Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 8, 2022 4:01 AM

May 2020
I am just curious because I know Your Lie in April, probably the biggest music themed anime, is extremely well done on the musical side. From what I understand they nailed everything, just added a bit extra drama to TV-ify it.

How well does Hibike deal with the technical side of the music? Theres clearly TONS of moving parts, and they use a lot of musical terms that I simply dont comprehend.
Jul 8, 2022 4:21 AM

Feb 2021
It is accurate to the extreme. And very realistic.
Jul 8, 2022 4:25 AM

May 2021
it's 100% accurate just see those "making the anime video" you'll know it
Jul 8, 2022 5:52 AM
Nov 2021
I'm actually playing oboe in an orchestra and yeah it's amazingly well detailed and that's what I love about this show
Everything from how they play instruments, how they test them, the repetitions, the competitions and the drama of the person who is gonna play the solo actually exist
Jul 8, 2022 7:03 AM
Nov 2020
NekoToChiru said:
I'm actually playing oboe in an orchestra and yeah it's amazingly well detailed and that's what I love about this show
Everything from how they play instruments, how they test them, the repetitions, the competitions and the drama of the person who is gonna play the solo actually exist

I'm a string player (viola) and I agree with this. There is a lot of drama over who is better than who and that sort of thing. It's quite accurate with capturing the general competitive feeling that ensemble playing has
Jul 8, 2022 7:06 AM

Nov 2021
The music part of the anime is amazing just bit over dramatic sometimes in story.
Jul 8, 2022 7:50 AM

Feb 2020
CickNipolla said:
I am just curious because I know Your Lie in April, probably the biggest music themed anime, is extremely well done on the musical side. From what I understand they nailed everything, just added a bit extra drama to TV-ify it.

How well does Hibike deal with the technical side of the music? Theres clearly TONS of moving parts, and they use a lot of musical terms that I simply dont comprehend.

One of the best and most realistic based musical anime. Atleast for me. :)

Jul 8, 2022 8:20 AM
Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:

Its 200% accurate, anyone who plays instruments will definitely love this anime
Jul 8, 2022 8:30 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
It's fantastic, from the accurate animation, to the gorgeous original Concert Band pieces, to the well depicted culture of extra-curricular music. I think anyone who participated in an instrumental music group in any form while in school will at the very least have an appreciation for how well KyoAni captures the spirit of those groups.

There's much less of a dramatic storyline like is found in Your Lie in April, and instead the show focuses more on the music itself, and the friendships, relationships, and rivalries within the group.

Also, one of my favorite things about the show, is that whatever piece the group is working on at the time, they'll show the audience snippets of it during their practice, and you might become familiar with specific portions that certain characters are continously practicing. However (unless my memory has failed me here) you never hear the entire song until the Kitauji Concert Band performs it in a competition, parade, or at a mall, and then they'll dedicate 4-11 minutes of the episode or so, depending on how long each piece is, and they'll just show you the performance. The performance portions are very well done, and I love the narrative choice to have these be the first time the audience experiences the songs all the way through. Another cherry on top, is that, like I mentioned before (and unless I'm mistaken), some of the musical numbers were explicitly written for Hibike Euphonium, which I just find cool.

Lastly, I wanna mention how sometimes there's a show that affects me on another level other than just being good entertainment. Sound Euphonium was definitely one of those shows for me, as it reinstilled my love for playing instrumental music, and got me seriously playing my trumpet again for a while. I think many others likely had a similar experience, and that the show just resonates so well with anyone who's played an instrument before. That's not to say only musicians can enjoy this show, as I believe anyone could, just that if you have played music before, watching Hibike will tug on your nostalgia, and you will likely appreciate the show on an even deeper level than some.

Anway, I'll quit my rambling, but long story short: yes, I do believe Hibike Euphonium delivers on musical accuracy and excellency. It's just a work of art imo, and I would highly recommend it to anyone I know who loves music.

Jul 8, 2022 7:45 PM
Mar 2021
There are videos of musicians explaining how accurate the show is with the music. If you are musician you can pick up on some of the smaller details Kyoto includes.
Jul 8, 2022 11:08 PM
Sep 2020
CickNipolla said:

It's accurate up to the point the acoustics change considering where the song is being listened to in the scene, if they are in the corridor, or in a room next to the practice, or if they're listening just outside the building through the windows. It's one of the most minutious animes I've ever watched, and pretty much the reason I believe this show is great.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

453 by Hearn »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

394 by shichirouji »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.