Forum Settings
Forums

What is the weirdest game that you like? (Eroge included)

New
Jul 12, 2022 5:28 PM

Sep 2018
I recently got into the h game called Slice of Venture Origins. It is a really weird but wholesome story but it has animal hentai, wincest, and succubi. I was expecting some dark mysteries, but it all turned out to be light hearted with a awsome cast covering weird fetishes.

What is the weirdest game you enjoyed?
Jul 12, 2022 6:31 PM

Apr 2010
LSD: Dream Emulator

Despite the title, it's not based on having an lsd trip, but of a dream diary that somebody kept for years. I wouldn't call it a good game, but it's very weird and surreal to experience.
Jul 12, 2022 8:53 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk.

emeth_asher said:

Despite the title, it's not based on having an lsd trip, but of a dream diary that somebody kept for years. I wouldn't call it a good game, but it's very weird and surreal to experience.

Have you played Yume Nikki? It's basically LSD, but better.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jul 12, 2022 9:16 PM

May 2013
I present to you the magnificent, magical and downright amazing: Game of Daytonis. Here is the only LP of it on YouTube.

Basically you play as Paul Blart trying to seek out and destroy a new strain of weed that was found. The "Rumor Weed".

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Jul 12, 2022 9:31 PM

Jul 2016
Probably way less “out-there” compared to prior examples, but I absolutely loved Napple Tale: Arsia in Daydream and might even consider it one of my favorite games ever. It was a Japanese-only Dreamcast game involving a young girl being accidentally sent to a dreamlike world where the four seasons are split into 4 distinct locations from each other. It thankfully got an English patch a few years back.

Super charming and fun 2.5D platformer, with an excellent soundtrack by the Legendary Yoko Kanno, an surprisingly engaging story, and some of the best visuals on the system. I just wish it was a more difficult game, I straight-up managed to beat it without dying a single time on my first playthrough even.

Definitely something I need to replay at some point.
Jul 13, 2022 10:42 AM

Aug 2009
Phantasy Star Universe, which most likely isn't saying much. Either that or Dragon's Dogma because of how idiosyncratic the story and characters are.

Jul 13, 2022 1:24 PM

Feb 2020
Probably Yakyuken Special for the Sega Saturn. It's basically an FMV Strip Rock-Paper-Scissors game.
Jul 15, 2022 2:35 PM

Jun 2017
Taiko Drum Master. I feel like i'm too old to play it, it's just way to cutesy and i'm embarrassed if i get caught.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jul 16, 2022 1:53 AM

Feb 2017
I want to say Cruelty Squad, but after the first impression wears off it stops being weird and starts making too much sense. To an uncomfortable degree

Actually I would pick Killer7. To this day I have only the most vague understanding of what that game was even about. Utter mindfuck acid trip experience.
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Jul 16, 2022 1:58 AM

Feb 2017
Oh yeah and how could I forget these masterpieces. Everything about them should speak for itself

Nov 13, 2022 8:59 PM
Dec 2017
undertale and omori presently from what i can remember.

emeth_asher said:

I heard about the game its gotten something of a cult following especially now in recent times and its such a fever dream looking at vids of it on youtube.

Nov 19, 2022 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is up there as well.

Dec 3, 2022 9:06 PM

May 2017
The Senran Kagura games fit this description the best. I'm not normally into hardcore ecchi games, but the hack and slash combat is oddly therapeutic. It's a shame the series is basically dead now.
Dec 8, 2022 4:39 PM

Jun 2022
HEYY a thread where ive actually played a good number of the games people are talking about

emeth_asher said:

i played their earlier game eastern mind: lost souls of tong nou. which is much weirder. iits a weirdest game contendor but idk, the creatures are dmt entity-tier. so idk if that makes it more weird or less weird.

StarfireDragon said:
Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk.
good as hell game

young_kappa said:
I want to say Cruelty Squad, but after the first impression wears off it stops being weird and starts making too much sense. To an uncomfortable degree

Actually I would pick Killer7. To this day I have only the most vague understanding of what that game was even about. Utter mindfuck acid trip experience.
yeahh cruelty squad is weird but its all very intentional and directed and focused. but jesus crhist. i cant play much of it cus of how dissonant the soundtrack is.

killer7 excelelnt game also definitely obscurantist. lol.

i have vague memroies of playign revenge of the sunfish when i was like 15.

FacelessVixen said:
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is up there as well.
yeah that one is actually weird as hell. especially in that it's not wacky trippy psychedelic weird, its just an insane setting with the jankiest game ever on the goddamn source engine. i should play more of it tbh i didnt get too far.
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 8, 2022 6:19 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
rian9999 said:
good as hell game

I thought it would be up your alley! I found it on Steam and I was like "...the fuck is this? It's only a dollar so I'll try it". I did not expect to like it as much as I did. The sequel is great too.

