Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Episode 2 is out

Looks like we got quite an adventure at the lower floors and depths of their world. I think this season has been trying to expand its world fiction content. This episode really had that adventure vibe featuring Lili, Sanjouno, among others.

This episode felt like exploring a video game level in some ways.
Jul 28, 2022 7:34 AM

Nov 2014
It's nice to see Bell being actually strong.
That fight at the end looked good.
Jul 28, 2022 7:35 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode. A nice and mostly slow one, but still felt like it went by fast.

I dug the conversations between the crew as they made their slow trek into the lower floors, with Aisha emphasizing how it's a whole different ball park in those areas.

Lili cracked me up with how stubborn she is about expenses and wasting time only to then get easily persuaded by her team when they tell her the value that the coral carries.

The little bit of action near the end with Bell and that monster was pretty dope.

The OP and ED for this season are also really nice.
Jul 28, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2011
Pretty much still in the remember the audience of past seasons.

That moss monster attack made me remember of Hanabi battle from Jujutsu.
Jul 28, 2022 7:47 AM
May 2021
BlichoBoy said:

Aoki Kenichiro, Effects Supervisor and Key Animation of this episode is a JJK fan.
Jul 28, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
The episode was pretty relaxed for the most part so that intense ending was something i expected.
I guess a new enemy appears and one that claimed the lives of a few adventurers already the question is how will they heal their teammate and how will they defeat the monster.
The other part wasn't lucky enough to survive tho.
Jul 28, 2022 7:49 AM
Jul 2016
kset280 said:
BlichoBoy said:

Aoki Kenichiro, Effects Supervisor and Key Animation of this episode is a JJK fan.

and other shonen/senien anime and manga like one punch man and naruto.
Jul 28, 2022 7:49 AM
May 2021
It was better than I expected and it's clearly better than the last 2 seasons.
The fight was also great.
Jul 28, 2022 7:51 AM
May 2021
todd2580 said:
kset280 said:

Yeah, He used to work on Studio Pierrot, so that's understandable.
Jul 28, 2022 8:16 AM

Oct 2017
Really loving the adventuring atmosphere this season, getting excited. The waterfall looked beautiful. Though the situation sure got messed up fast, so that's what she saw in her dream. I hope Chigusa's fine.
Jul 28, 2022 8:22 AM
Jan 2022
The pacing is 100× better than all of the previous seasons and the animation is still consistent, potentially the best season of danmachi and will be the highest rated, great episode.
Jul 28, 2022 8:25 AM

Jan 2021
This season is a pretty good step up from the previous seasons in all aspects which I am definitely glad for.

We got the classic exploration episode this week with Bell delving even deeper into the craziness of the dungeon and that took up majority of the episode but is welcome since I always am interested into seeing how bad things can get.

The episode itself ends off with a very nice fight scene made by one of the best animators JC Staff has (Kenichiro Aoki the GOAT that carried OPM's animation in season 2) so I am very intrigued to see what comes next.

Jul 28, 2022 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
Slow episode at first. Almost that filler episodes before the actual fight ones, but there was a good fight in the end.

Also Lili was great in this episode. I love both those greedy and a bit stressed leaders and those weak characters that use their brain instead of their muscles, winning by using knowledge and/or strategy.
Polvo_AranhaJul 28, 2022 8:34 AM
Jul 28, 2022 8:40 AM
Mar 2015
Losing troops already
Jul 28, 2022 8:56 AM

Jun 2021
All the girls are fawning over hell haha. He’s a proper level 4 hero now. He even has a sweet blade, Hakugen. He’s really coming into his own as an adventurer and a leader.

Lili is becoming quite the little strategist! Hooray for the lower floors! Haha. The gang’s making bank, too! Mikoto was pretty badass this episode too. That somersault move was sick!

Looks like the gang saw a blue crab today. Nasty creatures. Lol. Little Oblivion reference for you guys. But these monsters are getting crazy tough. That thing Bell fought was insane. I hope Chigusa is recovers. That “dream” was more like a premonition… idk how the gang’s gonna survive the lower floors with creatures that insane roaming around.
Jul 28, 2022 8:58 AM
Mar 2018
For a sec I thought that was Aiz lol.
Jul 28, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
This episode felt pretty slow in the fastest way possible. Maybe me pooping while watching the episode made it feel alot faster lol. Loved lili this episode, and pretty cool fight in the end there
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2022 9:28 AM

Jul 2019
That final fight against that bog monster looked sick. Some quality Saguka
Jul 28, 2022 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
I just LOVE seeing Bell’s growth from this shy and timid kid to leading whole expeditions in difficult areas of the dungeon and having people rely on him for strength and leadership. So proud of my boy

