Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Why do you guys actually like fairy tail?
Jul 14, 2022 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
I use to watch this show when I was like 12 and I liked it at the time. But now I tried re-watching and its blehhhhhhh. But looking at the design of the characters ,I can see why ppl actually finished till the end

If there is any other option, you're free to comment
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2022 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
Looking at the character designs i also have a problem to keep it to the end while finishing.
Jul 14, 2022 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Mystogan is the only reason. I love its design and mysterious personality. His style of fighting with the magic of illusion was also interesting to me \(^o^)/
Jul 14, 2022 7:49 AM

Jul 2015
It is subjective, but I kinda liked this "power of friendship" vibes.
It was kinda trashy, some characters were cringe, but waifu bait is top notch.

But soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal. You can fight me on that.

Jul 14, 2022 7:51 AM
Feb 2021
mashima's design is really good but leave that aside, fairy tail have a very good story and world building and it's just a fun series not too deep and not too innocent
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Jul 14, 2022 7:52 AM
Aug 2019
Episodes 1-80 are mediocre for me. And you will have to suffer the nirvana arc. But when the story gets to the tenrou island arc is when things get real. Because all the arcs after (except the fillers) are all interesting stories and then you learn more about the history of Fairy Tail, dragon slayers, and etc. characters get more depth, the world building gets better, and when you learn more about who Zeref is, I would say the story is outstanding at that point. But you have to grind through 80 episodes sadly.
Jul 14, 2022 7:57 AM
Mar 2022
if your under 16 its really fun, after 16 if you can take this show seriously god help you.

no offense meant.
Jul 14, 2022 7:58 AM
Mar 2022
hhiskey said:
Episodes 1-80 are mediocre for me. And you will have to suffer the nirvana arc. But when the story gets to the tenrou island arc is when things get real. Because all the arcs after (except the fillers) are all interesting stories and then you learn more about the history of Fairy Tail, dragon slayers, and etc. characters get more depth, the world building gets better, and when you learn more about who Zeref is, I would say the story is outstanding at that point. But you have to grind through 80 episodes sadly.

litterly the first half of fairy tail is the best part, after the timeskip its only tataros worth watching lol
Jul 14, 2022 8:03 AM

Jul 2017
Waifus/Husbandos, fanservice, and comedy. I find the best eps to be the more chill ones. The story and fights definitely don't carry the series that much for me besides a couple of arcs.

Jul 14, 2022 8:03 AM

Sep 2009
I love the characters and the story line honestly. I like the whole dragon slayer idea too
Jul 14, 2022 8:05 AM
Apr 2021
it's like the kind of anime that puts a smile on your face (I know it's not very convincing but that's the real reason I like it)
Jul 14, 2022 8:06 AM
Oct 2015
I’ve only ever watched the anime but IMO the series has a solid balance of action, comedy and other elements making it easy to digest but interesting enough to keep you going. It’s like watching a really long yet enjoyable filler arc, or something you’d watch on a Saturday morning. Requires long breaks between binging lol. I find the story to actually be pretty engaging (at times) but the range in character types and designs I think is definitely one of the series strong suits.

Also I just love Erza and Happy
Jul 14, 2022 8:06 AM
Dec 2020
i dont remember it i watched it when i didnt care about booba when i was like 11 or something
Jul 14, 2022 8:08 AM
Aug 2019
Deanomac2010 said:
hhiskey said:

litterly the first half of fairy tail is the best part, after the timeskip its only tataros worth watching lol

