Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 15, 2022 10:36 AM
Mar 2020
I watched RWBY back in the day upon release of the first 4 trailers I even have the poster and a beacon academy t shirt from back then. I followed the OG show week by week and then release by release and then finally got to the point of stalling out halfway through the latest season but I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually. Ice Queendom however felt like a refreshing twist on the RWBY story I like both versions for different reasons I treat it like when a band covers a song from another band and you like both of em so they sit side by side In the playlist. very excited to see where the anime original plot heads in the coming episodes
Jul 15, 2022 12:57 PM
Jan 2021
I definitely agree that some of the new story elements are good changes, and they condense down the recap in a very digestible manner. It’s definitely missing the fights and humor, though the latter might be gained back in the dub. Hoping that the following episodes are going to keep it going strong!
Jul 15, 2022 5:31 PM
Oct 2019
In terms of fights theres only been 1 fight arguably better in ice queendom, the rest of the fights are either cut out or easily better in the original. Lots of the original plot line is rushed, I like that they added new content to the show we dont know where they’ll go with it yet though. The original seems better so far
poo poo
Jul 17, 2022 7:37 AM

Jul 2008
Fans love the original series due to the fight scenes(definitely one of the main reasons). I understand that good storylines are important but the current Queendom series should also try to emphasize on the fighting scenes which is what the original audiences love.
Jul 20, 2022 3:07 PM
Jun 2020
Kamaranth said:
I watched RWBY back in the day upon release of the first 4 trailers I even have the poster and a beacon academy t shirt from back then. I followed the OG show week by week and then release by release and then finally got to the point of stalling out halfway through the latest season but I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually. Ice Queendom however felt like a refreshing twist on the RWBY story I like both versions for different reasons I treat it like when a band covers a song from another band and you like both of em so they sit side by side In the playlist. very excited to see where the anime original plot heads in the coming episodes

also being an OG fan I agree completely. As much as I love OG RWBY it has been dragging and really needs a refreshing bit of story (I'm cautiously optimistic for the coming season) while Ice Queensom feels like the breath of fresh air RWBY needs 😄
Jul 20, 2022 6:54 PM
Nov 2016
ShanaFlame said:
Fans love the original series due to the fight scenes(definitely one of the main reasons). I understand that good storylines are important but the current Queendom series should also try to emphasize on the fighting scenes which is what the original audiences love.

Yeah, this is exactly why I freaking love the OG RWBY, the fight scenes are simply amazing and way better than what I've seen so far in these 3 episodes of RWBY Icequeendom, I also like the music in those fight scenes in the OG RWBY, they nailed it and they hype the shit out of me with the nicely placed music, and lastly, I quite enjoyed the comedy of the OG RWBY too.

And so far, RWBY Icequeendom is lacking the amazing choreography in the fight scenes (it's not bad, it's just way inferior IMHO), the hype music in those fight scenes, the comedy, and the character interactions, the things I mentioned are the things I love the most about the OG RWBY and RWBY Icequeendom is failing pretty hard on this, not to mention they rushed the fuck out of these 3 episodes which made the situation even worse for me.

Sure, I will watch the rest of the episodes, but so far, I'm disappointed with it and I'm not expecting much out of RWBY Icequeendom, I hope this anime proves me wrong but I'm seriously not expecting much out of this.
Jul 20, 2022 10:38 PM

Apr 2013
it's pretty good, tho for someone who watched old volumes we all know this will get pretty dark but it's nice that they kept the default background characters in here just like in the OG. example the workers. all same face, just like the enemy soldiers.
lovely.
Jul 21, 2022 5:22 AM
Aug 2021
I really like the new show. I just miss the old soundtrack. This will be the day will always be the intro to rwby
Jul 22, 2022 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
Kismit said:
I really like the new show. I just miss the old soundtrack. This will be the day will always be the intro to rwby
I hope this series will have several good soundtracks.
Sep 28, 2022 9:24 PM

Oct 2008
Hope RWBY gets more attention. I think it has potential. I couldn't see it here, nor am I willing to give the OG RWBY a chance. But there is potential here, that much I can see.
Oct 4, 2022 1:48 AM

Oct 2017
xZabuzax said:
ShanaFlame said:

Yeah, this is exactly why I freaking love the OG RWBY, the fight scenes are simply amazing and way better than what I've seen so far in these 3 episodes of RWBY Icequeendom, I also like the music in those fight scenes in the OG RWBY, they nailed it and they hype the shit out of me with the nicely placed music, and lastly, I quite enjoyed the comedy of the OG RWBY too.

