Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
That dog is adorable lol

Definitely impressed with the technology in this show especially the cloaking capabilities. It doesn't look complex but being invisible like that really makes stealth work look easy. Wonder what other technology this anime has to show?
Jul 24, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 24, 2022 8:50 AM

Jun 2021
So Berry’s now a “Yurei” like Hack and Finn huh? Well, at least she’s got a bunch of allies in the Detective Club and she can still survive off grid even without “love”. It’s kind of wild just how much life in this world is dependent on “likes”/“love”.

I’m curious to see where this investigation between the phenomenon and this phantom leads and just what kinds of things are those in charge covering up using Phantom Zero. Seems like the case of the missing avatar wasn’t connected. But the fact that the Customer Center has “secret data” may be. Maybe the weird pigeon at the end too lol.

I feel bad about Berry’s parents, it must be hard for them now that Berry’s gone. Even if they don’t think she’s dead, they have nothing to go on. It must feel pretty hopeless. Hopefully Berry can solve this mystery and reunite with her parents soon.
Jul 24, 2022 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Berry has gotten used to Finn's operations as the Yurei Detective Club together with Hank, Hack that escaped death from the Customer Center, while losing all that she's gained in the process, and gaining new things as well. Their plan of operation: to find out Phantom Zero and where the Zero Phenomenon might land, plus putting right all the falsified data attempted as a cover-up.

Whatever the Customer Center couldn't process, the Yurei Detective Club will look into it...that is, if Finn gives the go-ahead, and in the case of one Mr. Mitsumame, Berry took it upon herself to investigate on his behalf, seeing that the Zero Phenomenon happened around the same time as his Love count loss, resulting in the loss of his avatar.

The mechanized dog is nice though, plus Berry's invisible camouflage that renders her mobile, but unable to interact with friends as a outsider. Even more so, Berry's data in the Customer Center's records as depicted by the society that her parents have no choice but to accept her fate, it's a small call for now, but the return is not so soon.

Mr. Mitsumame's enquiry is complete, but figuring out what the Customer Center is up to, brings them one step closer towards solving the mystery. Baby steps, but we're getting there.
Jul 24, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2021
Now the Mark Twain connection becomes a little apparent - couldn't help being reminded of the pirate storyline in Tom Sawyer.
Jul 24, 2022 10:42 AM

Feb 2019
This show has really fallen off. Started off with some interesting potential and obviously being from the eizouken studio I had high expectations but now I’m just watching since I don’t drop anything.
Jul 24, 2022 1:24 PM

Oct 2019
Interesting episode.

I kinda wish they started it with how she got there instead of doing the, "this is 4 months later, and here's your flashback" thing.

Although tbh it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

This episode was certainly not as Love-y as the last one, but most mysteries are like that for a little while after the mystery is fully set up so I'm not too bombed out about it.

honestly, more than anything, this show's quality depends on how it ends, which once again, is pretty normal for mystery series.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 24, 2022 1:34 PM
Sep 2020
I feel that the show's really picked up with this episode. The ramshackle ghost favela is an interesting place.
Jul 24, 2022 2:47 PM

May 2010
This show isn't a 6.41, thats a criminally low score for a show thats so far at least an 8/10
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Jul 24, 2022 4:04 PM

Aug 2018
I kinda feel bad for her parents
_______I like rocks__
Jul 24, 2022 6:06 PM

Feb 2016
Another great episode. I love the diverse characters. I guess there is some real "cancel culture" and scary social engineering going on here. Berry's parents have a horrid job erasing people out of society. I can't wait to see what Berry and her colleagues discover and I hope that they find real "love" in this world of out of control tech.
Jul 24, 2022 6:19 PM
Jun 2019
Berry becomes a Yurei, and now works as a detective? Yurei has no data and her parents marked her as dead. The Customer Center will make you forget sad memories. That seems kinda inhumane.

Never trust an avatar. LOL
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 25, 2022 12:11 AM

Mar 2012
A really interesting episode, I still can't quite tell what direction the series is headed, though.
Jul 25, 2022 12:43 AM

Nov 2015
I really wanted to like this one--and with this latest episode, now I sure do. Berry is "dead" and now essentially a ghost, living on the fringe of her society out of sight with the other "outcasts". I can very easily see the parallels to Huckleberry Finn now, with Huck leaving "society" to help out someone he cared about who was condemned to the fringes. Huck saw Jim, really saw him as a person, when anyone else would have just ignored him and considered him essentially furniture. Berry "saw" Hack in a very similar way. And Huck fakes his own death in doing so, too. So, they really drew the parallels there.

A lot of questions to be answered. Is the Customer Center actually unaware of the Yurei, or do they just cover up and deny their existence, even from their own employees? Is there a Phantom Zero? And what causes these "zero" events?