Everyone has different preferences. I truthfully was bored at the first part and found the show cheesy, I actually dropped the show at the nirvana arc for about a year. So, later when the show got a bit more serious is when I enjoyed it more. The start has memorable moments like natsu pretending to be a ninja, and everything with Jellal and Erza, and the whole thing with Laxus. But sadly that’s about it for me. I wished I enjoyed it more.
Jul 14, 2022 8:22 AM
Feb 2021
Nostalgia I guess been watching since 12
Jul 14, 2022 8:27 AM
Feb 2022
Probably not much of a valid reason but it's partly the nostalgia from when I was watching it in the first quarantine.
Besides that, despite its cringe moments and shitty fanservice, I can say it delivers. The story gets so much interesting in the later parts especially because of the excellent world building; the many mysteries surrounding Zeref and the Dragon Slayers, the whole Acnologia arc, the Tower of Heaven aka Erza's arc etc etc. They are all revealed slowly throughout the series that it makes you keep watching, at least that was the case for me.
It had some pretty big moments and the whole series was like a huge emotional rollercoaster.
Some characters get actual good character development, like Erza, Laxus, Gray and Ultear. Where can I even begin with their backgrounds - they were all very well-written. Lucy starts off as weak but as the series progresses she gets stronger and stronger, both regarding her magic powers and mentally-wise.
Though I still have a problem with Natsu's almost no character development whatsoever, and almost no character deaths. Lisanna for example served as an excellent source for Mira and Elfman's character development, but bringing her back ruined the whole thing - and not only that, she did absolutely nothing after that. She served nothing to the story. Bringing her back was futile and useless.
Basically I have many reasons to both love and dislike this series - still it had a big impact on me, and I'd still like to consider it as one of my favourites.
subliminalmindfJul 14, 2022 8:41 AM
Jul 14, 2022 8:33 AM
Feb 2021
We all know it’s a stupid anime, I think those who believe it’s actually really good are a small minority, but it’s actually really enjoyable. It’s not something I would binge watch, but an episode every now and then is so much fun. The characters are way over the top, the comedy is always present and always done in the right way, it has some serious scenes that hit the right way, the power of friendship is so stupid that it becomes a meme, so yeah all around while having many flaws is still a really enjoyable experience
Jul 14, 2022 8:43 AM

Jun 2011
I don't really like it, but I don't particularly hate it either. I think the poor action scenes really drag down the series. I personally don't mind power of friendship, it does irk me sometimes but I think it wouldn't have been a big deal for me if the fighting part was actually good.

Even when I thought Laxus has my favorite power element in fantasy (lightning/electric) I couldn't remember a single cool fight from him. All the characters only have a few moves and most of them are very uninspiring. That said, even though Naruto/Bleach also only have a couple of moves, at least the shows made them look cool, it's not in the case of Fairy Tail.

I do enjoy the overall premise of the show though, it does have decent story and cool ideas, the adventure isn't too bad, the guild/rank up system are nice, they have a couple of cool characters, it was supposed to be fun.. but because I couldn't get hyped about any of the fights, it just felt very bleh. I still remember getting so hyped about the build up for Natsu / Gajeel vs Sting / Rogue. The build up was great.. but when it came to the actual fight.. iirc Natsu ended up

The whole magic tournament arc was such a cool idea too, there were some decent fights in it, better set up than the colosseum fight in One Piece, but One Piece ended up having way better plot, fights, characters, depth, etc. that even though the tournament part was a stinker, the arc overall is way better.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 14, 2022 8:47 AM

Aug 2018
for the fanservice i guess
Jul 14, 2022 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
luffyussy said:
z
luffyussy said:
Yes, I actually meant to
Deanomac2010 said:
if your under 16 its really fun, after 16 if you can take this show seriously god help you.

