Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 1, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2016
why doesn't he expose Kushida already that she is a psycho. That dumbass fake sexual assault blackmail is gone.

Also why is the black guy allowed to play? How old is he? lmfao
Aug 1, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Man I’m ngl anime mfs different cause ain’t no way I’m paying a million points and grovelling just to accommodate my abusive older brother who don’t even acknowledge or care about me.

Then the other kid lying to the teacher about getting punched? Like cmon man have some dignity.

Episode was subpar, pacing is breakneck speed, they’re cutting so much of volume 5, for what? and animation still looks like a PowerPoint sadly. You zitsu deserves better

cant help since she is such brocon
Aug 1, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
YELP, this is purely rushing over the LN, and this is already a bad choice enough helmed by the same directors whom squandered Season 1's adaptation.

Kushida being a traitor revealed by Ayanokouji, and all he does is to be a mouthspeaker to claim Horikita's stance in fixing Class D. It's like he's an echo chamber and nothing more, unlike Season 1 where he at least has a hand in his act.

The sports festival commences, and they're already rushing through the events by literally limiting animation, much less reinforcing Sudo's "superiority" in leading the class, albeit being played by Ryuen's hands. Also, Horikita's IQ has hit a new low, other than her arrogance being the only supporting thing about her, and her injury the only way for Ayanokouji to control her every move.

To oppose Ryuen's act on Kinoshita to frame Horikita, it's so obvious that Kushida is putting on an act, and that act is initially worth a million points, but it's worth a lifetime of pride. They already made Horikita a dumb blonde, yet the relationship with her highly-esteemed brother has and always been on tatters since Season 1, and still she decides to be a lonewolf to act alone.

Literally everything about this episode is dull, and I mean, REAL BAD. Definitely the worst episode overall so far.
Aug 1, 2022 9:58 AM
Apr 2021
I'm utterly baffled at the pace we are moving through the story. Its been awhile since I read this arc but I'm pretty sure we skipped several days and much needed context.
Also wished they showed more of the events and the events with motion. Sorta feels like I'm watching one of Saadisfy's volume break downs.
Aug 1, 2022 10:23 AM

Oct 2014
poor Horikita, being played in a lot of people’s games.
Aug 1, 2022 10:24 AM

Nov 2018
GASGASGAS
its going way too fast!

for an outsourced episode doesn't look too bad honestly, some scenes are meh but not terrible.
guess this arc is already finishing on the next episode.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Aug 1, 2022 10:27 AM

Mar 2020
he's not even trying to play pretend anymore w horikita
Aug 1, 2022 10:34 AM

Mar 2020
I’m not an LN reader, so I don’t know how much was rushed, but this arc has been quite disappointing so far, there’s just not much substance to it. Horikita’s intelligence just took a nosedive, one moment Ayanokoji was telling her about Kushida being the traitor, another moment she just trusts Kushida with no question.

Worst episode so far this season, the story is really losing steam.
Aug 1, 2022 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
When my fav manabu panel got animated, I creamed. GOD THIS MAN IS SO FINEEE, ugh the horikita genes is blessed. Also it's pace is too rushed.
caprisanAug 1, 2022 10:48 AM

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Aug 1, 2022 10:50 AM
Aug 2021
I am LN reader still enjoying too much...don't cry always
Aug 1, 2022 11:45 AM

Apr 2021
RoDem said:
Sudou was just a ticking time bomb this episode. And Horikita recieving defeat after defeat. And Ryuen's brilliant idea to set a trap for Horikita was unexpected especially in the LN.

NITPICKS/PROBLEMS:
I was expecting that the sports festival events will have more fluidity and movement, like action scenes when the classes are competing, like in the Ryuen and Sudou confrontation, it just felt like a slideshow or is it just me.

But the pacing and animation is still decent though, I think I'm not expecting much for episode 6 when they animated the ayanokouji vs manabu relay race scene to be breathtaking or with mind blowing animation.

Yeah i share the same opinion, i thought they would show at least when horikita got injured, im guessing it was due to the time, they have around 20 min to include verything but still was a little bit disappointing.
Aug 1, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2015
Feels like nothing is happening in this episode.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Aug 1, 2022 11:58 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Yeah i'm happy that my favourite LN gets adapted, but this sports festival just feels... empty. i don't know. where are the people? The animation is lazy..
But still okay i guess... :/
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 1, 2022 12:14 PM

May 2018
Horikita dont fall into his trap. Listen to Ayanokouji to follow the right path.

kyou_on said:
Feels like nothing is happening in this episode.

