Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 4, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Emi always draws her sword when she's angry. However in this case, she's also protecting Alas Ramus.

This episode also shows how powerful Alas Ramus can be when she's angry. She is very protective of her new parents. I wish the animation of the fight was better though..as the chereography looked lazy compared to the previous season.

Glad they got her back.
Aug 4, 2022 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
Gabriel and his archangels have sought for Alas Ramus, and this is an emergency enough to put Maou, Emi and Co. on guard, except to make sure Chiho is avoided as a 3rd party of sorts.

This unfortunately also means that Alas Ramus a.k.a Yesod the 9th sephira, birthed from the Tree of Life that is Sephiroth (something like your usual horoscope kinda things), it's like God bringing down His judgment, but based on one child that got loose descending down towards Earth. And this means that both Maou and Emi are sharing a room for the night together with Alas Ramus, and they really act like parents towards the unknown child that is of their utmost importance from the enemy. I'd like to think that this is where the Maou X Emi ship actually got its base even if there're hints in Season 1 and the LN.

Pretty sly for Gabriel to show up covertly in their house to claim either Emi's scared Yesod sword or Alas Ramus, but Maou has an even better plan: use himself as a sacrifice to spare both. And what Alas Ramus did...most certainly is a child in rightful anger issues powered by magic, while the adults have their usual memorable battles...if only not stifled by the limited animation on the action.

Alas Ramus definitely got swiped away by Gabriel from the looks of it, but thankfully she's fine...by integrating herself into Emi's Yesod sword and armour. Though the mystery of what Gabriel told her definitely is this fact, but to bring the Demon King's Second Coming of Calamity onto Earth, if this happened, it will be worse than the entrety of Ente Isla's war.

Yeah...the animation already fell apart on the action, which looks hideous at best. But sadly even if we called White Fox back, they're not the same now, compared to back in 2013.
KANLen09Aug 4, 2022 8:29 AM
Aug 4, 2022 8:00 AM

Jan 2018
How sweet for Emilia and Maou sleeping together with Alas Ramus.

As usual, Gabriel's personality is quite amusing. I hope it will never change.

Alas Ramus using her powers huh. Quite fantastic.

Maou getting depressed after Alas Ramus disappeared... I feel for ya, but she's back so yeah.

Cannot wait for the next episode.
Aug 4, 2022 8:00 AM

Dec 2012
this episode looked terrible
Aug 4, 2022 8:01 AM

Mar 2022
this episode almost had me crying đź’€

Aug 4, 2022 8:13 AM
Feb 2021
the animation is dogshit and why the animation looks worse than usual? like seriously ok you can argue with me about this but, when i see this something like off from studios i personally don't know how to process the kitchen there, one thing is sure hopefully they will improve next week. hopefully this comment read by "them"
Aug 4, 2022 8:20 AM

Sep 2012
My eyes genuinely hurt the entire episode from the ass animation. I firmly believe that Season 2 should have never come out unless White Fox animated it.
Oh god who are you people?
Aug 4, 2022 8:22 AM

Sep 2017
I'm terribly disappointed. What's with the nosedive in quality? The episode makes my eyes hurt.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Aug 4, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2020
Okay let me get this out of the way since its the only bother...ehem damn that animation is fucked and shit, my goodness. Alright and with that out of the way, I guess things happened in this episode.

Aww look at them three looking like a family, Maou telling a "revised story of his" to our cutie child, and though Emi is reluctant as always, they did had a nice sleep...just in time for Gabriel to sneak in. He is powerful, it's just that Emilia is weak which kinda make it one-sided, also is Maou thinking alright by making him the sacrifice, I mean it was a nice offer but Alas Ramus was just beside you.

And though this whole fiasco is unresolved, Emi did get that warning and she got her daughter as a sword...ngl that made me laugh, I guess that upcoming Sword Isekai anime is not original after all. But hey it's important that the child is safe and for now we all are at peace.