no offense meant.
lmaoooo. Kind of what I was getting at as well, I enjoyed this show when I was 12 tho
Jul 14, 2022 9:01 AM
Jan 2021
Incredible potential espicallly for the World building and Villains, Foreshadowing etc but also suffers in so many things like Fan Service, boring episodes that feel like fillers even though they canon and flat characters. But honestly the build ups for Zeref and Acnologia espically on the tenrou Island arc were so amazing its so sad they were thrown away by power of friendship and were given so less screentime. But the biggest issue imo is that it lacks seriousness and brutality doesnt matter if the audience are mostly kids Naruto also had power of friendship moments but it also got really dark and sad what fairy tail doesnt.But to be fair the 100 year quest arc solves some problems that the original series had and shows that mashima learned from his mistakes and im very hyped to see it animated this or next year.But unfortunatly it seems like we will never get rid off his distusting fanservice..
Jul 14, 2022 9:29 AM
Aug 2021
Gotta love the osts, plus the story seems to hook me into it, plus the characters are fun and interesting
Jul 14, 2022 10:00 AM
Oct 2021
For me personally I’d say the balance of action comedy and character development it may also be nostalgia but for me personally I’ve always enjoyed it I just like the character development. For me personally I didn’t care for the first 100 ish episodes but the adventure that some of them have a look into the past and almost everything will have a meaning I just like that also with the announcement of the new season and that they actually find love and have kids adds to it I think it’s a really childish anime but it’s just enjoyable to watch.
Jul 14, 2022 10:16 AM
May 2021
Honestly, in my opinion, it's just the most baseline battle shounen out there. I enjoyed fairy tale because it does do everything a good battle shounen should do, all though I can clearly see that it did basically the bare minimum to get a passing mark in every category. There isn't anything particularly bad about it, just nothing great either. To me, for a battle shounen to hold my attention, I've found that it needs to be at least as good as fairy tail, any lower and i just won't be able to enjoy it
Jul 14, 2022 10:52 AM
Apr 2021
Well i really like the character designs and the soundtrack , but my favourite thing about fairy tail is its story. Tartaros and Tenrou Island are two of my favourite arcs ever
Jul 14, 2022 11:00 AM
Sep 2021
I like it because fairy tail has a certain vibe that I can't find anywhere else
and plus natsu is hot af
Jul 14, 2022 12:12 PM
Sep 2019
I liked how powerful their friendship was.
Each time Natsu rose to the plate, he fid not disappoint me. Especially when he got truly serious. I’m looking forward to seeing a possible animation of the manga series - 100 years quest. Oh and let’s not forget the confirmed shippings— both in the near end of the series and the Eden’s zero story. We all saw the glimpses of shipping. Kinda hard for me to miss. And the ability to have made me cry without my consent but yet it is still pretty cool ig! My gosh! You know what? I enjoyed everything. This anime is CLEARLY one of my favorites.
Jul 14, 2022 2:01 PM
Nov 2013
It just warms my heart. It makes me feel like i really wanna be a part of their guild. Seeing this strong friendship gives hope and makes me feel relief. And the fights are very cool.
Jul 14, 2022 3:21 PM
Jan 2022
The characters were interesting and I enjoy all of them, also the openings are fire and the Comedy is decent.
Jul 14, 2022 3:23 PM

Jun 2016
The ''saving grace'' of Fairy Tail has to be the soundtrack.
Jul 14, 2022 3:30 PM
Oct 2014
Its My #1 Anime Alongside The Naruto Franchise, I Definitely Can't Deny That One Of The Reasons I Love It So Much Is Natsu And Lucy's English Voice Actors Are My Top Male And Female VA's Todd Haberkorn And Chermeigh Leigh. But The Main Reason Is I Love Their Bonds Throughout The Entire Show I Know How Some People Can Get Annoyed By Them Or Find This Show Annoying , But This Show Is My Comfort Show , Its Got An Amazing Story With Loads Of Funny Moments And Tons Of Times That Make You Sob. I'm Currently Waiting SUPER EAGERLY For The 100Year Quest To Get Annimated Cause Some Serious Shiznit Is Supposed To Go Down!! It Also Really Makes Me Wish Guilds And Magic Were A Thing In Todays Day And Age I'd Love To Experience The Bonds They Do
Jul 14, 2022 3:55 PM
Nov 2017
nostalgia tbh. i prefer the manga over the anime tho
Jul 14, 2022 5:07 PM
Jun 2022
Everything is good in my opinion like characters, plot and stuff
Jul 14, 2022 6:53 PM

Dec 2021
I'd have to say nostalgia
The story isn't really the most interesting one but since i watched it as a kid i like the vibe around Fairy Tail and it's characters, it's pretty comforting
Jul 14, 2022 10:00 PM
Jun 2021
the dialogue is sometimes kinda cringe but there are some good moments and good arcs in the series
Jul 14, 2022 10:14 PM
May 2017
    Since it's one of the first Anime(s) I watched when I was started watching Anime. It was unique. There are several good reasons.

• A unique Fantasy World. It was so good that I still haven't found a Anime that is on par with it.
  • The Characters were really interesting. Each in their own way.
  • Character development for many characters.
  • Good Concept & Design.
  • Really Enjoyable. Although towards the very end, it could've been a lot better but ended in a simple manner.
  • Songs were great.
  • Animation was really good.
  • Even the villains had good back story and got chance to develop and become a better.

etc.