This one still has the potential to be either awesome or awful, and could go either way. But this episode was a very good step toward "awesome".
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Jul 25, 2022 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
so cool to slowly dig into the inhumane side of this "love-based" world

the way favela is hidden by the costumer center and the whole erasing data thing are promising

also, it may not be intentional, but i think it's genius how Berry thinks everything is Love-y when it's actually concerning / sad as hell. pretty consistent for a kid who was brainwashed with a flawless world
removed-userJul 25, 2022 4:36 AM
Jul 25, 2022 5:29 AM

Mar 2008
Started off kind of slow and jarring with that time skip making me breifly think I accidentally missed an episode but I like where it went.

What isn’t totally clear to me is when data is erased that’s just camera footage and documents or do people with those Deco devices get more than they bargained for and get a brain interface with those things? I do think it’s more the former than later but can’t rule the later out yet. My current thought is people being increasingly reliant on technology effectively lifelogging that they can’t remember things on their own as easily because their brain is only storing vague details and notes to check data. It’s basically externalization of memories.
Jul 25, 2022 7:07 AM

Jan 2020
I was wondering how her parents were doing, especially considering their somewhat rocky relationship. Seems like they are pretty broken up about it after all. Though it's odd that Berry never really thought about or considered that for the past four months.

Every time they show the wide shots and we see people in the background spreading "love" it pisses me off. It's too real. Reminds me of all the things I hate about our current culture. "Don't forget to pound that LIKE button! LIKE! FOLLOW! SUBSCRIBE!" God I hate Streamers.

It was interesting to see a deeper dive into the workings of this society though. Seems like things are far more regulated than was initially presented. Just the fact that Berry had never really had food that had been conventionally prepared and unaltered by the system was a bit of a surprised.

At the very least, I'm looking forward to how things are going to play out.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 25, 2022 9:38 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Berry is now a yurei...
She, Finn and Hack now work as detectives
Seems that guy doesnt have a daughter, but that is his beloved avatar!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 25, 2022 10:45 AM
Mar 2015
Mom and Dad are suffering but they are a great source of information
Jul 25, 2022 12:27 PM

May 2015
With this episode everyhting became a bit more interesting. At least now we have a better idea of what this show is about and what the main goals here are.

Also, Finn is awesome!
Jul 25, 2022 9:01 PM

Aug 2021
They are already declared dead, but there they live outside and then they have that detective agency, she was able to find out a lot of things, but there's still a lack of
Jul 26, 2022 9:54 PM
Aug 2019
I thought I missed an episode until the flashback started lol. In general quite a fun episode, I love how confident Berry usually is with everything she does, is kinda inspiring! Though I feel so bad for her parents :( Not even knowing if their child is dead or not must be so heartbreaking...
Jul 29, 2022 11:37 AM

Feb 2011
Great episode, i've been enjoying every release. The animation is stellar

Jul 29, 2022 5:17 PM
Aug 2020
I liked the episode overall but with the show already being 1/3rd of the way through, assuming it's a singular season, I really hope they don't start to go too episodic just to rush the overall story out after the episodic stuff, this one got close to feeling like a more episodic story but it was about 50/50 so I think it was fine

Aug 2, 2022 3:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well of course they didn't die and it's the start of a new life for them in that newly created detective agency... well why not depending on what they have to take care like helping that guy get his loli avatar back... nothing truly interesting there but Berry's investigation is leading to some other clues for the overall mystery aspect, I feel bad for her parents to be honest.
Aug 19, 2022 11:33 PM
May 2019
bcasey25raptor said:
This show isn't a 6.41, thats a criminally low score for a show thats so far at least an 8/10
it will probably go up once the season finishes.
Aug 19, 2022 11:36 PM
May 2019
This show reminds me a lot of the movie Downsizing where there was a procedure rich people could undergo that would shrink them down. This in turn through magic Movie BS would make them richer do to consuming less resources or something. But there were also outcast who were trafficked into the system and shrank against there will and as a result much like the ghost of this show live on the outcast of society.
Aug 29, 2022 1:39 AM

May 2021
Hm)
Well, if it so happened that the character's parents exist, you need to remove them. Or remove the character from the parents. This is already a routine consequence of the use of children as the main characters...

It is doubtful that they will finish with the phenomenon before the end of the title
Sep 20, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2021
Her parent must be good people, but let's see the story.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» This screams hidden gem of the season ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jun 6, 2022

68 by Marinate1016 »»
Sep 27, 2023 12:17 PM

» Pilot film question

Myani2016 - Dec 25, 2022

0 by Myani2016 »»
Dec 25, 2022 7:42 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

38 by bastek66 »»
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 AM

» Song Information Regarding to Teaser video

Ancerise - Dec 10, 2022

0 by Ancerise »»
Dec 10, 2022 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2022

26 by Swiggy »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.