And then Mitsuki came in with the spoiler that I already know, thanks you obese bastard. Anyways aside from the you-know-what in my first paragraph, this ep is good, and when Lucifer came out with that taunt to Gabriel's henchmen, that made it more legit.
Aug 4, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
chakracat said:
My eyes genuinely hurt the entire episode from the ass animation. I firmly believe that Season 2 should have never come out unless White Fox animated it.
Universally agreed. Everyone's eyes are bawling out.
Aug 4, 2022 8:39 AM

Dec 2020
It's a real shame that the animation is THIS terrible.
Aug 4, 2022 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
lmao Emilia's sword is basically only for show at this point and holy what happened to the production during this fight, I don't know what that was but it still was a good episode in my opinion.
At least my boy Ashiya got some more screen time, that's all I care about honestly and he delved more into the Demon side of the invasion which is more interesting than what's going on now.

Bedtime story was the highlight of the episode though and bruh Dio I mean Gabrielle appearing out of now where made me laugh.

LoreMasterDanAug 4, 2022 9:11 AM
Aug 4, 2022 9:00 AM
Aug 2021
Amazing episode!! bedtime story was really adorable and alas ramus is actually strong. Gabriel is kinda cool , not a shady villain.
Aug 4, 2022 9:01 AM
Apr 2014
I would enjoy this alot more if the animation wasnt a steaming pile of dog poo.
I await the mulitple unplanned 1 week breaks with a recap ep in its place.

You have generic isekai one off ln adapation #356 with better animation than this, its just embrassing.
Joe88Aug 4, 2022 9:04 AM
Aug 4, 2022 9:03 AM

Oct 2017
So much for saving Alas Ramus, she ended up saving them instead. I'm glad she wasn't taken away and is still with them. So the one who stole Yesod was Emilia's mother.
Aug 4, 2022 9:06 AM

Sep 2018
Holy fuck, I'm not usually someone who pays much attention to bad animation, but this episode was horrible to look at. It felt like the faces were off-model far more often than they were actually correct. If things are looking this bad by episode 4, I can't say I have the best of hopes for the production's future.

Oh, and Alas Ramus' name is still annoying.
Aug 4, 2022 9:10 AM
Sep 2021
I never ever thought that i would drop this exact show but damn it is painful for my eyes.
Aug 4, 2022 9:12 AM

Feb 2019
Plot was decent today, some interesting world building things particularly with emilia’s mother being the original one to steal Yesodd. But so man missed frames and rough animation today. Really tough to watch.
Aug 4, 2022 9:16 AM
Sep 2015
It's nice to see Maou cry, I want to see more of his tears...

Anyway, a decline in quality is just a tip of the iceburg of the problem of this sequel. The main problem is that the story doesn't deliver to the name of the anime. The name of the anime is translated to Working (Hataraku) Demon King (Maousama) right? We only see Demon King do all kind of things, except working (as a part-timer) which is kinda a prominent point of the first season. If I want to watch Demon King fight I could go watch dozens of other anime, but only this anime has Demon King serve french fries to a customer. And if this season doesn't have that, then what is its uniqueness?
Aug 4, 2022 9:18 AM

Jul 2021
40 seconds in episode and my first thought was wtf happened to their faces? Are they facing production issues? Tf were those faces.

It sure had a bad impact on my enjoyment.

The night-time story part was cute also the ending part was good. Liked the Alas Ramus fight scene.

I knew Alas Ramus will come to rescue at the end and that's what happened, didn't expect her to become part of Emi's blade and armour.

3/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 4, 2022 9:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Must be a tense time for them given whats going to happen in the morning. Its always fun to see Emi be surprised at seeing how much Maou has changed as a result of his experiences here. It was cute seeing the three sleep together like a family. Gentlemen or not appearing like that sure is creepy of Gabriel. Alas Ramus repelling Gabriel was hillarious. Though brief its nice to see Emi take to the field. Its good that Alas Ramus wasn't taken though its curious that she's always going to be with Emi now as part of her gear. Though Gabriel may be repelled for now going forward looks like Emi has some things to figure out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2022 9:33 AM

Dec 2020
That was a nice action and and emotional episode.
Emilia slept with maou between alas ramus cute.
So Emilia must be the one to prioritize what matters more.
Glad Alsa ramus came back.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Să‚·

Aug 4, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2021
I'm more or less used to this artstyle so it didn't bother me much but the fights still looked pretty awkward. Apart from that, its fine.