The fight against the monster was extremely well done. Loved the animation. Pacing of the episode was great as well. Another really good episode from JC staff it definitely seems like they’re going to do this season justice which is great since it’s arguably bell’s most important arc.
Jul 28, 2022 9:51 AM
Jun 2021
I have high hopes for this season. The minotaur fights in season 1 and season 3 were so off the wall insane and entertaining that I knew this show had major opportunity to be a legend. I hope that it continues to show results. Most of season 2 and the large bulk of season 3 were pretty lackluster, but they had moments that shined. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole season is full of shining moments.
Jul 28, 2022 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
It's already going down. I will say that I wasn't happy about Ashia pointing out the obvious in such a redundant fashion. Yeah, Bell is the hero, thank for reminding us. I liked the rest of the episode a lot, however. From comfy camping vibes, dungeon exploration, action and suspense, this was a well paced one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2022 10:02 AM

Sep 2014
Now this feels like an adventure, need more episodes like this! Nice to see how everyone improved. Pretty good fight against that nasty parasite monster.
Some nice Hestia fanservice with the ED too heh.
Jul 28, 2022 10:13 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
damn!! bells so strong ha
it's nice to see this, he's been getting beat up to much ha
level 4 bell is great! also love his new knife.

that new monster looks intense.
gonna be hard killing him.
Jul 28, 2022 10:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Though Bell is as powerful as ever his friends aren't no slouches either. Catchy opening and from the visuals looks like Bell and friends will be in some pretty heavy fights this time round. First time I heard destroying the environment would provide an advantage to the adventurers though. The best hero's are those that stay their chosen path despite everyone else looking down at him. Lily's concern for Bell was cute. But Bell's effect on his friends is undeniable. As a proven veteran Aisha's advice is one that should be heeded by Bell. The cautious approach laid out by Lily is the best plan forward. Being the Familia's accountant is a role that suits Lily perfectly. Mikoto the shadow has a nice ring to it. That green troll though really was powerful whether in combat ability or presence. Overall an excellent ep that featured a fine balance of worldbuilding, character expansion and tension through the intro of the Green moss troll. Hope Chisuga pulls through.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2022 10:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Though Bell is as powerful as ever his friends aren't no slouches either. Catchy opening and from the visuals looks like Bell and friends will be in some pretty heavy fights this time round. First time I heard destroying the environment would provide an advantage to the adventurers though. The best hero's are those that stay their chosen path despite everyone else looking down at him. Lily's concern for Bell was cute. But Bell's effect on his friends is undeniable. As a proven veteran Aisha's advice is one that should be heeded by Bell. The cautious approach laid out by Lily is the best plan forward. Being the Familia's accountant is a role that suits Lily perfectly. Mikoto the shadow has a nice ring to it. That green troll though really was powerful whether in combat ability or presence. Overall an excellent ep that featured a fine balance of worldbuilding, character expansion and tension through the intro of the Green moss troll. Hope Chisuga pulls through.

Jul 28, 2022 10:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They're doing a solid job with the adaptation. Very true to the source material and they've managed to convey the increase in strength/power of the opponents they're facing and of course Bell himself. I'm very encouraged. If they keep on at this level, the next couple of arcs are going to catapult the score of this much higher.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 28, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2021
really good episode! damn that monster was creepy asf tho ngl
Jul 28, 2022 11:04 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Bell arrived at the lower floors and there is a monster that looks like it copies its opponent's movements and that transmits something that can make the person turn into a tree
Jul 28, 2022 11:17 AM

Jun 2015
Green moss coming to ruin your day. I know all about it, Its everywhere on my unwashed dishes!! Got damn that dungeon!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 28, 2022 11:34 AM
Jul 2016
kset280 said:
todd2580 said:

Yeah, He used to work on Studio Pierrot, so that's understandable.

He didn’t work with them actually and was just a fan of the Naruto manga one of the scenes of the anime inspired him to be an animator and he started working at OLM before going to J.C Staff.
Jul 28, 2022 11:39 AM
Jul 2016
Marinate1016 said:
I just LOVE seeing Bell’s growth from this shy and timid kid to leading whole expeditions in difficult areas of the dungeon and having people rely on him for strength and leadership. So proud of my boy

The fight against the monster was extremely well done. Loved the animation. Pacing of the episode was great as well. Another really good episode from JC staff it definitely seems like they’re going to do this season justice which is great since it’s arguably bell’s most important arc.

It have the author supervising the scripts since one of danmachi’s issues was it’s series main writer anyways so one of the things that might improve on the adaptation of the anime also hopefully the schedule isn’t tight since most anime studios nowadays face that especially in the pandemic’s restrictions.
Jul 28, 2022 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Goddamn that fight scene! shit was hype.. this season looks absolutely better than the last one and also in pacing and the story writing... Tho the dick sucking of Bell by everyone is still annoying..
Dude could fart in nothingness and that fox girl would some how praise it..

Where the fck is Syr.. two episodes In and no screentime.. and even the Opening hardly shows her for a split second.. wtf..
Jul 28, 2022 11:43 AM

Feb 2019
todd2580 said:
Marinate1016 said:

It have the author supervising the scripts since one of danmachi’s issues was it’s series main writer anyways so one of the things that might improve on the adaptation of the anime also hopefully the schedule isn’t tight since most anime studios nowadays face that especially in the pandemic’s restrictions.

