Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2022 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
im currently at ch143 just need to know where i should stop. i just wanna catch up to the starting point of the movie
removed-userAug 6, 2022 9:52 AM
Aug 6, 2022 6:37 AM
Sep 2020
Stop at chaoter 276 then rate it a 10/10
Aug 6, 2022 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
scavydavy said:
Stop at chaoter 276 then rate it a 10/10
im gonna watch the movie i liked the cgi.
Aug 6, 2022 10:01 AM

Jan 2017
Hydroalbidius said:
im currently at ch143 just need to know where i should stop. i just wanna catch up to the starting point of the movie

It has not been announced , but some fans expect it to be a direct follow-up to the Anime.
If it's really the case , it would adapt Chapter 190+.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 13, 2022 10:34 PM

Aug 2020
The anime covered about 197 chapters, so assuming that the movie will really cover manga material then it would cover chapters 198 to 276.

Nov 4, 2022 4:10 PM

Nov 2020
Still we don't know if this will be the end of the manga or something new, right? Watching the trailer, looks like something new.
-Hyunckel-Nov 4, 2022 6:42 PM
Nov 5, 2022 7:19 AM

Feb 2021
-Hyunckel- said:
Still we don't know if this will be the end of the manga or something new, right? Watching the trailer, looks like something new.

It is a sequel, badly done though. Better read the manga. Still I wonder why they can't make TV series and done this.
Nov 5, 2022 1:01 PM
Apr 2022
Memore said:
-Hyunckel- said:

It is a sequel, badly done though. Better read the manga. Still I wonder why they can't make TV series and done this.
maybe they want to see the popularity of the franchise right now with the movie if the movie does well in Japan they than probably announce a sequel tv series or maybe because of the mangaka they don't want to overwork him because he had health issues back when vegabond was serialized
Nov 5, 2022 1:08 PM

Feb 2021
RahulGandhiHalwa said:
Memore said:

maybe they want to see the popularity of the franchise right now with the movie if the movie does well in Japan they than probably announce a sequel tv series or maybe because of the mangaka they don't want to overwork him because he had health issues back when vegabond was serialized

Movie will be sold bad in Japan's theatres, I am sure. He has health problems for a long time, it doesn't mean that he have to destroy his work by making this horrible work.
Nov 25, 2022 5:59 PM

Apr 2019
Memore said:
RahulGandhiHalwa said:

Movie will be sold bad in Japan's theatres, I am sure. He has health problems for a long time, it doesn't mean that he have to destroy his work by making this horrible work.

You have no idea how insanely popular Slam Dunk is in Japan lmfao
Nov 26, 2022 1:13 AM
Dec 2010
LimeJinjo said:
Memore said:

You have no idea how super duper pissed the Japanese are at Inoue and the staff of this movie right now. From the moment the trailer was released there are people who are genuinely distraught at what they are witnessing.

One week before the movie is released and they are STILL yet to reveal the contents of this movie and who the main opponent is. No one has an idea if this movie is a continuation, a reboot, a Eva Rebuild style remake or some complete nonsense that is loosely connected to the manga. The more they hide it, the more it suggests that Toei knows this movie is bad and wants to scam people into watching it.
scytheavatarNov 27, 2022 12:17 AM
Nov 26, 2022 1:28 AM

Feb 2021
LimeJinjo said:
Memore said:

On the contrary, I know it perfectly. And I hope for a normal TV adaptation of the remaining manga chapters without these horrible 3D CGI.
scytheavatar said:
LimeJinjo said:

You have no idea how super duper pissed the Japanese are at Inoue and the staff of this movie right now. From the moment the trailer was released there are people who are genuinely distraught at what they are witnessing.

One week before the movie is released and they are STILL yet to reveal the contents of this movie and who the main opponent is. No one has an idea if this movie is a continuation, a remake from scratch, a Eva Rebuild style remake or some complete nonsense that is loosely connected to the manga. The more they hide it, the more it suggests that Toei knows this movie is bad and wants to scam people into watching it.

Absolutely agree with you. This movie is a failure.
Dec 2, 2022 7:35 PM

Jul 2010
Memore said:
RahulGandhiHalwa said:

“Destroy his work” how melodramatic. It seems like its doing pretty well. Its sold out here in shibuya in a few theaters.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 3, 2022 1:32 AM

Feb 2021
ariamachi said:
Memore said:

“Destroy his work” how melodramatic. It seems like its doing pretty well. Its sold out here in shibuya in a few theaters.

It doesn't matter. Overall it is bad.
Dec 3, 2022 11:02 AM
Mar 2016
Wait a moment, is a failure for dont tell you anything in the trailer? Xdxd. Im so glad they did that to have the mistery of a movie.
Dec 3, 2022 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Memore said:
ariamachi said:

It doesn't matter. Overall it is bad.

No. No it's not. It is a pretty good movie. Just because an anime is CGI doesn't mean its automatically bad.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 4, 2022 8:21 AM

Aug 2012
So did this really end up being a sequel?
And if so how many chapters did it cover after all??
Dec 5, 2022 4:06 AM
Oct 2019
Can someone that watched the movie still maybe tell us what chapters we have to read before watching the movie?
Do we even have to read the manga to watch the movie?
Has the movie have to do anything with the manga.

Please tell me, thanks in advance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The First Slam Dunk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WeAllShineOn - Dec 3, 2022

65 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 10:49 AM

» Blu-Ray when?

HusaynTV - Aug 14, 2023

9 by leftjoycon »»
Apr 2, 9:56 PM

» 『THE FIRST SLAM DUNK』Movie Blu-ray/DVD LIMITED EDITION + Standard Edition sold 234,764 copies in its first week

deg - Mar 5

5 by Otaku_4511 »»
Mar 14, 8:48 AM

» Never watched slam dunk

SakataGintoki420 - Jun 18, 2023

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 28, 2023 7:54 PM

» Confused

Cheggeronis - Aug 4, 2023

6 by giffica »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.