Aug 4, 2022 9:39 AM
Oct 2016
Alus Ramus being the most clutch little daughter in anime this episode. Doing a dragon ball energy style attack creating that force around her and pile driving Gabriel across the city. Emi tried her best to stop him after that rude awakening, literally, Gabriel just sitting their waiting for them to wake up. He's a really weird dude but I suppose that comes with being an all powerful angel. Their personalities don't seem to be the best. Maou putting his life on the line trying to protect Alus Ramus. Offering his own head in exchange for not taking her. Being really depressed after she was seemingly taken by Gabriel. Its interesting that Alus Ramus fused with Emi new sword. We learned that shes one of the shards of a fruit on the tree that creates the world. Maybe her fusion with the sword since its also a share is come kind of clue.
Aug 4, 2022 9:41 AM

Dec 2010
that pre-OP scene was just depressing to watch. the drawing on the eyes was just painful...

Also nice post-credit scene, hope people don't skip on that.
Aug 4, 2022 9:54 AM

Mar 2012
It really annoys me when little bitch says how her Papa and Mama should love each other forever, Maou being her Papa is somewhat understandable but it makes absolutely no sense with Emi as her Mama.
Aug 4, 2022 10:06 AM

Jun 2021
“I don’t get it. Boil it down to like, three sentences.” Lol Lucifer. I really relate to that lazy NEET. Although the way he handled those angels reminds you just who Lucifer is.

So is Alas Ramus like a fruit that’s part of the Tree or Life? Like the embodiment of Yesod? I guess if that’s the case, Gabriel does kinda have a point for the sake of the balance of the world. But “If” though. I also didn’t think Emi’s sword was made of a shard of Yesod too.

But man, Alas Ramus was so cute snuggled between Maou and Emi! That bed time story was totally about Maou right? Him and Emi really were like a family for one night. It was pretty cute! Gabriel had to show up and ruin everything but Alas sure whooped his smug little ass. Emi was great too! Didn’t think Alas Ramus would become part of Emi’s gear. Glad she’s safe for now!

After this week, I got lots of questions though. What’s the legend about King Satan and what’s that whole calamity thing? What happened to the rest of the Yesod things that Emi’s mom stole and why did she steal them in the first place? And what’s Gabriel’s actual game? Dude is definitely up to no good.
Aug 4, 2022 10:16 AM

Mar 2020
So people are now noticing the bad animation lol what did you guys expect? It was already trash in the sol scenes there was no way its not gonna get worse when an action scene happens.
Enjoy the "modern anime artstyle" lmao
nhc9Aug 4, 2022 10:38 AM
Aug 4, 2022 10:20 AM

May 2020
A third rate studio will be a third rate studio, so no surprises here. Anyways atleast the deal with that Gabriel guy is over for now, and they left us with some huge revelation too. So fine I guess.
Aug 4, 2022 10:36 AM
Sep 2021
at least i have whole 8 episodes to watch yet
Aug 4, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 2022
It was mid, mid action, and mid story
Aug 4, 2022 11:57 AM

Aug 2021
the animation in this episode was pretty horrible, especially during the entire gabriel confrontation sequence. not only was the art style changed but it looked like someone produced this episode using capcut and imovie. unfortunate, i thought the animation was decent this season up until now and i was just getting used to the new art style too.
Aug 4, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Usually I don't pick on the animation but this episode was a meme in this regard
Aug 4, 2022 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
Faces and animation were horrible even outside the fight scene, which seems to be the only thing people is focusing on.
The story is subpar in comparison with S1 which was simpler but worked well with what it had, so what could make the animation stay aside can't hold it.

