

» Who does Belle end up with??

Miyuki-K - Feb 3, 2022

35 by iNinjeek »»
Jan 2, 6:27 PM

» i hate that it took me this long for me to figure it out

mydaddy - Apr 20, 2022

11 by little_shiz17 »»
Nov 11, 2023 4:09 AM

» It's like Summer Wars

iamRey - Apr 1, 2023

2 by ZoeyDLuffy »»
Apr 3, 2023 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.