Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 19, 2022 11:40 PM
Mar 2021
alright yall, i need answers bc i want to watch it but i never heard anything about either
Jul 20, 2022 12:39 AM
Dec 2019
Try the dub, see if you like it, most folks will say dub because it’s nostalgic, that and it’s not bad it’s definitely up there for it’s time but if you don’t want to watch the dub then I guess you can watch the sub, I personally never seen it so I’ll let someone else cover that. Don’t let the beginning, sub or dub, deter you from the anime tho.
Jul 20, 2022 12:56 AM

Mar 2020
I'd say sub for the reason that there are so many dubs of varying quality so its easier to just watch the one sub.

Jul 20, 2022 1:48 AM
Dec 2019
D_D_DJ said:
RequiemLo64 said:
Try the dub, see if you like it, most folks will say dub because it’s nostalgic, that and it’s not bad it’s definitely up there for it’s time but if you don’t want to watch the dub then I guess you can watch the sub, I personally never seen it so I’ll let someone else cover that. Don’t let the beginning, sub or dub, deter you from the anime tho.

"dub because its nostalgic" you do realize that its not how nostalgia works? guess what... nostalgia does not apply for people watching it for the first time

btw this "nostalgic dub" sounds like the worst shit

sub with original audio is simply better
grab a dictionary you idiot, I used nostalgia perfectly. I said “most folks” not the dude asking if he should watch sub or dub you moron, also that’s completely subjective although inaccurate espelcially given the time it came out so you can’t fault it for anything idiot. Don’t come at me for giving my opinion when yours is skewed as hell as any new anime fan’s opinion would be, btw off topic but how good are you at digging holes? I mean, besides the one you've already dug yourself into.
Jul 20, 2022 2:11 AM

Oct 2020
I think the sub is better because it has so many recognizable voice actors and the acting is over the top but it fits Sailor Moon.
Jul 20, 2022 3:05 AM
Jul 2021
Sub because some episodes are not in dub version
Jul 20, 2022 3:28 AM
Aug 2021
Not sure if it’s true but I heard that they changed some relationships in the dub so I’d suggest the sub.
Jul 20, 2022 3:43 AM
Dec 2019
D_D_DJ said:
RequiemLo64 said:
grab a dictionary you idiot, I used nostalgia perfectly. I said “most folks” not the dude asking if he should watch sub or dub you moron, also that’s completely subjective although inaccurate espelcially given the time it came out so you can’t fault it for anything idiot. Don’t come at me for giving my opinion when yours is skewed as hell as any new anime fan’s opinion would be, btw off topic but how good are you at digging holes? I mean, besides the one you've already dug yourself into.

you might want to read your first message and then my message... i dont think you get the point of my message but instead you got surprisingly mad at me and had to write an entire essay which could be shorted to 2 sentences
Instead of telling me to read more maybe back up your claim by actually pointing out what you’re trying to address to me, I don’t think you think you know what you’re talking about yourself and then to follow up by telling me I’m mad and to shorten what I have to say? Definitely not a good look.

you’re telling me my point is invalid because growing up with toonami and watching sailor moon has nothing to do with later opinions and whether or not to recommend the dub because of said aforementioned experience, then you tell me the obvious? If someone was nostalgic and remembered how good the dub was (everyone’s opinion is different I get that but not everyone’s’ is the same so keep that in mind) ofc they’d recommend the dub so that’s why I said that but of course the person telling me to reread didn’t even see that the first time, funny right?

Then you proceed to say the dub is trash like you didn’t just start watching anime, kid just stick to updating your list then once you have some experience under your belt then come back to the discussion portion :) also I didn’t ask for your opinion on which was better, you’re not Japanese or Asian passing for that matter so when you say sub is better, I can’t help but laugh

BTW you never followed up on my question about digging holes, aside from the one you keep digging yourself into :)
Jul 20, 2022 4:16 AM
Oct 2021
Personally, I prefer the viz media dub since it's pretty good
Jul 20, 2022 4:17 AM
Oct 2021
NurdanSim said:
Not sure if it’s true but I heard that they changed some relationships in the dub so I’d suggest the sub.

Yeah Viz Media redubed it
Jul 20, 2022 5:02 AM
Apr 2021
For those who are new to Sailor Moon, there are two official versions of the English dub (if there are more plz lmk): the 90's dub and the Viz dub. The original, done by DiC/Cloverway, had censored the series to fit the times in the US, which looked weird to those watching it in Japanese.
The Viz dub, released around 2013-14 give or take a year or two, sought to keep the story of the Japanese version in tact, including the relationships that were changed in the 90s dub.
Personally I would recommend watching it either the Viz dub or subbed. As someone who has seen both I can say that they each have amazing casts and they pull off their role well. I haven't seen the DiC dub but I have seen clips on YT and let me say, they do not at all age well
Jul 20, 2022 8:12 AM
Feb 2018
Viz dub has Japanese names and isn't edited like the 90's Dub
Jul 20, 2022 10:12 AM
Mar 2021
Nicoleta_png said:
Sub because some episodes are not in dub version

oh shoot i never knew that!
Jul 20, 2022 12:11 PM

Feb 2021
I've watched both, and I think they're both good. I usually prefer sub just because that's how I watch most anime, but I don't mind the dub at all and will sometimes watch it instead. If you go dub, watch the viz media dub. this is the newest dub and also the one on Hulu. enjoy the show!
my candies:
Jul 20, 2022 2:52 PM
Sep 2020
Equal. Unserious magical girl comedy allows dubs to thrive. Only a couple meh voices.
Jul 20, 2022 9:30 PM
Jan 2021
Sailor moon was my first anime I've ever watched, I will always prefer the dic dub even though it's not true to the original script at times
Jul 21, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2016
Personally I'd rather watch the sub, but I also grew up with the terrible DiC dub which I'll put on for a laugh. If you prefer dubs, the Viz media dub is pretty good from the bits I've seen. I believe they didn't change much, script wise.

When I sat down and decided to watch the entire first series for the first real time as an adult, I chose subs as I felt that was more true to the source material. Dubs usually have some line changes, although most of the time they're insignificant.
Jul 22, 2022 7:42 AM
Jul 2020
I watched it in dub but it’s up to you
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
Jul 22, 2022 8:45 AM

Jan 2018
sub is better if you never heard about dub in your language.
Jul 23, 2022 4:49 PM
Sep 2021
Both is fine, dub is nostalgic for me cause I’m american but the english dub is pretty golden if you wanna give it a go

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 43 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 42 Discussion

star_lit - Dec 31, 2009

34 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 41 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

23 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 40 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 16, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 16, 3:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.