9 years for this, could someone that read the source material confirm me if Alas Ramus is here to stay?
Waifus only represent ideals
Aug 4, 2022 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Still enjoyed the episode but still, can't lie to myself the terrible animation really distracting me to enjoy it fully.
Seems like the budget went down pretty fast..
Aug 4, 2022 2:22 PM

Dec 2017
My reaction to this episode:

Aug 4, 2022 2:23 PM
Jun 2013
Dont watch the show, just went to watch the episode to see if was really bad and man, anime fans like always stupidly overreacting like the world is ending, outside the clear off model faces here and there it was a perfectly well watchable anime, saw like dozen of way cheaper looking anime than this xD
Aug 4, 2022 2:29 PM

Dec 2017
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Dont watch the show, just went to watch the episode to see if was really bad and man, anime fans like always stupidly overreacting like the world is ending, outside the clear off model faces here and there it was a perfectly well watchable anime, saw like dozen of way cheaper looking anime than this xD

It's not even that though... the source material was frankly bad and White Fox did miracles with S1 (and this was their peak era with shows like Steins;Gate). Of course from the PV I knew this was going to suck but nobody listens to me these days do they.
Aug 4, 2022 2:53 PM
Dec 2019
This episode was the worst adapted of the whole season. It totally missed the background of how much Maou suffered because of Alas Ramus' absence. It sucked as an episode. I'm so pissed off with this crappy adaptations.
Aug 4, 2022 2:59 PM

Jul 2022
THIS SUCKS. satan was very epic and stronk last season, but this season he's pretty pathetic
and i feel like the story is getting unnecessarily complicated
Aug 4, 2022 3:48 PM
Jun 2020
That animation... now I admit, it is bad. I mean, really bad.
Aug 4, 2022 4:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This one went by really fast for me, while there were some animation and art hiccups the fight did look nice and it was nice to see the gang fighting again, Gabriel has also been a fun villain so far, I’m really enjoying his remarks and personality lol.

And it appeared Alas Ramus was gone but she actually became Emi Yusa’s sword, who woulda thought lol. And it looks like Gabriel is in cahoots with the KFC guy, interesting plot we got here. I’ll also say I enjoyed seeing Maou get so emotional over Alus Ramus, he really got attached to that ray of sunshine.

And wow, people are losing their minds over the animation it seems, I didn’t think it looks as bad as y’all are saying lol.
TheColonel76Aug 4, 2022 4:03 PM
Aug 4, 2022 4:10 PM

Jul 2015
Animation is literally melting. WTF

Aug 4, 2022 4:17 PM

Sep 2020
Ahhh man, it's so lovely seeing Emi, Sadao, and Alas Ramus together and the story Maou told was really nice. Finally some real action this season, there was a certain charm to it from the last season and I'm glad that it's still here.
Aug 4, 2022 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
I have to praise those who were able to watch this and take it seriously with this terrible animation...Good gravy
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 4, 2022 4:27 PM
Apr 2022
i loved thé plot but thé ànimation sometimes was horrible dogshtt

i Hope they wont do thé same mistake in thé upcoming épisodes
Aug 4, 2022 4:29 PM
Apr 2022
DreadfulLaw said:
THIS SUCKS. satan was very epic and stronk last season, but this season he's pretty pathetic
and i feel like the story is getting unnecessarily complicated

last season satan only cared about his ordinary slice of life

not fighting and being strong,
Aug 4, 2022 4:53 PM

Apr 2018
Alas Ramus is so unnatural. Maybe it's the animation but her lack of movement until the "be cute now" button is pushed is creepy. You can replace her with a doll!

That fight scene though. New lows...
Aug 4, 2022 7:12 PM

Feb 2021
I defended the last 3 episodes because it has redeeming qualities such as good humor and whatnot, but this episode is just infuriatingly bad. The pacing, the animation, the drawing, all bad. No funny humor to back it up either.

3/5.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Aug 4, 2022 7:15 PM

Sep 2019
I don't like where this is going. 2/5.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Just not as funny as season 1?

AriBWeeb - Aug 11, 2022

24 by wildhood »»
Mar 24, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

75 by Zedz_c »»
Feb 21, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

140 by ST63LTH »»
Feb 9, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2022

84 by Zedz_c »»
Jan 16, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

62 by sharosharo »»
Jan 11, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.