Forums

Obvious themes that anime for some reason ignores

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 13, 2022 4:28 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Lucifrost said:
Gakuen Alice is another one. It's about a school for girls and boys with superpowers.
. . .
I guess I should look into Tokimeki Tonight, sounds like a story I'd like to write myself.

The anime and manga have unfortunately never been licensed in English, and I only got around to watching it just last year. The good news is that somebody is currently uploading English manga scans at a regular pace; it only took 40 years!
Looks like I now have two classic shoujo that I gotta start and keep up with!
Oct 13, 2022 5:06 PM

May 2020
I would have to say video game. Lets forget the isekai angle for a sec, I would really like to see an anime where they go deep into the game systems, find exploits etc. Obviously a lot of anime attempt this kind of story but most don't go all the way with it, it's just window dressing.

I've mentioned this before but I really think there is massive untapped potential in the ecchi space. There's no reason for the story and character writing to be thrown out the window when you discuss sexual topics. Moreover there's no reason to be constrained to the "shallow end of the pool" (i.e. no nudity, nothing too sexual, cut the camera away and put beams of light to obscure the scene). All these decisions speak to a mentality of "this is a dirty subject that should not be shown or discussed openly" and it absolutely kills the creativity. I wanna see them ditch the tired old harem and "gag-ecchi" formulas and go buck wild with something new.
Oct 13, 2022 9:39 PM
Aug 2021
Fario-P said:
I forget where on these forums I already said this, but isekai has an endless amount of untapped potential.
Just look at all these interesting combos I made by randomly taking Anime-Planet tags (awesome system btw) that somehow don't have much or any entries!

...good god I feel like I can literally go all day with this...
...at this point I might as well just go make an account on a web novel site and make half of these myself...

I kinda feel the same for the magical girl genre, especially on the shoujo demographic since there aren't that many new magical girl on that side anymore.

Re:Zero setup but every time you die you get sent to another world
Oct 13, 2022 9:45 PM
Aug 2021
Npclucario said:
Fario-P said:
I forget where on these forums I already said this, but isekai has an endless amount of untapped potential.
Just look at all these interesting combos I made by randomly taking Anime-Planet tags (awesome system btw) that somehow don't have much or any entries!

...good god I feel like I can literally go all day with this...
...at this point I might as well just go make an account on a web novel site and make half of these myself...

I kinda feel the same for the magical girl genre, especially on the shoujo demographic since there aren't that many new magical girl on that side anymore.

Re:Zero setup but every time you die you get sent to another world

Then again that would probably retread on a lot of similar themes as Re:Zero with a slightly different twist
Oct 15, 2022 2:05 PM
Dec 2017
Going through my vampire thread, made me see how much vampire manga are often slept on, sure shiki is cool and all but bloodhound dx by kaori yuki and record of a fallen vampire needs more love specially when record of a fallen vampire is what made me interested, in reading manga.

Oct 15, 2022 5:42 PM
Dec 2021
Instead of isekai having the protagonist get hit by a vehicle and reincarnating in an unoriginal fantasy world, they should reincarnate in a unique sci-fi or alien world. Instead of getting hit by a vehicle or dying in some other “normal” way, the protagonist gets killed by the main villain, who continues to torment the hero even in the new world.
Oct 15, 2022 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
GreyStoneFlinger said:
Instead of isekai having the protagonist get hit by a vehicle and reincarnating in an unoriginal fantasy world, they should reincarnate in a unique sci-fi or alien world.

Why even writing a scifi isekai, if you could have more scifi / mecha / space anime again.
Oct 19, 2022 1:46 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
. I guess I should look into Tokimeki Tonight, sounds like a story I'd like to write myself.

Coming here from my favorite vampire story thread since seeing so much responses were more or less the same thing and sure i love vanitas and shiki but i'm certain there is others like record of a fallen vampire thats slept on and nobody mentioned tokimeki tonight thats how obscure it is at least on here.

