Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
OK...this got weird with Hideto and Kohei Kokubo's "BL moment" of reunion. "Shoot, Shoot, Shoot~~" like Kouhei and Hideto are a gay couple that got their start in soccer.

Other than that, I don't know why the soccer match had to be like an inferior version of Blue Lock, it's damn dramatic as hell lols. It's like Kouhei is a dark horse, in being both cute and skilled, being able to take people by emotions being the Bishounen.

Am I allowed to boot myself out of this show? It already started bad, and is only getting worse...

WOW, never have I felt THIS MUCH CRINGE watching an episode...
KANLen09Jul 9, 2022 8:41 AM
Jul 9, 2022 8:33 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Kohei was very happy to see Hideto and thinks he continued playing all this time xD. Some BL atmosphere lol.
The team are counting on him to play for them in this match and Hideto agrees!
At first, Hideto can't score a goal but seems Nomada has been controlling the match the entire time with their formation! The enemy score 6 goals! After half time, Hideto plays better! But his shot hits the crossbar! Kohei is brought onto the field... and he is happy to plau with Hideto again! Though that isn't the case for Hideto...
An 11 man dodge whilst crying!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 9, 2022 8:41 AM
Jul 2022
what the ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

this episode is so gay and cringe.
Jul 9, 2022 9:42 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Wow, I didn't expect an anime would try to do something better than being the worst animated piece this season.

Being the most cringe anime of the year.

Dropped. ez 1/10
Jul 9, 2022 10:03 AM
Sep 2015
As much as I yearn for BL, I think this anime is more like a parody of sports anime from 30 years ago, but it's too similar to the point that I might consider this a replica instead of parody. It still uses oldschool animation technique which favor fluidity and sacrifice accurate proportion.

But my attention is at Jo, he's so oldschool hot head character, shouting about a legacy of senpai in the past, and angry with everything, and love to train hard, and want everyone to invest in soccer as much as he does, has red hair, I'm not gonna say that he's one dimensional character, but in 30 years ago most anime has at least 50 episodes so they don't have a problem introducing one dimensional characters and then add another dimension later. But in this case, I don't think Shoot will have enough episode to add another dimension to Jo, and it's not just Jo, all characters here need another dimension or two. Can anyone check how many episode Shoot gonna have? This anime will only succeed if it has several cours, preferably more than three.
Jul 9, 2022 10:08 AM

Jun 2021
Is this BL? Because seeing the way those two were interacting, you would have thought they were former lovers or something. All that running around and yelling "Shoot! Shoot!" with the tears streaking down his cheeks really made me laugh. I know it's not suppose to be comedic, but it just felt so silly and over dramatic.

It was nice to see an actual game of soccer this time. No surprise they got destroyed, but hopefully this kicks their team into gear and they start getting motivated.
Jul 9, 2022 10:10 AM
Aug 2013
Last week i was already down on this show... but they honestly went beyond... and im fucking done with this crap...

this is not a soccer anime, this is a fucking over dramatized BL story set in a supposedly sports world...

im dropping this crap....
Jul 9, 2022 10:26 AM
Feb 2008
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAH I never watched an anime sooooo bizarre hahhaha
Its almost yaoi/BL
Jul 9, 2022 10:37 AM
Feb 2021
The second hand embarrassment I was getting from this is unreal... wtf overdramatic much ╥ω╥
Jul 9, 2022 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
I don't know about you guys but I'm laughing my ass out of whatever was this, those SHOOTS at the end were hilarious!! Anyway, this is too gay for me so enjoy bl shipers!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 9, 2022 11:42 AM
Oct 2020
Yeah this is too much for me. So going to have to drop this.
Jul 9, 2022 1:05 PM

Jun 2020
Holy Bajingas, this is literally the gayest sports anime to exist. Free! is fucking weeping in a corner. People are dropping this thing like flies, but I say GIMME MORE! I love the queerness. I live for the old-school cringiness. All the crying and screaming while dribbling balls around. The sparkle, the sweat, the blushes, all of it. It's my guilty pleasure. It's fucking hilarious, but what can I say? I love it.

Kohei is down bad, and I mean down bad for Tsuji. I'm eating this shit up so hard.
Jul 9, 2022 1:54 PM
Mar 2021
How is this not tagged BL
Jul 9, 2022 5:43 PM

Sep 2007
back in march i watched the original shoot it was amazing i really loved it so i was excited for the new anime

as much as i enjoy bl fanservice in sports anime this one was too much its super cringe and forced i hope they will tone down the gay shit in the upcoming episodes, also for some reason the blonde weirdo is giving me mirai nikki's Yuno vibes lmao
Jul 9, 2022 5:44 PM
Jun 2014
There is nothing wrong with it being a bit gay. But this is just excessive cringe.
Jul 9, 2022 6:18 PM

Aug 2013
This might actually be one of the worst animes I’ve seen in a long time
Jul 9, 2022 6:24 PM

Jun 2008
kinda starting to enjoy how absolutely awful this anime is. I prefer so bad that it's funny over most of the mediocrity this season.
Jul 9, 2022 7:49 PM

Jun 2010
Sarah-Sama said:
back in march i watched the original shoot it was amazing i really loved it so i was excited for the new anime

as much as i enjoy bl fanservice in sports anime this one was too much its super cringe and forced i hope they will tone down the gay shit in the upcoming episodes, also for some reason the blonde weirdo is giving me mirai nikki's Yuno vibes lmao