There is alot happening, we can see Kushida is teaming up with Ryuuen to just crush Horikita and forcing her to defeat.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Aug 1, 2022 12:51 PM

Jan 2017
gustav1214 said:
CrimsonTome said:

Nah, Rent a Girlfriend is terrible in every possible way. Even if the adaptation of Classroom of the Elite is being pretty bad, it at least has some interesting content here and there even with them rushing it and skipping good scenes.

what kind of content? they did rushing the pace to the point it doesn't make sense to called it content rofl

Ayanokoji breaking Kei to make her his tool and showing more of his true self and also humbling down Horikita is a lot more interesting than anything in Rent a Girlfriend, even with all the rushing. And Ryuen is still at least a little bit interesting in the anime adaptation.

mrching said:
CrimsonTome said:
Ok episode, a shame that they skipped Kei vs Ichinose and I don't see the reason to put Horikita in Kei's place at riding the jockey(maybe director bias?) but aside from that(and the rush) it was decent.

Horikita was also a jockey, they just didn't show kei being a jockey

Oh yeah, been a pretty long while since I've read volume 5 so I completely forgot it,still a shame about the Kei vs Ichinose stuff though, would be fun to see.
Aug 1, 2022 12:53 PM
May 2021
I thought it was pretty good obviously LN readers seem to disagree.
Also no spoilers please, but for some reason I don’t believe that Kushida is the traitor… I feel like the show is trying to be smarter so making it so obvious seems misleading
Aug 1, 2022 12:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
why doesn't he expose Kushida already that she is a psycho. That dumbass fake sexual assault blackmail is gone.

Also why is the black guy allowed to play? How old is he? lmfao

Yeah, this is started to become really silly. The source material probably has an explanation for all these stupid elements that are not included here. At this point this show feels much worse than last season. I'm baffled at the high score.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 1, 2022 1:01 PM

Apr 2016
What the f is happening with COTE S2? The anime is so rushed. The animation (if you can call that animation) is horrible. Ep 5 is so far the worst ,and there are 8 more episodes from this season.An episode about sport festival with not sport.. They didn't even showed the most important part of the episode, the collision.
Id rather had no S2 at all than have this crap...
Shame that such a great light novel can't have a decent adaptation. STUPID KADOKAWA!!

Aug 1, 2022 1:23 PM
May 2021
Did they skip the race between Manabu and Kiyotaka?
or will it be shown in the next episode
Aug 1, 2022 1:51 PM

Sep 2020
Just wonder what would happen if they actually report to the school, also she's on a mission of something.
Aug 1, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
Wasnt expecting the sports festival to happen already. Seems pretty fast?

Ayanokoji looks even more demotivated than usual. I guess he really wants to lose.

I know Horikita stole a lot of scenes in season 1, but she seems pretty dumb and actually worthless in this season. She doesnt seem to have any real motivation of her own and solely acts when MC tells her to. Pretty disappointing, I thought she would be better.

Someone needs to kick Ryuens teeth in. By accident. The great thing about getting framed is you have nothing to lose, you cant get blamed for the same thing twice. And in this elitist environment class c would only make fools of themself if they constantly cried about class d all the time.

PS: I was wondering how Koenji wouldnt just steal the win with his insane fitness, he just didnt want to participate at all lmao

PPS: Quite interesting how much hate this anime gets from LN readers yet its still above 8.
Comander-07Aug 1, 2022 2:01 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 1, 2022 1:56 PM

Dec 2020
CrimsonTome said:
Ok episode, a shame that they skipped Kei vs Ichinose and I don't see the reason to put Horikita in Kei's place at riding the jockey(maybe director bias?) but aside from that(and the rush) it was decent.
It's the same as in season 1 where they put Horikita in place of Ichinose to make her the 'main' girl.
But anyway it's going really fast, like they put at least half of the volume in this episode alone. They didn't even anime one event, only like shots from it, not even the Horikita's race.
crispycerealAug 1, 2022 1:59 PM
Aug 1, 2022 2:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well I wonder what's Ayanokouji's plan to counter all of that because it's really a mess right now but seems like losing is a part of the plan, while the focus on Horikita to harass her and steal her points is awful, she definitely needs to do something against it and not just pay + dogeza, poor girl.
Aug 1, 2022 2:43 PM
Mar 2022
they couldn’t even bother to spend a few seconds showing how horikitas injury happened lmao. 2/5
Aug 1, 2022 3:02 PM
Mar 2021
snowwolf163 said:
Well, Horikita is so naive and useless in this episode, even Kiyotaka agrees with my point. She confronts Kushida and then walks right in the trap. Jesus fucking Christ! Koenji is just goofing around like always. Kiyotaka is cool as usual and Kei being cute melts my heart in every scene she shows up. Ryuen is so fucking evil man, damn, I really really despise this guy with his scummy plans. Sudo is still the biggest drag of the class even in the event where this is his strongest strength.

