Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Welp, it looks theyhave a plan after all. Brokeena is lowkey a hero here for being part of this plan to take on Mystvearn.

Quite an episode. I like how everyone is united with one goal especially seeing the threat that Mystvearn has become. Popp has became quite a badass this arc imo.
Aug 5, 2022 6:00 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 5, 2022 7:16 PM

Nov 2020
Fucking epic episode! What an end!
Aug 5, 2022 7:42 PM
Oct 2016
Popp gave it the ole college try. He got the spell right on, managed to save Mr Beast aka Brokeena, and had it dead set on Mystvearn. The dude is just too powerful, Mystvearn swatted the spell away as if it was nothing. Redirected it directly back to where Popp had fled with Brokeena. After hearing that story from the past about how Avan made that frozen time spell for Hadlar so they would both be frozen in place never to cause any damage to the world again. Popp found that resolve to be the one whom saves the day here in this fight. It wad cool seeing the long flashback to the old generation of heroes and their bond. Avan had a good group with him, just like Dai does. Things looked ok after Brokeena gave Popp that opening to fire off the spell but man did it not go well. Popp and Brokeena are MIA now after the blast went right at them. The battle against Mystvearn is reaching its climax, Killvearn is even about to arrive, the heroes are on their last leg.
Aug 5, 2022 8:56 PM

Feb 2019
This was PERFECT. Finally found out Mam’s parents as well as who Mr. Beast is.

He was really beating Myst’s ass there for a good while lmao that was so satisfying to see. Shame he couldn’t last longer, but I’m sure the others will make him proud. Hope we get to see Avan next week, been too long
Aug 5, 2022 9:04 PM
Sep 2015
Mystvearn wasn't kidding when he say he's stronger than Vearn, even though it's not clear if Dai really defeat Vearn for real or not.

And in the next episode Killvearn will meet Mystvearn, complicating a situation even more.

I feel like I deserve a full anime on a flashback event, aka Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai - The Hero Avan and The Hellfire Dark Lord, maybe it can be made as a movie? Or include in a upcoming game Infinity Strash?
Aug 5, 2022 9:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, look at that flashback, making me wondering what exactly happen next since y'know Avan manage to let himself go from the frozen time spell, same with Hadlar, or maybe i'm tripping xd. Avan spin-off anime when? Looks like the secret spell of frozen time still have a secret going on, and also the same with current episode cliffhanger that really goes beyond my imagination. Bru Mystvearn ofc can't be defeated that easily. So, Poppu, roshi Brokeena, rip? or nay? Let's see next!
badabassAug 6, 2022 5:43 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 5, 2022 9:18 PM

Sep 2018
A very great episode indeed, can't complain anything at all! :3
Aug 5, 2022 10:27 PM

Jan 2019
badabass said:
Avan manage to let himself go from the frozen time spell, same with Hadlar, or maybe i'm tripping xd.

They both were frozen for 1 year, if i understood correctly.
Aug 5, 2022 10:50 PM
Sep 2014
How old is Brokeena supposed to be? Matoriv seems to be officially about 98 at this point, could Brokeena be a comparable age and just in better shape because of martial arts? Guy's like what Roshi could've been if Toriyama didn't relegate him to a joke character in DBZ (until Super where he had a moment or two, sure)
Aug 5, 2022 10:56 PM
Sep 2014
phantomfandom said:
Mystvearn wasn't kidding when he say he's stronger than Vearn, even though it's not clear if Dai really defeat Vearn for real or not.

And in the next episode Killvearn will meet Mystvearn, complicating a situation even more.

I feel like I deserve a full anime on a flashback event, aka Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai - The Hero Avan and The Hellfire Dark Lord, maybe it can be made as a movie? Or include in a upcoming game Infinity Strash?

I think it's still ongoing, but given how popular this likely is, I think it'd be awesome to see it get adapted, esp. if it's even half the length of this, it'd be pretty epic.
Aug 6, 2022 2:38 AM

Jun 2021
Mistvearn pulled a "Is that all" move on everybody.
Aug 6, 2022 2:44 AM

Feb 2008
Mistvearn: Oh, that attack could probably defeat me... lol nope.
Aug 6, 2022 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
That moment where Mystvearn deviated the Medroa with a single slap was cold af. What a way to end the episode.
Aug 6, 2022 5:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I loved seeing more of Avan's backstory with the revelation of Maam's parents that were his companions, but that end!!!! Seriously that was extremely epic Poop's Medroa and teleportation to save Brokeena but Mystvearn is really that OP with only one move changing the direction of the spell right on them.. hope that Popp and Brokeena are safe though
Aug 6, 2022 10:30 AM

May 2018
Now that's the biggest 'no u' moment in history xD
Aug 6, 2022 10:44 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Well Damn!!! Myst just deflected that Medora like it was nothing, but that was the risk in casting that spell. Popp was doing too much trying to save Mamm's master and it backfired on him.
Aug 6, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby dragon lords! That ending.... Hoping it going to be like when goku hit himself with his own spirit bomb in the tournament of power. I cant go on without my mad lad Popp. Hasnt he died enough this series!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
He batted medora away like kitten with a ball. I guess Dai didn't Zoom in to save the day. Popp's plan was a damn good one, too.

I have thought for a long time that Myst and Kill were Vearn's clones or something like it.
Aug 6, 2022 10:06 PM

Oct 2008
damn! Myst-Vearn is too stronk! i thing Myst-Vearn is the prime example counterpart of Omega Weapon who is stronger than the Final Boss Ultimecia in FF8VIII....
but i wonder if Killvearn is much sly compared to Myst...
5/5.

Aug 7, 2022 9:20 AM

Feb 2021
I hope that Popp and Brokeena will survive after Myst-Vear powerful attack on them!
Aug 7, 2022 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
lets see how Popp and Brokeena survives that reflected Medroa

and the mystery continues MystVearn can still fight while his time is frozen

Aug 8, 2022 7:21 AM
Apr 2021
Such a great episode! Got to see a good back story of the og gang that defeated Hadlar and turns out two of them were Maams parents?!

Popp was so good in this episode, I always get hyped to see my boi Popp. But I think he just died with the grand master, I’m gonna be pissed if they are actually dead, I need more episodes asap!
Aug 8, 2022 5:38 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode, Dragon Quest is really one of the best recent shounen animations, I cant wait for the secret about Vearns Identity to be revealed next episode!
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Aug 12, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
deg said:
lets see how Popp and Brokeena survives that reflected Medroa

and the mystery continues MystVearn can still fight while his time is frozen

majin_mark505 said:
Such a great episode! Got to see a good back story of the og gang that defeated Hadlar and turns out two of them were Maams parents?!

Popp was so good in this episode, I always get hyped to see my boi Popp. But I think he just died with the grand master, I’m gonna be pissed if they are actually dead, I need more episodes asap!

valoon said:
Amazing episode, Dragon Quest is really one of the best recent shounen animations, I cant wait for the secret about Vearns Identity to be revealed next episode!

I also wait for the next episode! Love this series so much! We need more adaptations of such great works!
Aug 12, 2022 2:14 PM
Dec 2013
R.I.P. Popp. You will be missed.
Aug 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Mar 2010
Their Face's being sooo fucking dumbfounded was the greatest thing ever, I ejaculated with laughter.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 5, 2022 8:18 AM
Oct 2019
Wow Flashback about Avan and Hadlar, i want more of it.

No way, Mystvearn just bitch slap Pop Medroa šŸ¤£

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.