And it goes to show how much people really seem to know about vampires in anime or manga and bloodhound dx by Kaori Yuki is pretty much ouran gone vampire lol (They did had an occultic club thats goth they didn't appear in the anime as far i can remember
) and yeah tokimeki tonight is pretty cute and its something i'm sure you'll like and yeah do look at both tokimeki tonight and bloodhound dx.

Oct 24, 2022 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
GreyStoneFlinger said:
Instead of isekai having the protagonist get hit by a vehicle and reincarnating in an unoriginal fantasy world, they should reincarnate in a unique sci-fi or alien world.

Why even writing a scifi isekai, if you could have more scifi / mecha / space anime again.

Well, maybe one likes the "modern man gets into the future" trope.
Jan 22, 2023 9:46 PM
Dec 2017
Isekai has alot of potential to be a fun and engaging genre i mean Ya Boy Kongming,Ghilbi,Angel Beats and Magic Knight Ray Earth and Vison Of Escalowne are pretty fun isekai that i enjoy and now i finally found the isekai i've been looking for that i know i'm really going to like compared to that nostalgia pandering abusive bitch shit known as high score girl Abenobashi Mahou☆Shoutengai

Its another overlooked gem from the 2000s like genshiken and i'm watching this actually because of how much i enjoyed genshiken and i like the arcade game setting of it so this one i think i'll really enjoy than what i had with high score girl and yeah shoujo isekai from the past would have been perfect to adapt today but nope narou kei goldfish cbr/buzzfeed levels of clickbait names be it otome villainess girlboss stuff made by schizos for schizos or the long suffering parents of hikkimoris who have wet dreams of being gigachads in mmo square enix inspired stuff once again are taking over the popularity. :/ 

So yeah long story short, isekai expiramenting with other genres especially adapting more "unusual ones" i think seems pretty cool idea for me.

Jan 22, 2023 10:26 PM

May 2022
Anime that depicts slavery in a mature way 
Jan 23, 2023 9:14 AM

Oct 2017
hbvnfj said:
This has been mentioned in past threads, but drugs. Anime never really focuses on anything related to drugs and that sort of criminal activity. Sth like Breaking Bad would be pretty cool honestly.
I think the reason that we don't see it a lot is because Japan is A LOT stricter with drugs than Western Countries. 
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 24, 2023 9:22 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Well, never thought I'd see the day, but it looks like I'm not the only one who has the right idea. ;w;

So apparently this is something I randomly found on Kickstarter (even though I hardly ever go browse there, I guess MAL just had an ad for some "JetroAnime" thing while browsing MAL DB pages), and it looks like a co-production between Japan and Canada on some kids' anime. Magical girl pirates is definitely something new, especially since it's apparently going for the Mermaid Melody approach with fighting with The Power of Rock rather than violence. Very interesting, I love the art style and the character designs too! Dunno how Kickstarter works otherwise I'd consider joining in the pool myself, but either way, I sure do hope Samurai Pirates gets funded!

@DangeOon I know you said earlier that you wanted something more like Vinland Saga but I see you're a mahou shoujo fan too lol
Jan 24, 2023 9:30 PM
Dec 2017
@Fario-P 

I hadn't even heard bout this isekai till tonight when you found it and lol i hadn't even heard of Canada and Japan working on anime together since like i was a kid with watching marathon cartoons like Martin Mystery or Totally Spies growing up on YTV.

I wouldn't advise going on kickstarter honestly, lot of scams happen to be on there just ask @_nette_ on mighty no 9 or starfield if we wanna go for something thats still in development hell to this day. And given its premise cute girls and isekai yeah its more than likely to exceed its goal of being funded.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 7 hours ago

36 by Longnines »»
3 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

41 by AverageRiceFan »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

19 by mizukasa »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

17 by RaymondAnime »»
42 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

43 by KittenCuddler »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.