Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2022 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, this episode was kinda boring, nothing really special about it in particular with the abnormalities compared to the previous episodes. The werewolf theme sounds like a rehashed concept in this franchise by now.

The evolutions and fights were awesome in Digimon style I guess but wish it lasted longer.
Stark700Jul 23, 2022 5:42 PM
Jul 23, 2022 7:44 PM

Feb 2020
Not the strongest episode indeed, but it was still cool to see some werewolf action this time.
Jul 23, 2022 8:32 PM
Jan 2022
It was alright but I just wish lamortmon got to do more than just a few slashes after how long it took for him to show up.
Jul 23, 2022 11:42 PM
Sep 2015
The most interesting thing in this episode is that Angoramon (which evolved to Lamortmon) might be Ruli's werewolf lover from the lore.
Jul 24, 2022 1:19 AM

Jun 2021
Lamortmon was driven by the duty to protect Ruli at all cost and not lose. Aside from that however, he's more or less a feral beast and if Darcmon didn't step in on time he definitely would have killed Manticoremon. I imagine this will be a problem to deal with later as Angoramon was willing to kill another Digimon if it means to protect Ruli as he had done previously.

The legend of the werewolf Granny Sachi told Ruli about, about the werewolf and a girl who was willing to be together despite how both sides opposed it, but it ended in tragedy with the maiden dying and the werewolf consumed with grief and forever unleashed his wrath to the humans who had wronged him. While Manticoremon devoured data on said legend and ended up acting as that werewolf, it's kind of a saying towards Angoramon and Ruli's relationship. One day people will know about Digimon and Ruli's secret with Angoramon becomes exposed. Angoramon would be forced to choose a side either to protect his own kind or the humans when that day eventually comes.
Jul 24, 2022 2:18 AM
Sep 2016
I think this episode was a prime example how trying to wrap everything up in a single episode just hurts the narrative.
This really could've benefited from being a two-parter (as a lot of earlier plots could've). But this time it really felt especially rushed to throw out all the details as fast as possible just to get to the end quicker.

My thoughts at the end of the episode could pretty much be summed up as "...uhm, ok?"

Jul 24, 2022 5:20 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I'm not too thrilled about the fact that the action in this episode didn't last for long, but at least we got to see some cool shots and the new digievolution. I don't know if a two-parter would have made much of a difference but at least we're probably getting closer to advancing the main plot... hopefully (not that I'm complaining about not doing it the episodes are good).
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 24, 2022 6:34 AM

Apr 2011
So Ruli being a furry confirmed genetic? Kidding kinda.

The episode did feel a little rushed toward the end. I was really enjoying the werewolf in a rural village trope and I felt like there was more potential in the old lady's character.

Lamortmon is probably the most interesting of the ultimates considering how much of a personality deviation it is from the previous two forms and I hope we get to explore that soon. It definitely felt like Ruli was a little uncomfortable with how vicious he was for a second before Darcmon interrupted the fight.

Jul 24, 2022 6:41 AM

Mar 2018
Now we finally have all Ultimates for the main cast. Time to wait for Megas.

I dunno, still feel like episode 31 has a better setup for Lamortmon's debut than this episode. And I wonder what will the villagers do if Ruli never came to the village.

Jul 24, 2022 9:02 AM

Dec 2013
I thought I wasn't going to care for Lamortmon but he was extremely feral and vicious being so different from Angoramon's calm demeanor it has a nice contrast to him while still being completely obedient on command to Ruri.
Jul 25, 2022 12:45 AM

Mar 2012
My favorite ultimate of the bunch, surprisingly. Really loved the Lamortmon reveal.
Jul 25, 2022 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
damn Angoramon finally evolve to its Ultimate form called Lamortmon
Jul 25, 2022 2:00 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So we finally got Angoramon's Ultimate form Lamortmon a freaking beast.
Jul 26, 2022 5:32 AM

Mar 2008
Earlier part of the episode was just okay but later part was pretty good. That was a crazy fast paced fight and they were gettin whooped. While short I kind of liked the pacing where it actually feels more exciting because you have to pay so close attention to what is going on.

Lamortmon is a beast

..... wait what I thought Angoramon was chubby all this time but seeing Ruli hug him from behind able to wrap her arms entirely around him.......s-so does this mean SymbaAngoramon is just Angoramon with a haircut and Lamortmon is Angoramon gone ferrel? Hahahaha

I dont know about the tale being about Ruli. I kind of got the impression it was suggesting Ruli is the reincarnation of this girl which is why she had seen visions of her ending it was A past life regression. Anyone else think that makes more sense plot wise than story about the werewolf being prophecy? Since in the end you do hear a werewolf implying it’s real from the past not prophecy of what to come.
Jul 27, 2022 2:43 PM
Apr 2022
traed said:

..... wait what I thought Angoramon was chubby all this time but seeing Ruli hug him from behind able to wrap her arms entirely around him.......s-so does this mean SymbaAngoramon is just Angoramon with a haircut and Lamortmon is Angoramon gone ferrel? Hahahaha

We've had official model sheets of Angoramon for a very long time that indicate that actually he's really lanky, he just has a lot of fluff. Underneath all of his hair he really does have a body shape that's quite similar to Symba Angoramon. Lamortmon, though, looks like what Angoramon's body would be if it actually was as large as he looked.

As for the episode proper it honestly feels like it was pulling its punches, which is strange because Ghost Game is no stranger to upsetting content… I was seriously expecting that the old lady would reveal an ulterior motive, or that she was actually an antagonist with the way they framed her and portrayed her. I was honestly expecting she was working with the werewolf and her ultimate goal was to get revenge on Ruri's grandmother by proxy by feeding Ruri to it, maybe work with the theme that sometimes man is the greatest of monsters and use that to set up the gentlemanly Angoramon becoming a violent berserker. There are a couple of things to like about the episode as it exists, including the debut of Manticoremon, but I think at this point we can say Kiyoshiro and Jellymon got the best Perfect debut.
Jul 30, 2022 11:17 PM

Nov 2009
I did not expect Angoramon's super evo "Lamortmon" to look like that...

Cause he's style was going into stronger melee fighter... (was imagining some sort of Kongfu Master...)

Then we got this... some sort of fat flying monkey? LOL

Fluffy > Fit > Feral?

The 3 Fs... F for our Angoramon.

___ ___ ___

Also, apparently there is an actual "Digimon Heaven" where angel-type digimons live... huh...

(at this point, Jellymon has the best super evo, Gammamon's dragon is too generic and Angoramon is too weird looking)
amlgJul 30, 2022 11:26 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 6, 2022 11:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
An excursion that starts badly, but ends with a super-evolution!!! kekeke
Dec 21, 2022 7:53 PM

Feb 2021
Lamortmon looks very wild than Angoramon XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

50 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

77 by White_Alice »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.