There’s no pandemic restrictions in Japan anymore btw
Jul 28, 2022 11:48 AM

Apr 2018
It's quite amazing to see Bell fight now because of his growth. Just a few seasonsa go, he was a lonely pussy with 0 bitches. The adventure vibe is BACK.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 28, 2022 1:35 PM

Jan 2020
I really enjoyed all the various elements of the exploration that was going on in this episode. It was interesting to hear about the equipment they were using to resist water attacks, it was interesting to hear about the details of their quests and what they needed to farm, and it was just fun to get all the action. This is finally what I wanted to see as far back as season one, episode one.

I will say, I feel like farming the dungeon would be a pain. It doesn't seem like anything is in place to transport goods to and from the entrance. So you'd really have to carry a ton of shit if you wanted to build your wealth. Which just seems inconvenient.

Well, that didn't end well.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 28, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
i hope they can keep this consistent animation quality all through out but i doubt it

Mikoto and Aisha fighting side by side and even in the OP is sexy hot

but that new monster is scary as fuck its good at reading the opponents move and it has a wide range poison attack too

and they call heroes hypocrites but its more like heroes do necessary evil or lesser evil in this case killing other monsters to protect monsters

Jul 28, 2022 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
Wait ... Chigusa is an archer ? Since when? I don't remember that being canon.

Also , good job JC Staff. I can't remember what was the last episode of danmachi that didn't felt like it was a catastrophic adaptation, but this one wasn't bad at all. I guess adding the author to the anime crew really helped the whole thing huh.
ZefyrisJul 29, 2022 2:45 AM
Jul 28, 2022 5:09 PM
Jun 2019
Alright, I gotta give credit when credit is due. This was a pretty good episode, definitely better than the last one. Bell learned something from his fight with the minotaur, which helped him in the fight with the moss parasite monster, and the sakuga was quite cool.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 28, 2022 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
I have to say... it took 4 seasons to Danmachi actually get interesting again and focus in the damn dungeon lol

The pace is good, we got true exploration atmosphere, we got true many characters focus and some action.
Jul 28, 2022 8:35 PM
Nov 2021
I didn't like how everyone was fawning over Bell, but that battle scene was really good and those parasitic plants seem really interesting.
Jul 29, 2022 12:08 AM

Jul 2017
For an OP that's not Yuka Iguchi-based, I'd say that sajou no hana has done a marvellous job for a follow-up break. Saori Hayamin's ED is also great.

The adventurous expedition back towards the dungeon to the Lower Floors (Level 25 and up), and Bell and Co. truly face the next big challenge of their lives. Bell being a hypocrite to go against norms is his usual self, and that has earned the trust of many comrades from the past 3 seasons, and now being Level 4, is the most critical of his stance as a hero.

Everyone, amidst their happiness, is vastly concerned...and entering the Great Falls travelling through Levels 25 to 27, this is where teamwork and cohesiveness is important in this part of the dungeon untouched, full of lurking dangers.

And then..the unimaginable: an enhanced moss monster species that hit Chigusa and Luvis...this is a brutal cliffhanger that slowly exposes the true dangers of the dungeon.

Back to adventuring, and the extreme dangers involved.
Jul 29, 2022 1:38 AM
Oct 2019
Ahhh so the monster who dragging someone from last episode was this Moss Monster.

Things turn bad really fast.
Jul 29, 2022 3:03 AM

Sep 2020
Finally, they're back in the dungeon! Was a bit boring to watch up until that fight scene with the Moss monster where Bell actually struggled, and the way they animated the fight was really good.
Jul 29, 2022 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
okay!!! 2nd episode in of S4 and it is already getting escalating to pure despair!!!
5/5.

Jul 29, 2022 6:01 AM

Mar 2020
Nice. I loved that sakuga in the end part.

Ootoko what are you doing with the shield your Chigusa was till caught up. 😂
Ughh I hope Chigusa will be fine.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 29, 2022 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
I really liked this episode and the action at the end with the moss monster was great.

Lili's attitude towards money was pretty funny and Mikoto was awesome.

Jul 29, 2022 6:57 AM
Apr 2019
Why do i feel that the animation isnt a top tier as it used to be. The episode was good and stayed fairly true to the source material but there is something about the quality of the visuals that is different and not as sharp as previous seasons, or i could be imagining things??
Jul 29, 2022 7:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I loved the dungeon exploration especially the water cave environment with the waterfall in the cave it looked beautiful, though it's of course not peaceful, I wonder what kind of monster it was at the end, the action was somewhat epic but the ones that got hit seem to be infected by that plant eh, I hope they won't die because of it
Jul 29, 2022 9:03 AM

Jun 2016
much better and solid for first 2 episode !!

Jul 29, 2022 10:45 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode, we're now back to the very core of the anime : the dungeon. Exploring these new floors was refreshing, just pure party adventure/expedition in an hostile area. I don't mind the other stuff the previous seasons offered, but it's good to be back on roots.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

226 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.