Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 26, 2023 1:38 PM
May 2023
It was excellent. A true masterpiece
Jul 16, 2023 4:00 AM

Apr 2013
Guess a nice date in an amusement park is a good way to finish off such a standard romcom. At least that's well done.

Otherwise I can't say much good things about this anime, overall it was quite boring. Izumi would've been a wonderful harem protagonist and that's not a compliment. Shikimori was... fine I guess? Definitely one of the "middest" anime I've seen. 5/10
Jul 17, 2023 1:35 PM
Jul 2023
ojala saquen otra temporada el mejor anime de romance
Jul 19, 2023 10:36 PM
Jul 2023
Saya suka akhir ceritanya
Tolong adakan season 2 nya
Jul 23, 2023 2:16 PM
May 2022
Do not have anything remarkable or unique, not even it's incredible ability to reproduce bad jokes and dialogues. indeed I do not even know why I finished this series
Jul 31, 2023 7:20 AM
May 2023
im so sad that she didnt get to kiss izumi, i love the whole he's the princess and shes the prince thing in this anime
shikimori is so cute when she gets embarrassed
THE ENDING AT THE PARK WAS SO CUTE
and izumi being embarrassed when talking about it to inu and shikimori towards hachimitsu and neko

Sum:
they go to an amusement park and get on rides and one of them was a sleeping beauty themed ride where izumi fell asleep. they were supposed to go to a restaurant but the table he wanted and reserved was accidentally given to someone else and they upgraded them and they both thought they stuck out like a sore thumb but still had fun.
Aug 3, 2023 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
That was sweet.

This show was pretty cute but also I felt pretty bored throughout enough I had let it lag behind on completing it by a long time. Just not funny enough or cute enough to really have a big impact especially when Im not exactly attracted to Shikimori. I found Kamiya a cooler more attractive character, though she might not have had as good a character dynamic with Izumi but still cant help wonder how it would have been with her as the lead instead.
Aug 5, 2023 10:48 PM
Oct 2021
Just another good rom-com, 8/10 is needed. Don't know why it's a 6/10 on mal.
Aug 12, 2023 7:30 AM
Apr 2022
güzel bir romantik komedi animesi. Tavsiye ederim
Aug 15, 2023 6:48 PM
Jun 2022
ZXEAN said:
This anime is soo good. Izumi and Shikimori such a great couple I love their chemistry. Overall it's a 3/10 anime for me. Hopefully we don't get a S2.
wut? so good that its bad? how does that make any sense?
Aug 30, 2023 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
A sweet and pleasant finish to a pleasant but unassuming anime.  Not making waves but not offensive either.
I gave it a 6 as it passed the time but not something I'll consider going back
Sep 24, 2023 12:57 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
What a positive experience this anime turned out to be, I knew the manga for years but never got to read it, then heard negative press for this series as the airing progressed and finished and I still wanted to watch but thought it was going be disappointing... thank god I keep watching!

The first episodes are a bit stale hitting on the same joke of Izumi being unlucky, but once things start expanding, other characters get development, it just got better and better, and then more development to the main cast, and by then I was already really digging the SoL here, but the romance in the end also won me over!

Sadely there is no kiss, these writers just like to take things super slow and kind of unrealistic so that they can milk it more, 95% of anime that have romance fall into this problem, so it is still a problem here, but that is a critic I will make to most of them too.

What matters is that as SoL goes, this was really engaging once you tried it, WHOLESOME!
Shikimori herself became much more endearing IMO to see vs. the earlier episodes, same for Izumi, and this last episode ending with a date and really good art and animation was top-notch to finish this season.

Honestly FUCK the low rating this anime is getting on MAL, it deserves at least 7.5 or higher, so much anime around the ratings of this one that is actually trash and disappointing, unlike this one.

While flawed I'm happy I gave this a watch, would be lovely to see an S2 otherwise might finally give the manga a go, seeing the different perspectives of Shikimori slowly unfolding and giving us such a range of emotions was the biggest highlight for me, props for the animation team.
8.2/10 = 8

@Blakeerror I think tons of users dropped out after the first couple of episodes, and lost something really wholesome due to that.
PlaycoolSep 24, 2023 1:01 PM
Oct 6, 2023 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
I knew what I was getting into when I started watching and the anime did not disappoint. Well, maybe except the fact that when an anime doesn't have a special ending (OP and ED played normally, instead of showing the epilogue with the ending music on the background), it usually means there won't be another season. Dammit, I want more wholesome moments with Izumi and Shikimori!!

Gonna say the same thing that people here have been saying: Shikimori is not Just a Cutie definitely does not deserve this low score! Sure, they don't kiss and there's no progression on their love, but that doesn't make it bad! This episode showed us that there is some progression, it's just very slowly.