OT: I've been playing Caution: Seaman for the past few weeks. That is, up until now, anyway, because he just died. This is a game I don't even think words do justice. It's weird enough, talking to a freaky little fish man, but what's even weirder is the feeling you get after you dedicate a certain amount of time to it. It's like... this is MY fucked up freaky fish man damn it. And I need to protect him. And now that it's gone, life just keeps moving on. And I don't really know how I should feel about it.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 8, 2022 8:57 PM

Jun 2022
StarfireDragon said:
rian9999 said:
good as hell game

I thought it would be up your alley! I found it on Steam and I was like "...the fuck is this? It's only a dollar so I'll try it". I did not expect to like it as much as I did. The sequel is great too.

OT: I've been playing Caution: Seaman for the past few weeks. That is, up until now, anyway, because he just died. This is a game I don't even think words do justice. It's weird enough, talking to a freaky little fish man, but what's even weirder is the feeling you get after you dedicate a certain amount of time to it. It's like... this is MY fucked up freaky fish man damn it. And I need to protect him. And now that it's gone, life just keeps moving on. And I don't really know how I should feel about it.
yaeh bag of milk already 1 of my fav games, the vibe is nailed so perfeclty

jfc seaman LOL that 1 would get a weirdest award but its too quirky to be genuinely weird imo. this is why eye divine cybermancy is still my #1 of the thread that ive played so far, just because its not quirky at all, its just fucking weird and in a cool way too rather than a quirky way. but also its badly designed and a lot of weirdness comes from that but w/e, this is why i only got a couple hours into it so far ;___; i will try it again sometime

actually ill add a game to the list myself, street legal. its about a decade ahead of its time and most people know the sequal slrr, street legal racing redline, because it was the best mechanic simulator game for over a decade. and still the most fun.

street legal gets on it because, its the most ridiculous combination of "total visionary" and "so fucking out of scope for their team and budget". theres like a part shop you can walk around in or whatever and it would crash the game when i played the original unpatched CD version as a kid!!! im sure a modder has fixed it because its a great game with tons of modders. but not just that, its pretty much the least stable game i have ever played, lol. its just so weird as hell that this game got made at all. its like the star citizen pitch was given to studio executives after they saw fast and furious, by someone who was actually the biggest car autist ever
rian9999Dec 8, 2022 9:09 PM
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 8, 2022 9:10 PM

Jan 2022
One of the weirdest games I've ever played (back when I actually owned an NEC PC ENGINE SUPER GRAFX plus CD-ROM add on) THIS Hu Card game was just (and still is) fucking weird. You're this kid who gets up in the middle of the night to take a shit, and you get sucked into the toilet bowl and enter a land of... well... SHIT.

TOILET KIDS

a flying shooter game where EVERYTHING is fecal matter. Like What the fuck were the people smoking when they came up with this. That said the game is fun to play and I did enjoy it. It's just really REALLY weird.

after that I'd say the 2003 PLAYSTATION 2 game MANHUNT was fucking disturbing and weird (yeah I loved it). You literally run around committing mass murder on a grand scale after coming off Death Row. You don't see ultra fucked up stuff like this much anymore.

Honorable mention goes to the C.D.I. Phillips game system having a FMV (Full Motion Video) game that chopped up the anime movie Adieu Galaxy Express 999 and turned it into a wonky and overly weird on rails point and click and do things at the right time game called Escape From Cyber City. It's not a good game and just weird.

Dec 8, 2022 9:13 PM

Jun 2022
Grendizer_ said:
Honorable mention goes to the C.D.I. Phillips game system having a FMV (Full Motion Video) game that chopped up the anime movie Adieu Galaxy Express 999 and turned it into a wonky and overly weird on rails point and click and do things at the right time game called Escape From Cyber City. It's not a good game and just weird.

[YT]_zg0NUPbAPA[/Y
no this f**cking wins the thread what the hell is htis??????????? how does something like that even get made?
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 8, 2022 9:21 PM

Jan 2022
rian9999 said:
Grendizer_ said:

[YT]_zg0NUPbAPA[/Y
no this f**cking wins the thread what the hell is htis??????????? how does something like that even get made?

Ca$h Grabs Maximus back in the day.

To me it's an oddity more than anything else. And like the game cost almost $70.00 for what you see in that video (that's literally the whole game)
Dec 8, 2022 9:24 PM

Jun 2022
Grendizer_ said:
rian9999 said:

Ca$h Grabs Maximus back in the day.

