Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, Berry is such a risktaker. She just jumped out with Hack just like that but I admire her bravery.

Speaking of Hack, I find his character really interesting from this episode as he's also a daredevil who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Episode had a strange pacing but overall still entertaining. I want to see more of Hack action tbh.
Jul 17, 2022 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
Stark700 said:
Berry is such a risktaker. She just jumped out with Hack just like that
that's only because she listened to Finn's instruction. She thought it's dangerous at first.
tsubasaloverJul 17, 2022 7:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 17, 2022 9:28 AM

Jun 2021
It’s interesting these “ghosts” live outside of society simply because they didn’t get registered for their Decos or their likes got erased for whatever reason. Kind of messed up how they’re collective shunned by society like that. Must have been tough for Hack and Finn to grow up under that situation. I’m kind of curious to know what their relationship is.

I liked Berry in her lawyer disguise. It was kind of like a high tech Vincent Adultman situation lol. I’m still kind of curious as to what this Phantom Zero phenomenon is. Definitely not some game and that situation didn’t just occur naturally like Berry said. Some wider conspiracy at play?
Jul 17, 2022 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
The streetview scene is pretty cool.
Jul 17, 2022 10:22 AM
Mar 2021
Pretty good episode! It was very interesting and entertaining honestly. The courtroom scene was so much fun. The fact that the prosecutor was a robot showed how “totally fair” court session was.

It’s also pretty interesting how ghosts live outside of society because they didn’t get registered for their decos. Its messed up how they’re trying to hide the existence of ghosts and how they got edited out of society.

I’m also impressed on how the phantom zero game was indeed a cover up while authorities are trying to find out what’s happening. I’m very curious to know what actually is Zero and what’s going on.
Jul 17, 2022 11:12 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Berry needs to find evidence by tommorow morning that Hack isn't responsible for the phantom zero phenomenon before he getd convicted for it...
I feel sorry for Yurei like Finn having no real place to belong.
Belle the defense lawyer xD.
Berry's disguise failed...
The real phantom zero showed up!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 17, 2022 11:15 AM

Apr 2021
After two episodes I'd been thinking this is turning out too simpleminded to carry on with, but this episode suggests there's actual vision behind it... database glitches as sources of disenfranchisement. And the episode felt like it was about five minutes. Huh? It ended already?
Jul 17, 2022 12:29 PM

May 2018
- Now we know why all those people were censored from from the footage - they are not registered thus officially they don't exist.
- Igi Ari!
Jul 17, 2022 2:00 PM
Aug 2018
Best episode so far.
Might be decent after all.
Jul 17, 2022 4:04 PM
May 2020
This might be the best original new series for me this summer.
But yes there have been other shows with the horrors of a future society.

But I would rather watch this then cute kids in another world with their smartphones.
Jul 17, 2022 5:39 PM

Mar 2020
Definitely the most exciting episode of the series so far. I was a bit skeptical of how much substance this show would have, but it does seem to have some depth to it. Looking forward to more.
Jul 18, 2022 12:05 AM

Mar 2012
What makes me most interested about this is how I still can't tell what direction it's going, which I guess is sort of expected with this studio.
Jul 18, 2022 5:30 AM

Mar 2008
Berry’s disguise was amusing. And surprising she was trusting enough to jump without understanding what was she jumping to. Really someone should have told her.

And ahhh left on a clifhanger. Such a short feeling episode.
Jul 18, 2022 5:33 AM

Jan 2020
Hack doesn't really strike me as badass enough to pull off this silence act -- Ah, he was sleeping, that makes more sense.

This series gets more and more dystopian with each passing episode. Though there are still a lot of questions. One of the bigger ones would probably be, why are the Yurei being abandoned if cracks in the system are responsible for their existence? Just too inconvenient to bother with them?

As ridiculous as this court setup is, especially with the completely unnecessary powdered wigs, and, assuming the entire process probably isn't all that fair. I still find Hack to be annoying, so whatever happens to him, happens to him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since Berry is part of the system, I wonder if she'll end up getting reported as deceased and taken out of the system? Thus, inadvertently becoming a Yurei?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 18, 2022 11:19 AM
Dec 2021
Gotta love Finn! Nerdy really just jumped because she got told to
Jul 18, 2022 12:45 PM

Jul 2017
Berry getting stalked by this conspicuous woman Finn who's looking for Hack (whom got captured by the Customer Center), and the world slowly expands outside of the usual Deco customization features...which beneath that system, exposes a flaw known as the Yurei: people without existence and not monitored as unregistered citizens, of which they are free people, but not wholly invisible to the system. Sounds confusing, but it somewhat makes sense.