Anyway, as a LN reader, this episode is a 8/10 and it's me being very generous to the series because while the art/animation is better than other outsourced episodes, its pacing is like a fucking rocket.

Dunno how anime-only viewers feel about this episode though.

Haven't read the light novel. It's good and I'm very curious. Expected Koenji to do something since he's athletic, but he just sits there (why?). Horikita being sloppy this season is frustrating, hope she does well in the next episode. Also frustrating how no teacher is watching the event with all the fouls. On purpose?
Aug 1, 2022 3:20 PM
Jun 2022
.....It was rushed......And I agree with sudo the sports festival is a joke don't the teachers see when they were obviously stepping on him.....and tbh Horikita was just dub this ep Anayakoji was being the cool person (as always) and Ryeun was playing dirty....
This whole ep is a 4/10 fr me and I am actually being generous.. hopefully the next ep will be better......
Aug 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Jul 2021
Many Japanese Fans were complaining about this episode because it's rushed and I'm indeed feeling it lol.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 1, 2022 3:30 PM

Jun 2017
Was Suzune this dumb in the LN too? lol
Aug 1, 2022 4:02 PM
May 2020
Ryuen is a professional conman
Aug 1, 2022 4:23 PM

Jul 2022
horikita was a noob this episode, i mean kushida is the traitor so why the hell did horikita listen to her

really excited to see where this is going
Aug 1, 2022 4:42 PM

May 2021
Easily one of the best-selling LNs in Japan and this is the kind of adaptation its receiving. One, they completely skipped the entire race which is referenced by Ryuuen(like what, its too hard to animate?) . Second, the shot of Ayanokouji from Horikita's perspective; the way he's drawn(and also Koenji) is so weird. Third, its a (almost) power point presentation. Fourth, its rushed(and that's bad), very rushed.
In short, the adaptation sucks, but not completely.

On the plus side, Horikita's art was better in this episode.

Aug 1, 2022 4:43 PM
Jun 2019
Wow, Anayokouji does not stutter. Zero sugar-coating. Lol

I don't know if it's just me, but something about this cut feels off, and I just can't put my fingers on it.

Anyway, a pretty rushed episode... everyone knows that, and I feel like it really undermines Sudo's character development a lot. This was HIS volume, which showcased his growth. But with the amount of skipped content, you can't even see it.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 1, 2022 6:23 PM
Jan 2022
This shit is so fucking dumb it makes me rethink my earlier love for S1. Wtf man how’d the writing get so nerfed, after such a long wait? Did they not only outsource the janky ass animation but also the writers? This season is downright incoherent. “There shouldn’t have been a way to figure out the VIP on the last test”????? DID THEY EVEN WATCH THE LAST EPISODE OF THEIR OWN FUCKING SHOW AM I ON CRAZY PILLS??????
Aug 1, 2022 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
this was not a good episode at all..rushed aside did that fall make Horikita utterly braindead i don't remember her being this dumb

konji wondering why she isn't a sociopath like him and not putting perfectly good tools i mean people to use is a real bruh moment
Aug 1, 2022 6:54 PM

Jul 2016
Another build up episode. The sports fest seems uneventful because of ommitted scenes. And the plot points are nowhere present. But other than that its good. The traitor being Kushida which Ayanokouji thinks. And Ryuuen planning to extort Horikita with his scheme. The Sudou being hot tempered as always. Overall good episode

Aug 1, 2022 7:04 PM

Apr 2022
i've said this multiple times before but if ayanokouji wasn't the mc, i would've dropped this by now. disliked the animation but ayanokouji carrying hard
Aug 1, 2022 7:57 PM

Feb 2014
Ok now this is getting frustrating. When will Ayanokouji plans bear fruit? Will he ever thrash Ryuen? Will Koenji beat that black guard of his?
I really wanna see Ayanokoji and Koenji team up. Brawls and brains the ultimate duo.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 1, 2022 8:59 PM
Jan 2022
Is it meant to be this fast? I'm anime only but I feel like something's being skipped. Should I read the LN instead?
Aug 1, 2022 9:02 PM
Jun 2021
I don’t think I’ve rolled my eyes at an episode of an expected S tier anime as much as this one. Probably 45 seconds of actual animation this time. The rest of this was mostly reaction stills with maybe some panning shots. Then making D class become the gold standard of what any D class is expected to be. Idk if I’m going to make it to the end of this season.
Aug 1, 2022 9:06 PM

May 2020
What's this? A Moai emoji?