And so far, RWBY Icequeendom is lacking the amazing choreography in the fight scenes (it's not bad, it's just way inferior IMHO), the hype music in those fight scenes, the comedy, and the character interactions, the things I mentioned are the things I love the most about the OG RWBY and RWBY Icequeendom is failing pretty hard on this, not to mention they rushed the fuck out of these 3 episodes which made the situation even worse for me.

Sure, I will watch the rest of the episodes, but so far, I'm disappointed with it and I'm not expecting much out of RWBY Icequeendom, I hope this anime proves me wrong but I'm seriously not expecting much out of this.

Everything you said is and the other comment is exactly how I feel after the first episode and looking to be from the second - I'm highly disappointed in the fact that its 8-9 years later and they're putting out animation scenes that aren't better than what the original did in 2013? With basic software? Like wtf lol?

Still pretty good animation and backgrounds in a lot of scenes, improved art, but it lacks in the actual animation and execution department, because its not showing enough of the fight, enough of the choreography, and yes its 2d not 3d, but thats no excuse not to do full rotation fight scenes if you're a brand name company, just put in the extra hours and make it great like it should be,

My biggest disappointment was the music and soundtrack though, it was there, but when the fights went down, it wasn't blasting like the original from her headphones, it didn't amp me up at all, and honestly, i didn't like the animation when i first watched RWBY in like 2015-2016 - but when I heard that "this'll be the day" song start playin and lil ruby started going all badass lol that was just epic man! at that point i had to give it another episode because it had good action, good storyline, and even some comedy with her eating all them cookies, cause i can seriously relate to that lmao, chocolate chips are life lol

TLDR;
But overall, I didn't feel the hype in these fight scenes, the music and the execution of the choregraphy is a big part and it didn't deliver
Oct 6, 2022 12:32 PM
Nov 2016
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
I still don't understand how people can sit there and tell me that the OG RWBY series has better fights and animation than the new RWBY anime.

I think most people are blinded by nostalgia.

Me personally, I could never get past an episode of Old RWBY due to bad animation and poor voice-acting but for the RWBY anime, I've actually enjoyed it somewhat.

So you never finished an episode in the OG RWBY? no wonder you find the animation bad, yeah, vol 1 has wonky animation but the animation in the fight choreography is superb even in vol 1 and it gets even better in vol 2 and up.

Keep watching it and you will see why plenty of people actually praise the animation in the fight choreography in the OG RWBY and no, it's not because of "nostalgia", the OG RWBY is well praised because of the animation in the fight choreography and the "Nostalgia" factor has nothing to do with it.
Oct 6, 2022 12:38 PM
May 2011
Volume 1 of RWBY is very amateurish, which is to be expected when you have a series created by amateurs. It's charming in a way, but not what hooked people. No, that would be Monty Oum and the sick action choreography.

I think Ice Queendom did a good job paying homage to the original in the episodes where they adapted the original material. Unfortunately, Shaft didn't save enough budget for it's original content. It looks very amateurish, which isn't really acceptable from a professional studio. It's boring, ugly, and doesn't even follow it's own established rules.
Oct 6, 2022 9:11 PM
Oct 2022
So I just watched the first 2 episodes of the English dub and animation is great but I miss the high octane music and the over the top comedy

More topics from this board

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

51 by Pingl0sek »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:00 PM

» Which will happen first

Tank895 - Aug 26, 2023

14 by PinkRawChicken »»
Aug 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

104 by MABEL_APPLE »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 21, 2022

40 by kitsune0 »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:22 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 18, 2022

81 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.