That's it! Behind all the cringeworthy scenes, Kohei's behavior seemed pretty familiar, although I couldn't quite remember why. He has a Yuno kind of vibe indeed, specially the psychopath aura at the end 😅
Jul 9, 2022 9:34 PM
Jul 2013
I love and respect the original shoot both manga and anime. offside, shoot, fantasista, they're great! This remake is.. disgusting. i dont hate BL. but i hate how eps 2 is full of characters overreacting their romantic atmosphere in the middle of a soccer match. FULL of pink, glitters, flowers, boys while talking at each others for something they repeat hundreds of times.. "i miss you.. run with me.. why are you sad"... just like broke up lovers in a cringe C movie. i thought it was a joke scene and some other characters would react by slapping them, but it is NOT. that is actually how the show goes. i swear i thought "oh, maybe this is a funny scene" but no.. god, im so sad..
Jul 9, 2022 11:47 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Looks like a BL doujinshi of AOKI DENSETSU SHOOT

Because seeing the way those two were interacting, you would have thought they were former lovers or something. All that running around and yelling "Shoot! Shoot!" with the tears streaking down his cheeks really made me laugh. I know it's not suppose to be comedic, but it just felt so silly and over dramatic.

It was nice to see an actual game of soccer this time. No surprise they got destroyed, but hopefully this kicks their team into gear and they start getting motivated.

P. S. The kubo guy in the flashback died after that play. he died of Leukemia in the locker room after going off . The current coach was the first player who gave the news to his teammates after the game and was the most depressed..

Jul 10, 2022 4:25 PM

Nov 2013
dude wtf is this anime...

if i wasn't a fucking idiot i would have dropped it last week, but here i am wasting time lol

again i'll probably end up watching next episode, but i don't even know if i want to :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 10, 2022 8:55 PM
Aug 2018
man, this is cringe.
Thankfully Ao Ashi is still airing to actually have a good football show ATM.
Jul 10, 2022 9:28 PM

Dec 2015
Brawlkuriboh said:
man, this is cringe.

Ao Ashi is not a good football anime, it's an "ok" anime, because football there is also hard to put up with, very poorly done.

But this one, man, this one is awful in every way.
Jul 10, 2022 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
bwahahaha! NO HOMO yandere gey!
2/5.

Jul 11, 2022 1:59 AM
May 2022
Bro just dribbling and crying with eyes closed wtf is this piece of trash LMAOOOOOO gaynime, i regret watched this cringe shit.
You want to play football or just crying instead dude likeee.. wtf
Jul 11, 2022 2:02 AM
May 2022
kirokito said:
This might actually be one of the worst animes I’ve seen in a long time

I just want to write thiss!! its like top 10 anime you dont want to see in your life
Jul 12, 2022 4:05 AM
Apr 2022
newbizt said:
Bro just dribbling and crying with eyes closed wtf is this piece of trash LMAOOOOOO gaynime, i regret watched this cringe shit.
You want to play football or just crying instead dude likeee.. wtf
yes why don't watch Ao Ashi, jesus christ
Jul 12, 2022 4:07 AM
Apr 2022
NogueraB said:
Brawlkuriboh said:
man, this is cringe.

Ao Ashi is not a good football anime, it's an "ok" anime, because football there is also hard to put up with, very poorly done.

But this one, man, this one is awful in every way.
then what good ? Giant Killing all episode slideshow by DEEN ? DAYS all episode slideshow by MAPPA ? They don't even have OP gogerous like Ao Ashi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJXGQVe2ha4
lehuy0210Jul 12, 2022 4:30 AM
Jul 12, 2022 7:54 AM

Oct 2015
Funny how the ball turns from being round to a rugby ball, when super kicked.

Kohei is annoying, somebody RKO his ass
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 16, 2022 6:42 PM

Nov 2012
omg Kohei shut up!

If there ever was a title in need of a BL tag, it's this one.
Jul 17, 2022 4:23 AM
Jul 2022
Nothing wrong with a show being too gay in my opinion not to mention if you are familiar with Anime and Manga you should know by now it's all bait. Unless the show is actually BL it won't go anywhere.

That all being said however It could remove all the annoying glittering and sparkling scenes it adds nothing but cringe.
Jul 17, 2022 2:41 PM
May 2014
I can't do it. I can't continue watching
Jul 24, 2022 2:13 AM

Apr 2010
Will check out episode 3 but yikes. His childhood friend is ridiculously clingy. Strangest thing I have seen in an anime in ages.

Please give us something to actually appreciate about the show other than a moody MC and terrible team.
Jul 26, 2022 2:41 PM
Feb 2016
I don't mind the gayness, but it's not done very well… Ah well, I'll stick with it for the moment if only as a guilty/cringy pleasure.
Aug 16, 2022 4:43 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Bruh. So I watched this at a con. For the first episode, everyone was kinda cringing. Like it was kinda bad. And then by episode two everyone was just like wide eyed looking like they were asking themselves. "WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING". They were laughing though! I don't know if this anime was trying to take itself seriously, but if it's knowingly adding parody elements then I'm kinda here for it.
Though admittedly, I think they turned it up a bit much, ha hah.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 20, 2023 7:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hilarious second episode!!!

The voice of the "friend", was hilarious too, seems a girl asking a her best friend!!! kekeke

Well, I understand, the starters on the field, and the substitutes on the bench, but only 1? Hilarious!!!

The best humour anime!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

20 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 3, 2022

11 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 27, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.