No matter what Berry may say, if there's no evidence claiming that Hack's innocent, it's not enough to evict him of that, and thankfully that data-stored rose is the start of the key to activate the standalone Hyperverse, discern Hack's location and capture the original source, even if there is insufficient data.

And there it is...the irrefutable evidence that more than vindicates Hack's innocence, for now, they can't do much about the real Phantom Zero, so escape is the next thing, and it'd be a fast one to pull that they are caught in the fire to be deceased that fast.
Jul 18, 2022 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
The ED song is such a banger
Jul 19, 2022 8:09 AM

Oct 2015
I like Hack, awesome character so far. His mystery continues to intrigue me, I'm sensing huge things from him rather than Berry.

I thought Finn was a Woman, that's anime for you.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 19, 2022 2:16 PM

Oct 2019
Holy W, This is peak.
Jul 20, 2022 2:49 AM

Oct 2019
oh come on.

i came here to read a few negative posts to figure out why the score is low.

but all i'm seeing is praise.

i would just pass it as people not wanting new art styles, but even with that, this has a way lower rating than other science saru works.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Zeerks (I will make you YouTube thumbnails/banners): https://zeerk.com/jobs/graphics-design/i-will-make-you-your-youtube-banner-thumbnail/
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 20, 2022 11:12 PM

Jan 2021
I wonder if there are any other humans living normal lives outside of the island, while those on the island are confined by their Decos.

This is probably my favorite episode so far, and I think I'm gonna stick with it. It's slowly gotten more interesting over the past 3 weeks, and I think I'm used to Hack's way of speaking, so it's not as jarring anymore.

Jul 20, 2022 11:14 PM

Jan 2021
lihle808 said:
I like Hack, awesome character so far. His mystery continues to intrigue me, I'm sensing huge things from him rather than Berry.

I thought Finn was a Woman, that's anime for you.
What a coincidence, I thought Hack was a girl until today.

Jul 24, 2022 1:33 AM
Apr 2022
Great episode. Now we know that this island isn't utopia at all, the existence of ghost as proof. The ghost are people that didn't get registered or erased (for unknown reason) and made them cease to exist. I hope this anime has good ending and not dissapointing
Aug 2, 2022 2:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The phenomena are still mysterious, but at least they could escape with Hack thanks to that lawyer trick lol, though the explosion at the end... I hope they're fine.
Aug 19, 2022 11:02 PM
May 2019
Silent_Shadow05 said:
It’s interesting these “ghosts” live outside of society simply because they didn’t get registered for their Decos or their likes got erased for whatever reason. Kind of messed up how they’re collective shunned by society like that. Must have been tough for Hack and Finn to grow up under that situation. I’m kind of curious to know what their relationship is.

I liked Berry in her lawyer disguise. It was kind of like a high tech Vincent Adultman situation lol. I’m still kind of curious as to what this Phantom Zero phenomenon is. Definitely not some game and that situation didn’t just occur naturally like Berry said. Some wider conspiracy at play?
The ghost remind me of the movie down sizing where people would shrink themselves for global
Brokenphos said:
Great episode. Now we know that this island isn't utopia at all, the existence of ghost as proof. The ghost are people that didn't get registered or erased (for unknown reason) and made them cease to exist. I hope this anime has good ending and not dissapointing
we kind of knew that from the whole control of everything you consume thing.
Sep 20, 2022 6:55 AM

Feb 2021
Luckily that they have proof.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» This screams hidden gem of the season ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jun 6, 2022

68 by Marinate1016 »»
Sep 27, 2023 12:17 PM

» Pilot film question

Myani2016 - Dec 25, 2022

0 by Myani2016 »»
Dec 25, 2022 7:42 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

38 by bastek66 »»
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 AM

» Song Information Regarding to Teaser video

Ancerise - Dec 10, 2022

0 by Ancerise »»
Dec 10, 2022 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2022

26 by Swiggy »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.