And the important one of all -

• It was incredibly fun to watch!!

Although there were many girls in the Anime which were good. And it's been a long time when I watched this Anime. And as far as I can remember, if we are talking about the WAIFU's, my my personal favorites are -

ShadowXBlasterJul 14, 2022 10:32 PM
Jul 14, 2022 11:28 PM
Jul 2016
I think the story is meh 'Oh lets fight this new group of baddies, get beaten. Get back up through the power of friendship. Realise that the baddies werern't so bad after all. Become allies' Rinse and repeat. I still watched it though for the boobies. Soundtrack is awesome as well.
Jul 15, 2022 3:53 PM
May 2021
Damn Fairy Tail man, this show changed me in some sort of way… yh I will always love this series no matter & the hate it gets is uncalled for welp who cares.
Jul 15, 2022 3:59 PM

Jan 2009
1. Waifus and Husbandos
2. Hype Moments with the power of friendship, catchy music, and decent action
Jul 15, 2022 10:47 PM
Jun 2022
I watched the anime and read the manga while it was airing because all of my friends watched it too. I was 13-15 back then and it was my first long anime (many eps). I guess it was a mix of having smth to talk about in school and proving everyone that I have the willpower to finish such long animes (I don't, I dropped the anime before they had the long break in 2016. But I finished the manga lol)
Jul 15, 2022 10:57 PM
Jul 2019
The fights while some can be predictable do leave me satisfied with how they end.
Jul 16, 2022 1:31 AM
Nov 2021
SkilledCoin said:
I use to watch this show when I was like 12 and I liked it at the time. But now I tried re-watching and its blehhhhhhh. But looking at the design of the characters ,I can see why ppl actually finished till the end

If there is any other option, you're free to comment

check the manga it's more mature/violent compared to the censored anime
Jul 16, 2022 1:32 AM
Nov 2021
hhiskey said:
Deanomac2010 said:

Everyone has different preferences. I truthfully was bored at the first part and found the show cheesy, I actually dropped the show at the nirvana arc for about a year. So, later when the show got a bit more serious is when I enjoyed it more. The start has memorable moments like natsu pretending to be a ninja, and everything with Jellal and Erza, and the whole thing with Laxus. But sadly that’s about it for me. I wished I enjoyed it more.

FT manga is more way different compared to the censored anime
Jul 16, 2022 11:55 AM
Mar 2018
I loved the plot and the anime gave me soooo much energy. I felt like I can do anything what I want.
Jul 17, 2022 9:25 AM
Jun 2022
I started watching this show when I was 14 and Fairy Tail invokes nostalgia for me. <3
It was incredibly fun to watch and the OST is 🔥
Jul 17, 2022 9:59 PM
Nov 2021
when I was about 11 yrs old I watched this and liked it since I liked action stuff when I was a kid, but now I only ever love it bc of brandish and loke lmao
Jul 18, 2022 1:04 AM

Mar 2015
Makes me smile and take a break from reality. Fun characters and fights. No waifu/husb for me here, just plain old fun with the gang of oddballs. Some characters I hate, like Parfum man, Butt wiggle gang, and Elfman's "be a man" gag can get very old, but nothings perfect.
Jul 18, 2022 1:40 AM
Aug 2021
idk i haven't seen this but gonna soon
Jul 18, 2022 8:05 AM
Nov 2021
It was more appealing to us as kids. But now actually its meh... I would say A-1 kinda ruined it. Natsu's VA is a bad choice. it is really annoying!!!
Jul 18, 2022 8:07 AM
Nov 2021
Nir-kun1 said:
mashima's design is really good but leave that aside, fairy tail have a very good story and world building and it's just a fun series not too deep and not too innocent

It's okay. it's quite rushed to be honest. Not much thought given to story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
8 hours ago

» Do you agree with the idea of ​​adding blood to Fairy Tail ? ( 1 2 )

Satan-sama - Aug 3, 2013

58 by ModsZone »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

138 by phantom346 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

110 by phantom346 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 163 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

116 by phantom346 »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.