Forum Settings
Forums
The Fable
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2022 6:05 PM
Nov 2019
This whole series was incredible, hopefully it gets an anime someday
Jul 6, 2022 11:34 PM

Apr 2019
mahzz said:

I doubt it since it already has two live-action movies. Not to mention that the art style is very realistic. It will be very expensive and difficult to adapt it into anime series
Jul 7, 2022 2:14 AM

May 2007
One of the most underrated manga !!

I really enjoyed and love it.

Time for the sequel now.

Jul 7, 2022 7:12 AM

Apr 2021
Dang, the author really knows how to put an ending and the fighting scenes left a really good impression.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Jul 7, 2022 7:18 AM
Nov 2019
Zenbers said:
mahzz said:

I doubt it since it already has two live-action movies. Not to mention that the art style is very realistic. It will be very expensive and difficult to adapt it into anime series

Yeah thats understandable and the live action movies were pretty good too, but a man can only hope :(
Jul 7, 2022 7:21 AM

Mar 2015
troughly enjoy the series from start to end. excel at deadpan joke, amazing at action. 9/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 8, 2022 2:46 PM
Dec 2014
Damm. This series is so good. I hope this gets an anime adaptation but I highly doubt it. Most of assassin series like The Fable are not adapted into anime. But I still hope they make an anime adaptation
Jul 9, 2022 3:46 AM
May 2014
I will miss this series
Daaaamn this was good and so underrated

I'm a bit surprises though, will there really be a sequel ?
This would've been a good ending
Jeeb183Jul 9, 2022 3:49 AM
Jul 9, 2022 4:01 AM
Oct 2009
Loved it.

Happy ending after all, Jackal would've been so happy!
Jul 14, 2022 9:01 AM

May 2015
Jeeb183 said:
I will miss this series
Daaaamn this was good and so underrated

I'm a bit surprises though, will there really be a sequel ?
This would've been a good ending

Well there is.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/142997/The_Fable__The_Second_Contact .

And it will have unofficial translation by the same people.
https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1544829235897966599

I don't know about official translation by Kodansha USA, because they are only on 3rd or so volume of this "first season".
Jul 22, 2022 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
what an amazing ending
Jul 25, 2022 10:03 AM
Jul 2022
until the very end, it is WHOLESOMEEEE! Thank you for everyone who put up work for this manga, I am grateful for the experience 💯
Oct 7, 2022 8:00 PM

Dec 2019
Satisfying ending. 10/10 characters, Yamaoka's general ambition was pretty wild to me but he became one of my favorite manga villains ever. What perfect timing to read the sequel since the second volume released just 2 days ago yay
Nov 15, 2022 6:14 PM
Sep 2018
Honestly, this was a really underwhelming ending for me. Very disappointing in the fact that nobody died in this manga, none of the "good" guys that's.
Jan 4, 2023 10:21 AM
Aug 2019
I absolutely loved it! Looking forward for more!
Feb 12, 2023 5:35 AM
Dec 2019
Fenlix said:
Honestly, this was a really underwhelming ending for me. Very disappointing in the fact that nobody died in this manga, none of the "good" guys that's.
yeah, me too. I'm happy they got a good ending and everyone's happy but at the same time not really? Like i thought the ending could've been a lot better. I didn't like that the "boss" who's famously ruthless now suddenly is interested  seeking justice and everyone turned out fine. But overall it was an amazing read and had me so invested in all the characters which made the action scenes so thrilling. Plus the AMAZING art too. A strong 8/10. Do you think i should read the sequel?
Mar 21, 2023 2:45 PM

Aug 2022
Does this author trace photographs?  The art style is incredibly distinct.
Mar 21, 2023 6:44 PM
Nov 2019
Crixxus21 said:
Im not certain ofc but the cars seem way too realistic to be drawings, same goes to alot of backgrounds
Mar 21, 2023 7:31 PM

Aug 2022
mahzz said:
Crixxus21 said:
Im not certain ofc but the cars seem way too realistic to be drawings, same goes to alot of backgrounds

Agreed.  The characters themselves could be original drawings but even they often feel like photographed models being traced.  But the cars, the backgrounds, and the guns really really feel like they are traced, unless the mangaka is a savant when it comes to inanimate objects.

But the fact this manga has been made into several live action movies and never animes really make it feel like tracing is the main method for this manga.
Jul 22, 2023 10:59 PM

Apr 2022
man, what a great read. humor, characters and action; really fun stuff. it's crazy how realistic the art is, it's almost odd lmao very unique. usually, most manga tend to fall off towards the end but this just kept getting better, solid 9/10 for me. i hope the anime adaptation goes well too. 
now on to the second contract in a while. need more of akira and youko!
Aug 18, 2023 6:04 PM
May 2020
Its a masterpiece, everyone should read this.
Aug 26, 2023 8:20 PM

Mar 2020
So this whole story was a mission from the boss to change Sato? Peak Manga, not many can mix violence with comedy like The Fable but this was great. Definitely would give it another read in the future.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Oct 21, 2023 2:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It wasn't goodbye, it was see you later.

Nice manga, easy to read, with action and violent

9/10

waiting for the continuation

kekeke
Nov 21, 2023 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty solid.

Generally not a big fan of comedy/serious stuff but it's relatively well done here.

The biggest upside is honestly the 'character' of the cast - very rarely, even in seinen, you get to see a cast who acts as normal people would, especially in the underworld setting. It's usually either overkill evil or too sissy, but it's just a perfect mix here.

The only other upside I can think of is it touching some serious themes like the overprotectiveness leading to serious problems in society.

The downsides are kinda... everything else but to a mostly smaller degree.
Starting with it being too silly to take serious at times to the usual way overkill protag power for a realistic setting.

Biggest downside is how all the events seem happen in some imaginary world where police does not exist despite literally main theme of the manga being 'the times changing'. Not a single chapter mentions cops or anything when you literally have a huge series of serious crimes in extremely short timespan which would make headlines of AT LEAST local media.

Not a big fan of author wanting to extend the manga further with a second season, I think the story could have been perfectly wrapped right here, I can only see it getting worse going further.

With all the downsides I would say I can't really give it anything higher than 8 despite really enjoying it.

More topics from this board

» Read Second Contact?

hmist - Mar 12

4 by mogegh »»
Mar 17, 6:27 AM

Poll: » The Fable Chapter 1 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 25, 2022

5 by Rudoshiwa »»
Nov 8, 2023 11:37 AM

Poll: » The Fable Chapter 8 Discussion

Ranxomare - Apr 18, 2023

4 by Mcdoclin »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » The Fable Chapter 2 Discussion

Ranxomare - Apr 18, 2023

3 by Mcdoclin »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » The Fable Chapter 239 Discussion

ryzxgum - Jul 22, 2023

3 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 21, 2023 2:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.