Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 27, 2021 3:30 AM

May 2020
Damn, that kid was totally cool with selling his brother. Although, if your brother's such a pain in the ass, why all the effort to save him ?

Damn, Popo sold Warp out didn't he ?

I can't say I've understood everything about the setting but it seems interesting. Hopefully, future episodes are less confusing.
Jan 14, 2022 3:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cannot believe I took so long to watch this. This is so good.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2, 2022 8:29 PM

Feb 2021
this kinda sucks tbh
Apr 19, 2022 12:50 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, didn't know it would be this good . The art and sound direction were so good. It'd been a while since I felt so captivated after watching the first episode.

“Don’t cry. Not yet.
Just feeling the frustration is enough”

Jun 15, 2022 5:29 AM

Jul 2021
It seemed to be mainly world-building and connections between characters, but the action scenes also looked fucking weird.

The whole show could be turned upside down if it were clarified what the mark on the hippocampus chest meant.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 19, 2022 7:47 PM

Dec 2021
i am in l<3ve /// ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jan 5, 2023 6:13 AM
Apr 2016
fyrga said:
What the fuck did i just watch? :S
hahaha what are your thoughts on the anime as a whole?
Jan 14, 2023 2:17 AM

Mar 2015
I've finally started watching this after planning to for 4 or more years now, I love the animation and the atmosphere so far.
Jun 11, 2023 4:45 PM

Jan 2019
concept is very ahead of its time, i like the colors nad animation as well. i really like this anime so far
candies:

Sep 9, 2023 8:08 PM

Apr 2019
I didn't think it was bad, but it wasn't at all inviting for me to continue watching.
The ep went by quickly, it's very lively, but I thought it was just very wtf and didn't introduce the world and characters very well, which I think is important to keep watching something. I don't know if I'll continue, as I'm sure I'll find it very boring from now on, as this first ep didn't leave me wanting to know what all that is happening is.
Jan 10, 9:46 AM
Jul 2017
trippy and confusing, lets see if it improves
Mar 20, 9:01 AM

Dec 2022
May as well be a bunch of loose skits at the moment. None of the scenes followed each other in an orderly, natural manner; instead, the characters just instantly emerged in different places that act as a setpiece, with a singular event transpiring in each one, making the narrative seem superficial. Hopefully the worldbuilding becomes significantly more cohesive as the anime progresses. Aside from the body swapping through the cylindrical chips and the customary social inequality that comes with most anime trying to commentate on society on a broad scale, it's still confusing. The pacing needs to settle down.

One of the characters mentioned hippos and snakes as well. It's hard to believe regular wildlife with conventional morphology exists in a world where every other creature is a geometrical and bizarre abstract mutant.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I’m indifferent to the point of dropping it

Sagepool - Apr 13

0 by Sagepool »»
Apr 13, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Netforce - Aug 7, 2008

153 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trojun - Aug 7, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 10 Discussion

8GaugeBrett - Jul 31, 2008

43 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

freedo- - Jul 4, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 3:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.