Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Apr 26, 2010 12:19 AM

This was not an action anime, this was a horror anime that had some action in it. And that is the reason why I only watched this once. I am really creeped out by this show.

Bringing back a dead person only for them to turn into an immortal monster that hates you? Body snatchers whose bodies decay as they continue to exist? Freaky demon-babies in a gate that looks like it goes to hell (these are the creepiest by far)?

Man, everything about Wrath was messed up. Everything.

I tried rewatching the last episode of this show yesterday. As soon as I saw the demon-babies in the gate, I stopped. Otherwise I would probably lose sleep.

Apr 26, 2010 12:39 PM

I think you're talkin bout the wrong show mate . . Ha ha . . This show is easily one of my favourite shows . . Was my favourite before i watched brotherhood . .

Apr 26, 2010 12:50 PM

series wasn't even close to a horror one..i see you haven't watched any actual ones which i guess is why you say that..

May 30, 2010 6:10 PM

i have watched just a few anime so far and was wondering do you have any sugestions for some anime? I would apreciate this because i have no clue what to watch afer i finish fma. Not the brotherhood, but the original one.
I am watching them so far and want to see the movie. Of Fma, i seen fma brotherhood but i dont think its exactly the same. And Fma Brotherhood is still running and im not finished but almost finished with is. Soooo close. Near the last episode but have to wait a couple weeks for them to finish broadcasting.

So im asking is there any other anime you may recommend.

Jun 9, 2010 1:11 PM

It is one of the most psychologically intense anime I've seen yet. Some scenes are just downright shocking - the boys trying to resurrect their mother, Ed reviving Al, Nina turning into chimera by her father, and then scar killing her off, then Nina being resurrected by her father as a lifeless doll, those hell babies etc, just some of the stuff that shocked the living shit out of me. still love it, honestly. I can see why people prefer brotherhood over this but I still like this one more
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Jun 9, 2010 1:40 PM

Shock value of this anime is a lot more than brotherhood .

Jun 9, 2010 11:45 PM

yep, in that sense it is more intense than brotherhood. But I think calling it 'horror' is completely off; its more like a psychological fantasy thriller
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Jun 11, 2010 5:40 PM

Horror? Wait till you see Blue Gender or Elfen Lied. Now THAT"S horror. FMA is just an action packed anime with a good story.

Jul 19, 2010 8:23 PM
silent_killer said:
Shock value of this anime is a lot more than brotherhood .

Derp. No, something usually isn't shocking the second time you see it.

Jul 19, 2010 8:30 PM

horror? where?
Stupid 3rd World Country

Jul 22, 2010 7:36 AM

punkster90 said:
Horror? Wait till you see Blue Gender or Elfen Lied. Now THAT"S horror. FMA is just an action packed anime with a good story.

Elfen Lied is a bloodbath, not horror.

The most terrifying thing for me was the chimaera made of Nina. It looked sooo alien and horrible... brr.
And FMA is a horror anime, yes.