To me it's an oddity more than anything else. And like the game cost almost $70.00 for what you see in that video (that's literally the whole game)
yeahhhh... its still such a like "woah dude what if we just chop up this show and make an entire game out of it???" and they finished it soemhow.. or just hired enough people to if they were already rich lol.
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 8, 2022 10:57 PM

Nov 2022
Custom Maid 3D 2 may be
I can build likable meidos in it and sex them

SexVilla 3D

Legacy of Kain series and Max Payne 1 and 2 has complex but interesting plot in them. Kind of Literary Analysis thing.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a visual novel rather than a game, I also like it because of Literary Analysis thing.

Not sure if Doom 2016, Quake 2 and 3 as well as Diablo I and II count as weird.

Nier: Automata

Europa Universalis III and IV - I am very good at it so it is very funny when other people complain they can't play it. Like cascading alliances kill them or something like that.

I mean without cascading alliances, you will not be able to just ally everyone and then cascade into all their wars and grab their land while they are too busy fighting each other. Border gore would be worse then Voltaire's Nightmare, just like IRL. However you would own it all. It is a very realistic game. People just playing it wrong.

If it was the wrong thing to cascade then, France and Sweden would not be the biggest beneficiaries of the 30 years war, that had nothing to do with them in particular. Sweden is at least Protestant so there could be an interest to help bothers in faith against Catholics, not just cold calculation. However Catholic France helping Protestants against fellow Catholic Austria is pure opportunism and political calculation on their side.

However it was a smart calculation as it made France a superpower for 100-150 years until they lost it in 7 years war.

Well expansions after around Common Sense kind push it too far into hard rather then smart game.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 8, 2022 11:16 PM

Feb 2017
rian9999 said:
yeahh cruelty squad is weird but its all very intentional and directed and focused. but jesus crhist. i cant play much of it cus of how dissonant the soundtrack is.

I did have to watch some videos to understand what is going on in the true ending, but that's it

Dec 9, 2022 12:24 AM

Jun 2022
young_kappa said:
rian9999 said:

I did have to watch some videos to understand what is going on in the true ending, but that's it

true ending u mean someone played it to the end????

i thought it was an adaptation of infinite jest
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 9, 2022 8:20 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
@rian9999 I think quirky can be weird. I think Katamari Damacy is pretty weird, but also quirky as hell.

Dec 10, 2022 3:01 AM

Jul 2010
HuniePop 1, 2 and HunieCam. lol Usually I never play those type of games. I think I have to blame Markiplier.
Jan 6, 2023 10:39 AM

Dec 2008
Earthbound, Deadly Premonition and Killer7.
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."
Jan 8, 2023 3:09 AM

May 2017
Anodyne 2. You play as an artificially made humanoid that shrinks inside various surreal creatures to vacuum sentient dust viruses. What happens inside each character’s body gets weirder and weirder the further into the game you go.
Jan 8, 2023 6:19 AM
Jan 8, 2023 10:46 AM

Jan 2023
tchitchouan said:
Yume Nikki games.
Good choice. Fuckin' love Yume Nikki.

The weirdest game I can outright remember playing... probably SMT2? It was pretty strange. Cruelty Squad's weird but that's kind of the point. It's not esoterically weird, it's just a design choice I happen to like quite a lot. The SOVEREIGNS series of HM1 mods are pretty out there but there's not a lot to go on yet. Hoping the one that's being worked on rn fleshes out the lore.
Genderfluid, she/they - please use the latter if you're unsure.
Jan 8, 2023 9:07 PM
Feb 2022
Can't really think of any other weird game I like except for maybe Onechanbara ^^'. Can't really explain why I like it lol.
Jan 11, 2023 2:48 PM
Jan 2023
Ikusa megami zero

Jan 20, 2023 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not into eroge. The ''weirdest'' games I really enjoyed were Yuppie Psycho, Paradise Killer and Disco Elysium

Disco Elysium is an absolutely phenomenal experience and I would recommend it to just about anyone. It's highly philosophical, story-driven and somewhat macabre. Really it's less 'weird' and more unique. 9/10.

Paradise Killer is an open-world investigation game that has you explore a vaporwave island oligarchy filled with digitized ancient deities. The gameplay is mostly parkour, the main draw is the oozing atmosphere. 7.5/10.

Yuppie Psycho is a wacky story-driven pixel puzzle game about a strange dystopic society and a maddening corporate cage. Very unique experience. 7/10.
removed-userJan 20, 2023 8:51 AM
Jan 20, 2023 9:02 AM

May 2020
I dont know if its considered a weird game but i keep on playing Pokemon Puzzle League back when i was a kid!!!

My brother introduced me to this game but i trained hard enough to beat the Super Hard difficulty without losing a match & even speedrunning it as fast as i can!!!

While playing this game on a keyboard!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jan 22, 2023 12:00 PM

May 2019

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3505 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

48 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

15 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

7 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.