Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
School life doesn't seem too out of the ordinary although we do get some magical action this time around.

It's hard to tell who the strongest among the main cast is but Abramelin seems to have a cool head among the group along with her talent. Hopefully the show takes more time to develop these characters tbh.
Jul 13, 2022 6:28 AM

Feb 2020
Another good episode. I think this was more interesting than the first one, because so many different things happened this time.

That black cat with the wizard hat is adorable. ^^

The Headmaster Solow's office looks very beautiful. I liked all those little details.

That bug chase was pretty hilarious.

Tori's nose is awesome. :D She can smell everything. Her "sniff sniffs" are so cute.

I wonder what's with that mysterious guy who killed those soldiers? Well, let's wait for some answers.

Well-deserved Victoria sandwiches for the girls after all the hard work.

SerafosJul 13, 2022 9:11 AM
Jul 13, 2022 6:40 AM

Oct 2019
The art was nice this ep and we had a tone shift halfway through.
Honestly tho, the girls stuff is kinda boring but the tone change makes it very interesting to see whats going on.
Also, MC got quite the sniffer on her face.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 13, 2022 6:58 AM

Jan 2020
I wish they'd have shown the Unison Magic class, rather than skipping over it to focus on bugs.

This anime reminds me of a series that was made based on a game for the sake of advertising the game and not for the sake of telling any sort of story -- God dammit, I Googled it and it is a mobile game. That makes so much more sense now.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 13, 2022 7:11 AM

Jun 2021
I like Hammit and Solow. They’re both waifus haha. Perdura is very cute too, very Sabrina the Teenage Witch (the 90s one).

These girls are all way too cute. They have a fun rapport with lots of cute banter. But then there’s a “warning” flashing across the screen and shit just gets real. One minute we see these adorable girls picking and eating wild strawberries and bring cute and shit, next minute we’re seeing dudes literally getting cut in half by some guy called Lucian Butzer. Wtf? Lol.

And like right after that, the girls fight a “bug” that’s a cute heat fairy covered in soot. They clean up and then sit down for some tea and snacks. It’s all so cute it makes me think I hallucinated that last segment lol.

What even is going on, man?
Jul 13, 2022 7:16 AM

Sep 2018
Odd little series lol, don't really know what to make of it.

The "Sniff sniff" is a lot more cuter when it isn't some middle aged guy doing it

Jul 13, 2022 7:52 AM

Feb 2019
Otsuka was really in his bag with these designs Omg the girls are so damn cute. People gonna call this boring but idc this is good eats. 20 mins of cute girls doing magical shit is just what I want.

Another tonal shift mid episode this time. That warning flashing across the screen letting us know not to get too comfortable?? Was the book the girls grabbed related to the one the dude had when he was killing the soldiers?

Can’t wait for the next ep.

Hmmm, fetish
Marinate1016Jul 13, 2022 7:57 AM
Jul 13, 2022 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
Arsnotoria is slowly getting into the groove of her classes, and Hammit reminds me of the talking hat in Harry Potter, while Headmaster Solow keeps everything in check.

The only (still) notable thing about Tori is her sniffing, for the girls are Pentagrams of flowers to check on bugs that attract unwanted attention to them, so they have to do the extermination every now and then.

Finding one roaming around in this humongous school, the girls find themselves being helpless, that is until Tori deciphers the bug and finds it to be a fairy rather in need of a clean. That's one of many issues down, and the girls need more training along with thei supposed CGDCT downtime, that's for sure.

Also, these warning signs which tell a darker story, as such with one they call the "White Flash" Lucian Butzer, kinda wondering what his character will bring into this game adaptation.

For now, nothing is really happening. It's boring...
Jul 13, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2010
Marinate1016 said:
That warning flashing across the screen letting us know not to get too comfortable??

Also in case you were wondering about that wobbly figure that the girls were bowing to in the first/second episode - it's supposedly a player. Maybe they've decided to do it this way because you can choose a gender.
Chipp12Jul 13, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 13, 2022 10:45 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems there are bugs that target people with magic...
Arsnotoria's 'sniff sniff' are sugoku kawaii nano desu! (Nipah!)

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 13, 2022 12:54 PM
Jan 2022
My God this anime is boring.
Jul 13, 2022 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
Ixed_Cxffee said:
My God this anime is boring.

so glad I'm not the only one thinking it. I almost fell asleep this episode!

I' gave it a couple ep now but show makes no sense and to boring!

