Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 9, 2016 8:45 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That DBZ style fight was awesome. The way they go up in the air, so DBZ.

That horsemen was clever, shooting the bow at the steel to produce fire.

May 29, 2016 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
Gajeel is strong.

Sagittarius look is funny and ridiculous
Aug 6, 2016 4:56 PM

Jan 2016
Epic one-on-one fight with natsu and Gajeel, Just amazing how to see, Really saved up for this huh. :3 Felt it was a little bit to much of the memories but too long mostly.., still liked as it was.

Really enjoy how the lucy mention about they are getting half naked xD That Sagittarius key tho?(was wondering where that went) man in a horse suit , but master in archery xD

Never give up on natsu <3 favorite character!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 3, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2009
Too much flashbacks. Moshimoshi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 6:15 PM
Feb 2017
Monad said:
I feel this kind of fight is bullshit. The other guy is fucking metal for Christ sakes. There is no logic in Natsu winning when they exchange punches and hits. Natsu shouldn't be able to compete with him at that no matter how strong muscles he has.
Also the way this anime is presented i never really felt much about the characters or more clearly about there whole purpose. This is the first arc that seems to try to say something about them and something is not working right. Seeing Fairy Tail go down should be shocking for us but i don't care.
The best character feeling i got was the childhood years of the ice guy in a previews arc.

I don't know. I will check the manga too, but despite Fairy Tail being a nice killing time it seems to be lower level than other popular shounen.
The guy in this episode is another dragon slayer but i never got a feeling of awesomeness from him. He feels like just another guy Natsu will destroy. Maybe is because the arcs are too small and the Fairy Tail guys quickly finish things, i just don't know. All arcs feel like they are fillers or something.

Kira said:
Even though the animation is getting better; the studio fails completely in creating any sort of tense moments in fights or build up, It's all so cut and dry compared to watching epic fights in One Piece or Bleach. The tone of the show is so kiddy, am I the only one feeling this way? Maybe I'm in the wrong to compare this to the other 2 shounen giants, but eh, can't help it.

It seems you get the same feeling i do.

Seriously late on this but i would like to take this opprotunity to clear somethings up about this episode(if anyone in 2017 even watches the anime and reads this post) in the fight when gajeel first encased himself in armor natsu punched him in the face with a fire punch. Im sure most of us has seen fantastic four so we all understand that when heated metal rapidly cools it becomes brittle and cracks. You may ask "how does it get rapidly cooled?" Well while natus is using fire to fight, it heats the surrounding air and as we know hot air rises and cool air falls. The superheated air rises at an accelerated rate bringing in cool air at an equally accelerated rate which super cools his face where natsu punched and cracked it. People assume that his flames melted the armor or his sheer strength out a crack in it, but thats false. People dont give credit where its due. Natsu knew what he was doing because he asked gajeel if he felt a draft right before his metal face cracked. We see in previous episodes that he utilizes his fire to superheat the air and cause an upward draft. Sciences b**tches
Jan 8, 2018 5:00 PM

Oct 2011
lucy's celestial spirits keep getting weirder but they're somehow always useful in a way >.>

flashback could be done without any comedy in it but whatever i'm excited for the outcome of gajeel-natsu

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jan 29, 2018 11:26 PM

Aug 2016
It's so nice to see when the Fairy Tail members were still little.

Set by SenpieX
Aug 2, 2020 9:09 AM

May 2018
Thanks Happy for being full on meta! Natsu is finally rejuvenated and now he is slapping ass again.
Sep 19, 2023 1:03 PM

Jan 2021
In a while Crocodile (The count is at 6)
Sep 23, 2023 9:58 AM
May 2017
It was a great fight but the forced comedy ruined it.
Oct 14, 2023 11:29 AM
Dec 2021
Really good episode, very good fight
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 12, 2010

149 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - Mar 29, 2010

107 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 22, 2010

94 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 162 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2012

84 by phantom346 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 161 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2012

74 by phantom346 »»
5 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.