Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2022 6:28 AM
Apr 2013
Well I'm a bit late again this time but anyway.

Definitely wasnt expecting this. From the preview last time. So this ep we did face off against greece, and not only did we have three matches in one episode, japan won all three. Though like byodoin said, the matches were hardly easy and they were really close. I'm surprised they used only best of one set match, but hmm.

Kind of weird because we had two doubles matches then followed by a singles. The news that swiss lost to australia is kind of interesting, im assuming they wont just rush through the australia matches (or 3-0 them either), though its clear that comparatively japan is well, better than their (old) ranking would suggest. Next up is australia, though swiss is also in the same block so it'll only be a matter of time before japan faces them as well, and I wouldnt be surprised.

I'm not sure if its 100% but its very vaguely implied(?) its top two advance, but presumably even after defeating greece, japan would need to beat either australia or swiss to go through. Its interesting that most of the middle schoolers are being sent to face australia.

The next match (which already started) is sanada and yukimura in doubles, interesting. Though I'm assuming (or it could be a fakeout) that it wont be quite as easy, clearly at this stage there has to be players that are resistance or immune to yukimura, so it'll be up to their actual skills. Plenty of other matches to look forward to as well, unless japan miraculously 3-0s australia again.

Oishi's match was quite short, kirihara's match basically turned into a singles, and tanegashima managed to recover from 5-0 down. I wonder if this means shirashi is gonna be skipped.

Also I wasnt expecting sanada to just uh. Thats interesting. They also skipped the ed this ep.
CocoaGalaxyAug 4, 2022 12:38 PM
Aug 4, 2022 12:34 PM
Jun 2020
When your country gets whooped by the main characters 😭
Aug 4, 2022 3:06 PM

Nov 2014
Please explain to me how that Santa Claus looking motherfucker is under 17. Alternatively, there's clearly something in the water in Greece. Damn.
Quality Queen.
Aug 9, 2022 7:24 AM

Dec 2008
All vibes of an old PoT are thrown.
New characters now appear for 5 mins and dissapear forever then, what
I have watched this ep 2 days ago and now I don't remember anything about because of all this mess

Btw I had no real expectations about this season's story but I at least thought they gonna improve PoT's graphics and it looks even worse.
Fuji is just such a cringe-looking NPC
Aug 10, 2022 4:01 PM

Aug 2010
I love how everyone acts like the ability to create black holes or cover a ball in aura so that you can psychically control a ball mid flight are just normal things.
Like the refs don't even flinch. Bet they're like, "this is just some basic ass highschool level tennis. They aint even adults yet"
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Aug 18, 2022 2:26 AM

Jun 2021
This episode is full of interesting characters ...

First is the bearded guy from Greece really a high schooler, cuz with this beard he looks like he is 40+ ? (He is very tall though, like 210 cm if i remember correctly, and that makes him the 3rd tallest character overall)

Second it appears the Executor almost got executed by the Greek Executors ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And last but not least this Zeus guy really reminds me of Giornio from Jojo xD
Dec 14, 2022 5:46 PM

Jun 2012
They did my boy Tanegashima dirty. His fight with Zeus was awesome in the manga and it gets like 10 seconds here. :( iirc Byoudoin even hinted that Tanegashima has more potential than himself..
Feb 7, 2023 10:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
3 matchs in 18 minutes!!! full of tension and emotion, the same of Sesame Street!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 10 Discussion

CocoaGalaxy - Sep 7, 2022

3 by kiwiskies »»
Jan 25, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 8 Discussion

CocoaGalaxy - Aug 24, 2022

6 by Tatsunami »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:29 AM

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 3 Discussion

CocoaGalaxy - Jul 20, 2022

4 by Tatsunami »»
Aug 3, 2023 8:25 AM

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 1 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jul 6, 2022

9 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:51 PM

» Sequel Announced

tsubasalover - Jun 4, 2023

2 by Pspdice »»
Jun 4, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.