What a let down, 5 episodes in and I'm not expecting much with the rest of the episodes let alone S3. Visual wise, I think S1 did much better on it.
Aug 1, 2022 9:21 PM

Sep 2015
Where the hell are the referee and teachers? If this anime is going to try and sell us "Ryuen is being sneaky with his attacks" then don't animate a dozen dudes surrounding Sudo and stomping on him. At this point even a blind person can tell something is up just by listening.

Also Horikita need to stop accommodating her brother who don't care about her. If he such a genius he can deal with the issue himself and come to the correct judgement. IDC if he is blood related or a genius at everything. He has a nasty personality and don't care about your well being. This is like watching domestic abuse. It's frustrating that she goes through so much for a A-hole. If I was her, I wouldn't care if he ate feces 3 meals a day and rot in a ditch. Like why do she even care about this guy?

As for the leg injury. That is impossible from just running into each other. You can get a bruise and inflammation from a twisted ankle yes, but the entire lower leg going purple? That looks like its started to turn in to necrosis. That's impossible. She need to go to a hospital not lie down in a nurse office. Speaking of which where the heck was the nurse during all this while presumably Ryuen made her leg worse? Honestly, even a 12 year old as the judge could tell such an injury is impossible and foul play is involved. And no, Horikita purposely pushing her down cannot cause such an injury. That level of injury require a direct and deliberate attack on the leg which we have hundreds of witnesses present to vouch for Horikita. And at the very least she must have seen the nurse when being admitted to the office so the nurse would be the perfect witness.

The only logical reason Horikita refuse to go to "court" over this is because she knows very well the school faculty and student council are a bunch of idiot robots incapable of discerning sports injury from foul play. The anime give way too much credit to the plots in this show.

lastly, same issue I had with last season. These students act like they are in the Yakuza. Is this what the government of Japan thinks as elite students who will become leaders of society in the future? Waste of taxpayers money. Or wait maybe the Prime minister and Diet of Japan are secretly Yakuza in this timeline and see this school as the perfect breeding ground for crime overlords. Genius.
Aug 1, 2022 9:53 PM
Nov 2021
As a anime-only watcher this episode is a 7/10, and even without reading the LN i can feel its rushed and did they really take 5 years for that crappy animation
Aug 1, 2022 10:33 PM

Jun 2014
came here to say this anime is hot garbage
Aug 1, 2022 10:35 PM
Nov 2020
Was this episode outsourced? Honestly with the inconsistent art and clunky animation it feels like every episode is being outsourced. Also I’m just an anime only but I feel like the sports festival is lacking in a lot of much needed content. Very meh episode
Aug 1, 2022 10:59 PM

Apr 2021
The sports festival started rather quickly but anyways it was yet again really interesting to watch. Horikita's in a fix right now, thanks to Ryuen and his plans. I'm suspecting Kushida too has a hand in this. Meanwhile Ayanokouji too must be on to something. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Aug 2, 2022 12:02 AM

Mar 2018
it is definitely rushed but by no means a bad one, the vibes is just like a practice instead of competition

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Aug 2, 2022 12:51 AM
May 2018
At this point Horikita is just getting punched left and right and with an uppercut to finish it off. She keeps falling into traps and I guess it's to sell how she's at a low point but it does feel ridiculous the way it's happening, her actions barely make sense.

"If only I were more like Kushida-san..." ??? you want to be more like the person you know is the traitor in your class? what are you doing

Her heading to the infirmary at the supposed request of the student who got injured doesn't make any sense either. What did she think they wanted her to be there for, morale? Horikita heading there has zero use for any parties except for Ryuen's obvious trap. She even said beforehand she felt like the class C girl collided into her on purpose, why are you still heading there girl
Aug 2, 2022 12:57 AM

Dec 2007
The only thing this ep did right was lay the groundwork for showing how big of a cunt Kushida is. Super disappointed in this season. At least itll work as a refresher to jump back in the books.
Aug 2, 2022 3:25 AM

Nov 2009
This was f'in cringe...
Aug 2, 2022 5:38 AM
Jan 2022
As Anime only fan,now I just cant support this S2..Like most Anime only fans,I also feel that S1 was a great show but this S2 is definitely not giving S1 vibes..Slideshows after slideshows in this so called action packed episode, inconsistent faces and so much content cutting.This is very sad for Anime Only fans as LN fans already hated S1 so there is no surprise for them but for us Anime Only fans its very sad😢
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2022

241 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 22, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2022

204 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 22, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8, 2022

255 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 21, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2022

140 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2022

449 by soasss »»
Apr 19, 10:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.