Not even WET-ONIICHAN could watch this!
Jul 13, 2022 3:06 PM

Jun 2017
VanishingKira said:
Secret garden - their academy hidden within books
the flowers - the young girls
bugs - men
knights - the guys slaughtering people in the real world
wards - the pieces of papers scattered throughout the academy as a barrier hiding their world.

The fairy this episode was a false alarm, there might already be a man with the academy, the one glitchy girl who appearance is covered, seems to have short hair and might be a guy.

That's a good catch, I didn't think they were hiding in a book, just some random barrier nobody seems to be able to find so far.
Jul 13, 2022 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder what is it about this show that nothing really happens yet I don't get any bored, and the girls are super cute but don't felt overdone, the tone shifts are also pretty cool and look great.
Jul 13, 2022 4:12 PM
Jun 2021
This anime reminds me of Harry Potter, mainly the castle it like Hogwarts 2.0. I find that so fascinating to me. It looks like Hogwarts, the bell chime to signal class, and the vibe of it is just too cool. The bad guys at the end of episode 1 reminded me of the Death Eaters from Harry Potter, and their grey uniform where the logos are reminds me of the cloaks from Harry Potter. One more thing the fairies reminds me of creatures from Harry Potter, which are the house elves they do a similar task not exactly though. They also are giving us personality of the characters which is pretty neat. I love this anime so far.
Jul 13, 2022 4:26 PM

Aug 2020
100% relaxing. I feel comfy seeing these girls living their magical life. The characters and their outfits are very pretty. Also the bg/world is beautiful. My cup of coffee i guess. <4

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 13, 2022 6:47 PM

Dec 2014
Meh. While I like the slow pace of the girls portions, the whole teasing "le edgy ongoing background story" is going to get old fast. Hope we get something interesting next episode otherwise I'll drop it.

Otherwise, I do like the character designs and the ED.
Jul 13, 2022 9:40 PM

Nov 2010
  • Even though the five girls' costumes including accessories seem kind of troublesome to draw, the teachers' ones are astoundingly elaborate.
  • Also tinges of rosy cheeks and eye shadows are added. Very high calory works are needed.
  • Although part of the premises are similar to that of Kunoichi Tsubaki, men in this show seem really scary and tough.
  • According to the line of the knight thing, he thinks he is against the evil. But the girls are to fight with those men. Some kind of twist is set up?
  • Weapons: sword, parasol, bandage, nimbleness... and muffler?
  • Tea time: Victoria sandwich, this time.
  • Chipp12 said:
    Also in case you were wondering about that wobbly figure that the girls were bowing to in the first/second episode - it's supposedly a player. Maybe they've decided to do it this way because you can choose a gender.[/spoiler]
    That helps a lot.
  • Marinate1016 said:
    Hmmm, fetish
    Actually I never have such kind of tendency, but I felt the same way.
Jul 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
I mean... I love my cute girls doing cute things but not gonna lie, this is being so damn boring. So... can we just focus on the group of bishies massacring people from now on?
Jul 14, 2022 12:52 AM
Nov 2017
Chipp12 said:
Marinate1016 said:
That warning flashing across the screen letting us know not to get too comfortable??

I've been thinking something is off with the show, and one thing I was thinking about was the audio mixing/sound direction. After watching that gameplay, I'm weirded out more than ever. That fight seemed to be the most boring and inconsequential thing out there due to an almost complete lack of bgm and appropriate sound effects. It feels weightless and almost dreamlike (in a bad way) when all the girls are just sort of yelling their lines into a void. What a weird creative decision. If the show is taking queues from this, it might explain why it feels off as well.
Jul 14, 2022 3:01 AM

Oct 2007
getting better. If this is an rpg game, the girls are all extremely low level beginners. While those scary guys at the op theme are all max levelled. LOL

it's a bit of a surprise the girls have to manually put on their costumes. I guess no magical girl transformation.. automatic putting on clothes here.

the song at the OP is starting to get addicting for me. Watched this episode at least three times today. Sign that I might be buying something later if things stay the same.

looking forward to next week! :)
Jul 14, 2022 1:34 PM

Mar 2015
This Show is absolute WEAPONIZED MOE at a level I've never seen before...It's like with each and EVERY scene is made to be as moe as could POSSIBLY BE! The animation is freaking gorgeous; LIDENFILMS always knocks it out of the park! Mell is definitely my favorite so far. She hits all the marks...

☑ - Green Hair

☑ - Tomboyish

☑ - Genki as fuuuuudge

I dunno about the wrest of you, but I'm loving this, and can't wait for each Thursday! This Season is so freaking stacked, it's unbelievable.
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓾 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽.

"ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕪!" - 𝕂𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕝𝕖; 𝕃𝔸 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥
Jul 14, 2022 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
Hmmm another chillax ep, nothing happen. I hope this change coz otherwise it will boring
Jul 14, 2022 3:13 PM

Nov 2012
Cute episode.
I am so happy wanko wasn't smelling her hair throughout.
Jul 16, 2022 5:14 PM
Aug 2013
Well this is incredibly boring. After reading some of the comments on Crunchyroll, I was expecting it to be more like Madoka. Sure, Arsnotoria has some obvious twists to it, but everything feels so darn ham-fisted and dull. Hearing it's based on a mobile game certainly didn't help. Dropping the series for now, might pick it up again if I hear it gets actually good later on. Sigh.
Jul 16, 2022 8:53 PM

Nov 2009
VanishingKira said:
Secret garden - their academy hidden within books
the flowers - the young girls
bugs - men
knights - the guys slaughtering people in the real world
wards - the pieces of papers scattered throughout the academy as a barrier hiding their world.

The fairy this episode was a false alarm, there might already be a man with the academy, the one glitchy girl who appearance is covered, seems to have short hair and might be a guy.

That's quite an interesting theory.

In episode 1 I thought they were like in the sky or something... cause the girls during Tea Party mentioned "going down to London" "requires Headmaster permission"

But looks like they're literally in "another world", possibly inside books as you mentioned.

Thing is... if the books in the real world gets destroyed, does that mean the Academy and the girls also die?

(or maybe they can't destroy the books, but they can destroy the caretakers in the real world and slowly invade the book and destroy it from the inside)

If it's this... does that also mean there are multiple Academies of books out there? are they able to communicate with each other with magic somehow?

___ ___ ___

And the MC be SNIFFING yet again... LOL

Also, are they the only "students" in this Academy? Cause they haven't shown us any other students besides the 5. (even tho the Magic Cat mentioned the "bug" was scaring the "other students"
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 17, 2022 11:32 AM
Sep 2019
why tf tori so damn cute
Jul 18, 2022 7:59 AM

Oct 2015
What an overreacting cat, for thinking that cute fairy was a threat. It's way more useful that the cat.

Honestly, I'm confused by the direction of this series.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 19, 2022 4:51 PM
Feb 2022
Not such a fabulous episode IMO, but I'm hanging in there for now.

It's really only the promise of a darker tone that drew me in in the first place, so I wonder how the show's going to balance those expectations going forward. People who want to see the dark-fantasy element may not sit through too much more SOL, while SOL fans may be deterred if there gets to be too much emphasis on the dark-fantasy.

... Also gotta admit that literally flashing the word " W a r n i n g " dramatically across the screen is a little bit funnier the second time around.
Jul 21, 2022 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
Let's face the truth.
This is not an animation of a game.
This is just a sequence of (unnecessary prolonged) game events(CGs) with "auto play" turned on. Play-through like. Looks cute but lacks substance.

Please check Princess Connect Re:DIVE to feel the difference.
Jul 22, 2022 3:53 AM

Oct 2018
Ehh, it's basically more of what I got from the first episode. The only difference thing being that the only visually interesting shot was the one with the rope tightening against the wall during the green haired girl's descent. Last episode had a couple more. Just one more episode.
Aug 7, 2022 1:33 PM

Sep 2020
Wonder what that scene in the middle has to do with the main characters, also I really like her saying "suun suun", just so cute!!!
Aug 10, 2022 11:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah yeah even the bug wasn't a real one but just a fairy, soot is causing even more problem than in Shadows House lol, what I mainly wonder is how these "older" fights scenes are related and if we'll get to see the girls in this kind of situation
Sep 29, 2022 9:55 PM

Feb 2021
So they are fighting against insects. Then, what about the other story that looks like a war? Hmm really interesting.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 9, 2023 11:05 PM

Feb 2013
those faries look very ghibli
<-click

More topics from this board

Poll: » Warau Arsnotoria Sun! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

28 by adelechan »»
Mar 8, 12:33 AM

» What is this about?

removed-user - Jun 7, 2022

13 by adelechan »»
Feb 14, 5:01 PM

» Confused? Don't watch unless you played the game

EinTheVariance - Dec 25, 2022

15 by adelechan »»
Feb 8, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Warau Arsnotoria Sun! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

53 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 3, 2023 10:10 PM

» Anime = 0 , Soundtrack = 10

Protoz - Oct 23, 2022

8 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 3, 2023 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.