I absolutely fell in love with episode 6 and it was very fun to have an episode for Hachimitsu.
I already want to see another season!
Oct 9, 2023 12:45 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Vyse_Sohma
I knew what I was getting into when I started watching and the anime did not disappoint. Well, maybe except the fact that when an anime doesn't have a special ending (OP and ED played normally, instead of showing the epilogue with the ending music on the background), it usually means there won't be another season. Dammit, I want more wholesome moments with Izumi and Shikimori!!

Gonna say the same thing that people here have been saying: Shikimori is not Just a Cutie definitely does not deserve this low score! Sure, they don't kiss and there's no progression on their love, but that doesn't make it bad! This episode showed us that there is some progression, it's just very slowly.

I absolutely fell in love with episode 6 and it was very fun to have an episode for Hachimitsu.
I already want to see another season!
@Vyse_Sohma Same. Nice to see someone who knew what kind of anime this was instead of hating on it because it isn't what they thought it was about. Personally, I gave this show a 9. And I too think it's underrated.
Nov 7, 2023 1:51 PM
May 2022
Very cute, really hope it gets renewed for a season 2 and that the second season is just as good as the first
Nov 12, 2023 8:52 AM
Aug 2022
I loved this episode it showed the backstories of the two skrunklies and how izumi wasnt always all happy and sunshine and how it was so sweet that shikimori changed his life being his hero of sorts and for shikimori how her big brother is like one of the best brothers there is teaching shikimori about individualism and to never be pressured to follow people's footsteps and to just be herself.Man such a good episode!
Nov 28, 2023 9:32 AM
Jan 2022
theres better romcoms out there
Dec 14, 2023 2:03 AM
Dec 2023
Love it, i want to season 2 please
Dec 29, 2023 9:42 AM
Dec 2023
hoping for a second season
Jan 11, 7:43 PM

Dec 2022
An enjoyable slice of life romance. Nice art style and animation. I wish the side characters were better but they weren't that bad. I would've loved to have seen more of Kamiya as well. She's best girl in this show. Better than Shikimori. I wish the romance could've been better. I mean, they've been together a year yet they still haven't had a full on kiss or even hugged.

Overall, there a lot of good parts but some not so interesting parts as well, but nothing too bad. I give it a 7.
Jan 14, 4:23 PM
Feb 2016
top top o site e top
Feb 5, 8:26 AM

Jun 2021
all those thorns, what was that, October Rust by Type O Negative?

such a extremely long queue and he fell asleep before the end, not great.

Oh no, the reservation mix-up seemed bad, but it brought to a better than expected table, probably too good, can they afford the bill? Oh, well, the answer is yes.

... a convenient blackout, and satisfied for how the following moments have been handled.

"how did i act all that upfront?" yeah, good question, but glad it actually happened. Now, please, stop doing that dumb pose with your arms. Shikimori's friends acting like police officers interrogating a suspect was also entertaining.

As long as they're happy, I'm fine with it.

Yeah. Went into this series just being fine with watching cute moments between two pretty likable people, hoping they wouldn't have forced steps into their relationship, and i was satisfied for the delivery. No, even better... episode 11 made me appreciate even more the main lady and some fanon theories about her suddenly turning out to be canon made me soooo happy.

8/10, possibly even 8,5. Not the most original thing in existence and the supporting cast was small in number and not the most exciting, but this has been overall a very enjoyable experience.
Feb 18, 12:25 AM
Feb 2020
Such an adorable ending! I enjoyed a lot this anime, specially because Shikimori 🤩 Fingers crossed for a second season
Mar 31, 3:49 PM
Apr 2021
So we finally got an episode where Izumi and Shikimori go on a real date with just them 2 all day long and it was realy cute seeing them being all happy go lucky with each other the art quality was at an all time high with this epsiode I loved how everything looked when they were on the boat shit looked amazing🤩🔥🔥🔥

We didn’t get a kiss but hey not all romcom’s have the main couple kissing at the end of the series just like with The Angel Spoils Ne Rotten for example but at least we got some form of kissing which was on the cheek haha my boy Izumi is still shy when it comes to being the assertive one but Ik by next season both of them will have to kiss😊👐🏽

Yay Hachimitsu made one final appearance since she wasn’t in the last episode I missed her and the way she talks she’s such a character man I love it🤣💛

I don’t get the hate Shikimori gets this show was really adorable and cute and wholesome all at once we all know there’s gonna be some more character development for Izumi and that’ll most likely happen in season 2 so I guess imma just have to wait until we get a season 2 announcement😫

I’d give this show an 8/10 it was really sweet i don’t get how a lot of ppl hated on this when it was airing + I loved the opening that shit is a banger ong🔥🩷
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

107 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

173 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 10:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.