Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Orient
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, it looks like Musashi got seperated from his usual group meaning he's not with Tsugumi or Kojirou anymore.

Seems like this is a buildup and prep episode although guys like Akihiro, Katsumi, etc also made an impression. Musashi better watch out. He's got competition.

Jul 18, 2022 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is showing what Orient is good at, to show how nice the character design of many powerful bushi. But emphasize "character design", they deserve much better action, character design alone won't make it a good anime, but at least it serves as a good material, for me anyway.
Jul 18, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Musashi got destroyed by the guy with the kitetsu blades on his feet. He asks to be friends but he rejects it...
He misunderstands Musashi and honestly I hope he gets brutally murdered eventually by Musashi who will hopefully prove his strength later.
Even Michiru doesn't have Musashi's back.
Meanwhile, Kojiro and Tsumugi are doing very well for themselves!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 18, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2015
lol they skipped that part with inuda, its censored af and rushed.
Jul 18, 2022 11:55 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Musashi is fighting the guy who becomes the leader because he is scaring the whole group and several oni appear and Musashi's team ends up defeating them together
Jul 18, 2022 12:20 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Welp. Musashi got his ass handed to him by Naoe with his break dancing kitetsu blades. Naoe may be harsh, but he knows how to lead with conviction and everyone manged to fall in line except for him. It's obvious that Musashi doesn't know his place or respect the chain of command when talking to someone who is in a higher position than him. Everyone is working together as a unit while Musashi is the odd man out so he better suck it up and get with the program or be cannon fodder for the Kishin.
Jul 18, 2022 2:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That orange hair guy is annoying wanting to be the chef like that but he really ridiculized Musashi that just feels useless now for his group while almost everyone agree to obey to the orange hair guy order.. while his friends are in the best group enjoying themselves xD at least Naoe seems to be some serious stuff with how OP he is
Jul 18, 2022 6:09 PM
Jun 2017
this episode just shows us that Musashi needs to learn to fight as a group as it shown how he is having a hard time killing those lesser oni's...
Jul 18, 2022 7:28 PM
Jan 2021
When your boss is mean. It's kind of annoying that the leader goes around insulting others. It's kind of funny cause it isn't even his strength but the strength of the group that is actually defeating the oni.

When a leader can't respect their team then why should they respect their leader? Being unable to gain the respect of your team is a sign of a weak leader.
Jul 18, 2022 7:33 PM

Jun 2021
Man, how is it Kojiro and Tsugumi got put in with the nice “fun” unit and Musashi has to deal with a douche who uses swords on his feet? Lol.

Noguchi seems like a pretty silly character. At least he’s not a total knob like practically every other bushi. Naoe is pretty badass, I kinda like that uptight pencil pusher. Man had 7 wives too, impressive haha.

I’m glad Musashi is learning a lesson. Teamwork makes the dream work and all that right? Kid has a ways to go if he wants to be a successful bushi. He needs to build up his strength and learn to play well with others.
Jul 19, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2017
The 3-way battle between Musashi, the strong Shimazu and weak Amano being the unit commander...and Shimazu makes his presence known of how strong he is. In that stead, Musashi trying to plea to everyone through friendship, it's obvious that it's just a plea to get along and band together...but this way, it's Shimazu's order, his own way as the commander fit to lead the Bushi unit. As for Kojiro and Tsugumi, their Bushi band dynamic is a lot better.

Clearly, Musashi doesn't appreciate hierarchy a hella lot, and this lone Bushi Noguchi is certainly an irritating one to come. To me, it seems like Naoe is more fit for being an accountant/secretary position than one being at the battlefront, and it doesn't take long for lesser Oni to come for the attack, where Naoe hides his namesake of a power that's like Musashi's of the Red Blade, but infinity times stronger to put confidence in the people.

The only person who's been out of line...is Musashi himself, not understanding of how the world works. The typical Shonen protag that cannot think on his own feet.
Jul 19, 2022 9:38 AM
Sep 2021
It was a decent episode, Musashi is now learning how the world has evolved, he is trying to learn how to cope with others, he's learning where his faults are and now he knows what does bushi means? How to work together as a team he is learning it.
I give this episode 6/10.
Jul 19, 2022 10:20 PM

Jul 2021
Pretty good episode.

The contrast in Mushashi and Kojiro, Tsumigi's unit was hilarious poor Mushashi xD.

Not a big fan of the lip piercings dude.

I wonder if Musashi can do anything alone right now.

5/5 episode, very enjoyable.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 19, 2022 11:18 PM

Oct 2008
lolz this episode is similar to the Magi extreme magic wherein all of the high level characters shared their power to the strongest character which is Sinbad! haha ... so on this series "Orient" do we also have a Sinbad-like kinda character??? hmmmm...
4/5.

Jul 21, 2022 6:10 AM

Oct 2015
Musashi sure got pummeled and humiliated, even the girls stared at him like a loser. He made it worse by protesting like he's the shit, on the while he made himself look worse like "you've lost already sit the fuck down loser". Probably he'll redeem his ass.

Kojiro and Tsugumi are something else 😄
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 22, 2022 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
I don't enjoy this ep, seeing Musashi being defeated and humiliated like that is bad enough but they have rub fucking acid on his wound too

I hope he gets stronger otherwise he is just sad and pathetic to look at

Btw that douchebag Shimazu sucks, I hate him
Jul 22, 2022 12:36 PM

Feb 2021
RedChrome said:
I don't enjoy this ep, seeing Musashi being defeated and humiliated like that is bad enough but they have rub fucking acid on his wound too

I hope he gets stronger otherwise he is just sad and pathetic to look at

Btw that douchebag Shimazu sucks, I hate him

Absolutely agree. Musashi needs to be stronger, he looks so sad, I want to hug and say many kind words to him!

Shimazu is very strict and arrogant, I also don't like him and such persons. Strictness is good if itREALLY NEEDED. In that situation it isn't so obligatorily needed, I am sure of it.
May 6, 2023 7:35 PM
May 2023
A história e os personagem são incríveis me surpreendo a cada episódio
Jun 8, 2023 3:28 PM
May 2023
Interesante...musashi empieza a ver como funcionan las cosas en el mundo de los bushi, tiene que empezar a aprender y entranar para lo el quiere ser

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2022

43 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

21 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

17 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:14 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2022

11 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

17 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 9, 2023 7:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.